Bookeeping for different industry sectors
Are some sectors easier to do the bookeeping than others?
Note I am not talking about simple one man band type businesses but ones employing a few people who maybe want their bookeeping doing.
Eg I would characterise retail and leisure/hotel/restaurant as quite difficult due to the need to reconcile cash takings and also keep tabs on credit card receipts. Most software packages need a bit of adapting in respect of the latter.
Also construction industry clients due to the need to process CIS both in respect of customers and subbies paid by the client. This I find a real chore tbh, with all the deadlines and opportunities to cock-up.
Conversly I find both service industry and wholesale clients pretty easy as its just sales ledger, purchase ledger and salaries.
Any other partuicularly good or bad industries?
- Retrospective VAT Claim 70 1
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 315 9
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,383 20
- SAGE 50 PAYROLL YEAR END 202 5
- What do you all do in your spare time? 577 26
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 366 6
- Can software startup claim VAT refund during development? 143 6
- Tax implications on building an 'office' 188 2
- VAT on employee loan 240 2
- VT Final Accounts puts "Cost of Sales - Carriage" and "Cost of Sales - Other Costs" into "Other Costs". Is that compulsory? It seems mad. 172 3
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 698 18
- Partial PPR relief to non-resident after 05 Apr 2015 145 1
- Purchased Goodwill 101 1
- Accounting Package for Projects 72 2
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 91 1
- Are accountants keeping up with the pace of change? 202 4
- Recruitment agencies 582 1
- Do you charge fee or % for Successful appeal against HMRC penalties? 517 20
- Letting Agents - requirement for audit of clients accounts 268 9
- HMRC RANT!!!! 489 8
- New Fangled Penalties 1,076
- Moving away from CCH software 929
- QROP pension input amounts 424
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 370
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 337
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 309
- fraud 262
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 235
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 209
- Construction CIS LLP Company 189