BRITISH Human Rights Act
The government is proposing to replace the Human Rights Act with a BRITISH Human Rights Act.
Presumably the right to a fair trial, freedom of religion, etcetera will remain pretty much the same as they are under the european Act but what rights should we have enshrined in this Act over "the state".
For example, should Accountants have the same rights to claim privalege that solicitors have regarding their client's affairs ?
Should HMRC have any rights to working papers?
What protection should honest citizens have against an over-zealous state, particularly in the form of tax inspectors ?
Indeed, should it be enshrined in law that when tax inspectors make "assessments" the taxpayer should be innocent until PROVEN guilty, not assumed to be guilty unless he can prove his innocence as is currently the case?
- Car maintenance costs deductible against CT 1,058 16
- Scottish Independance 587 16
- Can I contribute to SIPP if I pay no salary/dividend from ltd company 51 1
- Commercial kitchen equipement deemed chattels for SDLT and capital allowances purposes? 88 2
- Do HMRC automatically close inactive PAYE schemes? 230 4
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 410 6
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 88 1
- WC's and capital allowances 60 1
- How to complain about HMRC 1,189 13
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 221 1
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 393 8
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 838 10
- carry back of gift aid 119 2
- VAT Flat rate scheme for property management company 126 3
- Dress code 1,324 29
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 386 17
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 717 19
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 340 8
- NOMINAL CODES 345 4
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax Consultancy 2014 755 5
- CTA study material 749
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 466
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 352
- Employment related securities question 299
- AIM Stocks and IHT 275
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 246
- Expat pension contributions? 242
- Trust for Employee 228
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 140
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 140