Are you allowed to accrue an uninvoiced cost of a tangible fixed asset?
Here is the scenario:
Suppose you've been quoted £10K from a supplier for website development over a 3 month period. 30% was invoiced and paid upfront before any work commenced. The development did not go according to plan and by the end of the year (12 months later), development work was only 70% complete. No invoice has been issued for the remainder of this work completed.
Is one allowed to accrue the additional 40% cost of this fixed asset (given the current working state of the website) which will also allow the company to claim a higher capital allowance in the first year due to AIA?
At what stage does one start depreciating the asset? Only following 100% completion? If that is the case, can you only claim AIA at this stage?
Thanks for your input.
- Old CGT loss 248 5
- New Starter Checklist 49 3
- UK Pension Income For Non-Residents 133 4
- Should Nominal Ledger be given to new accountant 551 15
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 327 18
- Charges for VAT MOSS 211 1
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 357 6
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 273 7
- Limited company purchase of property 496 4
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 1,006 15
- Goodwill complications 284 6
- Tax relief for VAT assessment 46 1
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 150 1
- How much of your work is admin? 734 9
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 222 4
- Will I need to resign? 475 7
- Trade creditor journal 125 2
- The declaration on the VAT return is wrong ??? 199 1
- Bulk submissions to Companies House 486 2
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 418 9
- TheTax Donut 1,064
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 710
- Follower cases 508
- Hive up 444
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 410
- corporate hierarchy 402
- LIVE chat, starting now 380
- Advice - 217
- Amortisation of Goodwill 189
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 184