Best way to buy business premises / building?
I’m wishing to advise a new client on the purchase of a green grocer and its premises.
Building to be purchased at £175k and business £25k.
Father and son partnership (well, to be partnership or limited). Building to be mortgaged.
What’s the most tax efficient way to buy the building?
Building is the shop premises and has a domestic flat to rent upstairs.
Now, if your recommendation is to buy the building through a pension scheme then this is where I have no experience. Please give details. How would I go about it? Who manages the scheme?
Look forward to your thoughts.
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 163 3
- FPS or EPS 26 1
- What do you all do in your spare time? 749 31
- Personal allowance 652 15
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 147 2
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 1,901 16
- Does Members voluntary liquidation require change of year end 108 2
- Google contacts sharing within our domain 422 6
- New Fangled Penalties 1,105 1
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 288 3
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 379 10
- VAT on employee loan 299 5
- Taking over from an on-line accounting firm. Any ideas? 956 18
- Charging VAT on a company loan ?. 157 2
- Accountants website 393 5
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 174 5
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 486 8
- Threshold company limited by guarantee. 108 1
- Retrospective VAT Claim 123 1
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,417 20
- Moving away from CCH software 940
- QROP pension input amounts 433
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 375
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 348
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 314
- fraud 273
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 243
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 215
- Construction CIS LLP Company 200
- EPS and CIS deductions 188