Our local dentist has sold out to a big "chain" of dentists, and one of the new "associates" put in place by the large firm has approached me to act for him.
I can see that him being of self-employed status is accepted by HMRC with no problem.
Is there anything else I should know ?
Presumably he can't claim for travel from home to the dental surgery - I am struggling to think of what he can claim for actually !!
I would be appreciative if someone who acts for any associate dentists could give me some guidance please.
I should probably add that he is Greek and only came to this country in October, but he has a National Insurance number, so I guess that is all OK ?
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,414 25
- Expenses Apps 255 5
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,678 25
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 537 10
- Errors in prior year accounts 863 23
- What is going on with VAT applications?? 1,991 39
- VAT & capitalising 146 3
- Final year's accounts 173 1
- Do I Need A Balance Sheet? 342 5
- Self Assessment Tax Return Penalties 316 5
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 320 7
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 276 15
- Have we a distribution when we reduced our capital but it hadn't been registered? & tax implications in winding up 158 2
- What are options for non CA firm 1,993 36
- Invoice Help 263 7
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 199 3
- Employee overpaid who has left 269 4
- Limited Company keeping receipts 253 3
- Sorry ignore me 927 24
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 608 5
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 626
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 534
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 298
- Cancelled 285
- Cancelled 246
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 195
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 192
- Probiz 180
- Married woman dies owning marital home 174
- What's the market like for temps? 168