Best way to buy business premises / building?
I’m wishing to advise a new client on the purchase of a green grocer and its premises.
Building to be purchased at £175k and business £25k.
Father and son partnership (well, to be partnership or limited). Building to be mortgaged.
What’s the most tax efficient way to buy the building?
Building is the shop premises and has a domestic flat to rent upstairs.
Now, if your recommendation is to buy the building through a pension scheme then this is where I have no experience. Please give details. How would I go about it? Who manages the scheme?
Look forward to your thoughts.
- Aged Debtor 40 1
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 940 34
- Loss carry back in Taxfiler 61 3
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 749 28
- A Director of a Ltd Company let a general Manager run the company, and if anything goes wrong the general manager is responsible? 125 2
- Identity check problem 1,209 12
- blank - ignore 481 8
- Part disposal of shareholding with CGT loss attached 80 2
- calculate mortgage interest 344 5
- Do we have to register for VAT? 435 9
- Capital Gains Relief 86 3
- Companies House praise 219 1
- Tax Penalty overreaction 2,045 14
- Advice on letting a client go ? 621 11
- client can't/won't pay 1,550 27
- Most cr*p bank account ever? 147 1
- Directors NIC's 174 5
- VAT field when booking bills for organisations on VAT FRS 72 1
- Entrepreneurs relief 155 2
- Declaration of interest 192 7
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 875
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 569
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 533
- Latest phishing scam 469
- Entrepreneurs' relief 412
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 338
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 317
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 239
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 227
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 163