In bankruptcy has HMRC acting outside the law .
In Section 28 C TMA, 1970 " Proceedings" only applies in "Proceedings" to the Tax Commissioners AKA now the Tax Tribunals 1st Tier and Upper Tax Tribunals.
At the Tax Tribunal in my case the Judge rejected the demand in HMRC's case because the amount of £ 765.08, like a tax determination or a NI "decision" had not been served , therefore, it was unenforcible in law.
The requirment for Bankruptcy is that the amounts were "due and payable" in the bankruptcy petition at is date sworn..
Not "due and payable" means that the Bankruptcy Petition, as sworn, was incorrect and that is not permitted under for the Perjury Act, 1911 - not a Statement of Truth. becomes "null and void".
This is significant in all bankruptcy cases brought to you.
If anyone disagrees please say why in response.
- Is it just me ... 110 5
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 95 5
- Claiming VAT on car lease 268 20
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 240 4
- CIS registration when already registered for PAYE 65 4
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 301 10
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 103 1
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 201 1
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,413 18
- R&D - HMRC Manual 87 2
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 346 14
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 250 5
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,138 27
- How to network with other Accountants? 588 3
- Any reasons for a dissolved company to comply with HMRC requesting Corporation Tax and Tax Returns 541 21
- Advice for new build property 127 3
- Should training costs being reclaimed be deducted from gross or net salary 294 5
- VAT FRS for a Formula 2 Racing Driver 293 8
- Claiming accommodation as employment expense? 167 1
- Sage Line 50 112 2
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 738
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 402
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 349
- Electric Car 286
- S222 Charge 233
- IP trans to holding company 181
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 175
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 165
- AIA 161
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 153