Business mileage calculation
I have an employee who has submitted business mileage when they were send on a course.
For argument sake and to make it clear to understand, assume the employee lives in Manchester, his permanent office work place is in London, and he was sent on a course in Scotland for the day.
So on the day of the course the employee drive from his house in Manchester to Scotland and back again. However, he is claiming mileage from the office in London up to Scotland and then back to his home in Manchester.
I assume the mileage claim should be for mileage actually driven and not be claimed from the London office based on the fact he didn't actually travel to Scotland from London, he travelled from his house in Manchester.
Probably a silly question but just wanted to be sure.
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,759 26
- Value pricing 226 9
- Undeclared Self Employment 1,556 12
- Audit Required 105 3
- company secretarial software 141 2
- Tax repayment for 2013-14 146 3
- Elective DeductionsModel 63 1
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 187 1
- Rental Income 301 6
- Payroll 2012/13 105 1
- I have a pain 695 6
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 83 1
- convert directors loan account to share capital 174 5
- Anyone else seen incorrect tax code notices - rather worring! 734 17
- Belated VAT Exception Application 122 3
- Cash flow 147 2
- New use of home - simplified method 250 4
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 268 5
- 2 year rule? Self employed. 398 13
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,955 32
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 732
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 500
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 345
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 342
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 263
- VAT on Gaming Machines 211
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 199
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 186
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 177
- Director Loan account operation 150