Budget 2014: Excited or bored?
While I wasn't overwhelmed by enthusiasm in my previous query about how seriously members take the Budget, we still put a lot of effort into our coverage because a lot of people read it.
To inject a bit of extra excitement, we're also running our usual sweepstake in which you could win £250 in Amazon vouchers by predicting how many times the Chancellor says the word "tax" in his speech.
The tone of coverage in the nationals - and from our regular columnist Philip Fisher - is that this will be a boring Budget. Rebecca Benneyworth concurred when she told me earlier that she wasn't expecting to see the Chancellor pull many rabbits from his hat. Nevertheless, she too will be busy on Wednesday, getting stuck into the paperwork for her Budget report (register here for your free copy, available from Monday) and taking part in our live Budget blog.
But as I said in that article, the devil is always in the detail. Our Budget discussion group has tackled a number of potiential measures, including
- Members’ views on the Earnings tax
- Lords call for delay of new LLP anti-avoidance measures
- Extension of the £250k AIA on the cards?
My original query also still applies - what are the issues that concern you most? And would anyone like to join us in sifting through the documentation to highlight points and proposals that will be of interest to other AccountingWEB members? Let us know by posting below and once we get to work on the Budget documents and TIINs, we'll get in touch with any volunteers (or borrow your comments and analysis here for the articles we prepare about the different measures).
Whether it's bumpy or not, strap yourselves in and join us for the ride!
- Recording fuel VAT adjustment in Sage 84 4
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 60 1
- Company purchase of shares 243 15
- Pension contributions and unused allowances 84 2
- VAT QUESTION 116 2
- Holding on to fees paid monthly for work not yet done? 1,067 14
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,194 15
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 211 13
- IR35 - it it worth worrying about any more? 277 4
- Why should I retain membership? 2,201 35
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 475 14
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 658 10
- CIS deductions against the wrong UTR 154 5
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 87 1
- HMRC Underpayment notices. Are they related to Employers Allowance 162 1
- Starting Self Employment while Employed in Practice 2,619 41
- VAT: option to tax 208 5
- Prior Year Adjustments 201 3
- Payroll software 590 14
- Permanent Place of Work & Travel & Subsistence 179 4
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 682
- Auto enrolment excuses 606
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 362
- Call Centre Data Costs 174
- Social investment tax relief 173
- Digita Hosted Software 169
- option to tax 155
- VAT on deposits 138
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 134
- Cars Leased primarily for Taxi Hire 130