Backdated voluntary VAT registration and final accounts
I note it is possible to backdate a voluntary VAT registration for up to 4 years.
Could someone help me by setting out the basic principles for the following situation.
Given that accounts for a non-VAT reg business are prepared in a different way - for example, purchases would go into P&L a/c inclusive of VAT; capital expenditure would begin its life at its VAT inclusive cost ...
If the business has been ticking over for one or two years and is subsequently VAT registered, backdated to include these earlier years, what are the implications for stock valuations, fixed asset valuations in the current years accounts?
Do the previous years accounts have to be amended, or can it all be dealt with in the current years accounts?
- Investment from Friend 160 9
- Self Assessment and P11D 99 4
- Director remuneration £1000 only in year. paye registration required? 328 4
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 621 23
- Company dividends 541 15
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 156 5
- Directors Salary and Self Assessment (PAYE) 63 1
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 899 38
- Tax Penalty overreaction 2,150 15
- Two weeks grace on self assessment where repayment is due? 146 2
- TRONC scheme 102 1
- Advice on letting a client go ? 699 13
- Capital Gains Relief 152 5
- client can't/won't pay 1,606 29
- Identity check problem 1,261 13
- A Director of a Ltd Company let a general Manager run the company, and if anything goes wrong the general manager is responsible? 202 3
- Business Set up cost 109 1
- Aged Debtor 89 1
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 969 34
- Loss carry back in Taxfiler 107 3
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 876
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 575
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 541
- Latest phishing scam 474
- Entrepreneurs' relief 423
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 344
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 320
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 243
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 241
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 166