Associated company & VAT on transactions
Our company provides materials and services to an associated company (shared ownership.)
The values are invoiced monthly and any VAT paid over as output tax. Our company submits monthly returns and is in a repayment position - our outputs are zero rated.
However, the associate has not reclaimed the corresponding input VAT on any of its returns. It is proposing to do so at the end of this month.
The situation is now that the associate is to be acquired for a notional sum and become a group company.
The inter-company balance will not be repaid and will be written-off as part of the acquistion.
Can we reclaim the VAT on the unpaid invoices without any problem?
- Is Hold over relief available? 51 3
- can I claim a per diem 144 2
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 780 10
- Linux Accounting Software 522 11
- Dispensation pointless ? 450 11
- Underpaid taxes included in tax code connundrum 53 1
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,171 27
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 432 14
- Running Cost of Private Car more than 45p per mile?? 343 8
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 216 5
- Ltd co client preparing own self assessment tax returns 359 8
- Business Christmas Greetings 814 17
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 482 11
- SME Direct Debit 728 12
- Aweb Fantasy Practice 1,077 18
- Land Opt to Tax - VAT scope 166 6
- Is anyone a member of National Accountancy Network? 329 6
- r&d payable tax credits 77 1
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 471 3
- CIS gross status review 200 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 807
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 496
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 308
- How to format a stock book 275
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 223
- Tax efficient holding company structure 216
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 205
- Investment property company accounts template 200
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 178
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 173