Are you allowed to accrue an uninvoiced cost of a tangible fixed asset?
Here is the scenario:
Suppose you've been quoted £10K from a supplier for website development over a 3 month period. 30% was invoiced and paid upfront before any work commenced. The development did not go according to plan and by the end of the year (12 months later), development work was only 70% complete. No invoice has been issued for the remainder of this work completed.
Is one allowed to accrue the additional 40% cost of this fixed asset (given the current working state of the website) which will also allow the company to claim a higher capital allowance in the first year due to AIA?
At what stage does one start depreciating the asset? Only following 100% completion? If that is the case, can you only claim AIA at this stage?
Thanks for your input.
- Personal Pension Relief in the Tax Code 144 2
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,042 47
- CGT on lost shares/scam 370 4
- Setting up a practice 389 5
- Very large share capital by mistake 502 7
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 464 4
- 24 month rule and expenses 279 1
- Love is in the air 548 6
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 656 17
- Stamp Duty 294 4
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 238 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,810 21
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 596 5
- Incorporation of gp practise 279 1
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 263 9
- Client Paperwork Retention? 574 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 586 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 393 4
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 396 9
- Reimbursing director travel costs 459 6
- DTA tie-breaker issue 303
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 292
- CGT for NOn UK residents 280
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 276
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 254
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 240
- Apprenticeship Levy 238
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 225
- Capital Gains personal representatives 221
- Discretionary payment to sick employee 216