Balance Sheet Adjustment
Just going through a Ltd Co set of of accounts and have come across the following problem.
Co A's (development Co) BS show a property @ 88k and a mortgage of 65k.
All the relevant documents show that the property and mortgage do not belong to Co A, but Co B (construction Co).
Of information obtained from the Director, it appears that when the original purchase was made, Co A was the intended owner but funding would only be granted if taken in the name of Co B.
To remove it from the BS would leave Co B as a debtor for 23k. This 23k increase is due to payments made to Co B for renovation etc on the rental property.
No interest charges or rental income had been processed through Co B?
Director was involved with Co B, however this Co went into liquidation several years ago and the IP's were not interested in selling the property due to negative equity.
So do I just leave it as a long term Debtor and thus correct the property side of the BS?
It would be handy to write the debt off, but I can not see that being a possible.
- Preference shares redeemed at less than par 120 7
- Any point writing to HMRC to appeal against self assessment penalties ? 151 6
- Accounting Crew 944 21
- LLP and LTD Co 73 3
- Dissolution of a LLP with ongoing HMRC Inquiry 95 1
- Real names 592 21
- Taxfiler - is it really good? 274 9
- Errors in prior year accounts 94 1
- Director salary from company limited by guarantee 184 6
- CGT on Sale of shop 54 1
- Disincorporation before selling goodwill in the business 214 4
- Dividend payment date 1,908 33
- Hollyoaks cast - changes due to Social Security Regulations 2,750 18
- Garage Conversion -Ltd Company Office 154 2
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 154 5
- Director hired as an individual 125 2
- VAT charge needed on van sale? 131 2
- Company Secretarial Software 1,299 27
- Agricultural Land Hold Over and Roll Over 104 2
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 249 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 570
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 437
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 338
- IFA incorporation 315
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 304
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 298
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 254
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 242
- Sorry ignore me 240
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 235