Bankrupt client ...
A client of ours (sole trader) who owes less than £12k of tax has been made bankrupt. The last return we prepared was 2009 which we didn't get paid for.
The amount outstanding wasn't a lot but now the Insolvency practitioner appointed as trustee wants us to send to them accounts, returns and breakdown of all items on the accounts, the accounts that we weren't actually paid for!
She says that we are obliged under Insolvency law to do this free of charge presumably so they can do as little work as possible and rake in a big fee.
What are our actual rights , do we have to waste our own time collating this information and sending it in ,what about paying the postage ?
- Child benefit charge 822 14
- Capital Gains on Residential Property 266 19
- Contribution to charity as % of profit 266 14
- Non resident income. 154 9
- Taxable income from property and separation 54 2
- Goodwill adjustment 140 4
- Use of home deduction 313 11
- anyone using Office365 for practice management 953 29
- smp employee made redundant 86 1
- Do you lose losses on cessation 405 11
- How do you get HMRC to pay you SMP? 165 3
- Online SA303 Nine Digit UTR 154 4
- Buy to let property : Is parking bay tax deductible ? 153 4
- Software 102 2
- Notice of Coding 0T but not Month 1 266 7
- Knuckle down one week to go! 973 21
- client can't/won't pay 1,304 22
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,326 79
- Self assessment help 153 1
- Worried over stock value 430 13
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 843
- Copy Wanted 577
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 523
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 503
- Latest phishing scam 376
- Entrepreneurs' relief 353
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 314
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 300
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 291
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 202