Bankrupt client ...
A client of ours (sole trader) who owes less than £12k of tax has been made bankrupt. The last return we prepared was 2009 which we didn't get paid for.
The amount outstanding wasn't a lot but now the Insolvency practitioner appointed as trustee wants us to send to them accounts, returns and breakdown of all items on the accounts, the accounts that we weren't actually paid for!
She says that we are obliged under Insolvency law to do this free of charge presumably so they can do as little work as possible and rake in a big fee.
What are our actual rights , do we have to waste our own time collating this information and sending it in ,what about paying the postage ?
- Auto Enrolment & Moneysoft 533 4
- Wrong career 89 5
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,847 28
- Adjusting over-provision of Corporation Tax in previous year 177 5
- Newsletter 234 5
- RTI Filing 1,754 22
- Would this save hours of your time? 87 1
- Fee's for P11D's 298 5
- Agent with HMRC 238 10
- Quarterly PAYE 231 7
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 50 1
- reporting salary? 172 3
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 324 16
- CGT on Inherited Property 272 2
- Employment Allowance related companies 103 3
- Value pricing 589 19
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 391 1
- Childcare Vouchers 175 3
- Audit Report Query 189 5
- Coming in from the cold 227 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 771
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 524
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 392
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 276
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 218
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 217
- Director Loan account operation 207
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 205
- Free Tax Legislation? 180
- vat return 171