BTL sold to Son
I have a client who owns a BTL flat and has a BTL mortgage on it for £177k. This was the price he purchased the flat for
The term is about to finish and he is unable to get another mortgage due to his credit rating.
He was thinking of letting his Son buy the flat for £177k. The property is valued at £300k max.
No gain is realised for the Father.
What are the tax implications for the Father [original owner of the flat]?
Because no gain is realised i cannot see any problem. Are my assumptions correct.
- Retrospective VAT Query 69 2
- property capital gains 377 4
- AMAP on borrowed car?? 144 6
- VAT joint margin scheme arrangement 55 1
- Chargeable Event - life insurance bond written in trust 105 2
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 266 8
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 810 9
- Tips on meals 547 5
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,320 15
- S.455 Tax again 438 9
- Overdrawn directors loans and insolvent winding up 155 3
- Closing down loss-making company 786 15
- Stumped - IHT 604 8
- Can any cloud accounting package cope with operating a Foreign Branch and UK Head Office? 136 1
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 492 3
- Entrepreneur relief and deduction of Amortisation of Goodwill Pre2002 401 14
- co-operatives & Societies 119 1
- HMRC having technical difficulties 1,228 20
- Xerocon 2016 1,485 40
- Website Content 475 6