Bookeeping for different industry sectors
Are some sectors easier to do the bookeeping than others?
Note I am not talking about simple one man band type businesses but ones employing a few people who maybe want their bookeeping doing.
Eg I would characterise retail and leisure/hotel/restaurant as quite difficult due to the need to reconcile cash takings and also keep tabs on credit card receipts. Most software packages need a bit of adapting in respect of the latter.
Also construction industry clients due to the need to process CIS both in respect of customers and subbies paid by the client. This I find a real chore tbh, with all the deadlines and opportunities to cock-up.
Conversly I find both service industry and wholesale clients pretty easy as its just sales ledger, purchase ledger and salaries.
Any other partuicularly good or bad industries?
- Dividend dates 539 10
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 93 3
- Sole properietor 131 4
- transitioning payroll 213 8
- dividend proposals 66 2
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 211 2
- Deduction from Salary 274 8
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 170 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,692 60
- Child Tax Credits - date of cessation of qualifying young person 73 2
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 426 10
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 153 2
- 12 Pay Problems 242 3
- VAT online filing exemptions 234 3
- Mutual trading organisation has chargeable gain 86 1
- Redudancy 82 1
- Redundancy pay for directors? 476 13
- VAT - Recharge 92 2
- Should Spanish VAT apply ? 352 4
- Legal title not in the company name 233 9
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 621
- Cancelled 362
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 342
- Cancelled 308
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 281
- Probiz 270
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 227
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 226
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 202
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 174