I have a company, it is currently working at 130% capacity utilising rented premises which in themselves incur added costs, costs such as lighting and heating (£600) and insurance (£300). There are other costs including a few variable linear costs but for brevity sake I'll leave them out. There is also a second company who is willing to act as an additional 20% of capacity.
I have to calculate the cost of the additional work to said secondary company via: absorption costing and marginal costing. (Its probably relevant that salary for anything over 100% is time and a third which equates to 75000)
So, do I simply (for marginal costing) add up all the costs that would be associated with working on the product in question? As there is no way to find out direct labour hours what do I do? Divide it by 10%? In the way of contribution sales the only figure I have is debtors and cash which totals out evenly at 60,000 - FOR LAST YEAR.
Do I add all said marginal costs and minus said figure from the contribution sales, but how do I allow for the 10% of capacity that the secondary company provides?
Or have I got this all wrong?
For absorption costing I'm almost totally lost. As I'm looking to find the direct materials cost for the additional 10% for another company to provide I'm assuming I use the formula of: Absorption rate= total cost centre overheads/cost centre direct material costs... WHAT?? Arent they the same thing?
I could probably use the direct labour costs one too which is: adsorption rate= total cost centre overheads/total cost centre direct labour costs.
Urghghg this has been driving me insane. Help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm sorry that there is so much this time rather than the previous simple question.
- Mutual trading organisation has chargeable gain 68 1
- Redudancy 18 1
- Child Tax Credits - date of cessation of qualifying young person 32 1
- Redundancy pay for directors? 451 13
- VAT - Recharge 69 2
- Should Spanish VAT apply ? 342 4
- transitioning payroll 160 4
- Legal title not in the company name 179 9
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,567 59
- Should VAT be charged when land is transferred as part of a TOGC 152 3
- Deduction from Salary 206 5
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,744 30
- Car financed by employee 189 2
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 128 1
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 624 16
- PPR CGT section 222 builds an extension 159 3
- Dividend payment date 2,194 37
- VAT online filing exemptions 171 2
- Employed (by own company) and Self Employed - Tax Efficiency 184 2
- One off meeting new client 1,436 13
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 621
- Cancelled 360
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 342
- Cancelled 305
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 278
- Probiz 268
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 225
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 224
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 199
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 169