Bookeeping for different industry sectors
Are some sectors easier to do the bookeeping than others?
Note I am not talking about simple one man band type businesses but ones employing a few people who maybe want their bookeeping doing.
Eg I would characterise retail and leisure/hotel/restaurant as quite difficult due to the need to reconcile cash takings and also keep tabs on credit card receipts. Most software packages need a bit of adapting in respect of the latter.
Also construction industry clients due to the need to process CIS both in respect of customers and subbies paid by the client. This I find a real chore tbh, with all the deadlines and opportunities to cock-up.
Conversly I find both service industry and wholesale clients pretty easy as its just sales ledger, purchase ledger and salaries.
Any other partuicularly good or bad industries?
- Scottish Independance 23 1
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 220 1
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 292 7
- Interest relief before property is rented out 162 3
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 302 12
- Dress code 925 22
- How much did you pay for your website 1,574 27
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax Consultancy 2014 570 4
- Dividend 360 6
- FRS and Debtors 186 2
- What's in a name ? 573 6
- Helping out a friend 462 8
- Problem with CT600 return boxes AC229 & AC230 (Accelerated capital allowances) 240 7
- Use of Home for Sole Trader 415 5
- ACCA practice certificates 362 4
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 1,295 36
- Umbrella Companies 271 3
- Tax on grant a lease - no proceeds 182 2
- What would you do in this situation? 847 15
- Accounts submitted to a the charities comission 340 5
- CTA study material 739
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 458
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 307
- Employment related securities question 294
- AIM Stocks and IHT 268
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 240
- Expat pension contributions? 228
- Trust for Employee 224
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 139
- Wind Turbine - Company or not? 120