Business mileage calculation
I have an employee who has submitted business mileage when they were send on a course.
For argument sake and to make it clear to understand, assume the employee lives in Manchester, his permanent office work place is in London, and he was sent on a course in Scotland for the day.
So on the day of the course the employee drive from his house in Manchester to Scotland and back again. However, he is claiming mileage from the office in London up to Scotland and then back to his home in Manchester.
I assume the mileage claim should be for mileage actually driven and not be claimed from the London office based on the fact he didn't actually travel to Scotland from London, he travelled from his house in Manchester.
Probably a silly question but just wanted to be sure.
- Company formation and bank account 194 7
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 628 8
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,519 44
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 481 9
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 386 8
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 169 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 390 8
- OneNote is fantastic 461 11
- VAT Direct Debit 350 7
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 434 8
- Self Assessment Software 679 21
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 430 13
- Self-assessment statistics 2,347 55
- Director started half way through the year no previous income. Pro rate NI 238 11
- Owning overseas property 225 1
- Fees to charge for Auto enrolment Pension for small Employers 333 3
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 279 1
- Expedia say that they can't give me a VAT invoice 687 13
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,145 21
- PPR on a development? 236 4
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 648
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 398
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 398
- Property letting & CAs 386
- 2015 tax year end 381
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 379
- FCA regulated company in a small group 338
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 255
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 235
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 229