Balance Sheet Adjustment
Just going through a Ltd Co set of of accounts and have come across the following problem.
Co A's (development Co) BS show a property @ 88k and a mortgage of 65k.
All the relevant documents show that the property and mortgage do not belong to Co A, but Co B (construction Co).
Of information obtained from the Director, it appears that when the original purchase was made, Co A was the intended owner but funding would only be granted if taken in the name of Co B.
To remove it from the BS would leave Co B as a debtor for 23k. This 23k increase is due to payments made to Co B for renovation etc on the rental property.
No interest charges or rental income had been processed through Co B?
Director was involved with Co B, however this Co went into liquidation several years ago and the IP's were not interested in selling the property due to negative equity.
So do I just leave it as a long term Debtor and thus correct the property side of the BS?
It would be handy to write the debt off, but I can not see that being a possible.
- CGT allowable expenditure 11 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 620 9
- Amend this years FPS's - any HMRC penalties? 19 1
- Are these allowable capital expenditures for a jewellery retail shop? 431 13
- Working in Australia and using allowance in UK? 27 1
- Group Relief 161 4
- New shareholder 261 4
- Newly Started Practice 794 16
- Moneysoft update problem 90 1
- HMRC stupidity of the day 316 3
- Directors obligation to notify 230 2
- Bookkeeping software for cafe and VAT 242 4
- Clients 829 17
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 269 5
- Lets hear it for HMRC! 388 3
- Don't HMRC collect CT anymore? 358 2
- Sage Payroll 198 4
- PAYROLL - SAGE v Microsoft Payroll Manager 192 3
- Client's company struck off 1,105 19
- Simplified auto enrolment? 276 2
- QROP pension input amounts 506
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 495
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 451
- EPS and CIS deductions 313
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 300
- Construction CIS LLP Company 292
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 261
- SAGE winforecast 210
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 196
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 194