Best way to buy business premises / building?
I’m wishing to advise a new client on the purchase of a green grocer and its premises.
Building to be purchased at £175k and business £25k.
Father and son partnership (well, to be partnership or limited). Building to be mortgaged.
What’s the most tax efficient way to buy the building?
Building is the shop premises and has a domestic flat to rent upstairs.
Now, if your recommendation is to buy the building through a pension scheme then this is where I have no experience. Please give details. How would I go about it? Who manages the scheme?
Look forward to your thoughts.
- Which tax returns can I submit? 137 4
- Cocaine anyone? 879 14
- HMRC property income enquiry 437 10
- How much does the company pay 794 34
- Proof of identification 102 2
- Anyone else still working this week? 447 14
- When to provide S419 tax in the accounts 129 4
- Sole Trader change of accounting date 119 1
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 294 5
- Using home as clients registered address 208 4
- Childcare vouchers 366 8
- Is this a qualifying loan for interest deductions? 88 2
- New Enterprise Allowance 84 1
- VAT Notice 700/64 - claiming VAT on motor repairs 79 1
- two business from one premises 187 3
- VAT transfer on going concern on incorporation 62 1
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 248 4
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 367 4
- Merry Christmas 146 2
- THEATRE SHOW - HIRE - VAT PAYABLE ON TICKET SALES 104 3
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 509
- corporate hierarchy 478
- Advice - 328
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 277
- WWOOFers 266
- The booking.com con 250
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 248
- Cocaine anyone? 234
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 226
- UK State pension paid in NZ 178