Bankrupt client ...
A client of ours (sole trader) who owes less than £12k of tax has been made bankrupt. The last return we prepared was 2009 which we didn't get paid for.
The amount outstanding wasn't a lot but now the Insolvency practitioner appointed as trustee wants us to send to them accounts, returns and breakdown of all items on the accounts, the accounts that we weren't actually paid for!
She says that we are obliged under Insolvency law to do this free of charge presumably so they can do as little work as possible and rake in a big fee.
What are our actual rights , do we have to waste our own time collating this information and sending it in ,what about paying the postage ?
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 143 2
- trading or dormant 64 2
- Goodwill ammortisation 36 1
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 978 11
- tax credits 87 5
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 142 5
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 484 19
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 159 6
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 550 11
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 247 3
- Benefit In Kind Accommodation 97 1
- Tax Return Deadlines 178 3
- Foreign income for self employed 115 1
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 616 18
- Sage help...written off bad debt, done year end now bad payer wants to start to pay 64 2
- Who owns SAGE Data? 485 10
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 193 1
- EC VAT 223 10
- Land Opt to Tax - VAT scope 217 7
- Musician deductible expenses 104 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 852
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 512
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 323
- How to format a stock book 297
- Tax efficient holding company structure 238
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 232
- Investment property company accounts template 221
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 215
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 183
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 154