Billing HMRC direct?
Someone mentioned recently they had billed HMRC direct for wasting there time rather then going through the old routine of billing a client, collecting a cheque and the client applying for reimbursement. Please could they post here or PM me exactly how they approached HMRC to do this.
I have just had a revision to a 2010-11 tax calculation to collect £1k that had already been collected in 2009-10 'Because the underpayment was in the tax code for 2010-11' As though the bl**dy tax codes were infallible and we just made up numbers on the tax return.
I am still angry.
- AAT before CIMA? 30 1
- trading losses allowable? 694 13
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 392 9
- Community Faux Pas 706 24
- Tax Fines - HMRC 701 11
- Shared Network Drive on the Cloud 45 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 829 34
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 249 9
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 130 6
- Here we go.... 770 25
- Capital Gains 316 6
- Probate services 284 3
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR)? 132 1
- Salary Sacrifce School Fees Self Assessment 275 11
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 637 21
- Group relief for CT 122 2
- Practical experience 767 14
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,250 23
- How do others remember to do things you promise for different clients? What systems? 1,511 32
- Which VAT rate to use 143 1