Best Business Any Answers thread
As part of AccountingWEB's Community Awards 2012, we're looking for suggestions for best business thread of the year.
Which thread, dealing with a topical or complex business issue have you found to be the most useful or enjoyable to participate in?
Some we found particularly enlightening were:
- Why do papers not ask accountants?
- Client asking for help to prepare his own accounts
- Starbucks - question time
These are just our suggestions however, now we want to know yours - they could even win a prize.
Please put your suggestions below with links to the thread and/or the OP's name. The winner will be announced in the Christmas wire.
Looking forward to seeing your suggestions!
- Limited company buying a car 150 4
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 273 15
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 458 10
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 555 6
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 182 7
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 286 4
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 114 2
- ACCA practice certificates 495 5
- Limited company buying director's car 292 10
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 81 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 105 1
- WC's and capital allowances 173 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 310 13
- Dress code 1,546 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 480 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 259 6
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 379 4
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 473 23
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 192 4
- Loan Repayment on Invoice 112 3
- CTA study material 769
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 480
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 397
- Employment related securities question 308
- AIM Stocks and IHT 280
- Expat pension contributions? 257
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 257
- Trust for Employee 237
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 183
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 147