Business subsistence on daily trip
While reasonable costs of subsistence are allowable for overnight business trips, does BIM37670 say that subsistence is claimable for, say, an occasional trip to London where a meal and some coffees and some water will be bought? The person is self-employed and returns home the same day.
I am confused by HMRC mixing the issue up in the same paragraph with 'itinerant travellers'; also what do they mean by 'the normal pattern'?
Thanks for any help.
- RTI and Advances to Employees 54 1
- New build property to be rented 43 2
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 35 1
- Sorry - another PPR question 148 2
- Outstanding Loans 184 3
- Networking 829 7
- Allocation of income from property 610 22
- Services by BVI Company for UK Company 79 2
- bookkeeping system 444 7
- Private company division 280 4
- Sharing ODBC Excel Pivot Tables over network 110 2
- Company car in the LLP 96 1
- 64-8 problems 304 4
- flat rate scheme 1,800 37
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 871 11
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 320 9
- Unpaid share capital 203 2
- Bad debt receipt for dissolved company 140 1
- VAT Refunds 167 2
- Company van paid by director 308 3