Audit Registration - who keeps their registration when not doing statutory audit work?
Is it worth keeping Audit Registered when no longer carrying out statutory audit work?
We are a small ICAEW practice, and have renewed our Audit Registration, even though the last statutory audit work we did was completed and signed off at the beginning of 2011. We no longer have any statutory audit clients.
Is there any benefit in keeping the audit registration going?
When we did do statutory audit work, it consisted of one solicitor (SAR report), and one statutory audit. We had an external Hot File Review on all the SAR work, and an annual external Cold File Review on the statutory audit work. ICAEW had copies of the Hot File Reviews (and we were happy with this arrangement).
We did wonder about cancelling the Audit Registration at the end of 2011, but did nothing about it.
Now we've been sellected for a Practice Assurance Visit looking specifically at our audit procedures! The fact that everything has been externally reviewed, and that the work is history, has made no difference - the Assurance Visit has to proceed.
So the question is, do any other small practices keep their Audit Registration going, even though they aren't carrying out audit work?
If we cancelled it. would there be any other (non statutory audit) reports that we couldn't sign? We do reports for letting agents registered under ARLA, but as far as I'm aware we don't have to be Audit Regisetered to do this.
We don't want to cancel Audit Registrationand then find a report comes up that we can't deal with.
Thanks for any advice.
- Lack of VAT Receipt 92 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 305 6
- Benefit in Kind 276 6
- Help with CGT please 55 2
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 313 17
- Will I need to resign? 924 11
- Cocaine anyone? 656 11
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 251 4
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 139 4
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 186 3
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 176 2
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 840 11
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 543 19
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 707 13
- Personal pension 444 9
- Business rates consultancy 269 4
- Wrong tax code 180 6
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 104 2
- Am I getting Soft?? 320 10
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,065 31
- Hive up 514
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 475
- corporate hierarchy 453
- Advice - 297
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 242
- WWOOFers 238
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 220
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 196
- The booking.com con 180
- UK State pension paid in NZ 168