Building a domestic to let property
So, a builder owns a limited company. Vat registered.
He wants to build a house to rent out personally.
So, if he built it himself (ie not through company)
A) as he intends to rent it out would this fall fowl of the vat reclaim on self build ie not allowed to reclaim vat on the build? (ie it says if the building is built by a landlord then vat may not be recovered).
B) if he built it through the company, claimed the vat in normal way, then company charges him market value for the house, Can the company zero-rate the invoice to the director even though the director will be renting it out?
Many thanks in advance
- flat rate scheme 1,903 38
- Time to react ? ? ? 236 2
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 98 1
- which accounts package for busy hairdressers? 107 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 629 9
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 107 3
- Company Share Buy Back 107 2
- Charitable Payment 205 4
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 923 15
- Unpaid share capital 248 3
- Company car in the LLP 171 2
- Physiotherapy 337 4
- New build property to be rented 159 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,881 52
- Hello 357 2
- Sage 200 question 109 1
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 101 2
- Ltd Co and Fully Paid Shares 168 5
- RTI and Advances to Employees 174 3
- Sorry - another PPR question 214 4