Our local dentist has sold out to a big "chain" of dentists, and one of the new "associates" put in place by the large firm has approached me to act for him.
I can see that him being of self-employed status is accepted by HMRC with no problem.
Is there anything else I should know ?
Presumably he can't claim for travel from home to the dental surgery - I am struggling to think of what he can claim for actually !!
I would be appreciative if someone who acts for any associate dentists could give me some guidance please.
I should probably add that he is Greek and only came to this country in October, but he has a National Insurance number, so I guess that is all OK ?
- VAT Invoice 250 7
- VAT on sale of an Asset 108 1
- Cash in Hand 207 3
- Buy to let and capitak gain 211 5
- are receipts needed? 643 17
- SA302's anyone?? 631 18
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 340 8
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 166 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 360 12
- Busines software 197 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 224 6
- Converting a barn for business use 192 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 324 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 333 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 499 10
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 351 3
- Bookkeping software 743 7
- Clogged Losses 293 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 289 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 674 10
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 911
- International interest certificate 525
- NOVA 375
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 337
- Management expenses for investment company 279
- Bonus Bonds 277
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 187
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 172
- EXACT ONLINE 172
- P11D benefit received by widow 168