Audit Registration - who keeps their registration when not doing statutory audit work?
Is it worth keeping Audit Registered when no longer carrying out statutory audit work?
We are a small ICAEW practice, and have renewed our Audit Registration, even though the last statutory audit work we did was completed and signed off at the beginning of 2011. We no longer have any statutory audit clients.
Is there any benefit in keeping the audit registration going?
When we did do statutory audit work, it consisted of one solicitor (SAR report), and one statutory audit. We had an external Hot File Review on all the SAR work, and an annual external Cold File Review on the statutory audit work. ICAEW had copies of the Hot File Reviews (and we were happy with this arrangement).
We did wonder about cancelling the Audit Registration at the end of 2011, but did nothing about it.
Now we've been sellected for a Practice Assurance Visit looking specifically at our audit procedures! The fact that everything has been externally reviewed, and that the work is history, has made no difference - the Assurance Visit has to proceed.
So the question is, do any other small practices keep their Audit Registration going, even though they aren't carrying out audit work?
If we cancelled it. would there be any other (non statutory audit) reports that we couldn't sign? We do reports for letting agents registered under ARLA, but as far as I'm aware we don't have to be Audit Regisetered to do this.
We don't want to cancel Audit Registrationand then find a report comes up that we can't deal with.
Thanks for any advice.
- New accountant 39 2
- are receipts needed? 161 5
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,898 65
- Tax case refeence request 53 1
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 767 28
- Sage Payroll with 'employees' not having tax or NI deducted 210 4
- Auto enrolment for one or two director companies 1,898 29
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 424 24
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 231 5
- Working out a daily rate 123 5
- Auto enrolment 1,219 13
- Payroll dates 113 5
- VAT reports on trade debtors and trade creditors 276 8
- Withholding of tax 87 1
- missing 940 20
- Self-employed b/f losses 158 3
- Santander Scrip Dividend Scheme 96 1
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 515 16
- sole trader - operating under cis 196 4
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 179 7
- Skandia using wrong address 1,574
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 871
- International interest certificate 481
- NOVA 338
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 251
- Management expenses for investment company 229
- Bonus Bonds 228
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 220
- Help with tax codes on Sage 172
- Capital reduction 163