Are you in budgeting purgatory?
We're got a 31 December year-end and are going through the annual budgeting purgatory on AccountingWEB. Our publisher is currently spreadsheet-wrestling with the MD and FD over his investment plans for next year.
Are you going through the budgeting rounds at the moment? And if so, how are you finding it?
Have you got any ways to avoid the game-playing and conflict that seem to be inherent in the process. What tools do you use and how suitable are they for the job? Have you got any techniques, such as rolling budgets or collaborative online planning, that bring more value?
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 37 2
- VAT on new builds 130 3
- incorrect old p60 160 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 97 1
- Related party disclosure 51 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 314 6
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,892 28
- Redundancy Pay 437 6
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 687 6
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 709 19
- Sage Priority Support 109 2
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 506 4
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 356 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 140 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 129 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 151 1
- Missing tax return 197 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 924 24
- CG on Spanish property disposal 278 8
- SSAS Pension scheme 166 2