Audit Registration - who keeps their registration when not doing statutory audit work?
Is it worth keeping Audit Registered when no longer carrying out statutory audit work?
We are a small ICAEW practice, and have renewed our Audit Registration, even though the last statutory audit work we did was completed and signed off at the beginning of 2011. We no longer have any statutory audit clients.
Is there any benefit in keeping the audit registration going?
When we did do statutory audit work, it consisted of one solicitor (SAR report), and one statutory audit. We had an external Hot File Review on all the SAR work, and an annual external Cold File Review on the statutory audit work. ICAEW had copies of the Hot File Reviews (and we were happy with this arrangement).
We did wonder about cancelling the Audit Registration at the end of 2011, but did nothing about it.
Now we've been sellected for a Practice Assurance Visit looking specifically at our audit procedures! The fact that everything has been externally reviewed, and that the work is history, has made no difference - the Assurance Visit has to proceed.
So the question is, do any other small practices keep their Audit Registration going, even though they aren't carrying out audit work?
If we cancelled it. would there be any other (non statutory audit) reports that we couldn't sign? We do reports for letting agents registered under ARLA, but as far as I'm aware we don't have to be Audit Regisetered to do this.
We don't want to cancel Audit Registrationand then find a report comes up that we can't deal with.
Thanks for any advice.
- How to use importing procedure for Transfers between the bank accounts 90 2
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 2,053 31
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 316 7
- SDLT exemptions/reliefs 43 1
- Flat Rate Scheme 196 11
- Giving a seminar 438 23
- Care to help a student out? 232 9
- Interest on Loan to a Company 225 1
- Residency 91 day rule 179 1
- New HMRC phone answering method ... 832 12
- Dazed & confused 1,289 9
- deleting customers on Sage 50 53 2
- Altered PAYE cheque 106 3
- Film Partnership Enquiries - am I just unlucky? 130 1
- Writing off bad debts 132 3
- PAYE coding notices 93 1
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 668 17
- Is there a time limit on VAT claims on DIY barn conversions? 129 2
- Contra entry in Sage Line 50 accounts professional 92 3
- Excel - protecting a cell 114 4
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,181
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 596
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 401
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 306
- Agent fees to sell business 185
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 183
- Alphabet shares 181
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 172
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 150
- EBT 148