Business subsistence on daily trip
While reasonable costs of subsistence are allowable for overnight business trips, does BIM37670 say that subsistence is claimable for, say, an occasional trip to London where a meal and some coffees and some water will be bought? The person is self-employed and returns home the same day.
I am confused by HMRC mixing the issue up in the same paragraph with 'itinerant travellers'; also what do they mean by 'the normal pattern'?
Thanks for any help.
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 2,205 39
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 685 30
- SDLT 51 1
- An IT question 115 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,432 27
- Employment allowance changes 173 6
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 718 13
- Voluntary dissolution of company 273 5
- Bankstream 961 23
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 216 2
- Excel - Sage Integrated Reporting 131 1
- Inter Company Loans 30 1
- Software that posts COGS? 560 13
- Xerocon 2016 527 9
- Disengagement Help! 334 12
- VAT on online services 210 2
- sale/transfer of shares in a private limited company to a related holding company 33 1
- Excel budget templates - help 493 2
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 450 18
- Opening Balance in Sage 50 Accounts 251 5