BTL sold to Son
I have a client who owns a BTL flat and has a BTL mortgage on it for £177k. This was the price he purchased the flat for
The term is about to finish and he is unable to get another mortgage due to his credit rating.
He was thinking of letting his Son buy the flat for £177k. The property is valued at £300k max.
No gain is realised for the Father.
What are the tax implications for the Father [original owner of the flat]?
Because no gain is realised i cannot see any problem. Are my assumptions correct.
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 1,064 36
- Question re Career choice... 1,617 10
- Which address 1,046 12
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 574 20
- MS Surface Pro 3 82 1
- Financial statements in Word, with formulas 1,474 17
- Your fondest calculator memories 1,206 44
- R&D tax claim 249 7
- You think HMRC are inefficient? 530 9
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 184 7
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 133 2
- Gift to employee 377 12
- Tax Allowance on University Course 173 1
- Transfer of a business 127 1
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,143 22
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 416 8
- VAT Cross Border Invoicing 122 2
- Sage Import Data 315 6
- Slight twist on employment related securities 246 1
- Child and Working Tax Credits and sudden increase in investment income - does this trigger a claw back? 141 2
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 483
- CTA study material 458
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 336
- Pre incorp expenses 316
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 270
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 258
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 210
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 163
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 144
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 135