Balance Sheet Adjustment
Just going through a Ltd Co set of of accounts and have come across the following problem.
Co A's (development Co) BS show a property @ 88k and a mortgage of 65k.
All the relevant documents show that the property and mortgage do not belong to Co A, but Co B (construction Co).
Of information obtained from the Director, it appears that when the original purchase was made, Co A was the intended owner but funding would only be granted if taken in the name of Co B.
To remove it from the BS would leave Co B as a debtor for 23k. This 23k increase is due to payments made to Co B for renovation etc on the rental property.
No interest charges or rental income had been processed through Co B?
Director was involved with Co B, however this Co went into liquidation several years ago and the IP's were not interested in selling the property due to negative equity.
So do I just leave it as a long term Debtor and thus correct the property side of the BS?
It would be handy to write the debt off, but I can not see that being a possible.
- FYAs on second-hand vans 216 6
- Why do I do this every year 349 9
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 240 20
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 290 5
- closing limited company 140 2
- VAT when selling on Amazon 55 1
- HMRC filing meltdown? 476 14
- Childcare voucher schemes 242 9
- IHT and US resident 50 1
- What sectors to target? 583 29
- Limited Companies Merger 206 6
- Incidental costs of Acquisition for inherited property/shares 129 1
- Practice management 376 7
- IHT and cash gifts 241 5
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 520 13
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,591 42
- Capital allowances in first basis period 251 1
- eBay trading 231 4
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 258 10
- Self assesment online 949 10
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 925
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 645
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 593
- Latest phishing scam 574
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 409
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 309
- Scratch Head 237
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 229
- Sabbatical payments 194
- Negligible Value Claim 168