Balance Sheet Adjustment
Just going through a Ltd Co set of of accounts and have come across the following problem.
Co A's (development Co) BS show a property @ 88k and a mortgage of 65k.
All the relevant documents show that the property and mortgage do not belong to Co A, but Co B (construction Co).
Of information obtained from the Director, it appears that when the original purchase was made, Co A was the intended owner but funding would only be granted if taken in the name of Co B.
To remove it from the BS would leave Co B as a debtor for 23k. This 23k increase is due to payments made to Co B for renovation etc on the rental property.
No interest charges or rental income had been processed through Co B?
Director was involved with Co B, however this Co went into liquidation several years ago and the IP's were not interested in selling the property due to negative equity.
So do I just leave it as a long term Debtor and thus correct the property side of the BS?
It would be handy to write the debt off, but I can not see that being a possible.
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 148 6
- Why will HMRC not code out my client's £1,730 underpayment for 12/13 290 9
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,219 38
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 38 1
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 647 42
- Capital allowances for estates in administration 95 1
- VAT REGISTRATION TRANSFER 19 1
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 52 1
- Audit rules 70 1
- Bringing money to Uk 150 2
- Incorporation Fee - What's Non-deductible? 513 10
- Hotel accommodation tax deductible? 264 3
- VAT Inspection 164 3
- Management Buy Out - shares exchanged 345 23
- Moving from Sage payroll to Iris Payroll 140 4
- Faxpay in the 21st century 94 4
- Accounting for investment club gains 75 1
- Associations tax regime for Saturday school 719 7
- Income tax exemption on woodlands 169 5
- Is it just me 317 7
- Xtuple 486
- Qtac payroll for bureau 328
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 271
- Industrial & Provident Societies 266
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 210
- Mehjoo 209
- New strategic report 163
- Domain name sale and limited company 147
- South African Government Pension 144
- CIS schemes 139