BPRA and CGT
A quick question that I can't find an answer to....
If a claim to Business Premises Renovation Allowance has been made and the property is sold within 7 years, a balancing charge is made but if sold after 7 years there is no BC.
So if the property is sold more than 7 years after BPRA is claimed, is any Capital Gain calculated on (i) the excess of proceeds over the original capital cost of the property only or (ii) the excess of proceeds over the original cost of the property PLUS the renovation costs?
The former seems illogical to the idea that BPRA is an inducement to incur expenditure as it represents a claw-back of the allowance, the latter seems generous.
If the latter, can you point me to the legislation that confirms this?
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 305 9
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,382 20
- SAGE 50 PAYROLL YEAR END 202 5
- What do you all do in your spare time? 569 26
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 360 6
- Can software startup claim VAT refund during development? 139 6
- Tax implications on building an 'office' 187 2
- VAT on employee loan 240 2
- VT Final Accounts puts "Cost of Sales - Carriage" and "Cost of Sales - Other Costs" into "Other Costs". Is that compulsory? It seems mad. 170 3
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 697 18
- Partial PPR relief to non-resident after 05 Apr 2015 145 1
- Purchased Goodwill 98 1
- Accounting Package for Projects 68 2
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 87 1
- Are accountants keeping up with the pace of change? 200 4
- Recruitment agencies 582 1
- Do you charge fee or % for Successful appeal against HMRC penalties? 517 20
- Letting Agents - requirement for audit of clients accounts 267 9
- HMRC RANT!!!! 486 8
- Scams are not always obvious 2,040 33
- New Fangled Penalties 1,075
- Moving away from CCH software 929
- QROP pension input amounts 423
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 370
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 337
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 309
- fraud 262
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 235
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 209
- Construction CIS LLP Company 189