Bank Acct frozen...bank not explaining
A friend of mine [honestly] went into bank to take out a large amt of cash that he had ordered [his business deals in a lot of cash purchases].
The bank wouldn't give him the money [the money was in the acct] and would only say 'we currently can't process your transaction'; when he pushed them they gave him a letter saying exactly the same thing. Basically his acct has been frozen and he can't find out why.
His solicitor seems to think that if it was the police they would have had to serve a notice on himabout it??
Is there something whereby the bank has reported him as potential money laundering and there is a 48 period for HMRC to make an assessment??? Or is it more likely that he has actually been on HMRC radar and they have frozen it??
He's a legitimate trader with about 25 Eastern European workers all about to go home tomorrow for xmas and he can't pay them!!! Similarly he has a lot of local suppliers that he can't pay??
His solicitor has faxed a letter to the bank expalining the effects...but is there a way he can find out for definite why it has been frozen????
- Incorporation of gp practise 112 1
- Love is in the air 364 5
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 246 9
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,996 46
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 334 4
- Very large share capital by mistake 268 3
- Client Paperwork Retention? 527 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 553 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 298 4
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 319 2
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 369 9
- Reimbursing director travel costs 423 6
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,715 20
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 420 8
- Sage 50 VAT Return 257 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 523 1
- Paying Son 673 18
- HMRC accounting 407 3
- Employers NI allowance 473 6
- Dividend taxation 411 3
- DTA tie-breaker issue 295
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 278
- CGT for NOn UK residents 277
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 272
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 249
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 235
- Apprenticeship Levy 232
- Capital Gains personal representatives 217
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 210
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 190