In bankruptcy has HMRC acting outside the law .
In Section 28 C TMA, 1970 " Proceedings" only applies in "Proceedings" to the Tax Commissioners AKA now the Tax Tribunals 1st Tier and Upper Tax Tribunals.
At the Tax Tribunal in my case the Judge rejected the demand in HMRC's case because the amount of £ 765.08, like a tax determination or a NI "decision" had not been served , therefore, it was unenforcible in law.
The requirment for Bankruptcy is that the amounts were "due and payable" in the bankruptcy petition at is date sworn..
Not "due and payable" means that the Bankruptcy Petition, as sworn, was incorrect and that is not permitted under for the Perjury Act, 1911 - not a Statement of Truth. becomes "null and void".
This is significant in all bankruptcy cases brought to you.
If anyone disagrees please say why in response.
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 674 8
- Accountancy Software Recommendation for eCommerce Business 46 1
- deleted 360 21
- PII and previous accountant 63 3
- Use of aliases 386 14
- What's the plural? 152 4
- Client leaving and querying previous years accounts 595 25
- What should I charge for unlimited advice and support ? 74 3
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 68 1
- Splitting hairs with a national firm 85 1
- CGT on Self Build Plus Another Property 159 8
- DISCOUNTED RENT FREE PERIOD 99 1
- Sage training course 227 7
- Registering as a CIS Contractor 118 2
- Builder - Roll over relief 154 7
- HMRC online out of action? 125 3
- Hold over relief 243 2
- Benchmark scale rates for subsistance 119 1
- Overdue VAT returns 155 3
- Non-Resident with UK rental income 147 3
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 558
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 407
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 312
- IFA incorporation 283
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 269
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 265
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 236
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 225
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 196
- Life assurance gains anomoly?? 189