Best way to buy business premises / building?
I’m wishing to advise a new client on the purchase of a green grocer and its premises.
Building to be purchased at £175k and business £25k.
Father and son partnership (well, to be partnership or limited). Building to be mortgaged.
What’s the most tax efficient way to buy the building?
Building is the shop premises and has a domestic flat to rent upstairs.
Now, if your recommendation is to buy the building through a pension scheme then this is where I have no experience. Please give details. How would I go about it? Who manages the scheme?
Look forward to your thoughts.
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 232 2
- format cell to exclude decimals 236 14
- SUSPECTED OR INVALID BENEFIT FRAUD 156 2
- Inheritance Tax and the 7 Year rule for property as a gift 80 1
- Client needs a UK tax residency certificate for Spanish tax authorities 70 2
- IT advisory questions? 385 11
- Homing sandwiches 778 18
- Direct debit entry query 126 4
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 754 12
- Can you help me spot errors? 174 2
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,146 18
- Acounting Courses 99 1
- Mileage allowance payment via payroll 120 2
- signature required 817 30
- Suspected or Invalid Employment Support Allowance fraud 327 6
- Stock Control System for Ecommerce Website 263 2
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 99 1
- When to leave the VAT FRS 147 6
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 222 2
- Use of home query 397 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,290
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 845
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 536
- Digita Hosted Software 351
- Credit where credit's due....... 328
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 251
- TheTax Donut 211
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 177
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 156
- Director's business mileage 138