In bankruptcy has HMRC acting outside the law .
In Section 28 C TMA, 1970 " Proceedings" only applies in "Proceedings" to the Tax Commissioners AKA now the Tax Tribunals 1st Tier and Upper Tax Tribunals.
At the Tax Tribunal in my case the Judge rejected the demand in HMRC's case because the amount of £ 765.08, like a tax determination or a NI "decision" had not been served , therefore, it was unenforcible in law.
The requirment for Bankruptcy is that the amounts were "due and payable" in the bankruptcy petition at is date sworn..
Not "due and payable" means that the Bankruptcy Petition, as sworn, was incorrect and that is not permitted under for the Perjury Act, 1911 - not a Statement of Truth. becomes "null and void".
This is significant in all bankruptcy cases brought to you.
If anyone disagrees please say why in response.
- Do we have to register for VAT? 355 7
- Unbelievable!! 668 5
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 363 1
- Reclaiming VAT on unpaid invoices 25 1
- Receipt bank 262 6
- blank - ignore 419 7
- Part disposal of shareholding with CGT loss attached 40 1
- Close Ltd and be taxed as a sole trader 48 1
- foreign income 150 3
- New client forgot to take stock count at the year end 161 5
- Company Van taxable benefit 104 3
- Non resident income. 358 18
- White van man 787 26
- Should i tell HMRC 1,239 12
- How to value a business asset? 105 4
- Companies House praise 167 1
- EIS reinvestment relief 163 12
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 558 18
- Identity check problem 1,118 11
- Declaration of interest 118 3
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 869
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 565
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 531
- Latest phishing scam 453
- Entrepreneurs' relief 407
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 332
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 316
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 236
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 215
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 157