Are you allowed to accrue an uninvoiced cost of a tangible fixed asset?
Here is the scenario:
Suppose you've been quoted £10K from a supplier for website development over a 3 month period. 30% was invoiced and paid upfront before any work commenced. The development did not go according to plan and by the end of the year (12 months later), development work was only 70% complete. No invoice has been issued for the remainder of this work completed.
Is one allowed to accrue the additional 40% cost of this fixed asset (given the current working state of the website) which will also allow the company to claim a higher capital allowance in the first year due to AIA?
At what stage does one start depreciating the asset? Only following 100% completion? If that is the case, can you only claim AIA at this stage?
Thanks for your input.
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 345 16
- What is the reasoning behind HMRC letter re high income child benefit charge? 371 9
- Sale of an investment between group companies 131 6
- Gift to employee 252 5
- Residents Association Corp Tax 277 12
- Your fondest calculator memories 1,002 40
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 364 7
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 957 21
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,937 27
- Car maintenance costs deductible against CT 150 5
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 304 1
- Unquoted company valuation multiples 52 1
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 259 6
- private to company car? 300 6
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 865 13
- Question re Career choice... 1,415 9
- Owner/Director consultant plus employment elsewhere 235 7
- Which address 849 10
- What is the best practice for running a roofing company in Sage 217 6
- You think HMRC are inefficient? 349 6
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 462
- CTA study material 444
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 315
- Pre incorp expenses 292
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 254
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 244
- Slight twist on employment related securities 221
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 208
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 194
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 135