Are you allowed to accrue an uninvoiced cost of a tangible fixed asset?
Here is the scenario:
Suppose you've been quoted £10K from a supplier for website development over a 3 month period. 30% was invoiced and paid upfront before any work commenced. The development did not go according to plan and by the end of the year (12 months later), development work was only 70% complete. No invoice has been issued for the remainder of this work completed.
Is one allowed to accrue the additional 40% cost of this fixed asset (given the current working state of the website) which will also allow the company to claim a higher capital allowance in the first year due to AIA?
At what stage does one start depreciating the asset? Only following 100% completion? If that is the case, can you only claim AIA at this stage?
Thanks for your input.
- Starting up in practice - safety net 177 5
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 348 9
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 101 1
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 334 11
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 227 4
- Rental property company 111 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 320 7
- Payroo Employer allowance query 263 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 387 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 162 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 201 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 148 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 501 5
- Director's tax return 401 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 189 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,141 34
- Flat rate vat 246 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 197 5
- Coming in from the cold 400 3
- Splitting the tax year 197 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 822
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 572
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 439
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 320
- Free Tax Legislation? 294
- Director Loan account operation 273
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 263
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 260
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 239
- Paye procedures for CVA 180