Barclays Bank PLC
I have been a Barclays customer for 16 years both personally and as a business. In light of the seemingly never ending exposures of mal-practice and dishonesty I am minded to move my accounts elsewhere. This would be a shame as, save for a week or so during the recent upgrade, Barclays online banking is a pleasure to use and I have a good relationship with the staff at my local branch.
I feel very uncomfortable being associated with a bank that has been exposed for fraudulent conduct and have always believed that trust, once lost, is gone forever. And I’m mindful that if it were I that had been exposed in this manner the bank would drop me like a stone, not to mention its reporting obligation. As a side issue how can it still be consider ‘fit & proper’ for AML purposes?
I would be interested to know if others feel that to move bank accounts would be an over-reaction to the current circumstances.
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 162 3
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 132 1
- incorrect old p60 345 8
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,078 31
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 227 3
- Missing tax return 345 4
- r there any crustie unemployed failed accounting clerks here ? 369 3
- Inflation and fees 1,382 24
- Sage Priority Support 175 3
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 200 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 830 24
- Micro-entity accounts 227 1
- Related party disclosure 206 3
- Company reconstruction 139 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 234 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 153 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 173 1
- Advice please! 419 2
- VAT on new builds 188 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 151 1