Bookeeping for different industry sectors
Are some sectors easier to do the bookeeping than others?
Note I am not talking about simple one man band type businesses but ones employing a few people who maybe want their bookeeping doing.
Eg I would characterise retail and leisure/hotel/restaurant as quite difficult due to the need to reconcile cash takings and also keep tabs on credit card receipts. Most software packages need a bit of adapting in respect of the latter.
Also construction industry clients due to the need to process CIS both in respect of customers and subbies paid by the client. This I find a real chore tbh, with all the deadlines and opportunities to cock-up.
Conversly I find both service industry and wholesale clients pretty easy as its just sales ledger, purchase ledger and salaries.
Any other partuicularly good or bad industries?
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 37 1
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 393 16
- Company separation for Wholesale & Retail businesses 23 1
- Selling a VAT Qualifying vehicle at a loss 20 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 463 15
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 124 5
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 727 11
- Sports Sponsorship 69 1
- New Shareholder and Purchase of Own Share 205 17
- Opt To Tax Refund 202 2
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 141 6
- Is the CT61 return dead? 1,280 14
- Best software for small practice? 571 19
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,247 21
- HMRC Enquiry 452 2
- Car purchase Lease or Buy 178 7
- Notifying HMRC when striking off company that never traded 283 4
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,444 16
- Long/Short Period of Account 180 3
- Another HMRC Cock Up 776 7
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 763
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 452
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 271
- DTA tie-breaker issue 261
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 244
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 222
- CGT for NOn UK residents 216
- Apprenticeship Levy 195
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 190
- Capital Gains personal representatives 181