Business mileage calculation
I have an employee who has submitted business mileage when they were send on a course.
For argument sake and to make it clear to understand, assume the employee lives in Manchester, his permanent office work place is in London, and he was sent on a course in Scotland for the day.
So on the day of the course the employee drive from his house in Manchester to Scotland and back again. However, he is claiming mileage from the office in London up to Scotland and then back to his home in Manchester.
I assume the mileage claim should be for mileage actually driven and not be claimed from the London office based on the fact he didn't actually travel to Scotland from London, he travelled from his house in Manchester.
Probably a silly question but just wanted to be sure.
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 45 1
- Signed accounts for bank 620 14
- flat rate scheme 2,299 46
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 815 12
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 95 3
- Business lending another business money (UK) 280 7
- Deferring dividends on paper 126 5
- VAT Query on new build 68 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 124 1
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 135 4
- Family Partnership 223 5
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 63 1
- P11D Car Value 245 6
- NOVA declaration 98 1
- Business valuation advice 702 18
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,495 16
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,221 23
- Can anybody recommend any software 283 2
- Stand alone practice management software 2,102 26
- 2011 Self Assessment Tax return form 164 1