Bookeeping for different industry sectors
Are some sectors easier to do the bookeeping than others?
Note I am not talking about simple one man band type businesses but ones employing a few people who maybe want their bookeeping doing.
Eg I would characterise retail and leisure/hotel/restaurant as quite difficult due to the need to reconcile cash takings and also keep tabs on credit card receipts. Most software packages need a bit of adapting in respect of the latter.
Also construction industry clients due to the need to process CIS both in respect of customers and subbies paid by the client. This I find a real chore tbh, with all the deadlines and opportunities to cock-up.
Conversly I find both service industry and wholesale clients pretty easy as its just sales ledger, purchase ledger and salaries.
Any other partuicularly good or bad industries?
- Incorrect Generic non-filing notice 81 1
- Added years superannuation 69 2
- Giving a seminar 537 30
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 200 1
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 193 9
- JIEB Exams 135 1
- RTI 95 1
- Christmas party 110 1
- Am i Liable? 124 4
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 743 10
- Checking a contract 295 8
- Flat Rate Scheme 311 15
- Altered PAYE cheque 232 5
- deleting customers on Sage 50 161 7
- VAT on garage rent 326 14
- Value-shifting 72 1
- Pattern for CTA 210 4
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 452 18
- SDLT exemptions/reliefs 84 2
- Incorrect Accounts. Is it worth taking action against the old accountant? 243 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,217
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 608
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 407
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 315
- Agent fees to sell business 190
- Alphabet shares 190
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 182
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 176
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 165
- Office recharges 148