BIK when director is outside UK for part of the year
I have a director that is UK resident for tax purposes, and stays in Finland every weekend. He also spends a lot of time out of the country on business.
He has the benefit of a company car from his UK company, on which he declares a full BIK.
My question is, as he only spends a proportion of his time here, is he liable for the full BIK, or can it be restricted? I appreciate it is "available for private use" all year round, but he is quite obviously not using it if he is outside of the UK.
- Owner director gym membership 93 2
- Do I need to register for VAT 124 11
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 1,514 32
- J10 - stock transfer form 15 1
- Exemption from CGT 342 5
- Invoices raised after company dissolution 58 3
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,445 35
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 237 4
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 68 1
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,195 22
- Travelling expenses 48 1
- VAT - Check on clients business 685 28
- Compare 2 lists 1,698 31
- Amend a 2010/11 return 222 2
- Advanced SMP, but employee returns to work early 242 2
- Capital Gains 223 2
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 138 2
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 240 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,171 22
- ACCA Practising Certificate Holder 469 6