In bankruptcy has HMRC acting outside the law .
In Section 28 C TMA, 1970 " Proceedings" only applies in "Proceedings" to the Tax Commissioners AKA now the Tax Tribunals 1st Tier and Upper Tax Tribunals.
At the Tax Tribunal in my case the Judge rejected the demand in HMRC's case because the amount of £ 765.08, like a tax determination or a NI "decision" had not been served , therefore, it was unenforcible in law.
The requirment for Bankruptcy is that the amounts were "due and payable" in the bankruptcy petition at is date sworn..
Not "due and payable" means that the Bankruptcy Petition, as sworn, was incorrect and that is not permitted under for the Perjury Act, 1911 - not a Statement of Truth. becomes "null and void".
This is significant in all bankruptcy cases brought to you.
If anyone disagrees please say why in response.
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 37 1
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 394 16
- Company separation for Wholesale & Retail businesses 23 1
- Selling a VAT Qualifying vehicle at a loss 20 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 463 15
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 124 5
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 727 11
- Sports Sponsorship 70 1
- New Shareholder and Purchase of Own Share 206 17
- Opt To Tax Refund 202 2
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 142 6
- Is the CT61 return dead? 1,280 14
- Best software for small practice? 572 19
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,247 21
- HMRC Enquiry 454 2
- Car purchase Lease or Buy 179 7
- Notifying HMRC when striking off company that never traded 283 4
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,444 16
- Long/Short Period of Account 181 3
- Another HMRC Cock Up 777 7
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 763
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 452
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 271
- DTA tie-breaker issue 261
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 244
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 222
- CGT for NOn UK residents 216
- Apprenticeship Levy 195
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 190
- Capital Gains personal representatives 181