Budget 2014: Excited or bored?
While I wasn't overwhelmed by enthusiasm in my previous query about how seriously members take the Budget, we still put a lot of effort into our coverage because a lot of people read it.
To inject a bit of extra excitement, we're also running our usual sweepstake in which you could win £250 in Amazon vouchers by predicting how many times the Chancellor says the word "tax" in his speech.
The tone of coverage in the nationals - and from our regular columnist Philip Fisher - is that this will be a boring Budget. Rebecca Benneyworth concurred when she told me earlier that she wasn't expecting to see the Chancellor pull many rabbits from his hat. Nevertheless, she too will be busy on Wednesday, getting stuck into the paperwork for her Budget report (register here for your free copy, available from Monday) and taking part in our live Budget blog.
But as I said in that article, the devil is always in the detail. Our Budget discussion group has tackled a number of potiential measures, including
- Members’ views on the Earnings tax
- Lords call for delay of new LLP anti-avoidance measures
- Extension of the £250k AIA on the cards?
My original query also still applies - what are the issues that concern you most? And would anyone like to join us in sifting through the documentation to highlight points and proposals that will be of interest to other AccountingWEB members? Let us know by posting below and once we get to work on the Budget documents and TIINs, we'll get in touch with any volunteers (or borrow your comments and analysis here for the articles we prepare about the different measures).
Whether it's bumpy or not, strap yourselves in and join us for the ride!
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 420 17
- Business only use of company car 626 25
- valuation of vehicles 332 15
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 221 4
- Money Laundering Manual 274 11
- cgt quoted shares losses 220 2
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 81 1
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 857 28
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,070 29
- directors loan 285 8
- Director registration for SA question 289 11
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 241 3
- New Company reviews please 478 12
- Holiday pay calculator for client use? 351 4
- CIS not deducted 329 5
- Car Capital Contribution 184 2
- LLP and corporate members - timing differences impact on corp tax 107 2
- As I was saying, Its VAT question day 363 8
- VAT with Russia 151 1
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 228 2
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 286
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 236
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 235
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 212
- Any thoughts on Capium? 206
- Expenses Software 189
- auto enrolment 179
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 171
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 148
- How to account for investment in JV? 147