Bankrupt client ...
A client of ours (sole trader) who owes less than £12k of tax has been made bankrupt. The last return we prepared was 2009 which we didn't get paid for.
The amount outstanding wasn't a lot but now the Insolvency practitioner appointed as trustee wants us to send to them accounts, returns and breakdown of all items on the accounts, the accounts that we weren't actually paid for!
She says that we are obliged under Insolvency law to do this free of charge presumably so they can do as little work as possible and rake in a big fee.
What are our actual rights , do we have to waste our own time collating this information and sending it in ,what about paying the postage ?
- Company asserts 82 1
- VAT on unused stock 39 1
- When to recover vat on bad debts 114 4
- Can't find a good web address 162 3
- Sage Line 50 - create custom remittance advices 182 7
- Timesheet and travel expenses software for engineering consultants 204 5
- effective advertising 234 6
- Nominal Code for Car lease? 185 8
- Software recommendations 311 2
- Cloud Based Software recommendations please 147 3
- Edible spam? 802 16
- I'm thinking of moving to Ireland 301 5
- Put fees on website 287 6
- Director resignation 223 4
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 1,543 27
- Mobile phone and P11D 1,327 4
- Sigma Red 1,415 3
- CIS Software Recommendations 344 5
- VAT on medical/care services? 111 2
- Definition of "relative" in benefits code 187 2
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 477
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 464
- WIP Software 336
- No payroll scheme in place 289
- Is there anything wrong with this? 258
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 253
- Small Part Disposal of Property 228
- Uncommercial property business 227
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 192
- SA Penalty 181