Backdated voluntary VAT registration and final accounts
I note it is possible to backdate a voluntary VAT registration for up to 4 years.
Could someone help me by setting out the basic principles for the following situation.
Given that accounts for a non-VAT reg business are prepared in a different way - for example, purchases would go into P&L a/c inclusive of VAT; capital expenditure would begin its life at its VAT inclusive cost ...
If the business has been ticking over for one or two years and is subsequently VAT registered, backdated to include these earlier years, what are the implications for stock valuations, fixed asset valuations in the current years accounts?
Do the previous years accounts have to be amended, or can it all be dealt with in the current years accounts?
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 374 9
- Marketing and email surprises 439 9
- The stupidity continues 1,206 64
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 751 26
- What is IRIS World like? 403 10
- Bank request To verify Accounts 118 1
- transactions after account have been closed 293 9
- How to claim subsistence for working away from home 106 1
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 309 5
- Mlom bollocks 208 4
- VT Transactions Stock Issues 89 2
- Non-Europe based but want to do UK taxes 158 1
- AML report needed? 95 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 575 11
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 286 6
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 273 6
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 161 1
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,368 25
- New Employers Helpline 226 4
- Software recommendations 291 1
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 443
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 441
- WIP Software 306
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 291
- No payroll scheme in place 239
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 234
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 214
- Is there anything wrong with this? 209
- Small Part Disposal of Property 195
- Uncommercial property business 186