Balance Sheet Adjustment
Just going through a Ltd Co set of of accounts and have come across the following problem.
Co A's (development Co) BS show a property @ 88k and a mortgage of 65k.
All the relevant documents show that the property and mortgage do not belong to Co A, but Co B (construction Co).
Of information obtained from the Director, it appears that when the original purchase was made, Co A was the intended owner but funding would only be granted if taken in the name of Co B.
To remove it from the BS would leave Co B as a debtor for 23k. This 23k increase is due to payments made to Co B for renovation etc on the rental property.
No interest charges or rental income had been processed through Co B?
Director was involved with Co B, however this Co went into liquidation several years ago and the IP's were not interested in selling the property due to negative equity.
So do I just leave it as a long term Debtor and thus correct the property side of the BS?
It would be handy to write the debt off, but I can not see that being a possible.
- Complicated Company car purchase 188 2
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 153 3
- Cash basis 451 12
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 130 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 259 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 282 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 147 3
- Fee base v staff ratio 310 6
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,842 27
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 320 3
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 229 2
- Gift in kind to charity by company: services 85 1
- Investor exit 188 3
- Partially exempt? 364 10
- Debtor/creditor set-off 141 1
- Redundancy payment added to p45 405 3
- Undeclared rental income 2,271 22
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 393 4
- Statutory sick pay 256 3
- Overseas bank interest 231 5
- Skandia using wrong address 560
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 303
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 301
- Employee rewards 283
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 237
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 222
- Etax Australian 181
- LLP in Construction Industry 146
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 127
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 126