Balance Sheet Adjustment
Just going through a Ltd Co set of of accounts and have come across the following problem.
Co A's (development Co) BS show a property @ 88k and a mortgage of 65k.
All the relevant documents show that the property and mortgage do not belong to Co A, but Co B (construction Co).
Of information obtained from the Director, it appears that when the original purchase was made, Co A was the intended owner but funding would only be granted if taken in the name of Co B.
To remove it from the BS would leave Co B as a debtor for 23k. This 23k increase is due to payments made to Co B for renovation etc on the rental property.
No interest charges or rental income had been processed through Co B?
Director was involved with Co B, however this Co went into liquidation several years ago and the IP's were not interested in selling the property due to negative equity.
So do I just leave it as a long term Debtor and thus correct the property side of the BS?
It would be handy to write the debt off, but I can not see that being a possible.
- Accounts submitted to a the charities comission 121 2
- What would you do in this situation? 639 14
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 1,055 31
- Dress code 446 13
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 498 16
- Project being run jointly 202 3
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 308 4
- Companies House 602 9
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 134 1
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 354 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 731 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,442 25
- Help Required 413 10
- directors control and tax problems 295 5
- Fastest Software 806 13
- What's in a name ? 383 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 300 4
- Bulk Invoicing 191 6
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 183 3
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 263 2
- CTA study material 713
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 435
- Employment related securities question 274
- AIM Stocks and IHT 252
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 234
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 220
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 212
- Expat pension contributions? 200
- Trust for Employee 197
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 172