Bookeeping for different industry sectors
Are some sectors easier to do the bookeeping than others?
Note I am not talking about simple one man band type businesses but ones employing a few people who maybe want their bookeeping doing.
Eg I would characterise retail and leisure/hotel/restaurant as quite difficult due to the need to reconcile cash takings and also keep tabs on credit card receipts. Most software packages need a bit of adapting in respect of the latter.
Also construction industry clients due to the need to process CIS both in respect of customers and subbies paid by the client. This I find a real chore tbh, with all the deadlines and opportunities to cock-up.
Conversly I find both service industry and wholesale clients pretty easy as its just sales ledger, purchase ledger and salaries.
Any other partuicularly good or bad industries?
- Goodie bag 1,635 54
- CIS monthly returns 208 3
- can I approach clients ? 454 9
- Self-employed or Ltd Company or seek employment 158 1
- Retrospectively change VAT scheme? 167 3
- Can interest received be netted against interest paid in this scenario? 153 2
- Film Actors - Averaging? 346 9
- Paying Harvest casuals and casual beaters 225 3
- FreeAgent question 131 2
- Husband Wife let property 362 9
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 509 12
- Output tax for retailer 324 8
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 299 3
- 13-14 Payroll return needs to be filed 145 2
- Payroll Software & Auto Enrolement 145 1
- CT600 Advice 159 1
- Fair Value Accounting 87 1
- Client incurring expenses on company car 174 4
- Companies House Penalties 176 2
- Apostille documents 129 2
- Possible Partnership? 646
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 522
- New Fangled Penalties 451
- Fuming! 392
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 321
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 262
- Outsource Data Entry 245
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 239
- Moving away from CCH software 234
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 179