Best way to buy business premises / building?
I’m wishing to advise a new client on the purchase of a green grocer and its premises.
Building to be purchased at £175k and business £25k.
Father and son partnership (well, to be partnership or limited). Building to be mortgaged.
What’s the most tax efficient way to buy the building?
Building is the shop premises and has a domestic flat to rent upstairs.
Now, if your recommendation is to buy the building through a pension scheme then this is where I have no experience. Please give details. How would I go about it? Who manages the scheme?
Look forward to your thoughts.
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 69 2
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 2,012 28
- VAT on cashback card handling fee 149 2
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 288 11
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 658 21
- What is the reasoning behind HMRC letter re high income child benefit charge? 568 10
- We accountants are not the only ones!! 659 4
- Your fondest calculator memories 1,256 45
- practice planning 196 3
- Accounts Software 739 19
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 505 14
- Dividend Vouchers 392 5
- Gift to employee 425 14
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 181 3
- MS Surface Pro 3 183 2
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 1,134 37
- Child and Working Tax Credits and sudden increase in investment income - does this trigger a claw back? 198 3
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 169 1
- Question re Career choice... 1,686 10
- Which address 1,096 12
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 494
- CTA study material 470
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 345
- Pre incorp expenses 329
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 279
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 269
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 217
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 173
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 146
- Employment related securities question 132