Bank Acct frozen...bank not explaining
A friend of mine [honestly] went into bank to take out a large amt of cash that he had ordered [his business deals in a lot of cash purchases].
The bank wouldn't give him the money [the money was in the acct] and would only say 'we currently can't process your transaction'; when he pushed them they gave him a letter saying exactly the same thing. Basically his acct has been frozen and he can't find out why.
His solicitor seems to think that if it was the police they would have had to serve a notice on himabout it??
Is there something whereby the bank has reported him as potential money laundering and there is a 48 period for HMRC to make an assessment??? Or is it more likely that he has actually been on HMRC radar and they have frozen it??
He's a legitimate trader with about 25 Eastern European workers all about to go home tomorrow for xmas and he can't pay them!!! Similarly he has a lot of local suppliers that he can't pay??
His solicitor has faxed a letter to the bank expalining the effects...but is there a way he can find out for definite why it has been frozen????
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 149 4
- VAT on employee loan 261 3
- What do you all do in your spare time? 643 28
- Accountants website 325 4
- Threshold company limited by guarantee. 50 1
- Retrospective VAT Claim 91 1
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 340 9
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,395 20
- SAGE 50 PAYROLL YEAR END 211 5
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 405 6
- Can software startup claim VAT refund during development? 154 6
- Tax implications on building an 'office' 202 2
- VT Final Accounts puts "Cost of Sales - Carriage" and "Cost of Sales - Other Costs" into "Other Costs". Is that compulsory? It seems mad. 185 3
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 711 18
- Partial PPR relief to non-resident after 05 Apr 2015 147 1
- Accounting Package for Projects 80 2
- Purchased Goodwill 135 1
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 106 1
- Are accountants keeping up with the pace of change? 216 4
- Recruitment agencies 592 1
- New Fangled Penalties 1,079
- Moving away from CCH software 931
- QROP pension input amounts 425
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 370
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 341
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 309
- fraud 264
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 236
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 211
- Construction CIS LLP Company 189