BRITISH Human Rights Act
The government is proposing to replace the Human Rights Act with a BRITISH Human Rights Act.
Presumably the right to a fair trial, freedom of religion, etcetera will remain pretty much the same as they are under the european Act but what rights should we have enshrined in this Act over "the state".
For example, should Accountants have the same rights to claim privalege that solicitors have regarding their client's affairs ?
Should HMRC have any rights to working papers?
What protection should honest citizens have against an over-zealous state, particularly in the form of tax inspectors ?
Indeed, should it be enshrined in law that when tax inspectors make "assessments" the taxpayer should be innocent until PROVEN guilty, not assumed to be guilty unless he can prove his innocence as is currently the case?
- Do I pay VAT back to employer for my training?? 39 3
- Client forgot to sign paper return and has gone on holidays 280 11
- White van man 891 27
- FYAs on second-hand vans 58 5
- VAT Margin Schemes 69 1
- Anybody received an Employer Payment Booklet for 2015-2016? 85 4
- Investment from Friend 265 11
- VAT registration transfer 53 2
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 194 7
- US-UK pension problem 141 3
- Limited Companies Merger 77 3
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 281 1
- Treatment of income for sole trader 319 3
- Company dividends 669 23
- Serious help with shutting down company I started as a kid? 204 3
- Dividend amount for company where tax year doesnt go to 31st March 182 4
- UK LTD Company to start working in Norway 97 2
- How to value a business asset? 180 4
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 457 15
- new partner 93 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 891
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 588
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 557
- Latest phishing scam 496
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 363
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 332
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 262
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 180
- Capital allowances in first basis period 168
- Sabbatical payments 162