Backdated voluntary VAT registration and final accounts
I note it is possible to backdate a voluntary VAT registration for up to 4 years.
Could someone help me by setting out the basic principles for the following situation.
Given that accounts for a non-VAT reg business are prepared in a different way - for example, purchases would go into P&L a/c inclusive of VAT; capital expenditure would begin its life at its VAT inclusive cost ...
If the business has been ticking over for one or two years and is subsequently VAT registered, backdated to include these earlier years, what are the implications for stock valuations, fixed asset valuations in the current years accounts?
Do the previous years accounts have to be amended, or can it all be dealt with in the current years accounts?
- Auto enrolment 160 2
- starting a ltd company with intangible assets 108 3
- Registration as self-employed 160 2
- Clients have been told I'm working from home 1,053 15
- Corporation Tax Software 407 12
- VAT on commision and connected persons 90 1
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 675 18
- How to end partnership for HMRC 105 1
- First year's sole trader accounts and 2014/2015 tax return 161 1
- Electric Vehicle company car battery rental - how is it taxed? 114 4
- Regular Director bonus 454 11
- Careers advice - is it worth moving from an SME to a corporate? 153 1
- BrightPay 1,099 35
- HMRC Summons for £14k 545 7
- SA REFUND; DEFRAUDED BY UNKNOWN PARTY 371 5
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 1,126 17
- BIK for an electric car 172 2
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,642 90
- How do I save face? 2,411 14
- Goodie bag 3,127 72
- Possible Partnership? 698
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 539
- Fuming! 521
- New Fangled Penalties 468
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 337
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 278
- Moving away from CCH software 268
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 259
- Outsource Data Entry 259
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 208