Backdated voluntary VAT registration and final accounts
I note it is possible to backdate a voluntary VAT registration for up to 4 years.
Could someone help me by setting out the basic principles for the following situation.
Given that accounts for a non-VAT reg business are prepared in a different way - for example, purchases would go into P&L a/c inclusive of VAT; capital expenditure would begin its life at its VAT inclusive cost ...
If the business has been ticking over for one or two years and is subsequently VAT registered, backdated to include these earlier years, what are the implications for stock valuations, fixed asset valuations in the current years accounts?
Do the previous years accounts have to be amended, or can it all be dealt with in the current years accounts?
- Company formation and bank account 210 7
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 636 8
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,521 44
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 498 9
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 391 8
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 182 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 390 8
- OneNote is fantastic 471 11
- VAT Direct Debit 353 7
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 436 8
- Self Assessment Software 682 21
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 434 13
- Self-assessment statistics 2,349 55
- Director started half way through the year no previous income. Pro rate NI 247 11
- Owning overseas property 236 1
- Fees to charge for Auto enrolment Pension for small Employers 345 3
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 281 1
- Expedia say that they can't give me a VAT invoice 690 13
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,148 21
- PPR on a development? 241 4
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 651
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 400
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 400
- Property letting & CAs 388
- 2015 tax year end 382
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 381
- FCA regulated company in a small group 339
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 265
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 236
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 230