Business mileage calculation
I have an employee who has submitted business mileage when they were send on a course.
For argument sake and to make it clear to understand, assume the employee lives in Manchester, his permanent office work place is in London, and he was sent on a course in Scotland for the day.
So on the day of the course the employee drive from his house in Manchester to Scotland and back again. However, he is claiming mileage from the office in London up to Scotland and then back to his home in Manchester.
I assume the mileage claim should be for mileage actually driven and not be claimed from the London office based on the fact he didn't actually travel to Scotland from London, he travelled from his house in Manchester.
Probably a silly question but just wanted to be sure.
- Capital allowances or revenue is capital? 34 1
- any implications of this type of transaction 39 1
- How much did you pay for your website 1,680 28
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 95 3
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 276 11
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 1,027 13
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 261 7
- Sage data 100 1
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 420 9
- Limited company buying a car 359 6
- Funding Circle experience 151 3
- Excel query 114 2
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,289 13
- Payment on account penalties 124 3
- Tax on free shares 140 5
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 206 3
- Capital allowances on sale and puchase of business assets 124 1
- Audit 488 14
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 126 3
- Buying a horse?? 428 12
- CTA study material 804
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 495
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 460
- Employment related securities question 322
- AIM Stocks and IHT 309
- Expat pension contributions? 281
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 280
- Trust for Employee 256
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 231
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 160