BPRA and CGT
A quick question that I can't find an answer to....
If a claim to Business Premises Renovation Allowance has been made and the property is sold within 7 years, a balancing charge is made but if sold after 7 years there is no BC.
So if the property is sold more than 7 years after BPRA is claimed, is any Capital Gain calculated on (i) the excess of proceeds over the original capital cost of the property only or (ii) the excess of proceeds over the original cost of the property PLUS the renovation costs?
The former seems illogical to the idea that BPRA is an inducement to incur expenditure as it represents a claw-back of the allowance, the latter seems generous.
If the latter, can you point me to the legislation that confirms this?
- Mehjoo 299 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 52 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 312 5
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 182 4
- SA302 314 7
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 282 13
- Bringing money to Uk 273 4
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 276 5
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 200 4
- Go Cardless 346 9
- Hmrc software 240 3
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 140 1
- Hosted email exchange 181 5
- South African Government Pension 183 1
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 311 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 315 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 248 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 155 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 301 7
- New Email Extensions 216 1
- Xtuple 513
- Qtac payroll for bureau 352
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 297
- Industrial & Provident Societies 288
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 228
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 195
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 192
- Domain name sale and limited company 173
- CIS schemes 171
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 148