Are you allowed to accrue an uninvoiced cost of a tangible fixed asset?
Here is the scenario:
Suppose you've been quoted £10K from a supplier for website development over a 3 month period. 30% was invoiced and paid upfront before any work commenced. The development did not go according to plan and by the end of the year (12 months later), development work was only 70% complete. No invoice has been issued for the remainder of this work completed.
Is one allowed to accrue the additional 40% cost of this fixed asset (given the current working state of the website) which will also allow the company to claim a higher capital allowance in the first year due to AIA?
At what stage does one start depreciating the asset? Only following 100% completion? If that is the case, can you only claim AIA at this stage?
Thanks for your input.
- Clothing 488 12
- Anybody still doing returns? 642 27
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 60 5
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 145 7
- Parent and subsidiary... 39 2
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 333 16
- Designated sole Residence 119 2
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 699 15
- Anyone know what this is? 189 6
- HMRC filing meltdown? 875 27
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 474 7
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 251 9
- no utr 268 8
- client can't/won't pay 2,105 49
- Director drawings 598 32
- Tax Returns for non residents 283 2
- Investment properties/freehold land 82 1
- Capital Loss 115 3
- LLP formed in 2013 96 1
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 182 7
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 950
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 667
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 620
- Latest phishing scam 596
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 434
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 323
- Scratch Head 260
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 246
- Sabbatical payments 213
- Negligible Value Claim 194