Business mileage calculation
I have an employee who has submitted business mileage when they were send on a course.
For argument sake and to make it clear to understand, assume the employee lives in Manchester, his permanent office work place is in London, and he was sent on a course in Scotland for the day.
So on the day of the course the employee drive from his house in Manchester to Scotland and back again. However, he is claiming mileage from the office in London up to Scotland and then back to his home in Manchester.
I assume the mileage claim should be for mileage actually driven and not be claimed from the London office based on the fact he didn't actually travel to Scotland from London, he travelled from his house in Manchester.
Probably a silly question but just wanted to be sure.
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 85 3
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 503 18
- Paper tax return 115 4
- Start up allowance? 350 12
- Will I need to resign? 109 1
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,337 41
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 232 3
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 166 1
- AIA or IFA 440 7
- Surely not? 433 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 629 9
- Running two businesses from the same premises 361 3
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 353 7
- Late Registration for VAT 350 11
- Old CGT loss 175 2
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 263 5
- Nominal Ledger 357 10
- Share structures 145 5
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 2,155 19
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 348 5