Are you allowed to accrue an uninvoiced cost of a tangible fixed asset?
Here is the scenario:
Suppose you've been quoted £10K from a supplier for website development over a 3 month period. 30% was invoiced and paid upfront before any work commenced. The development did not go according to plan and by the end of the year (12 months later), development work was only 70% complete. No invoice has been issued for the remainder of this work completed.
Is one allowed to accrue the additional 40% cost of this fixed asset (given the current working state of the website) which will also allow the company to claim a higher capital allowance in the first year due to AIA?
At what stage does one start depreciating the asset? Only following 100% completion? If that is the case, can you only claim AIA at this stage?
Thanks for your input.
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 302 9
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,382 20
- SAGE 50 PAYROLL YEAR END 200 5
- What do you all do in your spare time? 560 26
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 352 6
- Can software startup claim VAT refund during development? 139 6
- Tax implications on building an 'office' 185 2
- VAT on employee loan 240 2
- VT Final Accounts puts "Cost of Sales - Carriage" and "Cost of Sales - Other Costs" into "Other Costs". Is that compulsory? It seems mad. 169 3
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 695 18
- Partial PPR relief to non-resident after 05 Apr 2015 144 1
- Purchased Goodwill 92 1
- Accounting Package for Projects 67 2
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 87 1
- Are accountants keeping up with the pace of change? 198 4
- Recruitment agencies 582 1
- Do you charge fee or % for Successful appeal against HMRC penalties? 517 20
- Letting Agents - requirement for audit of clients accounts 267 9
- HMRC RANT!!!! 484 8
- Scams are not always obvious 2,037 33
- New Fangled Penalties 1,075
- Moving away from CCH software 929
- QROP pension input amounts 423
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 370
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 337
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 309
- fraud 260
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 235
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 209
- Construction CIS LLP Company 189