Are you allowed to accrue an uninvoiced cost of a tangible fixed asset?
Here is the scenario:
Suppose you've been quoted £10K from a supplier for website development over a 3 month period. 30% was invoiced and paid upfront before any work commenced. The development did not go according to plan and by the end of the year (12 months later), development work was only 70% complete. No invoice has been issued for the remainder of this work completed.
Is one allowed to accrue the additional 40% cost of this fixed asset (given the current working state of the website) which will also allow the company to claim a higher capital allowance in the first year due to AIA?
At what stage does one start depreciating the asset? Only following 100% completion? If that is the case, can you only claim AIA at this stage?
Thanks for your input.
- What does it mean?? 241 7
- Notes to statutory accounts 241 13
- Auto enrolment 971 11
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 115 4
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 299 7
- Two clients (married to each other) disappeared from client list 273 7
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 212 7
- another ir35!!!! 1,006 6
- Gifting shares 244 5
- Need qualification back due to clients' banks needing my references 598 11
- Tax Credit Overpayment 228 8
- A question about share structure 189 3
- Holding companies 136 5
- Offsetting CIS tax suffered against CT 97 2
- I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes 530 6
- Soil Survey Required Mortgage 204 6
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 100 2
- Donations/grants by a CIC 171 1
- VAT Registration 400 18
- Is our client doing anything wrong? 679 5
- Skandia using wrong address 1,527
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 839
- International interest certificate 457
- NOVA 315
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 205
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 204
- Bonus Bonds 199
- Management expenses for investment company 192
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 180
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 168