Bank Acct frozen...bank not explaining
A friend of mine [honestly] went into bank to take out a large amt of cash that he had ordered [his business deals in a lot of cash purchases].
The bank wouldn't give him the money [the money was in the acct] and would only say 'we currently can't process your transaction'; when he pushed them they gave him a letter saying exactly the same thing. Basically his acct has been frozen and he can't find out why.
His solicitor seems to think that if it was the police they would have had to serve a notice on himabout it??
Is there something whereby the bank has reported him as potential money laundering and there is a 48 period for HMRC to make an assessment??? Or is it more likely that he has actually been on HMRC radar and they have frozen it??
He's a legitimate trader with about 25 Eastern European workers all about to go home tomorrow for xmas and he can't pay them!!! Similarly he has a lot of local suppliers that he can't pay??
His solicitor has faxed a letter to the bank expalining the effects...but is there a way he can find out for definite why it has been frozen????
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,271 35
- MAAT vs ACCA 527 10
- E-Magazines and pdfs 68 1
- Yorkshire Day 342 24
- Vat on Payments on Account 75 2
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 910 25
- Deleted question? 238 3
- CRM systems? 52 1
- Accountancy Career 513 11
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,117 22
- EU VAT Registration Thresholds 101 5
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 108 3
- calculation DTR restriction 152 4
- Company Limited Liability vs Public Liability Insruance 61 1
- Company no longer showing on Companies House web site 166 4
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,867 45
- Group Audit Thresholds 409 12
- Flat rate VAT 263 5
- Client payment options 102 1
- Benefit in Kind - Clothing - PPE 132 1
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 556
- Cancelled 440
- Cancelled 369
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 368
- Probiz 344
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 343
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 249
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 222
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 212
- More spam 173