Budget 2014: Excited or bored?
While I wasn't overwhelmed by enthusiasm in my previous query about how seriously members take the Budget, we still put a lot of effort into our coverage because a lot of people read it.
To inject a bit of extra excitement, we're also running our usual sweepstake in which you could win £250 in Amazon vouchers by predicting how many times the Chancellor says the word "tax" in his speech.
The tone of coverage in the nationals - and from our regular columnist Philip Fisher - is that this will be a boring Budget. Rebecca Benneyworth concurred when she told me earlier that she wasn't expecting to see the Chancellor pull many rabbits from his hat. Nevertheless, she too will be busy on Wednesday, getting stuck into the paperwork for her Budget report (register here for your free copy, available from Monday) and taking part in our live Budget blog.
But as I said in that article, the devil is always in the detail. Our Budget discussion group has tackled a number of potiential measures, including
- Members’ views on the Earnings tax
- Lords call for delay of new LLP anti-avoidance measures
- Extension of the £250k AIA on the cards?
My original query also still applies - what are the issues that concern you most? And would anyone like to join us in sifting through the documentation to highlight points and proposals that will be of interest to other AccountingWEB members? Let us know by posting below and once we get to work on the Budget documents and TIINs, we'll get in touch with any volunteers (or borrow your comments and analysis here for the articles we prepare about the different measures).
Whether it's bumpy or not, strap yourselves in and join us for the ride!
- VAT reconciliation and VAT return on Sage 45 1
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,329 45
- Enquiry into tax return - how co-operative would you be? 201 4
- Research and development - repayment timescale 194 4
- NOVA 533 1
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 251 10
- Regional Development Grant 85 4
- Sole trader hid directorships. 317 5
- Problem ex client...again.. 2,284 21
- Filing a P87 (professional fees) before year end. 61 1
- Company car without a salary 183 2
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 364 10
- Charity donations 1,028 21
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 325 13
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 554 11
- Interest on HMRC contract settlement 130 2
- VAT on finance leases 189 3
- More HMRC on gov.uk 585 10
- CONVERSION OF DIRECTOR LOAN INTO EQUITY 292 6
- Second Incomes Campaign 259 3
- Bonus Bonds 386
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 375
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 286
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 255
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 179
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 165
- Finance Lease 154
- Company Car Lease 152
- Form 42 145
- Demerger Reserve 125