Asset disposal where company is subject to partial exemption
Have a general query from a client and not enough time to research whilst filing all those nasty late SA returns!!
My client has significant VAT partial exemption (a golf club).
They are part ex'ing and replacing a significant piece of plant - am I correct in assuming that the allowable % recovery on the original plant (approx 20%) would then mean the same % was the repayable vat on the disposal?
eg original cost £50k plus vat £10k, but input claim restricted via partial exemption to 20% (ie £2k). Now being disposed for £16k to finance company therefore being
£13,333 net and vat of £2,667 vat. Would have imagined the output VAT on disposal would be the same as the allowable % when originally purchased - otherwise they only recovered £2,000 when purchased and then have to pay £2,667 on the disposal!!
Appreciate there may be a simple answer to this and many thanks in advance!
- Anybody still doing returns? 687 30
- Clothing 501 13
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 84 5
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 151 7
- Parent and subsidiary... 52 2
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 340 16
- Designated sole Residence 127 2
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 709 15
- Anyone know what this is? 213 6
- HMRC filing meltdown? 884 27
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 489 7
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 257 9
- no utr 275 8
- client can't/won't pay 2,112 49
- Director drawings 601 32
- Tax Returns for non residents 289 2
- Investment properties/freehold land 85 1
- Capital Loss 121 3
- LLP formed in 2013 96 1
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 190 7
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 950
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 671
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 621
- Latest phishing scam 597
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 434
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 323
- Scratch Head 260
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 253
- Sabbatical payments 213
- Negligible Value Claim 194