Audit Registration - who keeps their registration when not doing statutory audit work?
Is it worth keeping Audit Registered when no longer carrying out statutory audit work?
We are a small ICAEW practice, and have renewed our Audit Registration, even though the last statutory audit work we did was completed and signed off at the beginning of 2011. We no longer have any statutory audit clients.
Is there any benefit in keeping the audit registration going?
When we did do statutory audit work, it consisted of one solicitor (SAR report), and one statutory audit. We had an external Hot File Review on all the SAR work, and an annual external Cold File Review on the statutory audit work. ICAEW had copies of the Hot File Reviews (and we were happy with this arrangement).
We did wonder about cancelling the Audit Registration at the end of 2011, but did nothing about it.
Now we've been sellected for a Practice Assurance Visit looking specifically at our audit procedures! The fact that everything has been externally reviewed, and that the work is history, has made no difference - the Assurance Visit has to proceed.
So the question is, do any other small practices keep their Audit Registration going, even though they aren't carrying out audit work?
If we cancelled it. would there be any other (non statutory audit) reports that we couldn't sign? We do reports for letting agents registered under ARLA, but as far as I'm aware we don't have to be Audit Regisetered to do this.
We don't want to cancel Audit Registrationand then find a report comes up that we can't deal with.
Thanks for any advice.
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,330 18
- Errors in prior year accounts 834 22
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 449 9
- What is going on with VAT applications?? 1,976 39
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,596 23
- VAT & capitalising 119 3
- Final year's accounts 145 1
- Do I Need A Balance Sheet? 265 5
- Self Assessment Tax Return Penalties 293 5
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 309 7
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 241 15
- Have we a distribution when we reduced our capital but it hadn't been registered? & tax implications in winding up 136 2
- What are options for non CA firm 1,974 36
- Invoice Help 247 7
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 179 3
- Employee overpaid who has left 250 4
- Limited Company keeping receipts 236 3
- Sorry ignore me 907 24
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 588 5
- Free Shares ? 251 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 625
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 534
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 294
- Cancelled 285
- Cancelled 245
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 193
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 191
- Probiz 178
- Married woman dies owning marital home 168
- What's the market like for temps? 166