Best way to buy business premises / building?
I’m wishing to advise a new client on the purchase of a green grocer and its premises.
Building to be purchased at £175k and business £25k.
Father and son partnership (well, to be partnership or limited). Building to be mortgaged.
What’s the most tax efficient way to buy the building?
Building is the shop premises and has a domestic flat to rent upstairs.
Now, if your recommendation is to buy the building through a pension scheme then this is where I have no experience. Please give details. How would I go about it? Who manages the scheme?
Look forward to your thoughts.
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 847 23
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 236 6
- SA302 185 3
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 104 1
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 1,060 56
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 256 2
- Dental practice incorpration 118 1
- Audit rules 154 4
- Go Cardless 267 8
- business entertaining deductibility 133 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 153 2
- R & D 105 3
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 83 1
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 111 2
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 169 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 159 1
- New Business Registration 220 5
- Hosted email exchange 137 4
- Excel formula for UK corporation tax including losses 153 1
- G P life time allowance 125 3
- Xtuple 502
- Qtac payroll for bureau 336
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 281
- Industrial & Provident Societies 277
- Mehjoo 221
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 218
- New strategic report 173
- Domain name sale and limited company 159
- South African Government Pension 156
- CIS schemes 151