Budget 2014: Excited or bored?
While I wasn't overwhelmed by enthusiasm in my previous query about how seriously members take the Budget, we still put a lot of effort into our coverage because a lot of people read it.
To inject a bit of extra excitement, we're also running our usual sweepstake in which you could win £250 in Amazon vouchers by predicting how many times the Chancellor says the word "tax" in his speech.
The tone of coverage in the nationals - and from our regular columnist Philip Fisher - is that this will be a boring Budget. Rebecca Benneyworth concurred when she told me earlier that she wasn't expecting to see the Chancellor pull many rabbits from his hat. Nevertheless, she too will be busy on Wednesday, getting stuck into the paperwork for her Budget report (register here for your free copy, available from Monday) and taking part in our live Budget blog.
But as I said in that article, the devil is always in the detail. Our Budget discussion group has tackled a number of potiential measures, including
- Members’ views on the Earnings tax
- Lords call for delay of new LLP anti-avoidance measures
- Extension of the £250k AIA on the cards?
My original query also still applies - what are the issues that concern you most? And would anyone like to join us in sifting through the documentation to highlight points and proposals that will be of interest to other AccountingWEB members? Let us know by posting below and once we get to work on the Budget documents and TIINs, we'll get in touch with any volunteers (or borrow your comments and analysis here for the articles we prepare about the different measures).
Whether it's bumpy or not, strap yourselves in and join us for the ride!
- VAT Invoice 30 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 141 2
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 218 10
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 739 29
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 105 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 399 10
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 318 8
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 104 6
- Help with tax codes on Sage 226 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 138 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 244 4
- Accounting for a finance lease 137 4
- SA302's anyone?? 508 16
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,609 41
- Renting for military reasons 156 2
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 1,548 18
- Moneysoft Payroll Windows 8.1 Woes - Help! 1,040 18
- Deed of variation on a will & effect on tax returns 115 2
- do i pay vat when buying a business 520 25
- Auto enrolment for one or two director companies 1,989 30
- Skandia using wrong address 1,615
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 895
- International interest certificate 507
- NOVA 366
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 284
- Management expenses for investment company 259
- Bonus Bonds 258
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 170
- tax on apprenticeship income 166
- P11D benefit received by widow 147