Bank Acct frozen...bank not explaining
A friend of mine [honestly] went into bank to take out a large amt of cash that he had ordered [his business deals in a lot of cash purchases].
The bank wouldn't give him the money [the money was in the acct] and would only say 'we currently can't process your transaction'; when he pushed them they gave him a letter saying exactly the same thing. Basically his acct has been frozen and he can't find out why.
His solicitor seems to think that if it was the police they would have had to serve a notice on himabout it??
Is there something whereby the bank has reported him as potential money laundering and there is a 48 period for HMRC to make an assessment??? Or is it more likely that he has actually been on HMRC radar and they have frozen it??
He's a legitimate trader with about 25 Eastern European workers all about to go home tomorrow for xmas and he can't pay them!!! Similarly he has a lot of local suppliers that he can't pay??
His solicitor has faxed a letter to the bank expalining the effects...but is there a way he can find out for definite why it has been frozen????
- What would you do in this situation? 445 11
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 105 3
- Help Required 247 6
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 201 2
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 366 14
- What's in a name ? 192 4
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 118 3
- ATED Penalties 247 1
- late second payment on account 136 2
- US royalties 57 2
- Project being run jointly 110 2
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 161 2
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 128 3
- Sole trader mix up 274 4
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 721 6
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 881 27
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 202 4
- Filing company accounts 131 1
- Accountancy work for Farmers 491 16
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 154 5
- CTA study material 693
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 419
- Employment related securities question 261
- AIM Stocks and IHT 241
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 193
- Trust for Employee 180
- Expat pension contributions? 176
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 149
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 126
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 112