Business Records Checks Suspended
"An internal review of HM Revenue & Customs' 'Business Records Checks' initiative found that it had been poorly targeted, overstated how much it would collect for the Treasury and damaged the taxman's relationship with accountants and business groups.
The scheme will be relaunched "early in the next financial year" with a "fresh approach", HMRC said.
Accountants, Conservative backbenchers and business groups had complained that business owners were being "harassed and mistreated" by a pilot version of the scheme."
I believe this was issued late on Friday evening, so no doubt John and the folks at AWeb will provide a more in-depth analysis on Monday.
However, I am encouraged that HMRC have taken action given what many of us have been saying over many months about BRC's.
- When to include value of import in Box 7 64 1
- employer pension contributions - OMB company 164 2
- Accounts production software license expiry & possible alternatives 306 7
- Capital gain? 80 3
- Are clients getting more stupid? 1,248 21
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 268 8
- Recharge for private use of a company car 349 8
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 415 8
- vat help for catering concession 276 10
- IHT dilemma 1,155 17
- Tax return software for remote working 234 3
- CGT 336 14
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 322 1
- Interest paid to non-UK company - Deduction 111 2
- Compliance check 514 13
- sole trader accountant 791 14
- Entrepreneurs Relief 402 15
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 605 21
- More AE! 506 11
- How to classify an asset 165 3
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,080
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 780
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 464
- Digita Hosted Software 281
- Call Centre Data Costs 252
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 228
- Credit where credit's due....... 219
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 208
- Married Couples Allowance wasted? 188
- Director phone costs 151