Budget 2014: Excited or bored?
While I wasn't overwhelmed by enthusiasm in my previous query about how seriously members take the Budget, we still put a lot of effort into our coverage because a lot of people read it.
To inject a bit of extra excitement, we're also running our usual sweepstake in which you could win £250 in Amazon vouchers by predicting how many times the Chancellor says the word "tax" in his speech.
The tone of coverage in the nationals - and from our regular columnist Philip Fisher - is that this will be a boring Budget. Rebecca Benneyworth concurred when she told me earlier that she wasn't expecting to see the Chancellor pull many rabbits from his hat. Nevertheless, she too will be busy on Wednesday, getting stuck into the paperwork for her Budget report (register here for your free copy, available from Monday) and taking part in our live Budget blog.
But as I said in that article, the devil is always in the detail. Our Budget discussion group has tackled a number of potiential measures, including
- Members’ views on the Earnings tax
- Lords call for delay of new LLP anti-avoidance measures
- Extension of the £250k AIA on the cards?
My original query also still applies - what are the issues that concern you most? And would anyone like to join us in sifting through the documentation to highlight points and proposals that will be of interest to other AccountingWEB members? Let us know by posting below and once we get to work on the Budget documents and TIINs, we'll get in touch with any volunteers (or borrow your comments and analysis here for the articles we prepare about the different measures).
Whether it's bumpy or not, strap yourselves in and join us for the ride!
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,272 19
- A little knowledge 181 5
- Scratch Head 306 1
- Year end 234 2
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 309 13
- Clothing 610 19
- Investment properties/freehold land 140 6
- Parent and subsidiary... 170 5
- Identity check problem 1,499 14
- No tax returns for 6 year 150 1
- Capital allowances on Software 227 2
- Designated sole Residence 207 4
- Trading Losses - 3 Year Carry Back 109 3
- Company director and KIT days 124 1
- client can't/won't pay 2,186 50
- Anybody still doing returns? 874 34
- Digita in the cloud 80 1
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 243 7
- IHT and US resident 126 2
- Tax relief when working away 90 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 958
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 683
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 630
- Latest phishing scam 607
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 445
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 330
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 261
- Sabbatical payments 221
- Negligible Value Claim 200
- Still Christmas at HMRC? 199