Bank Acct frozen...bank not explaining
A friend of mine [honestly] went into bank to take out a large amt of cash that he had ordered [his business deals in a lot of cash purchases].
The bank wouldn't give him the money [the money was in the acct] and would only say 'we currently can't process your transaction'; when he pushed them they gave him a letter saying exactly the same thing. Basically his acct has been frozen and he can't find out why.
His solicitor seems to think that if it was the police they would have had to serve a notice on himabout it??
Is there something whereby the bank has reported him as potential money laundering and there is a 48 period for HMRC to make an assessment??? Or is it more likely that he has actually been on HMRC radar and they have frozen it??
He's a legitimate trader with about 25 Eastern European workers all about to go home tomorrow for xmas and he can't pay them!!! Similarly he has a lot of local suppliers that he can't pay??
His solicitor has faxed a letter to the bank expalining the effects...but is there a way he can find out for definite why it has been frozen????
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 117 3
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 136 7
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 42 1
- UK resident receiving USA pension 18 1
- signature required 314 12
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 447 9
- Sage payroll alternatives 744 13
- More AE! 742 17
- Web sites 205 3
- Homing sandwiches 282 7
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 580 13
- Dispensation 156 3
- Is laminated flooring an improvement on carpets? 488 14
- South African family trust and UK resident beneficiary 94 3
- Seting up a Direct Debit for PAYE 297 3
- Late Filing and Late Registration Penalty 256 3
- Capitalising purchased software 120 2
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 280 2
- Recharge for private use of a company car 570 17
- how to object to registered company name... 358 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,225
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 809
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 509
- Digita Hosted Software 330
- Credit where credit's due....... 304
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 234
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 182
- TheTax Donut 170
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 155
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 149