BRITISH Human Rights Act
The government is proposing to replace the Human Rights Act with a BRITISH Human Rights Act.
Presumably the right to a fair trial, freedom of religion, etcetera will remain pretty much the same as they are under the european Act but what rights should we have enshrined in this Act over "the state".
For example, should Accountants have the same rights to claim privalege that solicitors have regarding their client's affairs ?
Should HMRC have any rights to working papers?
What protection should honest citizens have against an over-zealous state, particularly in the form of tax inspectors ?
Indeed, should it be enshrined in law that when tax inspectors make "assessments" the taxpayer should be innocent until PROVEN guilty, not assumed to be guilty unless he can prove his innocence as is currently the case?
- client threatening legal action 1,785 27
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 663 8
- Partially exempt? 233 9
- Reclaiming EU VAT on fuel and expenses 80 1
- First VAT Visit for client 210 4
- Dividend in specie 222 7
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 154 8
- Lorry Drivers 130 2
- Redundancy payment added to p45 69 1
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 80 1
- Mexican student in UK 112 2
- PI insurance for Auto Enrolment 193 3
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 289 12
- payroll software 105 1
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 1,047 25
- Complicated Company car purchase 92 1
- Pricing 329 10
- Late VAT registration penalty 245 5
- VAT 115 2
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 848 18
- Skandia using wrong address 483
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 277
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 271
- Employee rewards 256
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 221
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 215
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 213
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 207
- Etax Australian 169
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 157