In bankruptcy has HMRC acting outside the law .
In Section 28 C TMA, 1970 " Proceedings" only applies in "Proceedings" to the Tax Commissioners AKA now the Tax Tribunals 1st Tier and Upper Tax Tribunals.
At the Tax Tribunal in my case the Judge rejected the demand in HMRC's case because the amount of £ 765.08, like a tax determination or a NI "decision" had not been served , therefore, it was unenforcible in law.
The requirment for Bankruptcy is that the amounts were "due and payable" in the bankruptcy petition at is date sworn..
Not "due and payable" means that the Bankruptcy Petition, as sworn, was incorrect and that is not permitted under for the Perjury Act, 1911 - not a Statement of Truth. becomes "null and void".
This is significant in all bankruptcy cases brought to you.
If anyone disagrees please say why in response.
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 246 15
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,307 16
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 87 2
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 286 9
- Cars Leased primarily for Taxi Hire 141 1
- VAT on digital streaming of my company's music? 143 2
- Can a sole-trader make pension contributions to avoid loss of personal allowance? 177 5
- Does this annoy anyone else ? 3,249 42
- Recharge for private use of a company car 124 2
- Bloomsbury Professional tax books 114 1
- IR35 - it it worth worrying about any more? 375 7
- Wear and tear allowance 451 10
- CIS deductions against the wrong UTR 198 6
- Residency test 199 4
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 241 3
- VAT Turnover 137 1
- HMRC - No Deadline to Respond? 145 1
- Recording fuel VAT adjustment in Sage 132 4
- Company purchase of shares 289 16
- Pension contributions and unused allowances 141 2
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 690
- Auto enrolment excuses 661
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 365
- Social investment tax relief 181
- Call Centre Data Costs 178
- Digita Hosted Software 176
- option to tax 161
- VAT on deposits 148
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 136
- Travel costs and contractors 130