Business mileage calculation
I have an employee who has submitted business mileage when they were send on a course.
For argument sake and to make it clear to understand, assume the employee lives in Manchester, his permanent office work place is in London, and he was sent on a course in Scotland for the day.
So on the day of the course the employee drive from his house in Manchester to Scotland and back again. However, he is claiming mileage from the office in London up to Scotland and then back to his home in Manchester.
I assume the mileage claim should be for mileage actually driven and not be claimed from the London office based on the fact he didn't actually travel to Scotland from London, he travelled from his house in Manchester.
Probably a silly question but just wanted to be sure.
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 161 4
- 27,000 Really? 1,149 38
- What are options for non CA firm 2,831 60
- Legal title not in the company name 794 23
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 342 4
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 312 8
- Opening Balances 205 2
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 586 7
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 111 1
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 90 1
- This is getting boring 620 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 266 7
- pension paid by company? 121 3
- inheritance tax 426 12
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 351 9
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 230 4
- State pension 303 3
- Accountancy Career 147 1
- CIC Company 658 13
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,823 22
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 640
- Cancelled 396
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 354
- Cancelled 336
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 310
- Probiz 305
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 280
- How not to compose an email 268
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 259
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 224