Business mileage calculation
I have an employee who has submitted business mileage when they were send on a course.
For argument sake and to make it clear to understand, assume the employee lives in Manchester, his permanent office work place is in London, and he was sent on a course in Scotland for the day.
So on the day of the course the employee drive from his house in Manchester to Scotland and back again. However, he is claiming mileage from the office in London up to Scotland and then back to his home in Manchester.
I assume the mileage claim should be for mileage actually driven and not be claimed from the London office based on the fact he didn't actually travel to Scotland from London, he travelled from his house in Manchester.
Probably a silly question but just wanted to be sure.
- Business only use of company car 223 6
- Dividend Tax Petition 307 4
- Buying a business premises in a pension 181 3
- Unilateral Relief - How to calculate UK tax paid 173 2
- Tax efficient vehicle 472 9
- Going through security 257 5
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 463 17
- Sage VAT return reports difference post reconciliation 227 1
- Bank reconciliation 265 8
- Practice software 661 14
- Financial Forecasting software recommendations please 335 3
- Sage Accounts in a mess 271 5
- Buy to let investors and the budget changes. 162 2
- As I was saying, Its VAT question day 245 7
- Goodwill on incorporation 504 17
- Paying PAYE by Direct Debit 355 10
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 202 2
- Retail business software/accounting system 139 2
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 202 9
- Certificate of Tax Deposit and APN's 114 1
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 242
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 225
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 212
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 200
- Web site and client access area advice 182
- Expenses Software 179
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 169
- Any thoughts on Capium? 163
- CTA Material 162
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 160