BTL sold to Son
I have a client who owns a BTL flat and has a BTL mortgage on it for £177k. This was the price he purchased the flat for
The term is about to finish and he is unable to get another mortgage due to his credit rating.
He was thinking of letting his Son buy the flat for £177k. The property is valued at £300k max.
No gain is realised for the Father.
What are the tax implications for the Father [original owner of the flat]?
Because no gain is realised i cannot see any problem. Are my assumptions correct.
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 54 2
- Where has Portia gone? 1,719 65
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 235 7
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 367 4
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 269 5
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 234 6
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 900 21
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 185 3
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 115 1
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 192 11
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 394 10
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 335 9
- Merging my businesses 147 2
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,726 73
- Spousal transfer and PPR 518 16
- VAT on commercial property 157 3
- Rogue Accountant 3,051 49
- deceased creditor 211 5
- Corporate member of LLP 281 1
- Investment company 275 6
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 782
- RTI - duplicate employee record 541
- Pensions Regulator 445
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 405
- Sage Vat return box 2 309
- Sanzar 306
- Digital marketing focus group 291
- How do you do it 280
- Portia ... Where art thou 275
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 260