Our local dentist has sold out to a big "chain" of dentists, and one of the new "associates" put in place by the large firm has approached me to act for him.
I can see that him being of self-employed status is accepted by HMRC with no problem.
Is there anything else I should know ?
Presumably he can't claim for travel from home to the dental surgery - I am struggling to think of what he can claim for actually !!
I would be appreciative if someone who acts for any associate dentists could give me some guidance please.
I should probably add that he is Greek and only came to this country in October, but he has a National Insurance number, so I guess that is all OK ?
- Companies House incorporation service 112 6
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 516 11
- utr 100 4
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 2,339 27
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 119 3
- Moneysoft Payroll Manager 281 7
- P9D or P11D 693 7
- CT return error message 362 10
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,691 43
- Group subcontracting - accounts not consolidated 104 2
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 91 1
- Should the Report of the Director be included in the interim financial statements of a small company 89 1
- Audit rules 368 8
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 290 7
- Slipped out of the self assessment radar 219 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 820 11
- Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax 186 2
- FRS17 query 203 2
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 1,014 6
- Charge HMRC 280 2
- Xtuple 541
- Qtac payroll for bureau 369
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 313
- Industrial & Provident Societies 307
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 274
- CIS schemes 208
- Domain name sale and limited company 199
- Investment 179
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 171
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 170