Bookeeping for different industry sectors
Are some sectors easier to do the bookeeping than others?
Note I am not talking about simple one man band type businesses but ones employing a few people who maybe want their bookeeping doing.
Eg I would characterise retail and leisure/hotel/restaurant as quite difficult due to the need to reconcile cash takings and also keep tabs on credit card receipts. Most software packages need a bit of adapting in respect of the latter.
Also construction industry clients due to the need to process CIS both in respect of customers and subbies paid by the client. This I find a real chore tbh, with all the deadlines and opportunities to cock-up.
Conversly I find both service industry and wholesale clients pretty easy as its just sales ledger, purchase ledger and salaries.
Any other partuicularly good or bad industries?
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 300 7
- Where has Portia gone? 1,450 61
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 70 1
- Merging my businesses 57 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,661 73
- Spousal transfer and PPR 509 16
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 100 4
- VAT on commercial property 104 3
- Rogue Accountant 2,994 49
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 226 4
- deceased creditor 160 5
- Corporate member of LLP 269 1
- Investment company 264 6
- Error or mistake in CT return 328 1
- Penalty on dormant CT600 prior to trading 208 1
- HMRC computer behind the times 364 3
- Sage & IRIS Payroll Employee ID. Problem Using Old Ee ID's? 96 1
- Transfer of stock 360 12
- Holiday entitlement 546 10
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 346 7
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 779
- RTI - duplicate employee record 528
- Pensions Regulator 443
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 401
- Sage Vat return box 2 305
- Sanzar 301
- Digital marketing focus group 282
- How do you do it 270
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 237
- Report old income 236