BTL sold to Son
I have a client who owns a BTL flat and has a BTL mortgage on it for £177k. This was the price he purchased the flat for
The term is about to finish and he is unable to get another mortgage due to his credit rating.
He was thinking of letting his Son buy the flat for £177k. The property is valued at £300k max.
No gain is realised for the Father.
What are the tax implications for the Father [original owner of the flat]?
Because no gain is realised i cannot see any problem. Are my assumptions correct.
- Clothing 436 10
- Anybody still doing returns? 202 7
- no utr 75 2
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 183 7
- Interest on pre-letting? 86 4
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 51 1
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,660 44
- Will simplified micro entities accounts result in loss of business ? 1,685 22
- Rent a room scheme query. 224 4
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 304 13
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 110 6
- Why do I do this every year 565 13
- HMRC filing meltdown? 721 24
- client can't/won't pay 2,022 45
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 316 5
- Self assesment online 1,070 13
- Xero sales report by customer - how? 128 1
- Anybody Use Brightpay 748 20
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 259 11
- Tax Credit Office opening hours 153 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 940
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 658
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 606
- Latest phishing scam 587
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 424
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 318
- Scratch Head 253
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 243
- Sabbatical payments 207
- Negligible Value Claim 184