Budget 2014: Excited or bored?
While I wasn't overwhelmed by enthusiasm in my previous query about how seriously members take the Budget, we still put a lot of effort into our coverage because a lot of people read it.
To inject a bit of extra excitement, we're also running our usual sweepstake in which you could win £250 in Amazon vouchers by predicting how many times the Chancellor says the word "tax" in his speech.
The tone of coverage in the nationals - and from our regular columnist Philip Fisher - is that this will be a boring Budget. Rebecca Benneyworth concurred when she told me earlier that she wasn't expecting to see the Chancellor pull many rabbits from his hat. Nevertheless, she too will be busy on Wednesday, getting stuck into the paperwork for her Budget report (register here for your free copy, available from Monday) and taking part in our live Budget blog.
But as I said in that article, the devil is always in the detail. Our Budget discussion group has tackled a number of potiential measures, including
- Members’ views on the Earnings tax
- Lords call for delay of new LLP anti-avoidance measures
- Extension of the £250k AIA on the cards?
My original query also still applies - what are the issues that concern you most? And would anyone like to join us in sifting through the documentation to highlight points and proposals that will be of interest to other AccountingWEB members? Let us know by posting below and once we get to work on the Budget documents and TIINs, we'll get in touch with any volunteers (or borrow your comments and analysis here for the articles we prepare about the different measures).
Whether it's bumpy or not, strap yourselves in and join us for the ride!
- Intercompany - Sage 50 Accounts 18 1
- Writing Website Content 412 17
- HMRC Post 877 12
- Rollover Relief - Commercial to Residential 136 3
- Form 17 Download 277 2
- Schedule A losses 408 12
- Just another average day trying to deal with HMRC 1,931 26
- The Pensions Regulator 302 8
- Client having a go at me 644 14
- Companies House BETA 886 11
- VAT on Second Hand Touring Caravans 81 1
- Childcare & P11D 82 1
- Badges of trade 228 2
- Date of leaving on P.45 353 13
- Seeking advice: Charging VAT on commission on my commission! 198 5
- Sage 50 - Aged Debtors and Creditors Reports 101 1
- Member meet up 1 October in London 552 15
- CT600 X ERROR in relation to Tangible Assets 105 2
- Concurrent users 705 9
- What would you do? 1,153 7
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 443
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 406
- Electric Car 347
- S222 Charge 276
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 255
- AIA 232
- IP trans to holding company 214
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 214
- Payroll Manager - tax code for starter declaration 'C' 187
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 182