Business Purchased as Going Concern Corporation Tax Liabilty
Please can someone help I have tried searching the internet but cannot get a definitive answer.
I am currently trying to enter all book keeping entries for a business that I think was bought/ transferred as a going concern as the Vat has been transferred to the new owner for her end of year. The new owner did not keep very good records and this is the first time I have come accross a business that has been bought out by a in one accounting period. The business incorporated 7.3.11 and was sold 1.10.11. Should I be entering information from 7.3.11 or 1.10.11??
i have only been entering from 01.10.11, is this correct? There is only partial records from the previous owner, what happens to the previous accounting records, should the seller have provided. I have a few bank statements that was being used by both owners for 2 months but no information on some transactions as there is no paperwork. Does the business start on 01.10.11 with or without opening balances, if so where do I get the information from, or does it start from 7.3.11 and the seller should of given all accounting records.
Is the new owner liable for corporation tax on the full income/expenditure from 7.3.11 or only from her take over on 1.10.11??
A speedy response would be really great
- IR 35 Company - Timing issue 210 2
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 211 6
- HMRC having technical difficulties 377 12
- Giving shares away 63 1
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 601 5
- VAT disaggregation 192 3
- What are HMRC implying? 568 2
- Ltd Company CIS Repayments 85 2
- Unequal share tenant in common 50 1
- Right To Manage Company 139 2
- mortgages & SA302 - can Halifax really be this thick? 893 7
- Registering with HMRC for VAT cash accounting 190 3
- Maternity and claining expenses 822 7
- VAT Flat Rate 337 1
- BrightPay quirks 386 6
- Closing down loss-making company 271 3
- AccountingWEB survey 479 8
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,172 31
- Virus alert! Anyone get this email today? 825 10
- My own & spouse's Irish returns & ROS 317 1