BPRA and CGT
A quick question that I can't find an answer to....
If a claim to Business Premises Renovation Allowance has been made and the property is sold within 7 years, a balancing charge is made but if sold after 7 years there is no BC.
So if the property is sold more than 7 years after BPRA is claimed, is any Capital Gain calculated on (i) the excess of proceeds over the original capital cost of the property only or (ii) the excess of proceeds over the original cost of the property PLUS the renovation costs?
The former seems illogical to the idea that BPRA is an inducement to incur expenditure as it represents a claw-back of the allowance, the latter seems generous.
If the latter, can you point me to the legislation that confirms this?
- Legal title not in the company name 778 23
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 325 4
- What are options for non CA firm 2,809 59
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 299 8
- Opening Balances 189 2
- 27,000 Really? 1,104 34
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 117 2
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 571 7
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 46 1
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 78 1
- This is getting boring 605 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 247 7
- pension paid by company? 107 3
- inheritance tax 412 12
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 343 9
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 226 4
- State pension 300 3
- Accountancy Career 135 1
- CIC Company 656 13
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,822 22
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 639
- Cancelled 395
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 353
- Cancelled 334
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 308
- Probiz 301
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 279
- How not to compose an email 264
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 258
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 223