Client of mine is a doctor who currently is employed by numerous organisations as a locum doctor.
My question relates to whether he is allowed to claim any business mileage via the employment section of his tax return travelling from one "temporary" employment to another. He claims that as the employments are of a "temporary" nature that he is allowed to claim the mileage but I am not convinced.
Can anyone help out?
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 108 2
- Stumped - IHT 86 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 398 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 463 11
- Tips on meals 124 1
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,276 33
- Credit management tools 107 1
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 105 2
- property capital gains 102 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 768 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 368 7
- CGT and primary residence 150 1
- Marriage Allowance 244 3
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,142 12
- S455 and February year ends 303 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 878 18
- Closing down loss-making company 443 5
- S.455 Tax again 284 3
- New Build 338 2
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 375 4