average monthly wage to wife
I have just taken on a sole trader who pays his wife for (genuinely) helping in the business. The total amount is above the LEL but below the PAYE threshold. The workload varies during the year and during several months she does a lot more work than at other times, though she does something every month.
Is it OK to pay her an averaged monthly wage rather than for the actual hours worked? She will have to pay NICs during some months if the latter.
I know in some jobs such as teaching the pay is averaged over the year despite school holidays etc.
Thanks for any advice.
- Mortgage Reference 117 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,849 40
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 131 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,171 45
- Practical experience 840 15
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 423 9
- Personal Tax 140 1
- VAT 305 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 187 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 145 1
- last minute request 247 3
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 77 1
- Cash gift from India 493 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 78 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 431 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 107 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 256 6
- Maternity and claining expenses 661 6
- Overseas workday relief 169 5
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 339 3