Business mileage calculation
I have an employee who has submitted business mileage when they were send on a course.
For argument sake and to make it clear to understand, assume the employee lives in Manchester, his permanent office work place is in London, and he was sent on a course in Scotland for the day.
So on the day of the course the employee drive from his house in Manchester to Scotland and back again. However, he is claiming mileage from the office in London up to Scotland and then back to his home in Manchester.
I assume the mileage claim should be for mileage actually driven and not be claimed from the London office based on the fact he didn't actually travel to Scotland from London, he travelled from his house in Manchester.
Probably a silly question but just wanted to be sure.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 504 5
- See you all on the other side 640 6
- 12Pay 359 2
- dividends 490 2
- R&D 276 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,135 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 420 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 354 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 320 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 512 5
- Seeking a tax case 587 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 447 4
- Companies house strike off 436 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 349 2
- Moving to the cloud 711 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 204 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 863 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 192 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,072 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 462 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 544
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 411
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 361
- IRIS and FRS 102 342
- Capitalising Finance Lease 309
- USA help 306
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 280
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 275
- Capital gains on rental property 251
- Sage Coretime 228