Audit Registration - who keeps their registration when not doing statutory audit work?
Is it worth keeping Audit Registered when no longer carrying out statutory audit work?
We are a small ICAEW practice, and have renewed our Audit Registration, even though the last statutory audit work we did was completed and signed off at the beginning of 2011. We no longer have any statutory audit clients.
Is there any benefit in keeping the audit registration going?
When we did do statutory audit work, it consisted of one solicitor (SAR report), and one statutory audit. We had an external Hot File Review on all the SAR work, and an annual external Cold File Review on the statutory audit work. ICAEW had copies of the Hot File Reviews (and we were happy with this arrangement).
We did wonder about cancelling the Audit Registration at the end of 2011, but did nothing about it.
Now we've been sellected for a Practice Assurance Visit looking specifically at our audit procedures! The fact that everything has been externally reviewed, and that the work is history, has made no difference - the Assurance Visit has to proceed.
So the question is, do any other small practices keep their Audit Registration going, even though they aren't carrying out audit work?
If we cancelled it. would there be any other (non statutory audit) reports that we couldn't sign? We do reports for letting agents registered under ARLA, but as far as I'm aware we don't have to be Audit Regisetered to do this.
We don't want to cancel Audit Registrationand then find a report comes up that we can't deal with.
Thanks for any advice.
- Can interest received be netted against interest paid in this scenario? 130 2
- Film Actors - Averaging? 335 9
- Paying Harvest casuals and casual beaters 216 3
- FreeAgent question 114 2
- Retrospectively change VAT scheme? 142 2
- CIS monthly returns 192 2
- Goodie bag 1,562 52
- Husband Wife let property 354 9
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 504 12
- Output tax for retailer 319 8
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 289 3
- 13-14 Payroll return needs to be filed 142 2
- Payroll Software & Auto Enrolement 139 1
- CT600 Advice 147 1
- Fair Value Accounting 83 1
- Client incurring expenses on company car 163 4
- can I approach clients ? 420 8
- Companies House Penalties 157 2
- Apostille documents 123 2
- Budget 2015 predictions 552 13
- Possible Partnership? 645
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 521
- New Fangled Penalties 450
- Fuming! 384
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 319
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 260
- Outsource Data Entry 244
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 238
- Moving away from CCH software 231
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 178