BTL sold to Son
I have a client who owns a BTL flat and has a BTL mortgage on it for £177k. This was the price he purchased the flat for
The term is about to finish and he is unable to get another mortgage due to his credit rating.
He was thinking of letting his Son buy the flat for £177k. The property is valued at £300k max.
No gain is realised for the Father.
What are the tax implications for the Father [original owner of the flat]?
Because no gain is realised i cannot see any problem. Are my assumptions correct.
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 333 11
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,294 40
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 203 3
- AIA or IFA 402 7
- Surely not? 377 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 611 9
- Start up allowance? 305 10
- Running two businesses from the same premises 331 3
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 337 7
- Late Registration for VAT 338 11
- Old CGT loss 156 2
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 247 5
- Nominal Ledger 309 10
- Share structures 127 5
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 2,127 19
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 325 5
- Business rates consultancy 210 3
- Capitalisation - Scanning Files 171 4
- Are HMRC staff on early 534 7
- Tax on income from discretionary trust in SATR 215 9
- TheTax Donut 1,046
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 686
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 627
- Follower cases 492
- Limited company purchase of property 433
- Hive up 429
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 396
- corporate hierarchy 388
- LIVE chat, starting now 346
- Advice - 194