Business mileage calculation
I have an employee who has submitted business mileage when they were send on a course.
For argument sake and to make it clear to understand, assume the employee lives in Manchester, his permanent office work place is in London, and he was sent on a course in Scotland for the day.
So on the day of the course the employee drive from his house in Manchester to Scotland and back again. However, he is claiming mileage from the office in London up to Scotland and then back to his home in Manchester.
I assume the mileage claim should be for mileage actually driven and not be claimed from the London office based on the fact he didn't actually travel to Scotland from London, he travelled from his house in Manchester.
Probably a silly question but just wanted to be sure.
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 163 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 200 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,229 35
- Mortgage Reference 549 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 253 7
- Insovent companies 885 19
- New Build 214 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,297 48
- BrightPay quirks 228 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 808 20
- Website Content 183 1
- Personal Tax 631 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 199 1
- USA Tax Query 314 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 441 5
- last minute request 656 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 368 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 402 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,742 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 988 6