Bank Acct frozen...bank not explaining
A friend of mine [honestly] went into bank to take out a large amt of cash that he had ordered [his business deals in a lot of cash purchases].
The bank wouldn't give him the money [the money was in the acct] and would only say 'we currently can't process your transaction'; when he pushed them they gave him a letter saying exactly the same thing. Basically his acct has been frozen and he can't find out why.
His solicitor seems to think that if it was the police they would have had to serve a notice on himabout it??
Is there something whereby the bank has reported him as potential money laundering and there is a 48 period for HMRC to make an assessment??? Or is it more likely that he has actually been on HMRC radar and they have frozen it??
He's a legitimate trader with about 25 Eastern European workers all about to go home tomorrow for xmas and he can't pay them!!! Similarly he has a lot of local suppliers that he can't pay??
His solicitor has faxed a letter to the bank expalining the effects...but is there a way he can find out for definite why it has been frozen????
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 393 10
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 703 19
- Marriage Allowance 183 3
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,067 12
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 345 4
- S455 and February year ends 235 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,244 32
- HMRC having technical difficulties 788 18
- Closing down loss-making company 406 5
- S.455 Tax again 268 3
- New Build 325 2
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 369 4
- Mortgage Reference 775 10
- RTI offline? 171 1
- Right To Manage Company 259 4
- Day allowance working in Qatar 161 1
- Giving shares away 324 6
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 623 5
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 271 5
- Where to post pension on sa100 209 4