BTL sold to Son
I have a client who owns a BTL flat and has a BTL mortgage on it for £177k. This was the price he purchased the flat for
The term is about to finish and he is unable to get another mortgage due to his credit rating.
He was thinking of letting his Son buy the flat for £177k. The property is valued at £300k max.
No gain is realised for the Father.
What are the tax implications for the Father [original owner of the flat]?
Because no gain is realised i cannot see any problem. Are my assumptions correct.
- Manually amending PAYE Code Number in HMRC Basic PAYE Tools 25 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 948 9
- Disclosure on Cessation Accounts 169 1
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 125 3
- printer paper for Certificate of Incorporation 202 5
- I'm losing the will to live... 106 1
- Sage 50 - How do I find the column headings when I export to CSV 90 4
- Auto enrolment 1,555 15
- Annual Report - How to? 249 10
- Bureau payroll software and Auto Enrolment - which is the best? 79 1
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 248 4
- Client's company struck off 2,028 26
- Accountants not providing all required information 106 3
- 15% restirction on lease cars 125 2
- Do you get your clients to sign their EOY EPS submission? 1,120 17
- can a dormant company make an employer pension contribution? 143 6
- Letter template 149 4
- Quote for client 412 9
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 291 7
- PAYE 178 3
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 523
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 459
- EPS and CIS deductions 324
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 306
- Construction CIS LLP Company 297
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 286
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 240
- SAGE winforecast 221
- Overdrawn director account 208
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 201