Best way to buy business premises / building?
I’m wishing to advise a new client on the purchase of a green grocer and its premises.
Building to be purchased at £175k and business £25k.
Father and son partnership (well, to be partnership or limited). Building to be mortgaged.
What’s the most tax efficient way to buy the building?
Building is the shop premises and has a domestic flat to rent upstairs.
Now, if your recommendation is to buy the building through a pension scheme then this is where I have no experience. Please give details. How would I go about it? Who manages the scheme?
Look forward to your thoughts.
- Tips on meals 440 4
- co-operatives & Societies 47 1
- Entrepreneur relief and deduction of Amortisation of Goodwill Pre2002 328 13
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 540 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 1,166 20
- Xerocon 2016 1,448 40
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 181 4
- Website Content 428 6
- Company restructure - Share valuation, ERS and PAYE 173 3
- Closing down loss-making company 653 11
- Directors in dispute 122 1
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 692 12
- Incorporated company charity 138 2
- property capital gains 335 3
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 438 5
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 428 2
- Director owns 47% of shares in company A and 100% of shares in Company B. Is Company B a participator in Company A for S455 purposes? 258 2
- Stumped - IHT 489 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 591 12
- Transferring DLA between Directors 399 3