Our local dentist has sold out to a big "chain" of dentists, and one of the new "associates" put in place by the large firm has approached me to act for him.
I can see that him being of self-employed status is accepted by HMRC with no problem.
Is there anything else I should know ?
Presumably he can't claim for travel from home to the dental surgery - I am struggling to think of what he can claim for actually !!
I would be appreciative if someone who acts for any associate dentists could give me some guidance please.
I should probably add that he is Greek and only came to this country in October, but he has a National Insurance number, so I guess that is all OK ?
- On line Remote Training 212 7
- Are agent account managers any good? 54 1
- Clients 566 11
- Intermediaries reporting - who does it apply to? 48 1
- Starting new accounting business 122 2
- Group Relief 50 1
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 215 3
- Sage 200 vatable journal? 94 4
- Transfer of stock 240 12
- Can a Directors Pension be paid into a Ltd Company 121 1
- New client procedure 270 4
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 234 2
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 304 10
- Tolley UK sales number 155 4
- Enterprise relief 102 2
- Pre-registration VAT: can you reclaim VATon delivery costs incurred in the six months prior to registration? 165 4
- VAT flat rate scheme 394 7
- Virtually Impossible 597 12
- Registering as a director 112 1
- SSP days and Holidays 210 3
- QROP pension input amounts 488
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 465
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 431
- EPS and CIS deductions 288
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 278
- Construction CIS LLP Company 271
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 233
- SAGE winforecast 194
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 177
- Overdrawn director account 163