Budget 2014: Excited or bored?
While I wasn't overwhelmed by enthusiasm in my previous query about how seriously members take the Budget, we still put a lot of effort into our coverage because a lot of people read it.
To inject a bit of extra excitement, we're also running our usual sweepstake in which you could win £250 in Amazon vouchers by predicting how many times the Chancellor says the word "tax" in his speech.
The tone of coverage in the nationals - and from our regular columnist Philip Fisher - is that this will be a boring Budget. Rebecca Benneyworth concurred when she told me earlier that she wasn't expecting to see the Chancellor pull many rabbits from his hat. Nevertheless, she too will be busy on Wednesday, getting stuck into the paperwork for her Budget report (register here for your free copy, available from Monday) and taking part in our live Budget blog.
But as I said in that article, the devil is always in the detail. Our Budget discussion group has tackled a number of potiential measures, including
- Members’ views on the Earnings tax
- Lords call for delay of new LLP anti-avoidance measures
- Extension of the £250k AIA on the cards?
My original query also still applies - what are the issues that concern you most? And would anyone like to join us in sifting through the documentation to highlight points and proposals that will be of interest to other AccountingWEB members? Let us know by posting below and once we get to work on the Budget documents and TIINs, we'll get in touch with any volunteers (or borrow your comments and analysis here for the articles we prepare about the different measures).
Whether it's bumpy or not, strap yourselves in and join us for the ride!
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 155 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 191 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,226 35
- Mortgage Reference 542 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 247 7
- Insovent companies 883 19
- New Build 204 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,297 48
- BrightPay quirks 217 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 805 20
- Website Content 174 1
- Personal Tax 630 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 194 1
- USA Tax Query 310 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 441 5
- last minute request 655 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 362 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 397 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,740 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 988 6