Buying property from a director / shareholder
I am looking for any creative ideas on this one!!
I have a client who owns a building which is rented to his Limited company. I have warned him he will not get ER due to market rent.
He wants to (for reasons I cannot go into here) to have the Limited comany, in which he owns 100%, owning the property.
If he gifted it, then I had assumed for accounts purposes I would need to show at market value any way - but. as he is connected it will be at Market Value for CGT. He could do an holdover relief claim, I assume though!
- Turnover on a tax return 336 9
- IT Contractor 244 1
- Professional coaching claimable? 142 1
- Sage instant account codes 129 1
- Networking 169 1
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 272 4
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 210 1
- incorrect old p60 456 11
- Cashflow forecasting software 308 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,937 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 306 4
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 256 3
- VAT refund 200 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 279 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 273 3
- Missing tax return 398 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,134 30
- Inflation and fees 1,417 24
- Sage Priority Support 193 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 847 24