Bookeeping for different industry sectors
Are some sectors easier to do the bookeeping than others?
Note I am not talking about simple one man band type businesses but ones employing a few people who maybe want their bookeeping doing.
Eg I would characterise retail and leisure/hotel/restaurant as quite difficult due to the need to reconcile cash takings and also keep tabs on credit card receipts. Most software packages need a bit of adapting in respect of the latter.
Also construction industry clients due to the need to process CIS both in respect of customers and subbies paid by the client. This I find a real chore tbh, with all the deadlines and opportunities to cock-up.
Conversly I find both service industry and wholesale clients pretty easy as its just sales ledger, purchase ledger and salaries.
Any other partuicularly good or bad industries?
- Professional Clearance 215 6
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 278 1
- Sage Instant cash based flat rate 136 4
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 51 1
- Introduction of Goodwill 468 13
- CIC accounts submission 158 4
- Zero Rated Catering delivery charges 108 5
- do i pay vat when buying a business 245 17
- are receipts needed? 371 12
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 617 21
- New accountant 519 9
- Santander Scrip Dividend Scheme 228 3
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,071 67
- Working out a daily rate 318 7
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 607 9
- Loss Relief 157 2
- Tax case reference request 241 3
- How to? 164 1
- Cheque alternative - letter to HMRC re undeclared income 204 1
- Amending prior year accounts for the first time? 1,420 25
- Skandia using wrong address 1,592
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 886
- International interest certificate 495
- NOVA 352
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 256
- Management expenses for investment company 244
- Bonus Bonds 243
- Help with tax codes on Sage 188
- Capital reduction 175
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 151