I have a company, it is currently working at 130% capacity utilising rented premises which in themselves incur added costs, costs such as lighting and heating (£600) and insurance (£300). There are other costs including a few variable linear costs but for brevity sake I'll leave them out. There is also a second company who is willing to act as an additional 20% of capacity.
I have to calculate the cost of the additional work to said secondary company via: absorption costing and marginal costing. (Its probably relevant that salary for anything over 100% is time and a third which equates to 75000)
So, do I simply (for marginal costing) add up all the costs that would be associated with working on the product in question? As there is no way to find out direct labour hours what do I do? Divide it by 10%? In the way of contribution sales the only figure I have is debtors and cash which totals out evenly at 60,000 - FOR LAST YEAR.
Do I add all said marginal costs and minus said figure from the contribution sales, but how do I allow for the 10% of capacity that the secondary company provides?
Or have I got this all wrong?
For absorption costing I'm almost totally lost. As I'm looking to find the direct materials cost for the additional 10% for another company to provide I'm assuming I use the formula of: Absorption rate= total cost centre overheads/cost centre direct material costs... WHAT?? Arent they the same thing?
I could probably use the direct labour costs one too which is: adsorption rate= total cost centre overheads/total cost centre direct labour costs.
Urghghg this has been driving me insane. Help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm sorry that there is so much this time rather than the previous simple question.
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,486 49
- What would you do in this situation? 288 7
- Capital allowances anti-avoidance 408 14
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,700 76
- Providing registered office address to clients 190 4
- Foster Care 108 1
- Share premium or Directors Loan 789 33
- TOMS - Travel Agents 40 1
- Insurance Claim & VAT 57 1
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 270 5
- Rollover relief - when does gain crystallise in this situation? 134 2
- HMRC Money Laundering Visit 573 3
- Dividend Payments 500 12
- Employed clients and expenses 894 18
- More HMRC on gov.uk 672 12
- Payroll experience for beginning AAT student 169 3
- Interest on HMRC contract settlement 204 4
- Enquiry into tax return - how co-operative would you be? 448 8
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 489 12
- VAT reconciliation and VAT return on Sage 153 3
- Bonus Bonds 397
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 391
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 302
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 264
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 199
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 194
- Company Car Lease 172
- Finance Lease 162
- Form 42 154
- Demerger Reserve 136