In bankruptcy has HMRC acting outside the law .
In Section 28 C TMA, 1970 " Proceedings" only applies in "Proceedings" to the Tax Commissioners AKA now the Tax Tribunals 1st Tier and Upper Tax Tribunals.
At the Tax Tribunal in my case the Judge rejected the demand in HMRC's case because the amount of £ 765.08, like a tax determination or a NI "decision" had not been served , therefore, it was unenforcible in law.
The requirment for Bankruptcy is that the amounts were "due and payable" in the bankruptcy petition at is date sworn..
Not "due and payable" means that the Bankruptcy Petition, as sworn, was incorrect and that is not permitted under for the Perjury Act, 1911 - not a Statement of Truth. becomes "null and void".
This is significant in all bankruptcy cases brought to you.
If anyone disagrees please say why in response.
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 455 14
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 64 1
- LTD home office - would HMRC seek to disallow 1,273 8
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,245 13
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 981 29
- You know its over 393 4
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 518 9
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 253 13
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 201 2
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 192 2
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 306 3
- Cocaine anyone? 548 8
- Late Registration for VAT 504 13
- EIS/SEIS 165 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 289 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 437 5
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 744 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 579 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 606 4
- Personal pension 412 9
- Hive up 497
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 466
- corporate hierarchy 447
- Advice - 282
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 230
- WWOOFers 225
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 212
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 209
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 188
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 181