BTL sold to Son
I have a client who owns a BTL flat and has a BTL mortgage on it for £177k. This was the price he purchased the flat for
The term is about to finish and he is unable to get another mortgage due to his credit rating.
He was thinking of letting his Son buy the flat for £177k. The property is valued at £300k max.
No gain is realised for the Father.
What are the tax implications for the Father [original owner of the flat]?
Because no gain is realised i cannot see any problem. Are my assumptions correct.
- HMRC Postal Delays 153 5
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,114 8
- Non-Taxable Expenses Reimbursement 58 3
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 409 5
- Legal advisor recommendation please 79 2
- Landing clients 617 19
- Time to react ? ? ? 623 6
- Dividends allowed on ordinary shares transferred during the year?? 94 2
- Dividends 114 3
- Closure of PAYE scheme 99 1
- cash the returned VAT cheque 311 3
- Rent a room for half a year, fully let for the other half? 94 1
- Signed accounts for bank 458 9
- Termination Payment 404 14
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 197 6
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 295 4
- Business lending another business money (UK) 207 5
- flat rate scheme 2,167 40
- How can a childcare facility mitigate vat 137 1
- Opening a Quick books file 196 2