Budget 2014: Excited or bored?
While I wasn't overwhelmed by enthusiasm in my previous query about how seriously members take the Budget, we still put a lot of effort into our coverage because a lot of people read it.
To inject a bit of extra excitement, we're also running our usual sweepstake in which you could win £250 in Amazon vouchers by predicting how many times the Chancellor says the word "tax" in his speech.
The tone of coverage in the nationals - and from our regular columnist Philip Fisher - is that this will be a boring Budget. Rebecca Benneyworth concurred when she told me earlier that she wasn't expecting to see the Chancellor pull many rabbits from his hat. Nevertheless, she too will be busy on Wednesday, getting stuck into the paperwork for her Budget report (register here for your free copy, available from Monday) and taking part in our live Budget blog.
But as I said in that article, the devil is always in the detail. Our Budget discussion group has tackled a number of potiential measures, including
- Members’ views on the Earnings tax
- Lords call for delay of new LLP anti-avoidance measures
- Extension of the £250k AIA on the cards?
My original query also still applies - what are the issues that concern you most? And would anyone like to join us in sifting through the documentation to highlight points and proposals that will be of interest to other AccountingWEB members? Let us know by posting below and once we get to work on the Budget documents and TIINs, we'll get in touch with any volunteers (or borrow your comments and analysis here for the articles we prepare about the different measures).
Whether it's bumpy or not, strap yourselves in and join us for the ride!
- first year company tax return for a limited company 157 5
- Real names 1,239 37
- Dissolve a Ltd Company - How much do you charge? 395 7
- reliable alternative to registered ofice required 91 1
- Expenses Apps 151 2
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 163 4
- Quick Easy Quote 239 4
- What are options for non CA firm 1,786 29
- Solicitor accounts 53 1
- Unallocated client money 229 7
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 191 2
- change of office address 119 4
- Hive up - accounting and notes to financial statements 224 3
- Incorporation Relief 124 4
- Letting income or partnership income? 100 2
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 356 4
- Furniture Rental Business 98 2
- Client Death 550 9
- Accounts formation/ speculative advertising 197 4
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 354 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 605
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 480
- Sorry ignore me 378
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 367
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 280
- Cancelled 241
- Cancelled 212
- Bartercard 173
- C79 Discrepancy 167
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 159