Bookeeping for different industry sectors
Are some sectors easier to do the bookeeping than others?
Note I am not talking about simple one man band type businesses but ones employing a few people who maybe want their bookeeping doing.
Eg I would characterise retail and leisure/hotel/restaurant as quite difficult due to the need to reconcile cash takings and also keep tabs on credit card receipts. Most software packages need a bit of adapting in respect of the latter.
Also construction industry clients due to the need to process CIS both in respect of customers and subbies paid by the client. This I find a real chore tbh, with all the deadlines and opportunities to cock-up.
Conversly I find both service industry and wholesale clients pretty easy as its just sales ledger, purchase ledger and salaries.
Any other partuicularly good or bad industries?
- Sole Trader to Ltd 11 1
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 417 13
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 583 8
- VT accounts licence key 356 6
- Starting up in practice - safety net 384 9
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 468 10
- Opening balances Sage 50 27 1
- Flat rate vat 322 4
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 233 6
- Rental property company 176 2
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 168 2
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,470 27
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,199 35
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 401 11
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 312 4
- Payroo Employer allowance query 287 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 408 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 229 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 217 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 166 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 832
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 575
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 449
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 323
- Free Tax Legislation? 302
- Director Loan account operation 284
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 270
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 262
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 244
- Paye procedures for CVA 184