Backdated voluntary VAT registration and final accounts
I note it is possible to backdate a voluntary VAT registration for up to 4 years.
Could someone help me by setting out the basic principles for the following situation.
Given that accounts for a non-VAT reg business are prepared in a different way - for example, purchases would go into P&L a/c inclusive of VAT; capital expenditure would begin its life at its VAT inclusive cost ...
If the business has been ticking over for one or two years and is subsequently VAT registered, backdated to include these earlier years, what are the implications for stock valuations, fixed asset valuations in the current years accounts?
Do the previous years accounts have to be amended, or can it all be dealt with in the current years accounts?
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 79 2
- Gift Aid declaration via SMS 97 1
- Flat rate category 200 2
- At what point is the sales? 113 2
- Accountant let me down 699 8
- UK resident director of a non resident company 117 1
- 2020 Annual Conference 189 4
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 1,247 27
- VAT admin query 148 1
- Professional Clearance 1,247 30
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 1,496 14
- Past rental expenses 343 6
- Let Property Campaign - Joint Owner Died 149 3
- Are there any auto-enrolment engagement letter templates? 1,489 35
- Client right to working papers 1,446 10
- Growth Street 202 2
- Client has two UTRS, How do you get HMRC to correct this? 276 9
- Microsoft One Drive 636 23
- SA302's - What's the deal? 520 8
- Online Back Up 299 7
- NHS finance professionals 635
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 401
- Foreign Pension Contribution 369
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 346
- vat gross profit percentage margins 344
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 322
- Quickbooks online filing of VAT 302
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 291
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 251
- IFA income recognition & reporting 209