Backdated voluntary VAT registration and final accounts
I note it is possible to backdate a voluntary VAT registration for up to 4 years.
Could someone help me by setting out the basic principles for the following situation.
Given that accounts for a non-VAT reg business are prepared in a different way - for example, purchases would go into P&L a/c inclusive of VAT; capital expenditure would begin its life at its VAT inclusive cost ...
If the business has been ticking over for one or two years and is subsequently VAT registered, backdated to include these earlier years, what are the implications for stock valuations, fixed asset valuations in the current years accounts?
Do the previous years accounts have to be amended, or can it all be dealt with in the current years accounts?
- SATR - ommission of capital gains 73 1
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,261 19
- Scanners 169 4
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 84 1
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 158 5
- Solar panels - VAT and Capital allowances 232 3
- Recharge for private use of a company car 402 9
- Payment plans for clients 122 2
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 227 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 243 7
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 390 2
- Should I move back home away from my office? 447 9
- P60 or payslips? 95 1
- Property income in different capacities 107 1
- IHT dilemma 1,382 21
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 191 1
- IT advisory questions? 179 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 795 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 146 1
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 528 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,160
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 798
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 488
- Digita Hosted Software 320
- Credit where credit's due....... 272
- Director phone costs 236
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 226
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 201
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 155
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 138