Best way to buy business premises / building?
I’m wishing to advise a new client on the purchase of a green grocer and its premises.
Building to be purchased at £175k and business £25k.
Father and son partnership (well, to be partnership or limited). Building to be mortgaged.
What’s the most tax efficient way to buy the building?
Building is the shop premises and has a domestic flat to rent upstairs.
Now, if your recommendation is to buy the building through a pension scheme then this is where I have no experience. Please give details. How would I go about it? Who manages the scheme?
Look forward to your thoughts.
- Group Audits 94 1
- VAT Invoice 268 7
- VAT on sale of an Asset 124 1
- Cash in Hand 223 3
- Buy to let and capitak gain 220 5
- are receipts needed? 651 17
- SA302's anyone?? 637 18
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 346 8
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 178 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 364 12
- Busines software 207 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 227 6
- Converting a barn for business use 195 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 328 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 336 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 507 10
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 358 3
- Bookkeping software 746 7
- Clogged Losses 295 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 292 9
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 913
- International interest certificate 527
- NOVA 376
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 339
- Management expenses for investment company 280
- Bonus Bonds 279
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 188
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 174
- EXACT ONLINE 174
- P11D benefit received by widow 171