Balance Sheet Adjustment
Just going through a Ltd Co set of of accounts and have come across the following problem.
Co A's (development Co) BS show a property @ 88k and a mortgage of 65k.
All the relevant documents show that the property and mortgage do not belong to Co A, but Co B (construction Co).
Of information obtained from the Director, it appears that when the original purchase was made, Co A was the intended owner but funding would only be granted if taken in the name of Co B.
To remove it from the BS would leave Co B as a debtor for 23k. This 23k increase is due to payments made to Co B for renovation etc on the rental property.
No interest charges or rental income had been processed through Co B?
Director was involved with Co B, however this Co went into liquidation several years ago and the IP's were not interested in selling the property due to negative equity.
So do I just leave it as a long term Debtor and thus correct the property side of the BS?
It would be handy to write the debt off, but I can not see that being a possible.
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 374 17
- Revaluation of investment proeprty 68 1
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 773 7
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,469 31
- Is this fraud? 319 5
- Saying goodbye 435 13
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 825 36
- Tax on private fuel for own car 200 5
- Sportman claiming for training kit 995 11
- Flat rate scheme 184 3
- Drop box Storage 201 3
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 275 13
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,192 413
- Has HMRC got powers to do this? 621 4
- Furnished lettings criteria 153 1
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 417 5
- SAGE TRANSACTIONS DATA 152 2
- Pension Contributions Relief 369 11
- Recovering VAT on property purchase 126 1
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 204 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,271
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 455
- National Insurance 352
- Non Resident 267
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 261
- Franchise income and costs 240
- Hands on experience of Digita 198
- Employer's Helpline 146
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 140
- employment capital allowances 137