Audit Registration - who keeps their registration when not doing statutory audit work?
Is it worth keeping Audit Registered when no longer carrying out statutory audit work?
We are a small ICAEW practice, and have renewed our Audit Registration, even though the last statutory audit work we did was completed and signed off at the beginning of 2011. We no longer have any statutory audit clients.
Is there any benefit in keeping the audit registration going?
When we did do statutory audit work, it consisted of one solicitor (SAR report), and one statutory audit. We had an external Hot File Review on all the SAR work, and an annual external Cold File Review on the statutory audit work. ICAEW had copies of the Hot File Reviews (and we were happy with this arrangement).
We did wonder about cancelling the Audit Registration at the end of 2011, but did nothing about it.
Now we've been sellected for a Practice Assurance Visit looking specifically at our audit procedures! The fact that everything has been externally reviewed, and that the work is history, has made no difference - the Assurance Visit has to proceed.
So the question is, do any other small practices keep their Audit Registration going, even though they aren't carrying out audit work?
If we cancelled it. would there be any other (non statutory audit) reports that we couldn't sign? We do reports for letting agents registered under ARLA, but as far as I'm aware we don't have to be Audit Regisetered to do this.
We don't want to cancel Audit Registrationand then find a report comes up that we can't deal with.
Thanks for any advice.
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 417 7
- Holiday entitlement 563 11
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 168 4
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 410 12
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 329 7
- Spousal transfer and PPR 532 17
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 308 7
- Capital allowances on taxis 116 1
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 296 8
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 126 2
- Where has Portia gone? 1,877 65
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 918 21
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 219 3
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 204 11
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 422 10
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 350 9
- Merging my businesses 179 2
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,742 73
- VAT on commercial property 181 3
- Rogue Accountant 3,074 49
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 787
- RTI - duplicate employee record 548
- Pensions Regulator 446
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 407
- Sage Vat return box 2 314
- Sanzar 310
- Portia ... Where art thou 295
- Digital marketing focus group 294
- How do you do it 286
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 266