Are you in budgeting purgatory?
We're got a 31 December year-end and are going through the annual budgeting purgatory on AccountingWEB. Our publisher is currently spreadsheet-wrestling with the MD and FD over his investment plans for next year.
Are you going through the budgeting rounds at the moment? And if so, how are you finding it?
Have you got any ways to avoid the game-playing and conflict that seem to be inherent in the process. What tools do you use and how suitable are they for the job? Have you got any techniques, such as rolling budgets or collaborative online planning, that bring more value?
- Paper tax return 31 1
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,314 41
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 214 3
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 396 13
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 137 1
- AIA or IFA 407 7
- Surely not? 402 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 619 9
- Start up allowance? 317 10
- Running two businesses from the same premises 342 3
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 341 7
- Late Registration for VAT 343 11
- Old CGT loss 165 2
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 254 5
- Nominal Ledger 328 10
- Share structures 131 5
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 2,137 19
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 333 5
- Business rates consultancy 212 3
- Capitalisation - Scanning Files 173 4