Budget 2014: Excited or bored?
While I wasn't overwhelmed by enthusiasm in my previous query about how seriously members take the Budget, we still put a lot of effort into our coverage because a lot of people read it.
To inject a bit of extra excitement, we're also running our usual sweepstake in which you could win £250 in Amazon vouchers by predicting how many times the Chancellor says the word "tax" in his speech.
The tone of coverage in the nationals - and from our regular columnist Philip Fisher - is that this will be a boring Budget. Rebecca Benneyworth concurred when she told me earlier that she wasn't expecting to see the Chancellor pull many rabbits from his hat. Nevertheless, she too will be busy on Wednesday, getting stuck into the paperwork for her Budget report (register here for your free copy, available from Monday) and taking part in our live Budget blog.
But as I said in that article, the devil is always in the detail. Our Budget discussion group has tackled a number of potiential measures, including
- Members’ views on the Earnings tax
- Lords call for delay of new LLP anti-avoidance measures
- Extension of the £250k AIA on the cards?
My original query also still applies - what are the issues that concern you most? And would anyone like to join us in sifting through the documentation to highlight points and proposals that will be of interest to other AccountingWEB members? Let us know by posting below and once we get to work on the Budget documents and TIINs, we'll get in touch with any volunteers (or borrow your comments and analysis here for the articles we prepare about the different measures).
Whether it's bumpy or not, strap yourselves in and join us for the ride!
- BrightPay 1,020 30
- SA REFUND; DEFRAUDED BY UNKNOWN PARTY 112 3
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 990 17
- Clients have been told I'm working from home 760 13
- Regular Director bonus 344 8
- HMRC Summons for £14k 405 6
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 576 14
- BIK for an electric car 131 2
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,589 90
- Corporation Tax Software 349 10
- How do I save face? 2,151 14
- Goodie bag 2,963 72
- US Pensions and Renunciation of Citizenship 92 1
- How many associated companies 164 2
- Signed accounts for a lender 426 17
- can I approach clients ? 892 11
- Secure document exchange 585 6
- New Agency rules - who's responsible? 162 2
- FreeAgent question 335 8
- Mortgage interest 134 1
- Possible Partnership? 680
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 530
- Fuming! 494
- New Fangled Penalties 465
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 329
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 271
- Moving away from CCH software 258
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 250
- Outsource Data Entry 249
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 202