Budget 2014: Excited or bored?
While I wasn't overwhelmed by enthusiasm in my previous query about how seriously members take the Budget, we still put a lot of effort into our coverage because a lot of people read it.
To inject a bit of extra excitement, we're also running our usual sweepstake in which you could win £250 in Amazon vouchers by predicting how many times the Chancellor says the word "tax" in his speech.
The tone of coverage in the nationals - and from our regular columnist Philip Fisher - is that this will be a boring Budget. Rebecca Benneyworth concurred when she told me earlier that she wasn't expecting to see the Chancellor pull many rabbits from his hat. Nevertheless, she too will be busy on Wednesday, getting stuck into the paperwork for her Budget report (register here for your free copy, available from Monday) and taking part in our live Budget blog.
But as I said in that article, the devil is always in the detail. Our Budget discussion group has tackled a number of potiential measures, including
- Members’ views on the Earnings tax
- Lords call for delay of new LLP anti-avoidance measures
- Extension of the £250k AIA on the cards?
My original query also still applies - what are the issues that concern you most? And would anyone like to join us in sifting through the documentation to highlight points and proposals that will be of interest to other AccountingWEB members? Let us know by posting below and once we get to work on the Budget documents and TIINs, we'll get in touch with any volunteers (or borrow your comments and analysis here for the articles we prepare about the different measures).
Whether it's bumpy or not, strap yourselves in and join us for the ride!
- Is it possible to run/own a UK based business, as a resident of Italy? 134 2
- What are options for non CA firm 3,061 66
- Incorporated when they should not have 321 10
- Accounts Software 238 10
- SMP reclaimable by employer 121 2
- Company Director In Prison 499 12
- Flat rate VAT 157 3
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 2,404 23
- Deduction from Salary 860 23
- National insurance contributions 121 1
- AWeb - download file 220 4
- Director Drawings 259 6
- Accountancy Career 369 5
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,732 39
- Holiday Pay whilst on Mat Leave 154 1
- HMRC Agents Line 245 4
- calculation DTR restriction 102 1
- Charity work 261 11
- Help with HMRC investigation 313 6
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 291 13
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 686
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 533
- Cancelled 431
- Cancelled 366
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 363
- Probiz 338
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 330
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 244
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 218
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 206