BTL sold to Son
I have a client who owns a BTL flat and has a BTL mortgage on it for £177k. This was the price he purchased the flat for
The term is about to finish and he is unable to get another mortgage due to his credit rating.
He was thinking of letting his Son buy the flat for £177k. The property is valued at £300k max.
No gain is realised for the Father.
What are the tax implications for the Father [original owner of the flat]?
Because no gain is realised i cannot see any problem. Are my assumptions correct.
- Which tax returns can I submit? 178 5
- Cocaine anyone? 898 15
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 260 5
- Vat on new builds 66 1
- Using home as clients registered address 242 5
- VAT MOSS registration 99 1
- Anyone else still working this week? 473 15
- How much does the company pay 824 35
- HMRC property income enquiry 459 10
- Proof of identification 142 2
- When to provide S419 tax in the accounts 168 4
- Sole Trader change of accounting date 126 1
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 313 5
- Childcare vouchers 375 8
- Is this a qualifying loan for interest deductions? 109 2
- New Enterprise Allowance 101 1
- VAT Notice 700/64 - claiming VAT on motor repairs 97 1
- two business from one premises 197 3
- VAT transfer on going concern on incorporation 77 1
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 382 4
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 516
- corporate hierarchy 480
- Advice - 333
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 281
- WWOOFers 270
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 262
- The booking.com con 258
- Cocaine anyone? 238
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 234
- UK State pension paid in NZ 183