Bookeeping for different industry sectors
Are some sectors easier to do the bookeeping than others?
Note I am not talking about simple one man band type businesses but ones employing a few people who maybe want their bookeeping doing.
Eg I would characterise retail and leisure/hotel/restaurant as quite difficult due to the need to reconcile cash takings and also keep tabs on credit card receipts. Most software packages need a bit of adapting in respect of the latter.
Also construction industry clients due to the need to process CIS both in respect of customers and subbies paid by the client. This I find a real chore tbh, with all the deadlines and opportunities to cock-up.
Conversly I find both service industry and wholesale clients pretty easy as its just sales ledger, purchase ledger and salaries.
Any other partuicularly good or bad industries?
- CIS registration when already registered for PAYE 47 3
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 75 4
- Is it just me ... 55 1
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 296 10
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 98 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 215 13
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 198 1
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,396 18
- R&D - HMRC Manual 79 2
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 343 14
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 246 5
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,134 27
- How to network with other Accountants? 578 3
- Any reasons for a dissolved company to comply with HMRC requesting Corporation Tax and Tax Returns 531 21
- Advice for new build property 114 3
- Should training costs being reclaimed be deducted from gross or net salary 293 5
- VAT FRS for a Formula 2 Racing Driver 291 8
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 233 3
- Claiming accommodation as employment expense? 157 1
- Sage Line 50 110 2
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 402
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 371
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 349
- Electric Car 286
- S222 Charge 233
- IP trans to holding company 181
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 173
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 165
- AIA 160
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 153