Our local dentist has sold out to a big "chain" of dentists, and one of the new "associates" put in place by the large firm has approached me to act for him.
I can see that him being of self-employed status is accepted by HMRC with no problem.
Is there anything else I should know ?
Presumably he can't claim for travel from home to the dental surgery - I am struggling to think of what he can claim for actually !!
I would be appreciative if someone who acts for any associate dentists could give me some guidance please.
I should probably add that he is Greek and only came to this country in October, but he has a National Insurance number, so I guess that is all OK ?
- Multiple for fee bank purchase 271 6
- flat rate scheme 2,446 51
- Importing transactions from VT Cashbook to VT Transaction+ 59 1
- Family Partnership 352 10
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,268 24
- Moving to BTC from Sage Accounts Production 92 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 206 3
- Business lending another business money (UK) 332 9
- Manufacturer cashback on fixed asset purchase 118 1
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 349 7
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 229 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 210 6
- Business trips - director and family 442 3
- Signed accounts for bank 698 15
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 340 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 246 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 132 2
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 888 12
- Deferring dividends on paper 243 5
- VAT Query on new build 151 1
- Sainsbury's mangement 1,045
- Calling franchise accountants 894
- Consolidated accounting software (or cloud based) 590
- Sage One Reports - do they add up? 515
- Scammers 509
- Potential new client 458
- MERGER ACCA MEMBER WITH ICAEW FIRM 458
- HMRC online filing 409
- fraud 279
- Anyone offering Probate Services yet? 201