Bank Acct frozen...bank not explaining
A friend of mine [honestly] went into bank to take out a large amt of cash that he had ordered [his business deals in a lot of cash purchases].
The bank wouldn't give him the money [the money was in the acct] and would only say 'we currently can't process your transaction'; when he pushed them they gave him a letter saying exactly the same thing. Basically his acct has been frozen and he can't find out why.
His solicitor seems to think that if it was the police they would have had to serve a notice on himabout it??
Is there something whereby the bank has reported him as potential money laundering and there is a 48 period for HMRC to make an assessment??? Or is it more likely that he has actually been on HMRC radar and they have frozen it??
He's a legitimate trader with about 25 Eastern European workers all about to go home tomorrow for xmas and he can't pay them!!! Similarly he has a lot of local suppliers that he can't pay??
His solicitor has faxed a letter to the bank expalining the effects...but is there a way he can find out for definite why it has been frozen????
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 193 8
- Anybody still doing returns? 249 8
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 125 7
- Practice management 420 8
- Clothing 444 10
- no utr 92 2
- Interest on pre-letting? 94 4
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 55 1
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,663 44
- Will simplified micro entities accounts result in loss of business ? 1,686 22
- Rent a room scheme query. 224 4
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 305 13
- Why do I do this every year 569 13
- HMRC filing meltdown? 724 24
- client can't/won't pay 2,026 45
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 325 5
- Self assesment online 1,075 13
- Xero sales report by customer - how? 128 1
- Anybody Use Brightpay 751 20
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 259 11
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 940
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 658
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 606
- Latest phishing scam 587
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 424
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 318
- Scratch Head 254
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 243
- Sabbatical payments 207
- Negligible Value Claim 184