CA for first year of trading, losses and carryback/fwd
As a Sole trader (who is also employed under PAYE and in need of an accountant!), built up contacts, bought equipment and set up websites before trading in 2011/2012.
SE Business is a mixture of consultancy, training and multi-media work including photography, video, designing websites and publishing in technical and national journals.
Under self employment clients paid £1500 in 2011/2012.
Expenses such as utilities, mileage allowance only for business miles (not commuting to employee workplace) understood.
Given the large investment made in audio/photographic equipment, software, and relatively small income return, what can be taken as AIA/FYA - a significant amount of equipment was bought before April 2011 and some in that tax year. The latter amounted to approximately £3000 whilst the former (including office furniture) is around £12500.
Can any other start up costs like website hosting fees, advertising costs from previous years be included?
Once the loss is calculated what is better -
1. claim £1500 for 2011/2012 and carry fwd the remainder at WDA 18%
2.claim all losses for that TY - doesn't this affect PA?
3. claim £1500 for TY and remainder offset against PAYE income of previous year?
- More Auto enrolment (sorry) 47 1
- Is this acceptable advice for limited co 1,070 29
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 435 8
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 223 6
- VAT silly question 2,266 51
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 170 6
- Classic cars investment 156 4
- Ceasing to trade when legal action being taken.. 252 3
- Cater Allen Commission 135 3
- How do I complain about an FCCA accountant 251 4
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 728 20
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 130 1
- VAT on 'educational' services - UK and overseas 81 1
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 128 1
- Sage 2010 data corruption 138 5
- online book keeping systems - what happens after you stop paying? 505 13
- Sage at it again? 372 5
- BrightPay 514 13
- Is this a scam? 1,609 27
- S455 463 21
- Benchmarking 473
- Possible Partnership? 419
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 403
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 391
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 335
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 198
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 182
- Income tax on foreign dividends 175
- Clubs and Taxable Income 173
- Late reply from HMRC 173