Bookeeping for different industry sectors
Are some sectors easier to do the bookeeping than others?
Note I am not talking about simple one man band type businesses but ones employing a few people who maybe want their bookeeping doing.
Eg I would characterise retail and leisure/hotel/restaurant as quite difficult due to the need to reconcile cash takings and also keep tabs on credit card receipts. Most software packages need a bit of adapting in respect of the latter.
Also construction industry clients due to the need to process CIS both in respect of customers and subbies paid by the client. This I find a real chore tbh, with all the deadlines and opportunities to cock-up.
Conversly I find both service industry and wholesale clients pretty easy as its just sales ledger, purchase ledger and salaries.
Any other partuicularly good or bad industries?
- no utr 127 6
- LLP formed in 2013 33 1
- Tax Returns for non residents 101 1
- client can't/won't pay 2,042 47
- Capital Loss 26 2
- Anybody still doing returns? 289 9
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 65 2
- Clothing 453 11
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 196 8
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 132 7
- Practice management 423 8
- Interest on pre-letting? 105 4
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,666 44
- Will simplified micro entities accounts result in loss of business ? 1,692 22
- Rent a room scheme query. 225 4
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 305 13
- Why do I do this every year 575 13
- HMRC filing meltdown? 733 24
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 341 5
- Self assesment online 1,075 13
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 941
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 658
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 608
- Latest phishing scam 588
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 426
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 319
- Scratch Head 254
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 243
- Sabbatical payments 208
- Negligible Value Claim 185