Balance Sheet Adjustment
Just going through a Ltd Co set of of accounts and have come across the following problem.
Co A's (development Co) BS show a property @ 88k and a mortgage of 65k.
All the relevant documents show that the property and mortgage do not belong to Co A, but Co B (construction Co).
Of information obtained from the Director, it appears that when the original purchase was made, Co A was the intended owner but funding would only be granted if taken in the name of Co B.
To remove it from the BS would leave Co B as a debtor for 23k. This 23k increase is due to payments made to Co B for renovation etc on the rental property.
No interest charges or rental income had been processed through Co B?
Director was involved with Co B, however this Co went into liquidation several years ago and the IP's were not interested in selling the property due to negative equity.
So do I just leave it as a long term Debtor and thus correct the property side of the BS?
It would be handy to write the debt off, but I can not see that being a possible.
- Limited company buying a car 143 4
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 263 15
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 458 10
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 550 6
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 172 7
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 286 4
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 108 2
- ACCA practice certificates 495 5
- Limited company buying director's car 288 10
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 76 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 97 1
- WC's and capital allowances 172 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 306 13
- Dress code 1,546 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 479 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 258 6
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 378 4
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 473 23
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 186 4
- Loan Repayment on Invoice 106 3
- CTA study material 769
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 480
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 396
- Employment related securities question 308
- AIM Stocks and IHT 280
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 257
- Expat pension contributions? 256
- Trust for Employee 237
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 178
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 147