Best way to buy business premises / building?
I’m wishing to advise a new client on the purchase of a green grocer and its premises.
Building to be purchased at £175k and business £25k.
Father and son partnership (well, to be partnership or limited). Building to be mortgaged.
What’s the most tax efficient way to buy the building?
Building is the shop premises and has a domestic flat to rent upstairs.
Now, if your recommendation is to buy the building through a pension scheme then this is where I have no experience. Please give details. How would I go about it? Who manages the scheme?
Look forward to your thoughts.
- HELP CT Return filed but doesnt match up HMRC's AP 57 3
- Insurance payout 14 1
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 499 11
- RTI / P11d 112 2
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,062 21
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 597 17
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 234 9
- Windows 7 to 8 should I go Excel or Office 365 347 3
- No more tax returns... 1,024 11
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 491 8
- Company Share Buy Back 262 7
- Sage 200 question 172 3
- P11d query 148 3
- RTI and Advances to Employees 259 4
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 322 5
- Transactions in land 80 2
- 64-8 problems 430 6
- Time values in Excel 82 2
- Company car in the LLP 274 4
- flat rate scheme 2,024 39