Audit Registration - who keeps their registration when not doing statutory audit work?
Is it worth keeping Audit Registered when no longer carrying out statutory audit work?
We are a small ICAEW practice, and have renewed our Audit Registration, even though the last statutory audit work we did was completed and signed off at the beginning of 2011. We no longer have any statutory audit clients.
Is there any benefit in keeping the audit registration going?
When we did do statutory audit work, it consisted of one solicitor (SAR report), and one statutory audit. We had an external Hot File Review on all the SAR work, and an annual external Cold File Review on the statutory audit work. ICAEW had copies of the Hot File Reviews (and we were happy with this arrangement).
We did wonder about cancelling the Audit Registration at the end of 2011, but did nothing about it.
Now we've been sellected for a Practice Assurance Visit looking specifically at our audit procedures! The fact that everything has been externally reviewed, and that the work is history, has made no difference - the Assurance Visit has to proceed.
So the question is, do any other small practices keep their Audit Registration going, even though they aren't carrying out audit work?
If we cancelled it. would there be any other (non statutory audit) reports that we couldn't sign? We do reports for letting agents registered under ARLA, but as far as I'm aware we don't have to be Audit Regisetered to do this.
We don't want to cancel Audit Registrationand then find a report comes up that we can't deal with.
Thanks for any advice.
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 598 39
- Management Buy Out - shares exchanged 338 23
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,164 36
- Moving from Sage payroll to Iris Payroll 123 4
- Faxpay in the 21st century 79 4
- Why will HMRC not code out my client's £1,730 underpayment for 12/13 270 7
- Incorporation Fee - What's Non-deductible? 487 9
- Accounting for investment club gains 64 1
- Associations tax regime for Saturday school 688 7
- Income tax exemption on woodlands 167 5
- Is it just me 304 7
- LLP classification of division of profit 186 7
- I know this has been done to death but IRIS / DIGITA / CCH??? 497 9
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 132 5
- Is an IPDI passed to wife on death exempt from IHT 100 1
- Excessive Security 783 32
- Does practical cloud s/w for high transaction volumes exist? 509 24
- Reduce Rate VAT as a developer 125 2
- Fee protection 335 10
- Go Cardless 135 3
- Xtuple 486
- Qtac payroll for bureau 326
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 271
- Industrial & Provident Societies 266
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 210
- Mehjoo 209
- New strategic report 163
- Domain name sale and limited company 146
- South African Government Pension 144
- CIS schemes 139