BRITISH Human Rights Act
The government is proposing to replace the Human Rights Act with a BRITISH Human Rights Act.
Presumably the right to a fair trial, freedom of religion, etcetera will remain pretty much the same as they are under the european Act but what rights should we have enshrined in this Act over "the state".
For example, should Accountants have the same rights to claim privalege that solicitors have regarding their client's affairs ?
Should HMRC have any rights to working papers?
What protection should honest citizens have against an over-zealous state, particularly in the form of tax inspectors ?
Indeed, should it be enshrined in law that when tax inspectors make "assessments" the taxpayer should be innocent until PROVEN guilty, not assumed to be guilty unless he can prove his innocence as is currently the case?
- Personal allowance 601 13
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 361 10
- VAT on employee loan 282 5
- Taking over from an on-line accounting firm. Any ideas? 941 18
- Charging VAT on a company loan ?. 98 2
- Accountants website 367 5
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 218 2
- What do you all do in your spare time? 676 29
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 164 5
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 448 8
- Threshold company limited by guarantee. 89 1
- Retrospective VAT Claim 109 1
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,406 20
- SAGE 50 PAYROLL YEAR END 218 5
- Can software startup claim VAT refund during development? 171 6
- Tax implications on building an 'office' 219 2
- VT Final Accounts puts "Cost of Sales - Carriage" and "Cost of Sales - Other Costs" into "Other Costs". Is that compulsory? It seems mad. 201 3
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 718 18
- Partial PPR relief to non-resident after 05 Apr 2015 152 1
- Purchased Goodwill 163 1
- New Fangled Penalties 1,083
- Moving away from CCH software 937
- QROP pension input amounts 429
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 373
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 345
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 313
- fraud 271
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 241
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 214
- Construction CIS LLP Company 193