Our local dentist has sold out to a big "chain" of dentists, and one of the new "associates" put in place by the large firm has approached me to act for him.
I can see that him being of self-employed status is accepted by HMRC with no problem.
Is there anything else I should know ?
Presumably he can't claim for travel from home to the dental surgery - I am struggling to think of what he can claim for actually !!
I would be appreciative if someone who acts for any associate dentists could give me some guidance please.
I should probably add that he is Greek and only came to this country in October, but he has a National Insurance number, so I guess that is all OK ?
- Contingent Liability - Copyright Dispute - Disclosure ? 244 7
- Directors loan accounts 374 9
- Can I zero rate the VAT? 318 7
- Payment for Promotional Samples 254 1
- Transactions between Associated Companies 104 2
- Cash withdrawn and not accounted for 180 1
- Employed clients and expenses 793 14
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 1,032 1
- Share premium or Directors Loan 698 29
- Taxfiler V's BTC 904 34
- Know it alls (who don't) 1,107 20
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 512 18
- I.d for vat registration 274 10
- Bookkeping software 901 9
- Capital allowances anti-avoidance 290 9
- Accounting for VAT not yet paid in year end 251 4
- Auto Enrolment set up 345 2
- SA302's anyone?? 2,828 42
- VAT return - Box 7 & 9 Vat cash accounting 130 2
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 162 6
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 540
- NOVA 489
- Bonus Bonds 375
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 354
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 274
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 239
- Friendly Pensions 170
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 156
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 140
- Finance Lease 140