Best way to buy business premises / building?
I’m wishing to advise a new client on the purchase of a green grocer and its premises.
Building to be purchased at £175k and business £25k.
Father and son partnership (well, to be partnership or limited). Building to be mortgaged.
What’s the most tax efficient way to buy the building?
Building is the shop premises and has a domestic flat to rent upstairs.
Now, if your recommendation is to buy the building through a pension scheme then this is where I have no experience. Please give details. How would I go about it? Who manages the scheme?
Look forward to your thoughts.
- Value pricing 440 15
- SDLT - transfer of land into newco 95 4
- Personal Service Company 75 2
- Enforcing A CCJ 155 3
- Employment Allowance - Doctors Private Secretaries 80 1
- SA Return issued after P800 received 99 5
- Multiple PAYE Schemes 72 1
- More than one Employment Allowance ? 98 1
- Auto enrolment 253 4
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,160 25
- Sage Payroll 186 8
- Sale of shares and ER 65 2
- Laptop purchase 1,138 19
- VAT on Gaming Machines 242 1
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 121 3
- VAT 91 1
- Auto enrolment 332 5
- Adjusting over-provision of Corporation Tax in previous year 127 4
- Fee's for P11D's 167 1
- Undeclared Self Employment 1,799 14
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 753
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 513
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 381
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 359
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 271
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 209
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 208
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 187
- Director Loan account operation 180
- vat return 155