Bank Acct frozen...bank not explaining
A friend of mine [honestly] went into bank to take out a large amt of cash that he had ordered [his business deals in a lot of cash purchases].
The bank wouldn't give him the money [the money was in the acct] and would only say 'we currently can't process your transaction'; when he pushed them they gave him a letter saying exactly the same thing. Basically his acct has been frozen and he can't find out why.
His solicitor seems to think that if it was the police they would have had to serve a notice on himabout it??
Is there something whereby the bank has reported him as potential money laundering and there is a 48 period for HMRC to make an assessment??? Or is it more likely that he has actually been on HMRC radar and they have frozen it??
He's a legitimate trader with about 25 Eastern European workers all about to go home tomorrow for xmas and he can't pay them!!! Similarly he has a lot of local suppliers that he can't pay??
His solicitor has faxed a letter to the bank expalining the effects...but is there a way he can find out for definite why it has been frozen????
- HMRC Debt collectors 219 4
- Seeking advice: Freehold Pub Lease 147 5
- Share issue and transfer 23 1
- Accounts Package 503 13
- What do do about VAT? 89 2
- Directors, service companies and national minimum wage (NMW) - Profit extraction 171 5
- Old payroll 189 4
- Special Puprose Vehicle (SPV) company 148 4
- Winning clients from retiring accountant - ethics/morals 1,263 11
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 981 22
- Not a question but made my day 1,019 21
- VAT Caravan Residential Letting Income 104 1
- Payroll got out of synch 243 7
- Exempt supplies and VAT registration 190 6
- To make a claim against my PI insurer 514 6
- Is it okay to make full time drivers self employed? 1,972 27
- Client right to working papers 1,055 6
- Annual Tax Summary 114 1
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 387 2
- VAT on property 213 2
- NHS finance professionals 585
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 387
- Foreign Pension Contribution 361
- vat gross profit percentage margins 325
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 318
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 302
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 261
- Thinning income 252
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 218
- IFA income recognition & reporting 194