BRITISH Human Rights Act
The government is proposing to replace the Human Rights Act with a BRITISH Human Rights Act.
Presumably the right to a fair trial, freedom of religion, etcetera will remain pretty much the same as they are under the european Act but what rights should we have enshrined in this Act over "the state".
For example, should Accountants have the same rights to claim privalege that solicitors have regarding their client's affairs ?
Should HMRC have any rights to working papers?
What protection should honest citizens have against an over-zealous state, particularly in the form of tax inspectors ?
Indeed, should it be enshrined in law that when tax inspectors make "assessments" the taxpayer should be innocent until PROVEN guilty, not assumed to be guilty unless he can prove his innocence as is currently the case?
- Auto enrollment. What's the basis for contribution ? 343 8
- National Living Wage: creating jobs or unemployment? 136 3
- Contracting, Subcontracting and Agency Worker Regs 214 3
- HMRC CT600 TOOL 174 2
- Company Van 298 8
- VAT underpayment 107 4
- Shortening an Accounting Reference Date 946 19
- Sage Drive Queue.dta file lock out 389 10
- Connected person and properties 178 4
- Business only use of company car 1,610 35
- cash basis 140 1
- Restoring a Ltd company which had been struck off 324 8
- question 293 2
- Do your DIY clients ever get their books right ? 727 13
- Overlap profits 422 14
- How do I correct a previous accountants major mistake on PAYE/SA? 833 11
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 1,352 12
- HMRC Security Deposit 485 12
- Invoicing for monthly clients 398 7
- Company investment 884 9
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 389
- Any thoughts on Capium? 356
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 279
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 254
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 242
- French ConnectionUK 192
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 183
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 177
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 175
- APN's 163