Business mileage calculation
I have an employee who has submitted business mileage when they were send on a course.
For argument sake and to make it clear to understand, assume the employee lives in Manchester, his permanent office work place is in London, and he was sent on a course in Scotland for the day.
So on the day of the course the employee drive from his house in Manchester to Scotland and back again. However, he is claiming mileage from the office in London up to Scotland and then back to his home in Manchester.
I assume the mileage claim should be for mileage actually driven and not be claimed from the London office based on the fact he didn't actually travel to Scotland from London, he travelled from his house in Manchester.
Probably a silly question but just wanted to be sure.
- VAT BOX 6 & 7 errors 86 5
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 1,693 12
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 343 2
- VAT Option to tax 358 8
- Sage payroll 644 14
- Late P800 demand shows later year? 283 16
- recovery of S455 on informal winding 263 3
- Client has been fined by HMRC 813 18
- LLP members share of profits 466 27
- Consortium relief and bad debts 84 4
- HMRC request for Sage Back Up 2,062 22
- Entrepreneurs Relief 105 3
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,037 17
- Laptop purchase 1,585 21
- CVA guidance 109 2
- BEST CPD COURSE 119 1
- Total cost of employment 293 3
- Accountancy software for an imac 270 6
- PAYE Coding Notices 529 10
- directors loan movements and repayments 249 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 892
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 627
- Free Tax Legislation? 385
- Director Loan account operation 382
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 308
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 306
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 279
- Paye procedures for CVA 210
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 207
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 163