BIK when director is outside UK for part of the year
I have a director that is UK resident for tax purposes, and stays in Finland every weekend. He also spends a lot of time out of the country on business.
He has the benefit of a company car from his UK company, on which he declares a full BIK.
My question is, as he only spends a proportion of his time here, is he liable for the full BIK, or can it be restricted? I appreciate it is "available for private use" all year round, but he is quite obviously not using it if he is outside of the UK.
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 64 1
- Networking 302 5
- Turnover on a tax return 442 10
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,202 33
- VAT refund 261 2
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 256 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 284 4
- Corrupt excel .XLSX file 106 1
- incorrect old p60 503 13
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 321 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 237 2
- IT Contractor 275 1
- Sage instant account codes 178 1
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 275 1
- Cashflow forecasting software 325 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,963 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 335 4
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 308 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 287 3
- Missing tax return 423 4