I have a company, it is currently working at 130% capacity utilising rented premises which in themselves incur added costs, costs such as lighting and heating (£600) and insurance (£300). There are other costs including a few variable linear costs but for brevity sake I'll leave them out. There is also a second company who is willing to act as an additional 20% of capacity.
I have to calculate the cost of the additional work to said secondary company via: absorption costing and marginal costing. (Its probably relevant that salary for anything over 100% is time and a third which equates to 75000)
So, do I simply (for marginal costing) add up all the costs that would be associated with working on the product in question? As there is no way to find out direct labour hours what do I do? Divide it by 10%? In the way of contribution sales the only figure I have is debtors and cash which totals out evenly at 60,000 - FOR LAST YEAR.
Do I add all said marginal costs and minus said figure from the contribution sales, but how do I allow for the 10% of capacity that the secondary company provides?
Or have I got this all wrong?
For absorption costing I'm almost totally lost. As I'm looking to find the direct materials cost for the additional 10% for another company to provide I'm assuming I use the formula of: Absorption rate= total cost centre overheads/cost centre direct material costs... WHAT?? Arent they the same thing?
I could probably use the direct labour costs one too which is: adsorption rate= total cost centre overheads/total cost centre direct labour costs.
Urghghg this has been driving me insane. Help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm sorry that there is so much this time rather than the previous simple question.
- Questions from Liquidator 2,212 24
- Drawing Down Directors Current account 1,485 9
- Directors liability insurance and scope 75 4
- backpack 106 2
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 75 2
- Really?! 377 5
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 534 11
- Dominant influence and intercompany loans 194 3
- VAT - Medical Staff 94 1
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 149 2
- VAT 701/49 query 138 1
- FCA regulated company in a small group 372 1
- Are you going to Xerocon? 1,129 27
- Legal Fees Allowable in dispute 359 7
- Is the CT61 return dead? 162 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 812 10
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,030 14
- HMRC site still hasn't updated for January SA filings 543 8
- SSP and Contractual Sick Pay Query 361 9
- Commercial Premises Purchase using Company Profits 498 13
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 698
- 2015 tax year end 429
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 408
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 339
- Costly Accounting Software contract 287
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 250
- Directors' advances and credits 239
- DTA tie-breaker issue 234
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 216
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 196