BRITISH Human Rights Act
The government is proposing to replace the Human Rights Act with a BRITISH Human Rights Act.
Presumably the right to a fair trial, freedom of religion, etcetera will remain pretty much the same as they are under the european Act but what rights should we have enshrined in this Act over "the state".
For example, should Accountants have the same rights to claim privalege that solicitors have regarding their client's affairs ?
Should HMRC have any rights to working papers?
What protection should honest citizens have against an over-zealous state, particularly in the form of tax inspectors ?
Indeed, should it be enshrined in law that when tax inspectors make "assessments" the taxpayer should be innocent until PROVEN guilty, not assumed to be guilty unless he can prove his innocence as is currently the case?
- Overlap relief 608 16
- Timescale for S455/S458 reclaims 115 3
- Ex-gratia payments 148 4
- Employment status 94 2
- BIM47080 and director training before trade starts 113 4
- HMRC & daft penalty 492 5
- Fee reasonable or OTT? 1,729 21
- Bumper Holiday Pay 135 2
- HMRC Email 195 4
- Hannah's blog post about fish 240 3
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 244 12
- Government Gateway 1,066 17
- Intercompany advice 70 1
- Independent Review of a Company Limited by Guarantee 157 6
- How to pay national insurance 414 12
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 1,771 19
- New Website Look 540 14
- CGT on compulsory purchase cpmpensation re lease 112 3
- Small pool write off 178 3
- Government Gateway/HMRC login details 136 1
- Theatre Tax Relief 472
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 364
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 360
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 333
- Perkbox 297
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 285
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 260
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 255
- Document Management Systems 235
- WIP Software 220