Business subsistence on daily trip
While reasonable costs of subsistence are allowable for overnight business trips, does BIM37670 say that subsistence is claimable for, say, an occasional trip to London where a meal and some coffees and some water will be bought? The person is self-employed and returns home the same day.
I am confused by HMRC mixing the issue up in the same paragraph with 'itinerant travellers'; also what do they mean by 'the normal pattern'?
Thanks for any help.
- Xerocon 2016 1,193 33
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 133 2
- New Build 167 1
- Mortgage Reference 496 6
- Rounding errors on CT600 171 5
- Insovent companies 858 18
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,292 48
- BrightPay quirks 170 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 791 20
- Website Content 106 1
- Personal Tax 617 12
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 120 1
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 156 1
- USA Tax Query 285 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 429 5
- last minute request 640 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 339 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 373 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,728 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 985 6