Bookeeping for different industry sectors
Are some sectors easier to do the bookeeping than others?
Note I am not talking about simple one man band type businesses but ones employing a few people who maybe want their bookeeping doing.
Eg I would characterise retail and leisure/hotel/restaurant as quite difficult due to the need to reconcile cash takings and also keep tabs on credit card receipts. Most software packages need a bit of adapting in respect of the latter.
Also construction industry clients due to the need to process CIS both in respect of customers and subbies paid by the client. This I find a real chore tbh, with all the deadlines and opportunities to cock-up.
Conversly I find both service industry and wholesale clients pretty easy as its just sales ledger, purchase ledger and salaries.
Any other partuicularly good or bad industries?
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 35 1
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 457 16
- Will I need to resign? 55 1
- Paper tax return 79 3
- Start up allowance? 334 11
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,327 41
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 225 3
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 158 1
- AIA or IFA 420 7
- Surely not? 418 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 622 9
- Running two businesses from the same premises 355 3
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 348 7
- Late Registration for VAT 348 11
- Old CGT loss 169 2
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 260 5
- Nominal Ledger 339 10
- Share structures 138 5
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 2,147 19
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 339 5