Bookeeping for different industry sectors
Are some sectors easier to do the bookeeping than others?
Note I am not talking about simple one man band type businesses but ones employing a few people who maybe want their bookeeping doing.
Eg I would characterise retail and leisure/hotel/restaurant as quite difficult due to the need to reconcile cash takings and also keep tabs on credit card receipts. Most software packages need a bit of adapting in respect of the latter.
Also construction industry clients due to the need to process CIS both in respect of customers and subbies paid by the client. This I find a real chore tbh, with all the deadlines and opportunities to cock-up.
Conversly I find both service industry and wholesale clients pretty easy as its just sales ledger, purchase ledger and salaries.
Any other partuicularly good or bad industries?
- Direct Debit - no receipts 280 5
- What is the best, tax efficient way to sell 40% shares in your start-up business for approx £1m 312 3
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,938 449
- What is the role of an accountant? 1,757 23
- VAT and gap in trading of uncertain length 130 1
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,724 10
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 553 9
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 312 6
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,338 63
- Freehold or Investment Property 108 1
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 858 8
- capital gains on PPR 287 14
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 383 14
- Claiming depreciation on a company vehicle 249 7
- Company expansion 135 1
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 402 6
- Pension Contributions Relief 516 15
- 100% Xero practice 2,488 46
- Fees for Property Tax Return 291 6
- Can I calculate a total amount on my freelance tax relief? 225 1
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,321
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 482
- National Insurance 374
- Non Resident 298
- Franchise income and costs 265
- Hands on experience of Digita 218
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 192
- Employer's Helpline 168
- employment capital allowances 165
- CIS paid under reg 9 159