Business mileage calculation
I have an employee who has submitted business mileage when they were send on a course.
For argument sake and to make it clear to understand, assume the employee lives in Manchester, his permanent office work place is in London, and he was sent on a course in Scotland for the day.
So on the day of the course the employee drive from his house in Manchester to Scotland and back again. However, he is claiming mileage from the office in London up to Scotland and then back to his home in Manchester.
I assume the mileage claim should be for mileage actually driven and not be claimed from the London office based on the fact he didn't actually travel to Scotland from London, he travelled from his house in Manchester.
Probably a silly question but just wanted to be sure.
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 88 4
- are receipts needed? 381 13
- Professional Clearance 272 9
- VAT errors 34 1
- Capital reduction 182 1
- do i pay vat when buying a business 276 19
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 289 1
- Sage Instant cash based flat rate 137 4
- Introduction of Goodwill 530 13
- CIC accounts submission 160 4
- Zero Rated Catering delivery charges 119 5
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 621 21
- New accountant 546 9
- Santander Scrip Dividend Scheme 238 3
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,090 67
- Working out a daily rate 333 7
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 612 9
- Loss Relief 162 2
- Tax case reference request 251 3
- How to? 175 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,594
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 887
- International interest certificate 495
- NOVA 352
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 256
- Management expenses for investment company 244
- Bonus Bonds 243
- Help with tax codes on Sage 188
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 151
- Clogged Losses 151