Buying property from a director / shareholder
I am looking for any creative ideas on this one!!
I have a client who owns a building which is rented to his Limited company. I have warned him he will not get ER due to market rent.
He wants to (for reasons I cannot go into here) to have the Limited comany, in which he owns 100%, owning the property.
If he gifted it, then I had assumed for accounts purposes I would need to show at market value any way - but. as he is connected it will be at Market Value for CGT. He could do an holdover relief claim, I assume though!
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 161 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,207 35
- Mortgage Reference 516 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 215 7
- Insovent companies 877 19
- New Build 179 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,293 48
- BrightPay quirks 190 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 799 20
- Website Content 142 1
- Personal Tax 621 12
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 127 1
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 171 1
- USA Tax Query 294 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 434 5
- last minute request 647 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 345 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 380 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,736 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 987 6