Business mileage calculation
I have an employee who has submitted business mileage when they were send on a course.
For argument sake and to make it clear to understand, assume the employee lives in Manchester, his permanent office work place is in London, and he was sent on a course in Scotland for the day.
So on the day of the course the employee drive from his house in Manchester to Scotland and back again. However, he is claiming mileage from the office in London up to Scotland and then back to his home in Manchester.
I assume the mileage claim should be for mileage actually driven and not be claimed from the London office based on the fact he didn't actually travel to Scotland from London, he travelled from his house in Manchester.
Probably a silly question but just wanted to be sure.
- Risk Indicators Survey 121 1
- Closing down - who should buy whom? 644 32
- Deceased's Tax Return to date of death 36 1
- Jointly owned property 49 1
- Unpaid Fee's 593 10
- cold file reviewer needed 306 3
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 920 17
- Professional Qualification 266 2
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 310 1
- Late Filing SA due to property income, individual was also a non dom for 15 years 182 11
- VAT margin scheme 147 11
- Auto-enrolment drivel 773 13
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 197 3
- Lack of Quickbooks Online Coverage 338 5
- Company Dividends Received 147 2
- Is Corp tax payable on legacy received by bowls Club? 150 1
- Client information from previous accountant 471 8
- Question regarding A1 Form 178 1
- Maternity allowance 86 1
- Freehold Property Depreciation 73 1
- Possible Partnership? 530
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 522
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 472
- New Fangled Penalties 328
- Clubs and Taxable Income 272
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 263
- Loans to other companies 207
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 187
- English Company Owning Property in Scotland 175
- Outsource Data Entry 158