Audit Registration - who keeps their registration when not doing statutory audit work?
Is it worth keeping Audit Registered when no longer carrying out statutory audit work?
We are a small ICAEW practice, and have renewed our Audit Registration, even though the last statutory audit work we did was completed and signed off at the beginning of 2011. We no longer have any statutory audit clients.
Is there any benefit in keeping the audit registration going?
When we did do statutory audit work, it consisted of one solicitor (SAR report), and one statutory audit. We had an external Hot File Review on all the SAR work, and an annual external Cold File Review on the statutory audit work. ICAEW had copies of the Hot File Reviews (and we were happy with this arrangement).
We did wonder about cancelling the Audit Registration at the end of 2011, but did nothing about it.
Now we've been sellected for a Practice Assurance Visit looking specifically at our audit procedures! The fact that everything has been externally reviewed, and that the work is history, has made no difference - the Assurance Visit has to proceed.
So the question is, do any other small practices keep their Audit Registration going, even though they aren't carrying out audit work?
If we cancelled it. would there be any other (non statutory audit) reports that we couldn't sign? We do reports for letting agents registered under ARLA, but as far as I'm aware we don't have to be Audit Regisetered to do this.
We don't want to cancel Audit Registrationand then find a report comes up that we can't deal with.
Thanks for any advice.
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 341 10
- Property income in different capacities 183 4
- Is laminated flooring an improvement on carpets? 108 1
- Entrepreneurs Relief 827 46
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 205 5
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 375 8
- how to object to registered company name... 178 1
- Recharge for private use of a company car 474 14
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 368 5
- VAT QUESTION 298 3
- More AE! 687 15
- Charity Grant accounting 63 1
- Money Soft payroll 548 11
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 212 2
- Change of payroll software 423 10
- Director phone costs 285 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 364 8
- 2013-14 Tax Return-Transparent Benchmarks? 212 2
- VAT Tax Point - Overseas Purchase 151 4
- VAT surcharges and change of business entity 56 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,186
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 801
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 497
- Digita Hosted Software 325
- Credit where credit's due....... 284
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 230
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 167
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 145
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 132
- Sole trader CPD 131