Bank Acct frozen...bank not explaining
A friend of mine [honestly] went into bank to take out a large amt of cash that he had ordered [his business deals in a lot of cash purchases].
The bank wouldn't give him the money [the money was in the acct] and would only say 'we currently can't process your transaction'; when he pushed them they gave him a letter saying exactly the same thing. Basically his acct has been frozen and he can't find out why.
His solicitor seems to think that if it was the police they would have had to serve a notice on himabout it??
Is there something whereby the bank has reported him as potential money laundering and there is a 48 period for HMRC to make an assessment??? Or is it more likely that he has actually been on HMRC radar and they have frozen it??
He's a legitimate trader with about 25 Eastern European workers all about to go home tomorrow for xmas and he can't pay them!!! Similarly he has a lot of local suppliers that he can't pay??
His solicitor has faxed a letter to the bank expalining the effects...but is there a way he can find out for definite why it has been frozen????
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,628 34
- Recovering VAT on property purchase 247 4
- Agent for mobile DJs. Could the DJs be considered to be working for him? 113 1
- UK Subsidiary of Foreign Company 95 1
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 1,022 31
- Drop Down Boxes 239 4
- Any Scottish members out there? 13,643 504
- Any other payroll providers transferring from Sage to Moneysoft? 169 1
- Does anyone use quotation software? 596 8
- help needed with rti paye please 177 3
- Cash injection by shareholder 865 9
- Director selling assets to the company that were given to her 425 11
- Can't read my handwriting 819 19
- Undeclared rental income 429 7
- Home Use Costs in Company Accounts ? 354 7
- Sick pay 263 6
- Directors self assessment 187 2
- Employer's Helpline 226 1
- Employment Allowance Incorrectly Claimed for Domestic Payroll 146 2
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 202 1
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,417
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 545
- National Insurance 442
- Non Resident 332
- Hands on experience of Digita 263
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 262
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 172
- Umbrella pay services 147
- VAT on ESS via Apple, Google, Nokia - 131
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 125