I have a company, it is currently working at 130% capacity utilising rented premises which in themselves incur added costs, costs such as lighting and heating (£600) and insurance (£300). There are other costs including a few variable linear costs but for brevity sake I'll leave them out. There is also a second company who is willing to act as an additional 20% of capacity.
I have to calculate the cost of the additional work to said secondary company via: absorption costing and marginal costing. (Its probably relevant that salary for anything over 100% is time and a third which equates to 75000)
So, do I simply (for marginal costing) add up all the costs that would be associated with working on the product in question? As there is no way to find out direct labour hours what do I do? Divide it by 10%? In the way of contribution sales the only figure I have is debtors and cash which totals out evenly at 60,000 - FOR LAST YEAR.
Do I add all said marginal costs and minus said figure from the contribution sales, but how do I allow for the 10% of capacity that the secondary company provides?
Or have I got this all wrong?
For absorption costing I'm almost totally lost. As I'm looking to find the direct materials cost for the additional 10% for another company to provide I'm assuming I use the formula of: Absorption rate= total cost centre overheads/cost centre direct material costs... WHAT?? Arent they the same thing?
I could probably use the direct labour costs one too which is: adsorption rate= total cost centre overheads/total cost centre direct labour costs.
Urghghg this has been driving me insane. Help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm sorry that there is so much this time rather than the previous simple question.
- Recommendations for online payroll software 170 1
- . 138 1
- Accountant Specialization. 240 2
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 201 4
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 151 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 155 6
- Claiming VAT on car lease 429 27
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 72 1
- Returning papers to ex-clients 585 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 672 5
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 111 2
- Freelance/Employee 626 15
- Agent Authorisation Issue 172 2
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 319 6
- Is it just me ... 262 5
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 279 4
- CIS registration when already registered for PAYE 111 4
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 337 10
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 217 1
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,516 18
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 745
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 405
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 352
- Electric Car 288
- S222 Charge 237
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 185
- IP trans to holding company 182
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 170
- AIA 164
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 160