I have a company, it is currently working at 130% capacity utilising rented premises which in themselves incur added costs, costs such as lighting and heating (£600) and insurance (£300). There are other costs including a few variable linear costs but for brevity sake I'll leave them out. There is also a second company who is willing to act as an additional 20% of capacity.
I have to calculate the cost of the additional work to said secondary company via: absorption costing and marginal costing. (Its probably relevant that salary for anything over 100% is time and a third which equates to 75000)
So, do I simply (for marginal costing) add up all the costs that would be associated with working on the product in question? As there is no way to find out direct labour hours what do I do? Divide it by 10%? In the way of contribution sales the only figure I have is debtors and cash which totals out evenly at 60,000 - FOR LAST YEAR.
Do I add all said marginal costs and minus said figure from the contribution sales, but how do I allow for the 10% of capacity that the secondary company provides?
Or have I got this all wrong?
For absorption costing I'm almost totally lost. As I'm looking to find the direct materials cost for the additional 10% for another company to provide I'm assuming I use the formula of: Absorption rate= total cost centre overheads/cost centre direct material costs... WHAT?? Arent they the same thing?
I could probably use the direct labour costs one too which is: adsorption rate= total cost centre overheads/total cost centre direct labour costs.
Urghghg this has been driving me insane. Help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm sorry that there is so much this time rather than the previous simple question.
- What are other accountants having for lunch? 42 1
- Stock of photos to capatilise 204 9
- Rogue Accountant 3,373 53
- Practice management software 1,074 20
- Assigning loan from Company to adult children 35 1
- micro entity balance sheet query 73 3
- Where has Portia gone? 3,239 88
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 327 19
- Inheritance Tax - Gifts UK 148 1
- VAT on a private sale? 136 5
- RTI Payroll ID 560 17
- Overseas business trip - accompanied by family 218 3
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 1,219 24
- Payroll software 173 7
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 63 1
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 595 19
- Trade Association Dinner 147 1
- RTI - duplicate employee record 593 1
- Share buyback, possible embezzlement 168 4
- Change if career direction from industry to practice 194 2
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 810
- Pensions Regulator 459
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 420
- Sanzar 323
- How do you do it 313
- Digital marketing focus group 305
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 278
- new investor structure 187
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 179
- Fit for purpose 178