Are you allowed to accrue an uninvoiced cost of a tangible fixed asset?
Here is the scenario:
Suppose you've been quoted £10K from a supplier for website development over a 3 month period. 30% was invoiced and paid upfront before any work commenced. The development did not go according to plan and by the end of the year (12 months later), development work was only 70% complete. No invoice has been issued for the remainder of this work completed.
Is one allowed to accrue the additional 40% cost of this fixed asset (given the current working state of the website) which will also allow the company to claim a higher capital allowance in the first year due to AIA?
At what stage does one start depreciating the asset? Only following 100% completion? If that is the case, can you only claim AIA at this stage?
Thanks for your input.
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 323 8
- Sage Starting Again As Records are in a mess 230 4
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 489 11
- HMRC Property campaign 762 10
- Estate agent and VAT registration 179 2
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 85 1
- Redundancy pay for directors? 346 12
- CIC Company 475 4
- Should VAT be charged when land is transferred as part of a TOGC 81 1
- Sole-trader renting commmercial property from himself & spouse. 118 1
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 521 8
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,926 48
- Small company audit 278 8
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 218 5
- What can my client claim r & d on? 229 5
- Problem partnership fees 144 1
- Car financed by employee 131 1
- Potential Customer Under VAT Threshold 135 1
- Undisclosed income 226 3
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 311 8
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 608
- Cancelled 355
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 337
- Cancelled 291
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 263
- Probiz 251
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 206
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 195
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 192
- Car leasing scheme 188