Bankrupt client ...
A client of ours (sole trader) who owes less than £12k of tax has been made bankrupt. The last return we prepared was 2009 which we didn't get paid for.
The amount outstanding wasn't a lot but now the Insolvency practitioner appointed as trustee wants us to send to them accounts, returns and breakdown of all items on the accounts, the accounts that we weren't actually paid for!
She says that we are obliged under Insolvency law to do this free of charge presumably so they can do as little work as possible and rake in a big fee.
What are our actual rights , do we have to waste our own time collating this information and sending it in ,what about paying the postage ?
- Any update on 2016/17 employer NIC allowance and directors? 23 1
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,004 8
- Class 1A NIC on motorbike fuel 85 5
- Best software for small practice? 51 1
- NEST web services & Moneysoft 431 5
- HMRC Statements 98 2
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 638 10
- Tax Planning for Family and Owner-Managed Companies 2015/16 349 7
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 501 12
- VAT and CT issues on splitting of business 238 4
- Cloud-based email services? 492 10
- Goodwill on incorporation low level valuations 119 1
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,134 18
- Land Registry 306 4
- Car benefit or not? 2,264 19
- Excel First Tab/Last Tab missing in latest version(s) 379 4
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 631 20
- Annual Investment Allowance on Van 574 12
- Time recording 344 5
- Auto enrolment without a PAYE scheme? 160 2
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 747
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 445
- Costly Accounting Software contract 385
- Directors' advances and credits 296
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 266
- DTA tie-breaker issue 256
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 236
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 215
- CGT for NOn UK residents 207
- Apprenticeship Levy 187