Backdated voluntary VAT registration and final accounts
I note it is possible to backdate a voluntary VAT registration for up to 4 years.
Could someone help me by setting out the basic principles for the following situation.
Given that accounts for a non-VAT reg business are prepared in a different way - for example, purchases would go into P&L a/c inclusive of VAT; capital expenditure would begin its life at its VAT inclusive cost ...
If the business has been ticking over for one or two years and is subsequently VAT registered, backdated to include these earlier years, what are the implications for stock valuations, fixed asset valuations in the current years accounts?
Do the previous years accounts have to be amended, or can it all be dealt with in the current years accounts?
- From Ireland. Self-Employed or Foreign Income? 144 5
- Cable’s crackdown on bonuses – empty words? 27 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 1,179 11
- PPR qualifying period while living in employer accommodation? 61 1
- HMRC Dispensation - How long does it last for? 105 2
- LLP members share of profits 447 26
- Help car benefit 144 4
- Late P800 demand shows later year? 130 2
- VAT Option to tax 290 3
- SDLT implications on an informal lease 99 2
- Current tax asset 200 3
- Partnership tax rules 93 2
- Accountancy software for an imac 223 5
- Audit Required 1,064 21
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 372 1
- Total cost of employment 195 1
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 450 15
- Selling assets to yourself ? 90 1
- UIT4 REVENUE REC FRSSE 76 1
- Director's remuneration accrual 97 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 887
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 621
- Free Tax Legislation? 377
- Director Loan account operation 371
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 321
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 305
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 292
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 274
- Paye procedures for CVA 208
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 192