Balance Sheet Adjustment
Just going through a Ltd Co set of of accounts and have come across the following problem.
Co A's (development Co) BS show a property @ 88k and a mortgage of 65k.
All the relevant documents show that the property and mortgage do not belong to Co A, but Co B (construction Co).
Of information obtained from the Director, it appears that when the original purchase was made, Co A was the intended owner but funding would only be granted if taken in the name of Co B.
To remove it from the BS would leave Co B as a debtor for 23k. This 23k increase is due to payments made to Co B for renovation etc on the rental property.
No interest charges or rental income had been processed through Co B?
Director was involved with Co B, however this Co went into liquidation several years ago and the IP's were not interested in selling the property due to negative equity.
So do I just leave it as a long term Debtor and thus correct the property side of the BS?
It would be handy to write the debt off, but I can not see that being a possible.
- Payment plans for clients 283 4
- How a company director can keep paying £833 72 4
- Community awards 2014 - first category 189 7
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 474 14
- Employee steeling client data 116 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,356 23
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 189 5
- Subsistence Exclusions 131 3
- Insurance Claims - Legal Services 92 1
- CT600 274 9
- VAT Office Grimsby 212 4
- signature required 913 34
- i want to get the reserves below 25K 191 1
- Can you help me spot errors? 337 4
- format cell to exclude decimals 330 17
- WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON AT HMRC? 154 2
- Form VAT 600 FRS 89 1
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 153 2
- Supply of service to EU community body exempt from VAT 96 1
- Lease 148 4
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,307
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 853
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 548
- Credit where credit's due....... 339
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 261
- TheTax Donut 232
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 188
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 180
- Director's business mileage 151
- Sole trader CPD 145