Audit Registration - who keeps their registration when not doing statutory audit work?
Is it worth keeping Audit Registered when no longer carrying out statutory audit work?
We are a small ICAEW practice, and have renewed our Audit Registration, even though the last statutory audit work we did was completed and signed off at the beginning of 2011. We no longer have any statutory audit clients.
Is there any benefit in keeping the audit registration going?
When we did do statutory audit work, it consisted of one solicitor (SAR report), and one statutory audit. We had an external Hot File Review on all the SAR work, and an annual external Cold File Review on the statutory audit work. ICAEW had copies of the Hot File Reviews (and we were happy with this arrangement).
We did wonder about cancelling the Audit Registration at the end of 2011, but did nothing about it.
Now we've been sellected for a Practice Assurance Visit looking specifically at our audit procedures! The fact that everything has been externally reviewed, and that the work is history, has made no difference - the Assurance Visit has to proceed.
So the question is, do any other small practices keep their Audit Registration going, even though they aren't carrying out audit work?
If we cancelled it. would there be any other (non statutory audit) reports that we couldn't sign? We do reports for letting agents registered under ARLA, but as far as I'm aware we don't have to be Audit Regisetered to do this.
We don't want to cancel Audit Registrationand then find a report comes up that we can't deal with.
Thanks for any advice.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 484 5
- See you all on the other side 624 6
- 12Pay 345 2
- dividends 471 2
- R&D 267 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,130 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 409 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 347 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 293 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 509 5
- Seeking a tax case 580 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 439 4
- Companies house strike off 422 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 336 2
- Moving to the cloud 706 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 204 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 855 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 189 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,071 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 453 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 544
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 411
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 361
- IRIS and FRS 102 342
- Capitalising Finance Lease 307
- USA help 305
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 278
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 273
- Capital gains on rental property 251
- Sage Coretime 228