Business mileage calculation
I have an employee who has submitted business mileage when they were send on a course.
For argument sake and to make it clear to understand, assume the employee lives in Manchester, his permanent office work place is in London, and he was sent on a course in Scotland for the day.
So on the day of the course the employee drive from his house in Manchester to Scotland and back again. However, he is claiming mileage from the office in London up to Scotland and then back to his home in Manchester.
I assume the mileage claim should be for mileage actually driven and not be claimed from the London office based on the fact he didn't actually travel to Scotland from London, he travelled from his house in Manchester.
Probably a silly question but just wanted to be sure.
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 109 3
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 122 5
- signature required 298 11
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 439 9
- Sage payroll alternatives 743 13
- More AE! 742 17
- Web sites 199 3
- Homing sandwiches 264 7
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 573 13
- Dispensation 152 3
- Is laminated flooring an improvement on carpets? 485 14
- South African family trust and UK resident beneficiary 90 3
- Seting up a Direct Debit for PAYE 295 3
- Late Filing and Late Registration Penalty 248 3
- Capitalising purchased software 117 2
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 277 2
- Recharge for private use of a company car 568 17
- how to object to registered company name... 356 2
- Property income in different capacities 259 5
- CGT 497 19
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,224
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 809
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 508
- Digita Hosted Software 328
- Credit where credit's due....... 303
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 234
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 182
- TheTax Donut 169
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 154
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 149