Business mileage calculation
I have an employee who has submitted business mileage when they were send on a course.
For argument sake and to make it clear to understand, assume the employee lives in Manchester, his permanent office work place is in London, and he was sent on a course in Scotland for the day.
So on the day of the course the employee drive from his house in Manchester to Scotland and back again. However, he is claiming mileage from the office in London up to Scotland and then back to his home in Manchester.
I assume the mileage claim should be for mileage actually driven and not be claimed from the London office based on the fact he didn't actually travel to Scotland from London, he travelled from his house in Manchester.
Probably a silly question but just wanted to be sure.
- Non-SA client with large capital gain 304 11
- Welcome to the Saturday Club 1,247 53
- Help needed- Unable to fill CT600 form using HMRC software- service issue 104 2
- Loan repayments (personal) and profits 204 6
- Window Comb Binder Cover 159 3
- client can't/won't pay 418 13
- Help - Capital Allowance 173 6
- AIA 167 4
- Splitting income from property rental or not? 248 6
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 257 9
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,183 18
- 5% penalty on late payment 259 3
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 198 5
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 554 26
- HMRC SA software error? 161 2
- Plant & Machinery for commercial property 170 2
- Tax deduction for Partners for items outside of accounts 268 14
- Drive off and Wastage expenses - No supp doc 210 6
- Treatment of income for sole trader 187 2
- wave software 141 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 787
- Copy Wanted 500
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 457
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 453
- Latest phishing scam 289
- Entrepreneurs' relief 277
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 272
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 251
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 240
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 237