CA for first year of trading, losses and carryback/fwd
As a Sole trader (who is also employed under PAYE and in need of an accountant!), built up contacts, bought equipment and set up websites before trading in 2011/2012.
SE Business is a mixture of consultancy, training and multi-media work including photography, video, designing websites and publishing in technical and national journals.
Under self employment clients paid £1500 in 2011/2012.
Expenses such as utilities, mileage allowance only for business miles (not commuting to employee workplace) understood.
Given the large investment made in audio/photographic equipment, software, and relatively small income return, what can be taken as AIA/FYA - a significant amount of equipment was bought before April 2011 and some in that tax year. The latter amounted to approximately £3000 whilst the former (including office furniture) is around £12500.
Can any other start up costs like website hosting fees, advertising costs from previous years be included?
Once the loss is calculated what is better -
1. claim £1500 for 2011/2012 and carry fwd the remainder at WDA 18%
2.claim all losses for that TY - doesn't this affect PA?
3. claim £1500 for TY and remainder offset against PAYE income of previous year?
- Christmas party 78 1
- Am i Liable? 78 4
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 733 10
- Checking a contract 286 8
- Flat Rate Scheme 306 15
- Altered PAYE cheque 219 5
- deleting customers on Sage 50 151 7
- VAT on garage rent 318 14
- Value-shifting 59 1
- Pattern for CTA 204 4
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 441 18
- SDLT exemptions/reliefs 78 2
- Incorrect Accounts. Is it worth taking action against the old accountant? 213 3
- Film Partnership Enquiries - am I just unlucky? 234 5
- EBT 175 1
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 172 8
- Giving a seminar 527 28
- Joint Filing Help 104 1
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 2,244 32
- Interest on Loan to a Company 252 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,205
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 600
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 404
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 311
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 191
- Agent fees to sell business 186
- Alphabet shares 186
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 180
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 169
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 160