Business subsistence on daily trip
While reasonable costs of subsistence are allowable for overnight business trips, does BIM37670 say that subsistence is claimable for, say, an occasional trip to London where a meal and some coffees and some water will be bought? The person is self-employed and returns home the same day.
I am confused by HMRC mixing the issue up in the same paragraph with 'itinerant travellers'; also what do they mean by 'the normal pattern'?
Thanks for any help.
- New Starter Checklist 188 8
- Goodwill complications 311 7
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 485 21
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 377 6
- TaxCalc Accounts production 209 3
- HMRC Distraint 200 2
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 179 2
- Will I need to resign? 612 9
- Old CGT loss 289 8
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 710 21
- What are the implications for a UK company director resident in Canada 89 3
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 340 8
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 409 7
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 1,035 16
- How to explain this to someone 180 1
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,408 20
- UK Pension Income For Non-Residents 145 5
- Should Nominal Ledger be given to new accountant 628 15
- Charges for VAT MOSS 221 1
- Limited company purchase of property 507 4