BRITISH Human Rights Act
The government is proposing to replace the Human Rights Act with a BRITISH Human Rights Act.
Presumably the right to a fair trial, freedom of religion, etcetera will remain pretty much the same as they are under the european Act but what rights should we have enshrined in this Act over "the state".
For example, should Accountants have the same rights to claim privalege that solicitors have regarding their client's affairs ?
Should HMRC have any rights to working papers?
What protection should honest citizens have against an over-zealous state, particularly in the form of tax inspectors ?
Indeed, should it be enshrined in law that when tax inspectors make "assessments" the taxpayer should be innocent until PROVEN guilty, not assumed to be guilty unless he can prove his innocence as is currently the case?
- Cocaine anyone? 72 2
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,453 21
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 794 25
- ACCA - still making me laugh 420 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 237 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 305 11
- Tax return software for remote working 459 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 497 9
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 415 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 439 9
- How to purchase business premises? 140 2
- Will I need to resign? 803 10
- Childcare vouchers 153 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 270 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 295 6
- VAT avoidance? 218 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 182 3
- PAYE coding out 175 3
- Follower cases 573 2
- LIVE chat, starting now 451 2
- Hive up 468
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 436
- corporate hierarchy 415
- Advice - 243
- Amortisation of Goodwill 213
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 202
- WWOOFers 197
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 178
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 175
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 171