Bankrupt client ...
A client of ours (sole trader) who owes less than £12k of tax has been made bankrupt. The last return we prepared was 2009 which we didn't get paid for.
The amount outstanding wasn't a lot but now the Insolvency practitioner appointed as trustee wants us to send to them accounts, returns and breakdown of all items on the accounts, the accounts that we weren't actually paid for!
She says that we are obliged under Insolvency law to do this free of charge presumably so they can do as little work as possible and rake in a big fee.
What are our actual rights , do we have to waste our own time collating this information and sending it in ,what about paying the postage ?
- Am I the only one who finds this annoying 1,167 41
- Flat Rate VAT 238 8
- Sage Drive Queue.dta file lock out 705 15
- Practice software 1,182 17
- Starting your response in the subject line of the form 306 7
- When to register or not for PAYE 534 11
- Invoicing for monthly clients 490 8
- Seeking advice: With recruitment agencies for temporary placements, is VAT taken off the whole sum received from the client, or just what the company retains? 230 5
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 568 8
- Redundancy pay 319 9
- Final CT Return - liquidating company 233 2
- VAT on farm machinery sold 261 5
- Servicing AE fees 182 2
- VAT Receipts 271 8
- Changing pay dates on Moneysoft 154 2
- P800 problems again 116 1
- Company accounts for £350 989 27
- Directors Loan Account Question 437 12
- Setting up a Charity Trust?? 155 4
- Seeking advice: Osetting Directors Loan at Startup 234 5
- FRS 101 Software 338
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 304
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 299
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 274
- French ConnectionUK 240
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 214
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 203
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 202
- APN's 185
- Penalties for late filing of P11D forms 183