Budget 2014: Excited or bored?
While I wasn't overwhelmed by enthusiasm in my previous query about how seriously members take the Budget, we still put a lot of effort into our coverage because a lot of people read it.
To inject a bit of extra excitement, we're also running our usual sweepstake in which you could win £250 in Amazon vouchers by predicting how many times the Chancellor says the word "tax" in his speech.
The tone of coverage in the nationals - and from our regular columnist Philip Fisher - is that this will be a boring Budget. Rebecca Benneyworth concurred when she told me earlier that she wasn't expecting to see the Chancellor pull many rabbits from his hat. Nevertheless, she too will be busy on Wednesday, getting stuck into the paperwork for her Budget report (register here for your free copy, available from Monday) and taking part in our live Budget blog.
But as I said in that article, the devil is always in the detail. Our Budget discussion group has tackled a number of potiential measures, including
- Members’ views on the Earnings tax
- Lords call for delay of new LLP anti-avoidance measures
- Extension of the £250k AIA on the cards?
My original query also still applies - what are the issues that concern you most? And would anyone like to join us in sifting through the documentation to highlight points and proposals that will be of interest to other AccountingWEB members? Let us know by posting below and once we get to work on the Budget documents and TIINs, we'll get in touch with any volunteers (or borrow your comments and analysis here for the articles we prepare about the different measures).
Whether it's bumpy or not, strap yourselves in and join us for the ride!
- Reimbursing director travel costs 400 6
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,972 45
- Love is in the air 291 3
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,673 20
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 239 8
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 378 8
- Client Paperwork Retention? 495 11
- Sage 50 VAT Return 234 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 516 1
- Paying Son 646 18
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 342 7
- HMRC accounting 367 3
- Employers NI allowance 455 6
- Dividend taxation 367 3
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 278 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 185 2
- Tax Overlap Reporting 257 3
- Buy to Let Property! Shell I buy or not? 454 4
- iris update 11.9.2 453 7
- HMRC Discovery powers 287 3
- DTA tie-breaker issue 295
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 275
- CGT for NOn UK residents 274
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 264
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 246
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 234
- Apprenticeship Levy 231
- Capital Gains personal representatives 215
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 209
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 193