Basic Self Assessment Question Please Help
I signed up for SE years ago because I was earning money through freelance design. I asked HMRC to stop sending my self assessments which they haven't done... This isnt a big issue because im thinking of doing some self employed work again.
But now im filling 2011/12s return with some basic employee info. Such as Salery, Tax contribution, Student loan payments ext
I get to the end and im expecting a bill of £0.00 because ive paid all tax through my employer and instead im horrified to see £395.80
The summery describes this as: 'Total tax, Class 4 NIC and Student loan due for 2011-12'
I have a reference image on 'fembe.com/SE.jpg'
Ive clearly done something wrong but I cant see what ive done. Any ideas?
- Practical experience 813 15
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 404 9
- Personal Tax 111 1
- VAT 299 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 145 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 109 1
- last minute request 204 3
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 109 2
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 76 1
- Cash gift from India 480 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 68 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 411 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 93 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 234 6
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,140 44
- Maternity and claining expenses 647 6
- Overseas workday relief 156 5
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 302 3
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 667 13
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 122 1