Bookeeping for different industry sectors
Are some sectors easier to do the bookeeping than others?
Note I am not talking about simple one man band type businesses but ones employing a few people who maybe want their bookeeping doing.
Eg I would characterise retail and leisure/hotel/restaurant as quite difficult due to the need to reconcile cash takings and also keep tabs on credit card receipts. Most software packages need a bit of adapting in respect of the latter.
Also construction industry clients due to the need to process CIS both in respect of customers and subbies paid by the client. This I find a real chore tbh, with all the deadlines and opportunities to cock-up.
Conversly I find both service industry and wholesale clients pretty easy as its just sales ledger, purchase ledger and salaries.
Any other partuicularly good or bad industries?
- Deferring dividends on paper 57 4
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 105 1
- flat rate scheme 2,263 42
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 127 4
- Family Partnership 211 5
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 37 1
- P11D Car Value 231 6
- Signed accounts for bank 597 12
- NOVA declaration 87 1
- Business valuation advice 696 18
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,462 16
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,212 23
- Can anybody recommend any software 252 2
- Stand alone practice management software 2,089 26
- 2011 Self Assessment Tax return form 145 1
- dividend date - whose income is it? 371 5
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 785 11
- HMRC Postal Delays 427 10
- Legal advisor recommendation please 319 5
- Closure of PAYE scheme 233 2