Business mileage calculation
I have an employee who has submitted business mileage when they were send on a course.
For argument sake and to make it clear to understand, assume the employee lives in Manchester, his permanent office work place is in London, and he was sent on a course in Scotland for the day.
So on the day of the course the employee drive from his house in Manchester to Scotland and back again. However, he is claiming mileage from the office in London up to Scotland and then back to his home in Manchester.
I assume the mileage claim should be for mileage actually driven and not be claimed from the London office based on the fact he didn't actually travel to Scotland from London, he travelled from his house in Manchester.
Probably a silly question but just wanted to be sure.
- Subsistence expenses for one man band contractor companies 138 4
- PRR 451 15
- Director selling assets to the company that were given to her 58 1
- Sage Line50 Journal Entry Help! 230 14
- Working from home - time apportionment 293 3
- Recovering VAT on property purchase 206 2
- cross border vat 115 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 12,906 488
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 777 17
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 283 12
- Can't read my handwriting 633 15
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,652 74
- Employing a carer 131 1
- Fees for Property Tax Return 532 16
- Corp Tax Refund 174 2
- Email hacker for hire ... 402 8
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 281 8
- IFRS and UK GAAP Adjustment Jrnls 94 2
- Donaldson V HMRC 235 1
- Audit partner? 279 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,372
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 518
- National Insurance 414
- Non Resident 320
- Hands on experience of Digita 244
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 226
- Employer's Helpline 187
- CIS paid under reg 9 185
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 153
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 147