Are you allowed to accrue an uninvoiced cost of a tangible fixed asset?
Here is the scenario:
Suppose you've been quoted £10K from a supplier for website development over a 3 month period. 30% was invoiced and paid upfront before any work commenced. The development did not go according to plan and by the end of the year (12 months later), development work was only 70% complete. No invoice has been issued for the remainder of this work completed.
Is one allowed to accrue the additional 40% cost of this fixed asset (given the current working state of the website) which will also allow the company to claim a higher capital allowance in the first year due to AIA?
At what stage does one start depreciating the asset? Only following 100% completion? If that is the case, can you only claim AIA at this stage?
Thanks for your input.
- Self assessment 125 1
- Self Help Accountancy Book for Client 90 2
- Claiming VAT 69 2
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 1,067 15
- VAT on Acquisitions and Exempt Supplier 164 4
- Company assets 326 14
- MoneySoft 102 1
- Corporation tax on gains from one company to another 258 10
- HMRC website & Adobe Reader 262 5
- Basis period (2nd yr) for a partnership, please any suggestions would be really helpful 147 1
- Auto-enrolment - fact or fiction? 492 9
- Director resignation 727 21
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 1,791 30
- Additional information attached to accounts 145 1
- CIS Only Scheme 102 1
- No payroll scheme in place 342 1
- Xero Training 391 3
- SA Penalty 230 1
- VAT on Part Contribution towards Safety Boots 258 13
- Debtor weighting by sales 99 1
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 500
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 476
- Is there anything wrong with this? 277
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 264
- Uncommercial property business 240
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 203
- Registering online CWF1 181
- Accrued income scheme 177
- Zoho software in small accounting and bookkeeping practice 174
- VAT - registration needed? 174