Bank Acct frozen...bank not explaining
A friend of mine [honestly] went into bank to take out a large amt of cash that he had ordered [his business deals in a lot of cash purchases].
The bank wouldn't give him the money [the money was in the acct] and would only say 'we currently can't process your transaction'; when he pushed them they gave him a letter saying exactly the same thing. Basically his acct has been frozen and he can't find out why.
His solicitor seems to think that if it was the police they would have had to serve a notice on himabout it??
Is there something whereby the bank has reported him as potential money laundering and there is a 48 period for HMRC to make an assessment??? Or is it more likely that he has actually been on HMRC radar and they have frozen it??
He's a legitimate trader with about 25 Eastern European workers all about to go home tomorrow for xmas and he can't pay them!!! Similarly he has a lot of local suppliers that he can't pay??
His solicitor has faxed a letter to the bank expalining the effects...but is there a way he can find out for definite why it has been frozen????
- Accountex flash mob 176 6
- Employment Allowance 40 1
- New desktop accounting and payroll, help, please 216 7
- Capital introduction 127 2
- Property sale split between years 222 8
- Group structure - transfer of shares 32 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 1,036 27
- Direct payment schene 91 3
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 1,147 37
- Classes 2 and 4 NI for sole trader also employed 126 2
- Rogue Accountant 1,206 35
- Quickbooks Desktop - 14/15 Employment Allowance 266 8
- CIS Deductions 285 8
- sole trader to ltd company 174 2
- Spousal transfer and PPR 329 10
- Personal bank account in limited company 283 7
- Dual taxation - usa 192 2
- CGT on residential property for a non resident and PPR relief 130 1
- Timing of LTD CIS rebates 292 10
- Inheritance Tax Advice 153 1
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 642
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 405
- Pensions Regulator 379
- RTI - duplicate employee record 327
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 325
- Using the correct forms 300
- SA penalty proposals 298
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 278
- Digital marketing focus group 198
- Sage Vat return box 2 192