Bankrupt client ...
A client of ours (sole trader) who owes less than £12k of tax has been made bankrupt. The last return we prepared was 2009 which we didn't get paid for.
The amount outstanding wasn't a lot but now the Insolvency practitioner appointed as trustee wants us to send to them accounts, returns and breakdown of all items on the accounts, the accounts that we weren't actually paid for!
She says that we are obliged under Insolvency law to do this free of charge presumably so they can do as little work as possible and rake in a big fee.
What are our actual rights , do we have to waste our own time collating this information and sending it in ,what about paying the postage ?
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 616 14
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 994 48
- Tier One Tribunal 251 12
- Money Laundering and handover 111 1
- Does a UK LTD pay Corporation Tax before sending dividend to Holding Company? 156 3
- New starter error how to correct 116 2
- Tax implication giving money to friend (not family) 257 4
- Summer house for business only 234 2
- Taxi Plate & Car 203 5
- Dividends out of profit where P&L bfwd is in deficit 187 4
- SA316s 254 4
- Director with lots of personal expenses 138 2
- LEL and PAYE registration 142 2
- Filing amended tax return 149 1
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 855 26
- Prompt Payment Discount (PPD) Vat 2015 - CREDIT PRIOR INVOICE 127 1
- Pooled cars legislation unfairly punitive 151 2
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 271 5
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 183 2
- Another transfer of property 172 2
- Construction CIS LLP Company 615
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 601
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 390
- Pensions Regulator 360
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 298
- RTI - duplicate employee record 273
- Using the correct forms 272
- SA penalty proposals 261
- Accelerated payment notices 241
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 240