Bookeeping for different industry sectors
Are some sectors easier to do the bookeeping than others?
Note I am not talking about simple one man band type businesses but ones employing a few people who maybe want their bookeeping doing.
Eg I would characterise retail and leisure/hotel/restaurant as quite difficult due to the need to reconcile cash takings and also keep tabs on credit card receipts. Most software packages need a bit of adapting in respect of the latter.
Also construction industry clients due to the need to process CIS both in respect of customers and subbies paid by the client. This I find a real chore tbh, with all the deadlines and opportunities to cock-up.
Conversly I find both service industry and wholesale clients pretty easy as its just sales ledger, purchase ledger and salaries.
Any other partuicularly good or bad industries?
- Tax on grant a lease - no proceeds 106 1
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 280 1
- ACCA practice certificates 55 1
- Accounts submitted to a the charities comission 192 3
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 1,086 32
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 168 2
- What would you do in this situation? 689 14
- Dress code 509 13
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 527 16
- Project being run jointly 216 3
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 320 4
- Companies House 617 9
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 383 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 742 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,454 25
- Help Required 435 10
- directors control and tax problems 330 5
- Fastest Software 813 13
- What's in a name ? 423 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 338 4
- CTA study material 718
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 441
- Employment related securities question 278
- AIM Stocks and IHT 256
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 238
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 219
- Expat pension contributions? 209
- Trust for Employee 207
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 191
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 125