Bookeeping for different industry sectors
Are some sectors easier to do the bookeeping than others?
Note I am not talking about simple one man band type businesses but ones employing a few people who maybe want their bookeeping doing.
Eg I would characterise retail and leisure/hotel/restaurant as quite difficult due to the need to reconcile cash takings and also keep tabs on credit card receipts. Most software packages need a bit of adapting in respect of the latter.
Also construction industry clients due to the need to process CIS both in respect of customers and subbies paid by the client. This I find a real chore tbh, with all the deadlines and opportunities to cock-up.
Conversly I find both service industry and wholesale clients pretty easy as its just sales ledger, purchase ledger and salaries.
Any other partuicularly good or bad industries?
- Solicitors Clients Monies 27 1
- Bookkeeping and a/c reconciliation for a members club - advice please 84 4
- AML checks 155 3
- What is IRIS World like? 161 4
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 338 13
- Xero - Should I partner with them 441 9
- Sage import sales invoices with due dates 84 2
- HP VAT with flat rate scheme 123 1
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 473 7
- Micro entity accounts - cessation of trade 91 1
- Spellcheckers 170 1
- How long to process paper 64-8 (SA)? 283 5
- Sage Bank rec 113 1
- ERS reporting - online filing 254 7
- Is business bank account compulsory for all businesses? 157 1
- Transferring debts between company balance sheets. 150 6
- Small Company sold building, how to show in accounts 228 6
- Contract Hire Van, reclaiming input VAT 221 2
- Just for fun. 1,271 46
- Directors Share Purchase 342 14
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 399
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 379
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 359
- Perkbox 335
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 279
- Document Management Systems 272
- WIP Software 261
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 197
- No payroll scheme in place 188
- Nomisma feedback? 185