CA for first year of trading, losses and carryback/fwd
As a Sole trader (who is also employed under PAYE and in need of an accountant!), built up contacts, bought equipment and set up websites before trading in 2011/2012.
SE Business is a mixture of consultancy, training and multi-media work including photography, video, designing websites and publishing in technical and national journals.
Under self employment clients paid £1500 in 2011/2012.
Expenses such as utilities, mileage allowance only for business miles (not commuting to employee workplace) understood.
Given the large investment made in audio/photographic equipment, software, and relatively small income return, what can be taken as AIA/FYA - a significant amount of equipment was bought before April 2011 and some in that tax year. The latter amounted to approximately £3000 whilst the former (including office furniture) is around £12500.
Can any other start up costs like website hosting fees, advertising costs from previous years be included?
Once the loss is calculated what is better -
1. claim £1500 for 2011/2012 and carry fwd the remainder at WDA 18%
2.claim all losses for that TY - doesn't this affect PA?
3. claim £1500 for TY and remainder offset against PAYE income of previous year?
- ACCA - still making me laugh 405 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 225 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 290 11
- Tax return software for remote working 447 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 469 9
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 778 24
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 398 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 435 9
- How to purchase business premises? 122 2
- Will I need to resign? 782 10
- Childcare vouchers 135 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 266 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 294 6
- VAT avoidance? 205 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 173 3
- PAYE coding out 163 3
- Follower cases 569 2
- LIVE chat, starting now 450 2
- Late Registration for VAT 448 12
- TheTax Donut 1,143 1
- Hive up 467
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 432
- corporate hierarchy 413
- Advice - 241
- Amortisation of Goodwill 211
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 197
- WWOOFers 192
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 173
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 172
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 168