BTL sold to Son
I have a client who owns a BTL flat and has a BTL mortgage on it for £177k. This was the price he purchased the flat for
The term is about to finish and he is unable to get another mortgage due to his credit rating.
He was thinking of letting his Son buy the flat for £177k. The property is valued at £300k max.
No gain is realised for the Father.
What are the tax implications for the Father [original owner of the flat]?
Because no gain is realised i cannot see any problem. Are my assumptions correct.
- Share restructure 314 12
- Liquidation of Subsiduary 126 4
- Unknown cash receipt 1,708 14
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,907 31
- P11d error 405 9
- Need to upgrade from Sage 50 but to what? 131 1
- New use of home - simplified method 105 1
- Associated companies 87 1
- 2 year rule? Self employed. 231 12
- Rental Income 220 2
- Purchase buy-to-let property personally or LTD? 479 8
- Paperless office question 156 4
- RTI "Reason for submission being late" 393 7
- Warning about Tax Insider (taxinsider.co.uk) 924 5
- Stock Valuation 125 1
- Employment allowance and service companies (outside IR35) 473 14
- Corporation tax due and repayable 97 1
- IR35 and working for an EU company 167 2
- Newsletter 218 4
- Business Challenges 503 11
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 721
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 493
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 331
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 326
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 260
- growth voucher supplier 230
- VAT on Gaming Machines 205
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 195
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 176
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 170