BTL sold to Son
I have a client who owns a BTL flat and has a BTL mortgage on it for £177k. This was the price he purchased the flat for
The term is about to finish and he is unable to get another mortgage due to his credit rating.
He was thinking of letting his Son buy the flat for £177k. The property is valued at £300k max.
No gain is realised for the Father.
What are the tax implications for the Father [original owner of the flat]?
Because no gain is realised i cannot see any problem. Are my assumptions correct.
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 183 5
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,497 41
- Directors Remunerations and Employees on CT600 124 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 335 1
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 243 3
- Practice management - that old chestnut....... 1,242 19
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 378 6
- Go Cardless 394 10
- Self assessment tax arrears 348 3
- Mehjoo 342 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 174 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 440 5
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 203 4
- SA302 353 7
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 300 13
- Bringing money to Uk 308 4
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 224 4
- Hmrc software 269 3
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 219 1
- Hosted email exchange 200 5
- Xtuple 526
- Qtac payroll for bureau 358
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 302
- Industrial & Provident Societies 295
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 240
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 218
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 218
- Domain name sale and limited company 185
- CIS schemes 182
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 160