Business mileage calculation
I have an employee who has submitted business mileage when they were send on a course.
For argument sake and to make it clear to understand, assume the employee lives in Manchester, his permanent office work place is in London, and he was sent on a course in Scotland for the day.
So on the day of the course the employee drive from his house in Manchester to Scotland and back again. However, he is claiming mileage from the office in London up to Scotland and then back to his home in Manchester.
I assume the mileage claim should be for mileage actually driven and not be claimed from the London office based on the fact he didn't actually travel to Scotland from London, he travelled from his house in Manchester.
Probably a silly question but just wanted to be sure.
- Contact at HMRC for agents 27 1
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,166 45
- Offshore bond assigned to UK discretionary trust 94 6
- Cut-off accounting question 193 9
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 439 10
- What would you do? 536 5
- Depreciation on purchase of software 333 5
- is photo id necessary to set up a direct debit? 581 23
- exemptions from CIS 28 1
- Auto Enrolment 166 4
- Class of Shares 152 3
- account in joint names - gift? 57 1
- Tax Filer - Transfering figures from partnership to personal returns 216 8
- Volontaire International en Entreprise (VIE) 99 2
- statutory maternity pay 117 3
- VAT & Offshore Companies 280 8
- DIRECTOR LOAN ACCOUNT AND BALANCE 434 9
- Freelance/Employee 243 7
- RBS advising client they don't want his business 2,214 12
- Does anyone know the name and postal address of HMRC's Data controller? 219 1
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 385
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 339
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 319
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 304
- Electric Car 258
- S222 Charge 224
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 218
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 208
- Company Structure 198
- How to treat NI and PAYE for overseas staff employed in UK? 166