Are we all aware of the 5 September 2013 deadline ?
For Payroll ( and other) Accountants wanting to avoid PI claims for up to £50,000. Just a reminder to accountants (especially those operating payrolls for clients) that the "Regional Employer National Insurance Contributions (NICs) Holiday for New Businesses" scheme closes tomorrow.
Application can still be made to join this scheme, which commenced on 6th September 2010, to claim exemption from Employer's National Insurance Contributions in respect of earnings paid up to and including tomorrow.
The maximum exemption is £50,000 (i.e. 10 employees at £5,000 per employee). Any failure by accountants to make use of this Scheme could of course result in a Professional Indemnity claim. Clearly today is a good time for all accountants dealing with payrolls for clients to ensure that no clients are "missing out" - even where accountants do not deal with the payroll for clients, I would recommend a review of the client database to notify clients, where appropriate, of this scheme, to confirm that advantage has been taken thereof (even where clients have been previously notified).
Full details are of course available from the HMRC website. Basil.
- Accounting jobs in the UK 113 2
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 220 1
- What aspects of accountancy/book-keeping most trouble people 117 2
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 175 4
- CIS gross status review 78 1
- Notes needed for a new partner in an LLP 116 2
- Dividend payments to spouses 336 6
- Flat rate vat error 231 5
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 112 5
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 135 2
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 63 1
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 126 4
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 348 8
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 599 17
- Dispensation pointless ? 258 4
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 600 11
- Are bankruptcy restrictions order becoming more common? 197 4
- Charge out rates in London? 201 2
- Negative retained earnings & Dividends 172 3
- pre letting expenses 153 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 745
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 478
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 294
- How to format a stock book 256
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 208
- Tax efficient holding company structure 197
- Investment property company accounts template 186
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 182
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 166
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 154