Budget 2014: Excited or bored?
While I wasn't overwhelmed by enthusiasm in my previous query about how seriously members take the Budget, we still put a lot of effort into our coverage because a lot of people read it.
To inject a bit of extra excitement, we're also running our usual sweepstake in which you could win £250 in Amazon vouchers by predicting how many times the Chancellor says the word "tax" in his speech.
The tone of coverage in the nationals - and from our regular columnist Philip Fisher - is that this will be a boring Budget. Rebecca Benneyworth concurred when she told me earlier that she wasn't expecting to see the Chancellor pull many rabbits from his hat. Nevertheless, she too will be busy on Wednesday, getting stuck into the paperwork for her Budget report (register here for your free copy, available from Monday) and taking part in our live Budget blog.
But as I said in that article, the devil is always in the detail. Our Budget discussion group has tackled a number of potiential measures, including
- Members’ views on the Earnings tax
- Lords call for delay of new LLP anti-avoidance measures
- Extension of the £250k AIA on the cards?
My original query also still applies - what are the issues that concern you most? And would anyone like to join us in sifting through the documentation to highlight points and proposals that will be of interest to other AccountingWEB members? Let us know by posting below and once we get to work on the Budget documents and TIINs, we'll get in touch with any volunteers (or borrow your comments and analysis here for the articles we prepare about the different measures).
Whether it's bumpy or not, strap yourselves in and join us for the ride!
- Paying tax in Angola and uk? 100 2
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 582 12
- Statutory Residence Test - Travelling 125 1
- Any Scottish members out there? 8,047 303
- Mortgage deposit Gift 57 2
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,098 15
- Has HMRC got powers to do this? 310 3
- EC sales list 50 1
- planning to be self employed bookkeeper what do i need to do before i start? 329 5
- Repairs after a rental business ends 382 11
- ICPA-Scotland 174 2
- Shutting down losing Directors Loan 213 1
- Declined for business bank account 378 6
- Help with Mortgage Application? 535 7
- Disclosure of pending convertible loan notes? 224 10
- Standard 'email' template system 921 14
- How to complete annual VAT return online? 241 4
- Irish VAT Deferred payment 114 1
- Circular shareholding 273 6
- Starting as sole trader from abroad 216 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,125
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 369
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 301
- National Insurance 275
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 241
- Payments on account coded out?? 236
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 226
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 193
- Non Resident 193
- Franchise income and costs 180