Our local dentist has sold out to a big "chain" of dentists, and one of the new "associates" put in place by the large firm has approached me to act for him.
I can see that him being of self-employed status is accepted by HMRC with no problem.
Is there anything else I should know ?
Presumably he can't claim for travel from home to the dental surgery - I am struggling to think of what he can claim for actually !!
I would be appreciative if someone who acts for any associate dentists could give me some guidance please.
I should probably add that he is Greek and only came to this country in October, but he has a National Insurance number, so I guess that is all OK ?
- Personal allowance for a resident of both Belgium and UK? 206 13
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 613 18
- What is the role of an accountant? 1,261 22
- Expenses prior to Startup date for startup 71 1
- VAT registration for self employed dentist??? 537 19
- Warning of enforcement action - without any warnings 170 2
- How can customer service quality vary between the basic pension firms? 202 3
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 115 2
- business card address 1,022 11
- VAT on educational consultancy 77 1
- Which tax box 71 1
- Will this AIA be disallowed when asset transferred to Ltd Co 173 10
- Tax on private fuel for own car 92 1
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,601 8
- paragraph 2 schedule 36 finance act 2008 89 1
- would home tutoring ever have to come under PAYE? 151 5
- Supplier invoice addressed to a different company, how is this treated for VAT? 225 10
- Moneysoft payroll 311 17
- Sportman claiming for training kit 862 9
- Self Employed Hairdressers and VAT treatment 140 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,255
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 449
- National Insurance 347
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 269
- Non Resident 265
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 257
- Franchise income and costs 232
- Hands on experience of Digita 186
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 170
- Employer's Helpline 137