Bank Acct frozen...bank not explaining
A friend of mine [honestly] went into bank to take out a large amt of cash that he had ordered [his business deals in a lot of cash purchases].
The bank wouldn't give him the money [the money was in the acct] and would only say 'we currently can't process your transaction'; when he pushed them they gave him a letter saying exactly the same thing. Basically his acct has been frozen and he can't find out why.
His solicitor seems to think that if it was the police they would have had to serve a notice on himabout it??
Is there something whereby the bank has reported him as potential money laundering and there is a 48 period for HMRC to make an assessment??? Or is it more likely that he has actually been on HMRC radar and they have frozen it??
He's a legitimate trader with about 25 Eastern European workers all about to go home tomorrow for xmas and he can't pay them!!! Similarly he has a lot of local suppliers that he can't pay??
His solicitor has faxed a letter to the bank expalining the effects...but is there a way he can find out for definite why it has been frozen????
- P111D expenses and partnership 207 5
- Losses for tax purposes 267 12
- Belgium-UK double taxation treaty 124 1
- Flat rate Vat- acquiring asset 162 1
- CT600 software 348 12
- Do sale of PPR's need declaring on tax return? 309 5
- mileage reimbursement 226 8
- How much tax should I be payng? 1,105 35
- setting up in Gibraltar 226 2
- HMRC DISALLOWING MY LOAN INTEREST 696 15
- Company name change after year end - which name to use? 257 4
- THEATRE SHOW - HIRE - VAT PAYABLE ON TICKET SALES 259 5
- non-qualifying FHL/rent-a-room relief 226 4
- Foreign Partner - SA109? 234 3
- Director issuing and buying shares in private Co 396 8
- Van Benefit in Kind Query 310 8
- Dividends with four shareholders (lopsided equity)? 267 2
- Surely not? 693 11
- signing accounts - director appointed after year end 453 5
- sage accounts production 483 9
- The booking.com con 432
- WWOOFers 390
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 384
- Ho Ho Ho 353
- barclays UK vesus barclays US 255
- Purpose of issuing Holding share capital for s135 share exchange 248
- Indicator/ FLMemo tax essentials for advisors 183
- Partners owning Partnership trading premises 181
- FHL & Rent a Room Interaction 169
- Staff time recording software 151