Bank Acct frozen...bank not explaining
A friend of mine [honestly] went into bank to take out a large amt of cash that he had ordered [his business deals in a lot of cash purchases].
The bank wouldn't give him the money [the money was in the acct] and would only say 'we currently can't process your transaction'; when he pushed them they gave him a letter saying exactly the same thing. Basically his acct has been frozen and he can't find out why.
His solicitor seems to think that if it was the police they would have had to serve a notice on himabout it??
Is there something whereby the bank has reported him as potential money laundering and there is a 48 period for HMRC to make an assessment??? Or is it more likely that he has actually been on HMRC radar and they have frozen it??
He's a legitimate trader with about 25 Eastern European workers all about to go home tomorrow for xmas and he can't pay them!!! Similarly he has a lot of local suppliers that he can't pay??
His solicitor has faxed a letter to the bank expalining the effects...but is there a way he can find out for definite why it has been frozen????
- Goodie bag 771 29
- How do I save face? 544 11
- 6th March RTI deadline. Can FPS be submitted on 6th March? 354 6
- Leaving the Flat Rate Scheme 181 3
- Secure document exchange 381 4
- Quickbooks Online 77 1
- Accts software 108 2
- Awkward shareholder (sister) 330 3
- Challenging HMRC on EU VAT land related service 179 1
- Clubs and Taxable Income 379 2
- Employee invoicing employer 194 6
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 310 6
- Auto enrolement and PAYE 173 3
- Unpaid salary 214 4
- Mixed Partnerships 123 2
- Transfer of properties to a limited company stamp duty 130 4
- Companies House iphone app - alternatives? 217 3
- Back-dated VAT 79 1
- brightpay? 148 2
- Loans to other companies 277 1
- Possible Partnership? 621
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 507
- New Fangled Penalties 423
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 308
- Fuming! 267
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 238
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 225
- Outsource Data Entry 221
- Moving away from CCH software 208
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 157