Balance Sheet Adjustment
Just going through a Ltd Co set of of accounts and have come across the following problem.
Co A's (development Co) BS show a property @ 88k and a mortgage of 65k.
All the relevant documents show that the property and mortgage do not belong to Co A, but Co B (construction Co).
Of information obtained from the Director, it appears that when the original purchase was made, Co A was the intended owner but funding would only be granted if taken in the name of Co B.
To remove it from the BS would leave Co B as a debtor for 23k. This 23k increase is due to payments made to Co B for renovation etc on the rental property.
No interest charges or rental income had been processed through Co B?
Director was involved with Co B, however this Co went into liquidation several years ago and the IP's were not interested in selling the property due to negative equity.
So do I just leave it as a long term Debtor and thus correct the property side of the BS?
It would be handy to write the debt off, but I can not see that being a possible.
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 307 11
- Starting up in practice - safety net 111 3
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 194 4
- Rental property company 100 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 279 7
- Payroo Employer allowance query 250 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 379 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 144 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 187 2
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 313 5
- Comapny valuation qualifications 143 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 482 5
- Director's tax return 395 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 180 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,129 34
- Flat rate vat 231 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 193 5
- Coming in from the cold 386 3
- Splitting the tax year 188 2
- P11d & Medical Ins 224 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 816
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 566
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 434
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 313
- Free Tax Legislation? 289
- Director Loan account operation 269
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 256
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 254
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 234
- Paye procedures for CVA 174