I have a company, it is currently working at 130% capacity utilising rented premises which in themselves incur added costs, costs such as lighting and heating (£600) and insurance (£300). There are other costs including a few variable linear costs but for brevity sake I'll leave them out. There is also a second company who is willing to act as an additional 20% of capacity.
I have to calculate the cost of the additional work to said secondary company via: absorption costing and marginal costing. (Its probably relevant that salary for anything over 100% is time and a third which equates to 75000)
So, do I simply (for marginal costing) add up all the costs that would be associated with working on the product in question? As there is no way to find out direct labour hours what do I do? Divide it by 10%? In the way of contribution sales the only figure I have is debtors and cash which totals out evenly at 60,000 - FOR LAST YEAR.
Do I add all said marginal costs and minus said figure from the contribution sales, but how do I allow for the 10% of capacity that the secondary company provides?
Or have I got this all wrong?
For absorption costing I'm almost totally lost. As I'm looking to find the direct materials cost for the additional 10% for another company to provide I'm assuming I use the formula of: Absorption rate= total cost centre overheads/cost centre direct material costs... WHAT?? Arent they the same thing?
I could probably use the direct labour costs one too which is: adsorption rate= total cost centre overheads/total cost centre direct labour costs.
Urghghg this has been driving me insane. Help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm sorry that there is so much this time rather than the previous simple question.
- Wrong career 370 16
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 135 4
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 186 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 72 2
- Director's tax return 163 3
- Tricky VAT question 89 1
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 87 2
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 205 6
- VT accounts licence key 206 5
- Weely paid employees 190 2
- Splitting the tax year 63 1
- FPS Submission 112 2
- PTP software disaster 173 1
- Value pricing 628 20
- non resident receiving UK dividends 195 3
- P11d & Medical Ins 111 1
- vat return 210 1
- Underpaid National Insurance 160 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,963 31
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 160 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 783
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 536
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 406
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 288
- Free Tax Legislation? 242
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 232
- Director Loan account operation 228
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 221
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 218
- Paye procedures for CVA 155