BRITISH Human Rights Act
The government is proposing to replace the Human Rights Act with a BRITISH Human Rights Act.
Presumably the right to a fair trial, freedom of religion, etcetera will remain pretty much the same as they are under the european Act but what rights should we have enshrined in this Act over "the state".
For example, should Accountants have the same rights to claim privalege that solicitors have regarding their client's affairs ?
Should HMRC have any rights to working papers?
What protection should honest citizens have against an over-zealous state, particularly in the form of tax inspectors ?
Indeed, should it be enshrined in law that when tax inspectors make "assessments" the taxpayer should be innocent until PROVEN guilty, not assumed to be guilty unless he can prove his innocence as is currently the case?
- What can my client claim r & d on? 327 6
- R&D tax claim 107 1
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 582 13
- Vat threshold issues 125 2
- Growing pains 362 7
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 237 14
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 79 1
- Consequential loss claim 127 3
- Residents Association Corp Tax 194 5
- ATT Annual Return Problems 120 2
- what is classed as investment under other fixed assets? 109 1
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 342 5
- private to company car? 208 4
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 958 34
- Wages paid into another persons bank account 592 10
- Buy to let allowable interest 156 2
- We accountants are not the only ones!! 247 1
- Partner with an IVA 176 5
- Your fondest calculator memories 606 26
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 426 11
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 458
- CTA study material 418
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 304
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 288
- Pre incorp expenses 279
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 247
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 235
- Slight twist on employment related securities 211
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 187
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 178