Best way to buy business premises / building?
I’m wishing to advise a new client on the purchase of a green grocer and its premises.
Building to be purchased at £175k and business £25k.
Father and son partnership (well, to be partnership or limited). Building to be mortgaged.
What’s the most tax efficient way to buy the building?
Building is the shop premises and has a domestic flat to rent upstairs.
Now, if your recommendation is to buy the building through a pension scheme then this is where I have no experience. Please give details. How would I go about it? Who manages the scheme?
Look forward to your thoughts.
- Output tax for retailer 206 5
- HMRC Unpaid Debt Collector 324 7
- Formating cells in Excel 117 2
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 160 4
- What expenses to claim for painter/decorator working from home base 115 2
- Takeover of Annual PAYE scheme 166 3
- Relocation expense claim 126 1
- ICAS GPPM 84 1
- Payroll 275 7
- Buying fees 709 5
- IHT Query 449 11
- Audit and paypal balances 185 7
- Missing C79 168 5
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 496 16
- VAT margin scheme 277 14
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 326 8
- How to walk away without questions 2,768 17
- Get it off your chest 276 4
- Directors bonus 182 2
- Auto Enrolment specialist service provider 127 1
- Possible Partnership? 562
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 558
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 485
- New Fangled Penalties 362
- Clubs and Taxable Income 297
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 281
- Loans to other companies 224
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 217
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 185
- Outsource Data Entry 183