BIK when director is outside UK for part of the year
I have a director that is UK resident for tax purposes, and stays in Finland every weekend. He also spends a lot of time out of the country on business.
He has the benefit of a company car from his UK company, on which he declares a full BIK.
My question is, as he only spends a proportion of his time here, is he liable for the full BIK, or can it be restricted? I appreciate it is "available for private use" all year round, but he is quite obviously not using it if he is outside of the UK.
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 148 4
- Old CGT loss 231 4
- Limited company purchase of property 457 1
- Bulk submissions to Companies House 455 2
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 962 14
- Trade creditor journal 59 1
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 391 9
- How much of your work is admin? 640 6
- HMRC Distraint 92 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 140 2
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 221 3
- Running two businesses from the same premises 418 5
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,370 42
- Nominal Ledger 396 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 598 20
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 192 2
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 222 3
- Paper tax return 178 4
- Start up allowance? 393 12
- Will I need to resign? 255 1