Audit Registration - who keeps their registration when not doing statutory audit work?
Is it worth keeping Audit Registered when no longer carrying out statutory audit work?
We are a small ICAEW practice, and have renewed our Audit Registration, even though the last statutory audit work we did was completed and signed off at the beginning of 2011. We no longer have any statutory audit clients.
Is there any benefit in keeping the audit registration going?
When we did do statutory audit work, it consisted of one solicitor (SAR report), and one statutory audit. We had an external Hot File Review on all the SAR work, and an annual external Cold File Review on the statutory audit work. ICAEW had copies of the Hot File Reviews (and we were happy with this arrangement).
We did wonder about cancelling the Audit Registration at the end of 2011, but did nothing about it.
Now we've been sellected for a Practice Assurance Visit looking specifically at our audit procedures! The fact that everything has been externally reviewed, and that the work is history, has made no difference - the Assurance Visit has to proceed.
So the question is, do any other small practices keep their Audit Registration going, even though they aren't carrying out audit work?
If we cancelled it. would there be any other (non statutory audit) reports that we couldn't sign? We do reports for letting agents registered under ARLA, but as far as I'm aware we don't have to be Audit Regisetered to do this.
We don't want to cancel Audit Registrationand then find a report comes up that we can't deal with.
Thanks for any advice.
- Splitting the tax year 26 1
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 168 5
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 67 1
- FPS Submission 64 2
- VT accounts licence key 162 4
- PTP software disaster 142 1
- Wrong career 326 13
- Value pricing 620 20
- non resident receiving UK dividends 192 3
- P11d & Medical Ins 87 1
- vat return 198 1
- Underpaid National Insurance 144 3
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 53 1
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,942 31
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 142 3
- Director's tax return 117 2
- reporting salary? 237 5
- Other forums 192 3
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 364 17
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 158 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 780
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 533
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 400
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 285
- Free Tax Legislation? 234
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 230
- Director Loan account operation 223
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 221
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 213
- Paye procedures for CVA 153