Bookeeping for different industry sectors
Are some sectors easier to do the bookeeping than others?
Note I am not talking about simple one man band type businesses but ones employing a few people who maybe want their bookeeping doing.
Eg I would characterise retail and leisure/hotel/restaurant as quite difficult due to the need to reconcile cash takings and also keep tabs on credit card receipts. Most software packages need a bit of adapting in respect of the latter.
Also construction industry clients due to the need to process CIS both in respect of customers and subbies paid by the client. This I find a real chore tbh, with all the deadlines and opportunities to cock-up.
Conversly I find both service industry and wholesale clients pretty easy as its just sales ledger, purchase ledger and salaries.
Any other partuicularly good or bad industries?
- Xerocon 2016 982 23
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 180 5
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,175 40
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 197 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 568 12
- Personal Tax 463 11
- USA Tax Query 131 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,652 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 932 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 243 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 590 18
- Corrupt Excel File 671 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 342 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,962 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 287 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 390 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 149 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 282 4
- last minute request 486 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,250 46