I have a company, it is currently working at 130% capacity utilising rented premises which in themselves incur added costs, costs such as lighting and heating (£600) and insurance (£300). There are other costs including a few variable linear costs but for brevity sake I'll leave them out. There is also a second company who is willing to act as an additional 20% of capacity.
I have to calculate the cost of the additional work to said secondary company via: absorption costing and marginal costing. (Its probably relevant that salary for anything over 100% is time and a third which equates to 75000)
So, do I simply (for marginal costing) add up all the costs that would be associated with working on the product in question? As there is no way to find out direct labour hours what do I do? Divide it by 10%? In the way of contribution sales the only figure I have is debtors and cash which totals out evenly at 60,000 - FOR LAST YEAR.
Do I add all said marginal costs and minus said figure from the contribution sales, but how do I allow for the 10% of capacity that the secondary company provides?
Or have I got this all wrong?
For absorption costing I'm almost totally lost. As I'm looking to find the direct materials cost for the additional 10% for another company to provide I'm assuming I use the formula of: Absorption rate= total cost centre overheads/cost centre direct material costs... WHAT?? Arent they the same thing?
I could probably use the direct labour costs one too which is: adsorption rate= total cost centre overheads/total cost centre direct labour costs.
Urghghg this has been driving me insane. Help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm sorry that there is so much this time rather than the previous simple question.
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 600 22
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 857 36
- Self Assessment and P11D 46 1
- TRONC scheme 98 1
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 103 3
- Two weeks grace on self assessment where repayment is due? 105 1
- Investment from Friend 133 8
- Advice on letting a client go ? 678 13
- Capital Gains Relief 143 5
- client can't/won't pay 1,598 29
- Identity check problem 1,243 13
- A Director of a Ltd Company let a general Manager run the company, and if anything goes wrong the general manager is responsible? 181 3
- Business Set up cost 103 1
- Aged Debtor 81 1
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 962 34
- Loss carry back in Taxfiler 98 3
- blank - ignore 499 8
- Part disposal of shareholding with CGT loss attached 87 2
- calculate mortgage interest 363 5
- Do we have to register for VAT? 457 9
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 876
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 573
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 541
- Latest phishing scam 472
- Entrepreneurs' relief 416
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 342
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 320
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 242
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 235
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 165