I have a company, it is currently working at 130% capacity utilising rented premises which in themselves incur added costs, costs such as lighting and heating (£600) and insurance (£300). There are other costs including a few variable linear costs but for brevity sake I'll leave them out. There is also a second company who is willing to act as an additional 20% of capacity.
I have to calculate the cost of the additional work to said secondary company via: absorption costing and marginal costing. (Its probably relevant that salary for anything over 100% is time and a third which equates to 75000)
So, do I simply (for marginal costing) add up all the costs that would be associated with working on the product in question? As there is no way to find out direct labour hours what do I do? Divide it by 10%? In the way of contribution sales the only figure I have is debtors and cash which totals out evenly at 60,000 - FOR LAST YEAR.
Do I add all said marginal costs and minus said figure from the contribution sales, but how do I allow for the 10% of capacity that the secondary company provides?
Or have I got this all wrong?
For absorption costing I'm almost totally lost. As I'm looking to find the direct materials cost for the additional 10% for another company to provide I'm assuming I use the formula of: Absorption rate= total cost centre overheads/cost centre direct material costs... WHAT?? Arent they the same thing?
I could probably use the direct labour costs one too which is: adsorption rate= total cost centre overheads/total cost centre direct labour costs.
Urghghg this has been driving me insane. Help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm sorry that there is so much this time rather than the previous simple question.
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 56 4
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there....accountants need to help other accountants out :) 339 15
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 556 17
- Invoice or journal for inter-company transactions 70 1
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 266 8
- Tax Return Deadlines 121 2
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 528 11
- Flat rate vat error 327 7
- EC VAT 212 9
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 529 13
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 288 14
- can I claim a per diem 267 5
- s.755 ITA 2007 Gains on transactions in land 137 2
- Who picks up the slack? 1,379 8
- VAT on part of a closed pub 247 14
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 107 1
- HMRC corporation tax software - how to enter negative expense 297 8
- Dispensation pointless ? 537 14
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 865 19
- Underpaid taxes included in tax code connundrum 167 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 839
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 508
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 319
- How to format a stock book 289
- Tax efficient holding company structure 229
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 229
- Investment property company accounts template 219
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 211
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 182
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 181