BTL sold to Son
I have a client who owns a BTL flat and has a BTL mortgage on it for £177k. This was the price he purchased the flat for
The term is about to finish and he is unable to get another mortgage due to his credit rating.
He was thinking of letting his Son buy the flat for £177k. The property is valued at £300k max.
No gain is realised for the Father.
What are the tax implications for the Father [original owner of the flat]?
Because no gain is realised i cannot see any problem. Are my assumptions correct.
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,723 38
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 202 7
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 59 2
- Taxfiler been down since mid-afternoon 124 5
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 449 17
- Paid too much !! 173 1
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 81 1
- Company separation for Wholesale & Retail businesses 67 1
- Selling a VAT Qualifying vehicle at a loss 68 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 471 15
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 739 11
- Sports Sponsorship 114 1
- New Shareholder and Purchase of Own Share 240 17
- Opt To Tax Refund 208 2
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 204 6
- Is the CT61 return dead? 1,309 14
- Best software for small practice? 605 19
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,262 21
- HMRC Enquiry 477 2
- Car purchase Lease or Buy 223 7
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 764
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 453
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 271
- DTA tie-breaker issue 261
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 244
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 223
- CGT for NOn UK residents 216
- Apprenticeship Levy 195
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 191
- Capital Gains personal representatives 181