In bankruptcy has HMRC acting outside the law .
In Section 28 C TMA, 1970 " Proceedings" only applies in "Proceedings" to the Tax Commissioners AKA now the Tax Tribunals 1st Tier and Upper Tax Tribunals.
At the Tax Tribunal in my case the Judge rejected the demand in HMRC's case because the amount of £ 765.08, like a tax determination or a NI "decision" had not been served , therefore, it was unenforcible in law.
The requirment for Bankruptcy is that the amounts were "due and payable" in the bankruptcy petition at is date sworn..
Not "due and payable" means that the Bankruptcy Petition, as sworn, was incorrect and that is not permitted under for the Perjury Act, 1911 - not a Statement of Truth. becomes "null and void".
This is significant in all bankruptcy cases brought to you.
If anyone disagrees please say why in response.
- payroll software 380 4
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 103 5
- client threatening legal action 2,105 30
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 137 2
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 148 1
- Instant CPD offer 292 4
- Cash basis 526 13
- Income from rent charged to business 153 2
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 453 5
- Statutory sick pay 319 4
- Dividend in specie 373 9
- Complicated Company car purchase 228 2
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 183 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 149 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 278 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 299 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 179 3
- Fee base v staff ratio 418 6
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,863 27
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 340 3
- Skandia using wrong address 584
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 311
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 310
- Employee rewards 291
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 261
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 232
- Etax Australian 191
- LLP in Construction Industry 158
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 135
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 135