Our local dentist has sold out to a big "chain" of dentists, and one of the new "associates" put in place by the large firm has approached me to act for him.
I can see that him being of self-employed status is accepted by HMRC with no problem.
Is there anything else I should know ?
Presumably he can't claim for travel from home to the dental surgery - I am struggling to think of what he can claim for actually !!
I would be appreciative if someone who acts for any associate dentists could give me some guidance please.
I should probably add that he is Greek and only came to this country in October, but he has a National Insurance number, so I guess that is all OK ?
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 261 12
- payroll software 52 1
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 1,030 25
- Complicated Company car purchase 59 1
- Pricing 314 10
- Late VAT registration penalty 232 5
- Partially exempt? 217 7
- Mexican student in UK 89 1
- Dividend in specie 182 3
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 139 7
- Lorry Drivers 103 1
- VAT 111 2
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 835 18
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 617 7
- Rental Income Tax Planning 200 3
- Vat 88 2
- Auto-Enrolment 3,821 184
- Method for filing 2013/14 payroll? 124 2
- Incorporation Relief 126 2
- First VAT Visit for client 158 2
- Skandia using wrong address 472
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 274
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 267
- Employee rewards 256
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 216
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 213
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 210
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 199
- Etax Australian 168
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 155