Best way to buy business premises / building?
I’m wishing to advise a new client on the purchase of a green grocer and its premises.
Building to be purchased at £175k and business £25k.
Father and son partnership (well, to be partnership or limited). Building to be mortgaged.
What’s the most tax efficient way to buy the building?
Building is the shop premises and has a domestic flat to rent upstairs.
Now, if your recommendation is to buy the building through a pension scheme then this is where I have no experience. Please give details. How would I go about it? Who manages the scheme?
Look forward to your thoughts.
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 210 14
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 525 6
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 106 7
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 442 9
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 271 4
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 98 2
- Limited company buying a car 110 3
- ACCA practice certificates 480 5
- Limited company buying director's car 277 10
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 60 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 67 1
- WC's and capital allowances 169 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 293 13
- Dress code 1,534 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 473 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 250 6
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 367 4
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 466 23
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 167 4
- Loan Repayment on Invoice 100 3
- CTA study material 765
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 476
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 394
- Employment related securities question 307
- AIM Stocks and IHT 279
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 256
- Expat pension contributions? 255
- Trust for Employee 233
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 168
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 146