Audit Registration - who keeps their registration when not doing statutory audit work?
Is it worth keeping Audit Registered when no longer carrying out statutory audit work?
We are a small ICAEW practice, and have renewed our Audit Registration, even though the last statutory audit work we did was completed and signed off at the beginning of 2011. We no longer have any statutory audit clients.
Is there any benefit in keeping the audit registration going?
When we did do statutory audit work, it consisted of one solicitor (SAR report), and one statutory audit. We had an external Hot File Review on all the SAR work, and an annual external Cold File Review on the statutory audit work. ICAEW had copies of the Hot File Reviews (and we were happy with this arrangement).
We did wonder about cancelling the Audit Registration at the end of 2011, but did nothing about it.
Now we've been sellected for a Practice Assurance Visit looking specifically at our audit procedures! The fact that everything has been externally reviewed, and that the work is history, has made no difference - the Assurance Visit has to proceed.
So the question is, do any other small practices keep their Audit Registration going, even though they aren't carrying out audit work?
If we cancelled it. would there be any other (non statutory audit) reports that we couldn't sign? We do reports for letting agents registered under ARLA, but as far as I'm aware we don't have to be Audit Regisetered to do this.
We don't want to cancel Audit Registrationand then find a report comes up that we can't deal with.
Thanks for any advice.
- Instant CPD offer 263 4
- Cash basis 484 13
- Income from rent charged to business 71 2
- payroll software 353 3
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 424 5
- Statutory sick pay 286 4
- Dividend in specie 357 9
- Complicated Company car purchase 212 2
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 169 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 140 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 267 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 291 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 158 3
- Fee base v staff ratio 362 6
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,850 27
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 327 3
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 245 2
- Gift in kind to charity by company: services 100 1
- Investor exit 194 3
- Partially exempt? 381 10
- Skandia using wrong address 565
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 305
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 302
- Employee rewards 286
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 243
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 223
- Etax Australian 184
- LLP in Construction Industry 149
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 129
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 129