Audit Registration - who keeps their registration when not doing statutory audit work?
Is it worth keeping Audit Registered when no longer carrying out statutory audit work?
We are a small ICAEW practice, and have renewed our Audit Registration, even though the last statutory audit work we did was completed and signed off at the beginning of 2011. We no longer have any statutory audit clients.
Is there any benefit in keeping the audit registration going?
When we did do statutory audit work, it consisted of one solicitor (SAR report), and one statutory audit. We had an external Hot File Review on all the SAR work, and an annual external Cold File Review on the statutory audit work. ICAEW had copies of the Hot File Reviews (and we were happy with this arrangement).
We did wonder about cancelling the Audit Registration at the end of 2011, but did nothing about it.
Now we've been sellected for a Practice Assurance Visit looking specifically at our audit procedures! The fact that everything has been externally reviewed, and that the work is history, has made no difference - the Assurance Visit has to proceed.
So the question is, do any other small practices keep their Audit Registration going, even though they aren't carrying out audit work?
If we cancelled it. would there be any other (non statutory audit) reports that we couldn't sign? We do reports for letting agents registered under ARLA, but as far as I'm aware we don't have to be Audit Regisetered to do this.
We don't want to cancel Audit Registrationand then find a report comes up that we can't deal with.
Thanks for any advice.
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 473 18
- Double tax treaty Italy and UK 95 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 1,102 7
- Bereavment payment 78 1
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 271 4
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 342 2
- CT600 Computations - Company Tax Return help 1,292 14
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 146 2
- Companies House incorporation service 347 12
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 74 1
- P35 and Service Company questions 147 3
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 192 6
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 203 1
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 262 7
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 142 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 151 3
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,598 12
- Share Capital 131 2
- Trading income or not? 197 1
- Charge HMRC 422 3
- Xtuple 548
- Qtac payroll for bureau 375
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 316
- Industrial & Provident Societies 313
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 291
- CIS schemes 221
- Domain name sale and limited company 205
- Investment 185
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 184
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 178