Best way to buy business premises / building?
I’m wishing to advise a new client on the purchase of a green grocer and its premises.
Building to be purchased at £175k and business £25k.
Father and son partnership (well, to be partnership or limited). Building to be mortgaged.
What’s the most tax efficient way to buy the building?
Building is the shop premises and has a domestic flat to rent upstairs.
Now, if your recommendation is to buy the building through a pension scheme then this is where I have no experience. Please give details. How would I go about it? Who manages the scheme?
Look forward to your thoughts.
- Dividend in specie 208 6
- Lorry Drivers 123 2
- Redundancy payment added to p45 16 1
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 67 1
- Mexican student in UK 107 2
- PI insurance for Auto Enrolment 182 3
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 281 12
- payroll software 81 1
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 1,037 25
- Complicated Company car purchase 78 1
- Pricing 324 10
- Late VAT registration penalty 237 5
- Partially exempt? 224 7
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 142 7
- VAT 111 2
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 845 18
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 636 7
- Rental Income Tax Planning 207 3
- Vat 100 2
- Auto-Enrolment 3,845 184
- Skandia using wrong address 473
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 274
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 267
- Employee rewards 256
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 217
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 215
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 210
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 200
- Etax Australian 169
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 157