Bankrupt client ...
A client of ours (sole trader) who owes less than £12k of tax has been made bankrupt. The last return we prepared was 2009 which we didn't get paid for.
The amount outstanding wasn't a lot but now the Insolvency practitioner appointed as trustee wants us to send to them accounts, returns and breakdown of all items on the accounts, the accounts that we weren't actually paid for!
She says that we are obliged under Insolvency law to do this free of charge presumably so they can do as little work as possible and rake in a big fee.
What are our actual rights , do we have to waste our own time collating this information and sending it in ,what about paying the postage ?
- Tax position re this lease? 325 8
- Reasonable excuse for not filing returns....Death? 287 5
- AWeb - download file 72 2
- pension paid by company? 296 8
- Incorporated when they should not have 130 5
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 711 17
- Late annual return 83 1
- Charity work 193 10
- Company Director In Prison 338 8
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 205 12
- HMRC Agents Line 87 2
- Managing Employee Expenses 167 6
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 52 1
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,673 60
- inheritance tax 556 14
- donations to school via self employed business (registered charity) 154 5
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 58 1
- Do I need a smartphone? 615 21
- SA Agent's Priority Line 152 5
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 774 24
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 671
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 494
- Cancelled 423
- Cancelled 361
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 360
- Probiz 332
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 321
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 241
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 213
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 196