BRITISH Human Rights Act
The government is proposing to replace the Human Rights Act with a BRITISH Human Rights Act.
Presumably the right to a fair trial, freedom of religion, etcetera will remain pretty much the same as they are under the european Act but what rights should we have enshrined in this Act over "the state".
For example, should Accountants have the same rights to claim privalege that solicitors have regarding their client's affairs ?
Should HMRC have any rights to working papers?
What protection should honest citizens have against an over-zealous state, particularly in the form of tax inspectors ?
Indeed, should it be enshrined in law that when tax inspectors make "assessments" the taxpayer should be innocent until PROVEN guilty, not assumed to be guilty unless he can prove his innocence as is currently the case?
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 722 14
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 806 1
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 467 10
- Real time 193 2
- Withdrawal of a quote 393 7
- Opt To Tax Refund 250 3
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 226 2
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 214 5
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 602 15
- When to top-up pensions? 177 2
- Support / ticketing software 331 11
- Are Tax Agents designed out of online systems? 330 3
- Imported goods and VAT 142 1
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 437 15
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 593 11
- Stamp Duty 180 3
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,867 22
- Company Number 10000000 999 13
- Online accounting provider for multicompany with turnover £10m 370 5
- CGT on lost shares/scam 241 3
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 471
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 290
- DTA tie-breaker issue 281
- CGT for NOn UK residents 243
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 220
- Apprenticeship Levy 217
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 210
- Just checking re PSA 196
- Capital Gains personal representatives 190
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 177