In bankruptcy has HMRC acting outside the law .
In Section 28 C TMA, 1970 " Proceedings" only applies in "Proceedings" to the Tax Commissioners AKA now the Tax Tribunals 1st Tier and Upper Tax Tribunals.
At the Tax Tribunal in my case the Judge rejected the demand in HMRC's case because the amount of £ 765.08, like a tax determination or a NI "decision" had not been served , therefore, it was unenforcible in law.
The requirment for Bankruptcy is that the amounts were "due and payable" in the bankruptcy petition at is date sworn..
Not "due and payable" means that the Bankruptcy Petition, as sworn, was incorrect and that is not permitted under for the Perjury Act, 1911 - not a Statement of Truth. becomes "null and void".
This is significant in all bankruptcy cases brought to you.
If anyone disagrees please say why in response.
- Taxfiler V's BTC 777 31
- Quickbooks 2015 162 1
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 315 13
- Sage reporting 88 4
- SA302's anyone?? 2,762 41
- Directors loan accounts 227 6
- Professional Clearance 1,498 23
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 318 8
- Expense receipt from previous quarter not included in VAT return 92 2
- Change of director first name on Annual Return 117 2
- BTC Software 245 9
- Allowable expenditure when claiming wear & tear 176 7
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 90 5
- FRS 102 Fair Value v open market value 86 1
- Goods Purchased for Rental 568 30
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 2,698 25
- Audit procedures on a dormant company 95 1
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 229 7
- Completing RP1 form in re Redundancy /Insolvency 221 7
- CGT implications for gift of shares to connected person 204 8
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 1,012
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 520
- NOVA 476
- Bonus Bonds 359
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 344
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 260
- Payment for Promotional Samples 233
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 226
- Friendly Pensions 155
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 145