BTL sold to Son
I have a client who owns a BTL flat and has a BTL mortgage on it for £177k. This was the price he purchased the flat for
The term is about to finish and he is unable to get another mortgage due to his credit rating.
He was thinking of letting his Son buy the flat for £177k. The property is valued at £300k max.
No gain is realised for the Father.
What are the tax implications for the Father [original owner of the flat]?
Because no gain is realised i cannot see any problem. Are my assumptions correct.
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 464 18
- I.d for vat registration 254 10
- Directors loan accounts 343 8
- Bookkeping software 887 9
- Can I zero rate the VAT? 276 6
- Taxfiler V's BTC 877 33
- Capital allowances anti-avoidance 274 9
- Accounting for VAT not yet paid in year end 243 4
- Contingent Liability - Copyright Dispute - Disclosure ? 226 6
- Auto Enrolment set up 337 2
- SA302's anyone?? 2,813 42
- VAT return - Box 7 & 9 Vat cash accounting 108 2
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 141 6
- Expense receipt from previous quarter not included in VAT return 177 3
- Employed clients and expenses 780 13
- FRS 102 Fair Value v open market value 123 2
- Quickbooks 2015 186 1
- Sage reporting 130 4
- Professional Clearance 1,529 23
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 384 8
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 1,017
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 530
- NOVA 483
- Bonus Bonds 370
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 352
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 268
- Payment for Promotional Samples 239
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 235
- Friendly Pensions 167
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 154