Bank Acct frozen...bank not explaining
A friend of mine [honestly] went into bank to take out a large amt of cash that he had ordered [his business deals in a lot of cash purchases].
The bank wouldn't give him the money [the money was in the acct] and would only say 'we currently can't process your transaction'; when he pushed them they gave him a letter saying exactly the same thing. Basically his acct has been frozen and he can't find out why.
His solicitor seems to think that if it was the police they would have had to serve a notice on himabout it??
Is there something whereby the bank has reported him as potential money laundering and there is a 48 period for HMRC to make an assessment??? Or is it more likely that he has actually been on HMRC radar and they have frozen it??
He's a legitimate trader with about 25 Eastern European workers all about to go home tomorrow for xmas and he can't pay them!!! Similarly he has a lot of local suppliers that he can't pay??
His solicitor has faxed a letter to the bank expalining the effects...but is there a way he can find out for definite why it has been frozen????
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 116 1
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 117 1
- Instant CPD offer 279 4
- Cash basis 514 13
- Income from rent charged to business 120 2
- payroll software 365 3
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 436 5
- Statutory sick pay 307 4
- Dividend in specie 368 9
- Complicated Company car purchase 220 2
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 175 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 145 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 272 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 294 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 166 3
- Fee base v staff ratio 382 6
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,855 27
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 333 3
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 257 2
- Gift in kind to charity by company: services 107 1
- Skandia using wrong address 573
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 306
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 305
- Employee rewards 288
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 252
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 228
- Etax Australian 186
- LLP in Construction Industry 154
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 132
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 130