BRITISH Human Rights Act
The government is proposing to replace the Human Rights Act with a BRITISH Human Rights Act.
Presumably the right to a fair trial, freedom of religion, etcetera will remain pretty much the same as they are under the european Act but what rights should we have enshrined in this Act over "the state".
For example, should Accountants have the same rights to claim privalege that solicitors have regarding their client's affairs ?
Should HMRC have any rights to working papers?
What protection should honest citizens have against an over-zealous state, particularly in the form of tax inspectors ?
Indeed, should it be enshrined in law that when tax inspectors make "assessments" the taxpayer should be innocent until PROVEN guilty, not assumed to be guilty unless he can prove his innocence as is currently the case?
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 202 3
- Go Cardless 317 9
- SA302 264 5
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 170 3
- Hmrc software 210 3
- Mehjoo 264 1
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 103 1
- Hosted email exchange 170 5
- South African Government Pension 178 1
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 160 3
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 272 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 304 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 239 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 146 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 281 7
- New Email Extensions 190 1
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 311 2
- Dental practice incorpration 153 1
- Audit rules 176 4
- business entertaining deductibility 179 1
- Xtuple 508
- Qtac payroll for bureau 343
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 290
- Industrial & Provident Societies 282
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 224
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 171
- Domain name sale and limited company 166
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 161
- CIS schemes 160
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 140