In bankruptcy has HMRC acting outside the law .
In Section 28 C TMA, 1970 " Proceedings" only applies in "Proceedings" to the Tax Commissioners AKA now the Tax Tribunals 1st Tier and Upper Tax Tribunals.
At the Tax Tribunal in my case the Judge rejected the demand in HMRC's case because the amount of £ 765.08, like a tax determination or a NI "decision" had not been served , therefore, it was unenforcible in law.
The requirment for Bankruptcy is that the amounts were "due and payable" in the bankruptcy petition at is date sworn..
Not "due and payable" means that the Bankruptcy Petition, as sworn, was incorrect and that is not permitted under for the Perjury Act, 1911 - not a Statement of Truth. becomes "null and void".
This is significant in all bankruptcy cases brought to you.
If anyone disagrees please say why in response.
- Any Scottish members out there? 7,761 290
- ICPA-Scotland 140 2
- Shutting down losing Directors Loan 169 1
- planning to be self employed bookkeeper what do i need to do before i start? 248 4
- Has HMRC got powers to do this? 160 2
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 514 10
- Declined for business bank account 308 6
- Help with Mortgage Application? 509 7
- Disclosure of pending convertible loan notes? 218 10
- Standard 'email' template system 901 14
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,056 14
- How to complete annual VAT return online? 229 4
- Irish VAT Deferred payment 107 1
- Circular shareholding 257 6
- Starting as sole trader from abroad 209 6
- business card address 334 8
- VAT relief eligibilty for charity buying minibus 214 2
- Loan to a related company 142 1
- Artificially reducing profits by bonus accrual 692 26
- Repairs after a rental business ends 348 10
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,122
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 369
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 301
- National Insurance 272
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 240
- Payments on account coded out?? 233
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 226
- Non Resident 192
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 191
- Franchise income and costs 180