Bankrupt client ...
A client of ours (sole trader) who owes less than £12k of tax has been made bankrupt. The last return we prepared was 2009 which we didn't get paid for.
The amount outstanding wasn't a lot but now the Insolvency practitioner appointed as trustee wants us to send to them accounts, returns and breakdown of all items on the accounts, the accounts that we weren't actually paid for!
She says that we are obliged under Insolvency law to do this free of charge presumably so they can do as little work as possible and rake in a big fee.
What are our actual rights , do we have to waste our own time collating this information and sending it in ,what about paying the postage ?
- What would you do in this situation? 443 11
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 102 3
- Help Required 242 6
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 199 2
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 364 14
- What's in a name ? 188 4
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 115 3
- ATED Penalties 244 1
- late second payment on account 133 2
- US royalties 56 2
- Project being run jointly 108 2
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 158 2
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 125 3
- Sole trader mix up 272 4
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 719 6
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 880 27
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 202 4
- Filing company accounts 131 1
- Accountancy work for Farmers 490 16
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 153 5
- CTA study material 693
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 419
- Employment related securities question 261
- AIM Stocks and IHT 241
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 193
- Trust for Employee 180
- Expat pension contributions? 176
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 149
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 124
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 112