In bankruptcy has HMRC acting outside the law .
In Section 28 C TMA, 1970 " Proceedings" only applies in "Proceedings" to the Tax Commissioners AKA now the Tax Tribunals 1st Tier and Upper Tax Tribunals.
At the Tax Tribunal in my case the Judge rejected the demand in HMRC's case because the amount of £ 765.08, like a tax determination or a NI "decision" had not been served , therefore, it was unenforcible in law.
The requirment for Bankruptcy is that the amounts were "due and payable" in the bankruptcy petition at is date sworn..
Not "due and payable" means that the Bankruptcy Petition, as sworn, was incorrect and that is not permitted under for the Perjury Act, 1911 - not a Statement of Truth. becomes "null and void".
This is significant in all bankruptcy cases brought to you.
If anyone disagrees please say why in response.
- Yorkshire Day 162 10
- Collection or business assets 151 4
- Incorporated when they should not have 405 13
- Directors pay adjustment from 1k to the magic 833.33 166 4
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,794 42
- Deduction from Salary 916 26
- VAT for client based in Thailand 41 1
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 832 22
- Doctor and Locum Work 329 5
- Deleted question? 101 1
- Accountancy Career 432 8
- Flat rate allowed but not used. 50 1
- Employee and subcontractor 193 4
- Help with HMRC investigation 391 7
- SMP reclaimable by employer 185 4
- calculation DTR restriction 126 2
- R&D tax credit claim 580 8
- Agent help line - long queues? 110 2
- Is it possible to run/own a UK based business, as a resident of Italy? 163 2
- What are options for non CA firm 3,095 66
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 692
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 545
- Cancelled 432
- Cancelled 366
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 364
- Probiz 339
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 338
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 248
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 219
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 209