Our local dentist has sold out to a big "chain" of dentists, and one of the new "associates" put in place by the large firm has approached me to act for him.
I can see that him being of self-employed status is accepted by HMRC with no problem.
Is there anything else I should know ?
Presumably he can't claim for travel from home to the dental surgery - I am struggling to think of what he can claim for actually !!
I would be appreciative if someone who acts for any associate dentists could give me some guidance please.
I should probably add that he is Greek and only came to this country in October, but he has a National Insurance number, so I guess that is all OK ?
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,085 34
- Flat rate vat 176 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 175 5
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 67 1
- Coming in from the cold 337 3
- Splitting the tax year 164 2
- P11d & Medical Ins 195 2
- Should design costs be capitalised? 169 4
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 153 2
- Submitting tax return 155 1
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 239 3
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 262 8
- Director's tax return 339 7
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 131 1
- Sage Payroll 318 11
- Payroo Employer allowance query 210 6
- vat return 267 3
- Value pricing 737 26
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 252 4
- Private residence relief with entrepreneur relief mix 296 4
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 805
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 557
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 426
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 306
- Free Tax Legislation? 274
- Director Loan account operation 256
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 252
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 248
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 232
- Paye procedures for CVA 170