Is a bonus taxable?
I have a client who has asked this question that I am unsure of the answer, can anyone help?
There is one special situation on which I’d like your advice.
We lived in Korea throughout the tax year. In May 2011 I was paid a special bonus of 50k. This was based upon my employer earnings and cashflow during their financial year 2010 (during which I was employed in Korea and was a non-resident for tax purposes). Do I need to include this on my tax return? (company tax adviser has said that I should include a % based upon the fact that the original bonus scheme was set up before I left the UK).
- Sage Priority Support 131 3
- incorrect old p60 234 5
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 100 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 793 24
- Micro-entity accounts 65 1
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 962 26
- Related party disclosure 120 3
- Inflation and fees 1,282 23
- Company reconstruction 62 1
- Missing tax return 238 3
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 207 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 92 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 131 1
- Advice please! 381 2
- VAT on new builds 145 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 113 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 341 6
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,931 28
- Redundancy Pay 444 6
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 731 6