Bank Acct frozen...bank not explaining
A friend of mine [honestly] went into bank to take out a large amt of cash that he had ordered [his business deals in a lot of cash purchases].
The bank wouldn't give him the money [the money was in the acct] and would only say 'we currently can't process your transaction'; when he pushed them they gave him a letter saying exactly the same thing. Basically his acct has been frozen and he can't find out why.
His solicitor seems to think that if it was the police they would have had to serve a notice on himabout it??
Is there something whereby the bank has reported him as potential money laundering and there is a 48 period for HMRC to make an assessment??? Or is it more likely that he has actually been on HMRC radar and they have frozen it??
He's a legitimate trader with about 25 Eastern European workers all about to go home tomorrow for xmas and he can't pay them!!! Similarly he has a lot of local suppliers that he can't pay??
His solicitor has faxed a letter to the bank expalining the effects...but is there a way he can find out for definite why it has been frozen????
- When to register or not for PAYE 311 5
- Strike off after accounts submitted 54 1
- Assets requested back from supplier ? 300 4
- What is your favourite font? 384 11
- Opening Balances with very little info... 97 1
- CGT on Let Property 355 7
- Strike off 238 7
- Franchise affiliations 128 1
- Company investment 170 4
- Disclosure of 2014 corporation tax refund in 2015 accounts 99 1
- Gift to son by parents 351 3
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 1,202 35
- How to find difference in Sage bank rec 175 4
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 461 7
- New CASC rules 170 2
- Autoenrolment and variable earnings 277 2
- CIS subcontractor's invoice on QuickFile 156 4
- Treatment of private ambulances on introduction to business 258 6
- valuation of vehicles 535 20
- Settlements Legislation - Adult Children as shareholders 141 1
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 342
- Any thoughts on Capium? 298
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 275
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 255
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 242
- auto enrolment 218
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 198
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 192
- How to account for investment in JV? 177
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 169