Budget 2014: Excited or bored?
While I wasn't overwhelmed by enthusiasm in my previous query about how seriously members take the Budget, we still put a lot of effort into our coverage because a lot of people read it.
To inject a bit of extra excitement, we're also running our usual sweepstake in which you could win £250 in Amazon vouchers by predicting how many times the Chancellor says the word "tax" in his speech.
The tone of coverage in the nationals - and from our regular columnist Philip Fisher - is that this will be a boring Budget. Rebecca Benneyworth concurred when she told me earlier that she wasn't expecting to see the Chancellor pull many rabbits from his hat. Nevertheless, she too will be busy on Wednesday, getting stuck into the paperwork for her Budget report (register here for your free copy, available from Monday) and taking part in our live Budget blog.
But as I said in that article, the devil is always in the detail. Our Budget discussion group has tackled a number of potiential measures, including
- Members’ views on the Earnings tax
- Lords call for delay of new LLP anti-avoidance measures
- Extension of the £250k AIA on the cards?
My original query also still applies - what are the issues that concern you most? And would anyone like to join us in sifting through the documentation to highlight points and proposals that will be of interest to other AccountingWEB members? Let us know by posting below and once we get to work on the Budget documents and TIINs, we'll get in touch with any volunteers (or borrow your comments and analysis here for the articles we prepare about the different measures).
Whether it's bumpy or not, strap yourselves in and join us for the ride!
- How much can we do to help? 79 3
- Sale Of Shares 28 1
- Accountex flash mob 563 18
- The new married allowance 159 3
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 160 2
- Any good members voluntary liquidators 72 2
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 693 10
- Career advice for ex HMRC Inspector 866 20
- Getting fees, getting harder? 1,759 32
- VAT by Direct Debit 130 8
- Er... 355 2
- Cash extraction pre-sale 209 5
- VAT claim on exempt supply 314 11
- Group structure - transfer of shares 129 5
- Child benefit 364 9
- £3750 earned in Dubai - where on the income tax return??? 160 3
- Tax on selling a sole trader business 329 10
- IR 35 239 5
- Share disposal - help please 115 1
- New desktop accounting and payroll, help, please 353 11
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 659
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 410
- Pensions Regulator 380
- RTI - duplicate employee record 343
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 328
- SA penalty proposals 312
- Using the correct forms 303
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 298
- Sage Vat return box 2 207
- Digital marketing focus group 202