BTL sold to Son
I have a client who owns a BTL flat and has a BTL mortgage on it for £177k. This was the price he purchased the flat for
The term is about to finish and he is unable to get another mortgage due to his credit rating.
He was thinking of letting his Son buy the flat for £177k. The property is valued at £300k max.
No gain is realised for the Father.
What are the tax implications for the Father [original owner of the flat]?
Because no gain is realised i cannot see any problem. Are my assumptions correct.
- HMRC & daft penalty 1,426 10
- Sage import sales invoices with due dates 103 3
- Indemnity question re IR35? 31 1
- New Website Look 735 15
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 95 3
- Registering a client for Self assessment through Agent log ons 224 3
- What would be a tax efficient way of selling the main business asset but keeping some to continue with business? 344 17
- Appealing agianst HMRC penalties for dormant company 88 1
- Capital allowances - Jersey 119 4
- Share transfer question 101 2
- Unpaid Share Capital and Companies House Template 120 6
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 399 7
- Basis period (2nd yr) for a partnership, please any suggestions would be really helpful 117 1
- ERS reporting - online filing 299 8
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 286 5
- Pension contributions 192 5
- Marketing and email surprises 181 2
- Bookkeeping and a/c reconciliation for a members club - advice please 213 5
- Dividend Waiver 267 5
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 279 8
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 409
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 395
- Perkbox 344
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 281
- WIP Software 265
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 203
- No payroll scheme in place 193
- Benefit in Kind? 186
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 185
- Software recommendations 179