BTL sold to Son
I have a client who owns a BTL flat and has a BTL mortgage on it for £177k. This was the price he purchased the flat for
The term is about to finish and he is unable to get another mortgage due to his credit rating.
He was thinking of letting his Son buy the flat for £177k. The property is valued at £300k max.
No gain is realised for the Father.
What are the tax implications for the Father [original owner of the flat]?
Because no gain is realised i cannot see any problem. Are my assumptions correct.
- Accountancy Career 515 12
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,272 35
- MAAT vs ACCA 527 10
- E-Magazines and pdfs 68 1
- Yorkshire Day 343 24
- Vat on Payments on Account 77 2
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 910 25
- Deleted question? 238 3
- CRM systems? 53 1
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,119 22
- EU VAT Registration Thresholds 101 5
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 108 3
- calculation DTR restriction 152 4
- Company Limited Liability vs Public Liability Insruance 63 1
- Company no longer showing on Companies House web site 166 4
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,867 45
- Group Audit Thresholds 409 12
- Flat rate VAT 263 5
- Client payment options 102 1
- Benefit in Kind - Clothing - PPE 132 1
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 556
- Cancelled 440
- Cancelled 369
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 368
- Probiz 344
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 343
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 249
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 222
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 212
- More spam 173