Audit Registration - who keeps their registration when not doing statutory audit work?
Is it worth keeping Audit Registered when no longer carrying out statutory audit work?
We are a small ICAEW practice, and have renewed our Audit Registration, even though the last statutory audit work we did was completed and signed off at the beginning of 2011. We no longer have any statutory audit clients.
Is there any benefit in keeping the audit registration going?
When we did do statutory audit work, it consisted of one solicitor (SAR report), and one statutory audit. We had an external Hot File Review on all the SAR work, and an annual external Cold File Review on the statutory audit work. ICAEW had copies of the Hot File Reviews (and we were happy with this arrangement).
We did wonder about cancelling the Audit Registration at the end of 2011, but did nothing about it.
Now we've been sellected for a Practice Assurance Visit looking specifically at our audit procedures! The fact that everything has been externally reviewed, and that the work is history, has made no difference - the Assurance Visit has to proceed.
So the question is, do any other small practices keep their Audit Registration going, even though they aren't carrying out audit work?
If we cancelled it. would there be any other (non statutory audit) reports that we couldn't sign? We do reports for letting agents registered under ARLA, but as far as I'm aware we don't have to be Audit Regisetered to do this.
We don't want to cancel Audit Registrationand then find a report comes up that we can't deal with.
Thanks for any advice.
- Is this fraud? 183 4
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 256 13
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,151 413
- Saying goodbye 270 7
- Flat rate scheme 109 2
- Has HMRC got powers to do this? 603 4
- Drop box Storage 142 2
- Furnished lettings criteria 70 1
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 401 5
- SAGE TRANSACTIONS DATA 88 2
- Pension Contributions Relief 355 11
- Recovering VAT on property purchase 88 1
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 200 2
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 287 15
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 298 1
- Sportman claiming for training kit 960 10
- Naming new company 154 4
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 781 33
- UK RESIDENT IN RECEIPT OF USA PENSION 156 2
- More stupid generic notices from HMRC on RTI 284 4
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,268
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 452
- National Insurance 351
- Non Resident 265
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 258
- Franchise income and costs 235
- Hands on experience of Digita 192
- Employer's Helpline 144
- employment capital allowances 133
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 130