I have a company, it is currently working at 130% capacity utilising rented premises which in themselves incur added costs, costs such as lighting and heating (£600) and insurance (£300). There are other costs including a few variable linear costs but for brevity sake I'll leave them out. There is also a second company who is willing to act as an additional 20% of capacity.
I have to calculate the cost of the additional work to said secondary company via: absorption costing and marginal costing. (Its probably relevant that salary for anything over 100% is time and a third which equates to 75000)
So, do I simply (for marginal costing) add up all the costs that would be associated with working on the product in question? As there is no way to find out direct labour hours what do I do? Divide it by 10%? In the way of contribution sales the only figure I have is debtors and cash which totals out evenly at 60,000 - FOR LAST YEAR.
Do I add all said marginal costs and minus said figure from the contribution sales, but how do I allow for the 10% of capacity that the secondary company provides?
Or have I got this all wrong?
For absorption costing I'm almost totally lost. As I'm looking to find the direct materials cost for the additional 10% for another company to provide I'm assuming I use the formula of: Absorption rate= total cost centre overheads/cost centre direct material costs... WHAT?? Arent they the same thing?
I could probably use the direct labour costs one too which is: adsorption rate= total cost centre overheads/total cost centre direct labour costs.
Urghghg this has been driving me insane. Help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm sorry that there is so much this time rather than the previous simple question.
- Corporation Tax Software 370 11
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 650 18
- How to end partnership for HMRC 63 1
- Auto enrolment 103 1
- First year's sole trader accounts and 2014/2015 tax return 86 1
- Electric Vehicle company car battery rental - how is it taxed? 78 4
- Regular Director bonus 430 11
- Careers advice - is it worth moving from an SME to a corporate? 141 1
- Registration as self-employed 106 1
- BrightPay 1,086 35
- HMRC Summons for £14k 516 7
- SA REFUND; DEFRAUDED BY UNKNOWN PARTY 333 5
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 1,087 17
- Clients have been told I'm working from home 967 13
- BIK for an electric car 158 2
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,624 90
- How do I save face? 2,342 14
- Goodie bag 3,086 72
- US Pensions and Renunciation of Citizenship 115 1
- How many associated companies 194 2
- Possible Partnership? 685
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 533
- Fuming! 510
- New Fangled Penalties 466
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 332
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 273
- Moving away from CCH software 263
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 255
- Outsource Data Entry 253
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 206