Business mileage calculation
I have an employee who has submitted business mileage when they were send on a course.
For argument sake and to make it clear to understand, assume the employee lives in Manchester, his permanent office work place is in London, and he was sent on a course in Scotland for the day.
So on the day of the course the employee drive from his house in Manchester to Scotland and back again. However, he is claiming mileage from the office in London up to Scotland and then back to his home in Manchester.
I assume the mileage claim should be for mileage actually driven and not be claimed from the London office based on the fact he didn't actually travel to Scotland from London, he travelled from his house in Manchester.
Probably a silly question but just wanted to be sure.
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 93 5
- client threatening legal action 2,104 30
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 134 2
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 143 1
- Instant CPD offer 292 4
- Cash basis 526 13
- Income from rent charged to business 148 2
- payroll software 378 3
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 451 5
- Statutory sick pay 317 4
- Dividend in specie 373 9
- Complicated Company car purchase 225 2
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 182 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 149 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 278 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 299 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 179 3
- Fee base v staff ratio 408 6
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,863 27
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 339 3
- Skandia using wrong address 583
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 311
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 310
- Employee rewards 291
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 261
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 231
- Etax Australian 191
- LLP in Construction Industry 158
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 135
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 135