Our local dentist has sold out to a big "chain" of dentists, and one of the new "associates" put in place by the large firm has approached me to act for him.
I can see that him being of self-employed status is accepted by HMRC with no problem.
Is there anything else I should know ?
Presumably he can't claim for travel from home to the dental surgery - I am struggling to think of what he can claim for actually !!
I would be appreciative if someone who acts for any associate dentists could give me some guidance please.
I should probably add that he is Greek and only came to this country in October, but he has a National Insurance number, so I guess that is all OK ?
- Capital Gain? 460 12
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 388 9
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 191 3
- Abolish the penalty regime 225 5
- thinking of starting up - AAT ACCA 62 3
- break even point 547 16
- How much to charge? 100 2
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 59 1
- Separating a business into retail and wholesale, with husband and wife as separate owner/managers. 109 4
- IHT Query 209 4
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 366 9
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 424 2
- BrightPay 682 22
- 3 Days Grace for late FPS's? 236 3
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 439 8
- Gift or Capital Gain? 375 11
- SDLT on leases 133 1
- Is practising Certificate needed 390 7
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 959 26
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 313 4
- Possible Partnership? 458
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 434
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 424
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 225
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 220
- Clubs and Taxable Income 214
- Income tax on foreign dividends 206
- New Fangled Penalties 202
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 202
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 175