Is a bonus taxable?
I have a client who has asked this question that I am unsure of the answer, can anyone help?
There is one special situation on which I’d like your advice.
We lived in Korea throughout the tax year. In May 2011 I was paid a special bonus of 50k. This was based upon my employer earnings and cashflow during their financial year 2010 (during which I was employed in Korea and was a non-resident for tax purposes). Do I need to include this on my tax return? (company tax adviser has said that I should include a % based upon the fact that the original bonus scheme was set up before I left the UK).
- CT600 Software - anyone else having issues? 343 8
- charity selling (donated) recycled materials & for scrap- VAT? 87 1
- FACTA form help with CRS definitions for SSAS 147 1
- Disengagement Help! 475 14
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR)? 224 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,544 33
- Earings from Gardening after retirement 40 1
- Software that posts COGS? 607 14
- Xerocon 2016 564 10
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 262 6
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 526 20
- SDLT 202 6
- Maternity and claining expenses 144 4
- sale/transfer of shares in a private limited company to a related holding company 118 4
- Employment allowance changes 331 7
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 759 34
- Here we go.... 1,017 26
- An IT question 204 5
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 2,242 39
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 790 13