Audit Registration - who keeps their registration when not doing statutory audit work?
Is it worth keeping Audit Registered when no longer carrying out statutory audit work?
We are a small ICAEW practice, and have renewed our Audit Registration, even though the last statutory audit work we did was completed and signed off at the beginning of 2011. We no longer have any statutory audit clients.
Is there any benefit in keeping the audit registration going?
When we did do statutory audit work, it consisted of one solicitor (SAR report), and one statutory audit. We had an external Hot File Review on all the SAR work, and an annual external Cold File Review on the statutory audit work. ICAEW had copies of the Hot File Reviews (and we were happy with this arrangement).
We did wonder about cancelling the Audit Registration at the end of 2011, but did nothing about it.
Now we've been sellected for a Practice Assurance Visit looking specifically at our audit procedures! The fact that everything has been externally reviewed, and that the work is history, has made no difference - the Assurance Visit has to proceed.
So the question is, do any other small practices keep their Audit Registration going, even though they aren't carrying out audit work?
If we cancelled it. would there be any other (non statutory audit) reports that we couldn't sign? We do reports for letting agents registered under ARLA, but as far as I'm aware we don't have to be Audit Regisetered to do this.
We don't want to cancel Audit Registrationand then find a report comes up that we can't deal with.
Thanks for any advice.
- Accountants' Error 720 15
- Corporation tax due date confusion 38 1
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 160 5
- ICPA taxwise fee protection 153 3
- Scoot 193 4
- Zero Rated VAT on New Building 158 2
- Tax code for Companies House fees 214 3
- G'day IPA-IFA 666 11
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,457 20
- VAT customer is registered in France, goods shipped to the UK 112 1
- Regaining my qualification 215 2
- Self-Assessment - NIC Exemption 240 2
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 245 2
- Auto enrolment 198 3
- Shareholder agreement 175 3
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 199 3
- Company Reorganisation 168 3
- Employee Loan 215 2
- IRIS - Personal Tax - 2013/14 - Page UKP2 470 15
- Statutory residence test - transit days 600 5
- Skandia using wrong address 1,455
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 773
- Any views 702
- HMRC Employers Diary 525
- International interest certificate 427
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 392
- Sale of business 357
- NOVA 261
- Advertising services? 259
- IRIS Open Books problem 252