Building a domestic to let property
So, a builder owns a limited company. Vat registered.
He wants to build a house to rent out personally.
So, if he built it himself (ie not through company)
A) as he intends to rent it out would this fall fowl of the vat reclaim on self build ie not allowed to reclaim vat on the build? (ie it says if the building is built by a landlord then vat may not be recovered).
B) if he built it through the company, claimed the vat in normal way, then company charges him market value for the house, Can the company zero-rate the invoice to the director even though the director will be renting it out?
Many thanks in advance
- Tax Fines - HMRC 473 5
- Exemption from CGT 347 6
- Owner director gym membership 96 2
- Do I need to register for VAT 131 11
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 1,522 32
- J10 - stock transfer form 16 1
- Invoices raised after company dissolution 61 3
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,447 35
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 238 4
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 71 1
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,199 22
- Travelling expenses 51 1
- VAT - Check on clients business 686 28
- Compare 2 lists 1,698 31
- Amend a 2010/11 return 224 2
- Advanced SMP, but employee returns to work early 243 2
- Capital Gains 223 2
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 138 2
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 240 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,172 22