Balance Sheet Adjustment
Just going through a Ltd Co set of of accounts and have come across the following problem.
Co A's (development Co) BS show a property @ 88k and a mortgage of 65k.
All the relevant documents show that the property and mortgage do not belong to Co A, but Co B (construction Co).
Of information obtained from the Director, it appears that when the original purchase was made, Co A was the intended owner but funding would only be granted if taken in the name of Co B.
To remove it from the BS would leave Co B as a debtor for 23k. This 23k increase is due to payments made to Co B for renovation etc on the rental property.
No interest charges or rental income had been processed through Co B?
Director was involved with Co B, however this Co went into liquidation several years ago and the IP's were not interested in selling the property due to negative equity.
So do I just leave it as a long term Debtor and thus correct the property side of the BS?
It would be handy to write the debt off, but I can not see that being a possible.
- Not renewing AAT 593 8
- Self-assessment statistics 2,389 56
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,683 51
- New dividend taxation 297 2
- Co purchase printed materials from EU - VAT 88 1
- Company car v company allowance 198 1
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 422 9
- Company formation and bank account 348 9
- Next Move 623 18
- Owning overseas property 292 2
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 278 1
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 205 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 678 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 624 9
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 232 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 407 8
- OneNote is fantastic 558 11
- VAT Direct Debit 380 7
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 468 8
- Self Assessment Software 701 21
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 663
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 405
- Property letting & CAs 395
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 390
- 2015 tax year end 388
- FCA regulated company in a small group 344
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 304
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 237
- DTA tie-breaker issue 206
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 203