Barclays Bank PLC
I have been a Barclays customer for 16 years both personally and as a business. In light of the seemingly never ending exposures of mal-practice and dishonesty I am minded to move my accounts elsewhere. This would be a shame as, save for a week or so during the recent upgrade, Barclays online banking is a pleasure to use and I have a good relationship with the staff at my local branch.
I feel very uncomfortable being associated with a bank that has been exposed for fraudulent conduct and have always believed that trust, once lost, is gone forever. And I’m mindful that if it were I that had been exposed in this manner the bank would drop me like a stone, not to mention its reporting obligation. As a side issue how can it still be consider ‘fit & proper’ for AML purposes?
I would be interested to know if others feel that to move bank accounts would be an over-reaction to the current circumstances.
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 42 1
- VAT - Check on clients business 860 36
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 393 18
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 15 1
- Probate services 342 6
- Treatment of valuation fee for IHT. 186 2
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,604 37
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 255 7
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,480 24
- Opening Balance in Sage 50 Accounts 97 3
- Sage accounts help 80 1
- Community Faux Pas 804 25
- AAT before CIMA? 117 1
- trading losses allowable? 722 13
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 436 9
- Tax Fines - HMRC 744 11
- Shared Network Drive on the Cloud 94 3
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 166 6
- Here we go.... 852 25
- Capital Gains 336 6