Asset disposal where company is subject to partial exemption
Have a general query from a client and not enough time to research whilst filing all those nasty late SA returns!!
My client has significant VAT partial exemption (a golf club).
They are part ex'ing and replacing a significant piece of plant - am I correct in assuming that the allowable % recovery on the original plant (approx 20%) would then mean the same % was the repayable vat on the disposal?
eg original cost £50k plus vat £10k, but input claim restricted via partial exemption to 20% (ie £2k). Now being disposed for £16k to finance company therefore being
£13,333 net and vat of £2,667 vat. Would have imagined the output VAT on disposal would be the same as the allowable % when originally purchased - otherwise they only recovered £2,000 when purchased and then have to pay £2,667 on the disposal!!
Appreciate there may be a simple answer to this and many thanks in advance!
- Overseas bank interest 73 2
- Undeclared rental income 1,807 19
- Kasperskey - home pc 291 4
- Resubmit Corporation tax Return 147 2
- Rental Income Tax Planning 254 4
- Cash basis 228 7
- Statutory sick pay 105 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 15,878 589
- Companies house dissolved my company. What do I do now? 1,214 12
- Lorry Drivers 345 5
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 230 2
- Is alcohol allowed within the £150 staff entertaining exemption? 1,528 9
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 120 1
- PRR 583 16
- TMA 1970 - fixed penalties appeals 212 2
- Partially exempt? 316 10
- Method for filing 2013/14 payroll? 258 3
- Finally a winner from HMRC!!! 583 4
- Income recognition - release of product from a factory 250 10
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 212 4
- Skandia using wrong address 528
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 291
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 286
- Employee rewards 277
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 250
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 242
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 231
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 216
- Etax Australian 177
- LLP in Construction Industry 139