Balance Sheet Adjustment
Just going through a Ltd Co set of of accounts and have come across the following problem.
Co A's (development Co) BS show a property @ 88k and a mortgage of 65k.
All the relevant documents show that the property and mortgage do not belong to Co A, but Co B (construction Co).
Of information obtained from the Director, it appears that when the original purchase was made, Co A was the intended owner but funding would only be granted if taken in the name of Co B.
To remove it from the BS would leave Co B as a debtor for 23k. This 23k increase is due to payments made to Co B for renovation etc on the rental property.
No interest charges or rental income had been processed through Co B?
Director was involved with Co B, however this Co went into liquidation several years ago and the IP's were not interested in selling the property due to negative equity.
So do I just leave it as a long term Debtor and thus correct the property side of the BS?
It would be handy to write the debt off, but I can not see that being a possible.
- VAT flat rate scheme 169 3
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 246 8
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 230 4
- Client information from previous accountant 68 1
- Closing down - who should buy whom? 86 2
- How long do legal aid take to pay? 72 1
- Two questions re client meetings and TR Fees 359 5
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 218 2
- Liability account to deal with loans from owner 129 5
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,656 31
- PAYE NI 109 2
- quote for winding down two companies and file accounts 112 1
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 820 14
- How much to charge? 701 10
- break even point 1,006 30
- Trustee in Bankruptcy 176 5
- Accomodation and travel 205 1
- Unpaid Fee's 352 6
- Issue with a software supplier 238 4
- Is there a requirement to clearly state the amount of a bill? 312 5
- Possible Partnership? 511
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 493
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 468
- New Fangled Penalties 309
- Clubs and Taxable Income 260
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 257
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 251
- Loans to other companies 193
- Tasbook email configuration 184
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 168