Bank Acct frozen...bank not explaining
A friend of mine [honestly] went into bank to take out a large amt of cash that he had ordered [his business deals in a lot of cash purchases].
The bank wouldn't give him the money [the money was in the acct] and would only say 'we currently can't process your transaction'; when he pushed them they gave him a letter saying exactly the same thing. Basically his acct has been frozen and he can't find out why.
His solicitor seems to think that if it was the police they would have had to serve a notice on himabout it??
Is there something whereby the bank has reported him as potential money laundering and there is a 48 period for HMRC to make an assessment??? Or is it more likely that he has actually been on HMRC radar and they have frozen it??
He's a legitimate trader with about 25 Eastern European workers all about to go home tomorrow for xmas and he can't pay them!!! Similarly he has a lot of local suppliers that he can't pay??
His solicitor has faxed a letter to the bank expalining the effects...but is there a way he can find out for definite why it has been frozen????
- RTI and Advances to Employees 79 3
- Sorry - another PPR question 164 4
- Ltd Co and Fully Paid Shares 62 4
- Private company division 286 5
- New build property to be rented 72 3
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 52 1
- Outstanding Loans 192 3
- Networking 845 7
- Allocation of income from property 613 22
- Services by BVI Company for UK Company 86 2
- bookkeeping system 459 7
- Sharing ODBC Excel Pivot Tables over network 112 2
- Company car in the LLP 113 1
- 64-8 problems 315 4
- flat rate scheme 1,819 37
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 878 11
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 324 9
- Unpaid share capital 209 2
- Bad debt receipt for dissolved company 143 1
- VAT Refunds 170 2