I have a company, it is currently working at 130% capacity utilising rented premises which in themselves incur added costs, costs such as lighting and heating (£600) and insurance (£300). There are other costs including a few variable linear costs but for brevity sake I'll leave them out. There is also a second company who is willing to act as an additional 20% of capacity.
I have to calculate the cost of the additional work to said secondary company via: absorption costing and marginal costing. (Its probably relevant that salary for anything over 100% is time and a third which equates to 75000)
So, do I simply (for marginal costing) add up all the costs that would be associated with working on the product in question? As there is no way to find out direct labour hours what do I do? Divide it by 10%? In the way of contribution sales the only figure I have is debtors and cash which totals out evenly at 60,000 - FOR LAST YEAR.
Do I add all said marginal costs and minus said figure from the contribution sales, but how do I allow for the 10% of capacity that the secondary company provides?
Or have I got this all wrong?
For absorption costing I'm almost totally lost. As I'm looking to find the direct materials cost for the additional 10% for another company to provide I'm assuming I use the formula of: Absorption rate= total cost centre overheads/cost centre direct material costs... WHAT?? Arent they the same thing?
I could probably use the direct labour costs one too which is: adsorption rate= total cost centre overheads/total cost centre direct labour costs.
Urghghg this has been driving me insane. Help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm sorry that there is so much this time rather than the previous simple question.
- Travel costs and contractors 255 3
- vat help for catering concession 132 3
- Employee works in UK paid by Denmark and uses company car from another business 21 1
- RTI and Directors' salaries 136 2
- Is there capital gains tax for selling a church? 188 3
- Importers 103 1
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 267 4
- Tax free threshold on person receiving gifts 241 4
- dfgd fget 89 1
- More AE! 220 6
- New business - journal entries 607 27
- US Citizen but never resident in US 211 4
- LLP Tax Allocation Prior Year Amendment 60 1
- aia 118 1
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 444 10
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 454 16
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 244 5
- Form 17 Joint tenancy v tenants in common 260 7
- Merger of Two companies 563 20
- Merging 516 12
- Auto enrolment excuses 990
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 743
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 431
- Digita Hosted Software 248
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 247
- Social investment tax relief 243
- Call Centre Data Costs 227
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 182
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 147
- Petrol station franchise and VAT 137