BRITISH Human Rights Act
The government is proposing to replace the Human Rights Act with a BRITISH Human Rights Act.
Presumably the right to a fair trial, freedom of religion, etcetera will remain pretty much the same as they are under the european Act but what rights should we have enshrined in this Act over "the state".
For example, should Accountants have the same rights to claim privalege that solicitors have regarding their client's affairs ?
Should HMRC have any rights to working papers?
What protection should honest citizens have against an over-zealous state, particularly in the form of tax inspectors ?
Indeed, should it be enshrined in law that when tax inspectors make "assessments" the taxpayer should be innocent until PROVEN guilty, not assumed to be guilty unless he can prove his innocence as is currently the case?
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,240 34
- Accountancy Career 508 11
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,092 22
- MAAT vs ACCA 505 9
- EU VAT Registration Thresholds 91 5
- Vat on Payments on Account 36 1
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 108 3
- Yorkshire Day 317 20
- calculation DTR restriction 150 4
- Company Limited Liability vs Public Liability Insruance 57 1
- Company no longer showing on Companies House web site 144 4
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 891 23
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,865 45
- Group Audit Thresholds 405 12
- Flat rate VAT 257 5
- Client payment options 92 1
- Benefit in Kind - Clothing - PPE 120 1
- Help with HMRC investigation 469 8
- Best apps for clients 961 7
- Directors pay adjustment from 1k to the magic 833.33 290 5
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 555
- Cancelled 440
- Cancelled 369
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 364
- Probiz 343
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 343
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 249
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 222
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 211
- More spam 173