Audit Registration - who keeps their registration when not doing statutory audit work?
Is it worth keeping Audit Registered when no longer carrying out statutory audit work?
We are a small ICAEW practice, and have renewed our Audit Registration, even though the last statutory audit work we did was completed and signed off at the beginning of 2011. We no longer have any statutory audit clients.
Is there any benefit in keeping the audit registration going?
When we did do statutory audit work, it consisted of one solicitor (SAR report), and one statutory audit. We had an external Hot File Review on all the SAR work, and an annual external Cold File Review on the statutory audit work. ICAEW had copies of the Hot File Reviews (and we were happy with this arrangement).
We did wonder about cancelling the Audit Registration at the end of 2011, but did nothing about it.
Now we've been sellected for a Practice Assurance Visit looking specifically at our audit procedures! The fact that everything has been externally reviewed, and that the work is history, has made no difference - the Assurance Visit has to proceed.
So the question is, do any other small practices keep their Audit Registration going, even though they aren't carrying out audit work?
If we cancelled it. would there be any other (non statutory audit) reports that we couldn't sign? We do reports for letting agents registered under ARLA, but as far as I'm aware we don't have to be Audit Regisetered to do this.
We don't want to cancel Audit Registrationand then find a report comes up that we can't deal with.
Thanks for any advice.
- Sole trader startup losses and PAYE income in same year 28 1
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 91 3
- Overtime etc for PT employees 59 1
- First Choice Final Accounts 205 1
- Invoice personally but declare in company? 353 8
- Anyone had this problem?? 523 15
- VAT flat rate scheme 295 5
- Complex VAT Group 304 6
- Pre-registration VAT: can you reclaim VATon delivery costs incurred in the six months prior to registration? 56 3
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 316 1
- Any Answers changes - feedback required 3,248 107
- Client's company struck off 301 7
- Sole Trader Cessation 82 1
- What rent was paid for income tax purposes? 237 2
- Reversal of Warranty Provision 112 4
- Does a building subcontractor charge VAT on his labour on a new-build? 198 5
- Penalty on dormant CT600 prior to trading 116 1
- Related party disclosures 289 4
- Stamp Duty Land Tax 150 2
- Do you charge fee or % for Successful appeal against HMRC penalties? 1,327 21
- QROP pension input amounts 467
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 408
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 405
- fraud 326
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 257
- Construction CIS LLP Company 240
- EPS and CIS deductions 239
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 188
- SAGE winforecast 165
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 160