Budget 2014: Excited or bored?
While I wasn't overwhelmed by enthusiasm in my previous query about how seriously members take the Budget, we still put a lot of effort into our coverage because a lot of people read it.
To inject a bit of extra excitement, we're also running our usual sweepstake in which you could win £250 in Amazon vouchers by predicting how many times the Chancellor says the word "tax" in his speech.
The tone of coverage in the nationals - and from our regular columnist Philip Fisher - is that this will be a boring Budget. Rebecca Benneyworth concurred when she told me earlier that she wasn't expecting to see the Chancellor pull many rabbits from his hat. Nevertheless, she too will be busy on Wednesday, getting stuck into the paperwork for her Budget report (register here for your free copy, available from Monday) and taking part in our live Budget blog.
But as I said in that article, the devil is always in the detail. Our Budget discussion group has tackled a number of potiential measures, including
- Members’ views on the Earnings tax
- Lords call for delay of new LLP anti-avoidance measures
- Extension of the £250k AIA on the cards?
My original query also still applies - what are the issues that concern you most? And would anyone like to join us in sifting through the documentation to highlight points and proposals that will be of interest to other AccountingWEB members? Let us know by posting below and once we get to work on the Budget documents and TIINs, we'll get in touch with any volunteers (or borrow your comments and analysis here for the articles we prepare about the different measures).
Whether it's bumpy or not, strap yourselves in and join us for the ride!
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 271 4
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 39 1
- Income Splitting - form 17 and DoT 53 1
- Your comments please 209 5
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 48 1
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 119 7
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 87 2
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 168 2
- Transfer of Software to sister company 81 1
- CGT history of shares 133 2
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 682 14
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 189 1
- Ordering same-day transactions 110 2
- As a soletrader taxi service, would purchasing low emissions taxi-cars qualify for AIA capital allowance? 202 2
- Closing my business down 361 20
- Recording Calls 108 1
- Accounting for reversed transaction 91 1
- Scams are not always obvious 2,298 37
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,507 21
- What do you all do in your spare time? 933 36
- Moving away from CCH software 960
- QROP pension input amounts 446
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 390
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 370
- fraud 292
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 266
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 235
- Construction CIS LLP Company 222
- EPS and CIS deductions 213
- Out of time or not? 199