BPRA and CGT
A quick question that I can't find an answer to....
If a claim to Business Premises Renovation Allowance has been made and the property is sold within 7 years, a balancing charge is made but if sold after 7 years there is no BC.
So if the property is sold more than 7 years after BPRA is claimed, is any Capital Gain calculated on (i) the excess of proceeds over the original capital cost of the property only or (ii) the excess of proceeds over the original cost of the property PLUS the renovation costs?
The former seems illogical to the idea that BPRA is an inducement to incur expenditure as it represents a claw-back of the allowance, the latter seems generous.
If the latter, can you point me to the legislation that confirms this?
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 722 26
- What is IRIS World like? 387 10
- Bank request To verify Accounts 32 1
- The stupidity continues 1,112 63
- transactions after account have been closed 280 9
- How to claim subsistence for working away from home 65 1
- Marketing and email surprises 408 8
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 297 5
- Mlom bollocks 155 4
- VT Transactions Stock Issues 69 2
- Non-Europe based but want to do UK taxes 153 1
- AML report needed? 67 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 569 11
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 362 8
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 268 6
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 260 6
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 157 1
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,362 25
- New Employers Helpline 217 4
- Software recommendations 288 1
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 442
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 440
- WIP Software 302
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 291
- No payroll scheme in place 239
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 234
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 213
- Is there anything wrong with this? 209
- Small Part Disposal of Property 195
- Uncommercial property business 185