Our local dentist has sold out to a big "chain" of dentists, and one of the new "associates" put in place by the large firm has approached me to act for him.
I can see that him being of self-employed status is accepted by HMRC with no problem.
Is there anything else I should know ?
Presumably he can't claim for travel from home to the dental surgery - I am struggling to think of what he can claim for actually !!
I would be appreciative if someone who acts for any associate dentists could give me some guidance please.
I should probably add that he is Greek and only came to this country in October, but he has a National Insurance number, so I guess that is all OK ?
- BTC is slow 251 3
- Voluntary Disclosure 184 2
- Director registration for SA question 447 17
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 174 3
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 319 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 494 22
- valuation of vehicles 401 16
- Business only use of company car 690 26
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 507 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 318 4
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 951 29
- New Company reviews please 544 13
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 309 4
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 257 2
- VAT with Russia 224 2
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 234 4
- Money Laundering Manual 304 11
- cgt quoted shares losses 249 2
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,122 29
- directors loan 364 8
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 298
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 244
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 240
- Any thoughts on Capium? 230
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 218
- auto enrolment 188
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 177
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 157
- How to account for investment in JV? 150
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 148