Our local dentist has sold out to a big "chain" of dentists, and one of the new "associates" put in place by the large firm has approached me to act for him.
I can see that him being of self-employed status is accepted by HMRC with no problem.
Is there anything else I should know ?
Presumably he can't claim for travel from home to the dental surgery - I am struggling to think of what he can claim for actually !!
I would be appreciative if someone who acts for any associate dentists could give me some guidance please.
I should probably add that he is Greek and only came to this country in October, but he has a National Insurance number, so I guess that is all OK ?
- Dress code 1,193 27
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 682 9
- carry back of gift aid 52 1
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 679 18
- Scottish Independance 446 13
- How to complain about HMRC 932 12
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 324 8
- VAT Flat rate scheme for property management company 73 2
- NOMINAL CODES 310 4
- Do HMRC automatically close inactive PAYE schemes? 166 2
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax Consultancy 2014 702 5
- VAT on goods never entered the UK 278 9
- Interest relief before property is rented out 226 4
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 368 7
- What is the best practice for running a roofing company in Sage 422 9
- Sharing of Fixed Assets 102 1
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 248 1
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 334 12
- How much did you pay for your website 1,606 27
- Dividend 440 6
- CTA study material 746
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 460
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 340
- Employment related securities question 298
- AIM Stocks and IHT 273
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 244
- Expat pension contributions? 236
- Trust for Employee 226
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 140
- Wind Turbine - Company or not? 130