Backdated voluntary VAT registration and final accounts
I note it is possible to backdate a voluntary VAT registration for up to 4 years.
Could someone help me by setting out the basic principles for the following situation.
Given that accounts for a non-VAT reg business are prepared in a different way - for example, purchases would go into P&L a/c inclusive of VAT; capital expenditure would begin its life at its VAT inclusive cost ...
If the business has been ticking over for one or two years and is subsequently VAT registered, backdated to include these earlier years, what are the implications for stock valuations, fixed asset valuations in the current years accounts?
Do the previous years accounts have to be amended, or can it all be dealt with in the current years accounts?
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 276 14
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 655 12
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 60 2
- Personal pension 430 9
- Business rates consultancy 255 4
- Wrong tax code 143 6
- Benefit in Kind 233 5
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 66 2
- Am I getting Soft?? 242 10
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,050 31
- Deferred Tax 460 8
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 202 1
- You know its over 477 6
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 241 1
- Foreign pension tax credit relief 141 1
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 223 3
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,268 14
- Cocaine anyone? 615 10
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 143 2
- Dutch and Germany VAT 178 3
- Hive up 508
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 473
- corporate hierarchy 450
- Advice - 290
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 235
- WWOOFers 229
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 215
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 191
- The booking.com con 167
- UK State pension paid in NZ 162