Our local dentist has sold out to a big "chain" of dentists, and one of the new "associates" put in place by the large firm has approached me to act for him.
I can see that him being of self-employed status is accepted by HMRC with no problem.
Is there anything else I should know ?
Presumably he can't claim for travel from home to the dental surgery - I am struggling to think of what he can claim for actually !!
I would be appreciative if someone who acts for any associate dentists could give me some guidance please.
I should probably add that he is Greek and only came to this country in October, but he has a National Insurance number, so I guess that is all OK ?
- Will I need to resign? 37 1
- Paper tax return 73 3
- Start up allowance? 330 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 442 15
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,324 41
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 223 3
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 158 1
- AIA or IFA 413 7
- Surely not? 413 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 622 9
- Running two businesses from the same premises 350 3
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 347 7
- Late Registration for VAT 346 11
- Old CGT loss 167 2
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 257 5
- Nominal Ledger 339 10
- Share structures 135 5
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 2,145 19
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 336 5
- Business rates consultancy 214 3