CA for first year of trading, losses and carryback/fwd
As a Sole trader (who is also employed under PAYE and in need of an accountant!), built up contacts, bought equipment and set up websites before trading in 2011/2012.
SE Business is a mixture of consultancy, training and multi-media work including photography, video, designing websites and publishing in technical and national journals.
Under self employment clients paid £1500 in 2011/2012.
Expenses such as utilities, mileage allowance only for business miles (not commuting to employee workplace) understood.
Given the large investment made in audio/photographic equipment, software, and relatively small income return, what can be taken as AIA/FYA - a significant amount of equipment was bought before April 2011 and some in that tax year. The latter amounted to approximately £3000 whilst the former (including office furniture) is around £12500.
Can any other start up costs like website hosting fees, advertising costs from previous years be included?
Once the loss is calculated what is better -
1. claim £1500 for 2011/2012 and carry fwd the remainder at WDA 18%
2.claim all losses for that TY - doesn't this affect PA?
3. claim £1500 for TY and remainder offset against PAYE income of previous year?
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 1,020 30
- Dress code 408 13
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 485 16
- Accounts submitted to a the charities comission 84 1
- Project being run jointly 196 3
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 301 4
- Companies House 594 9
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 126 1
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 336 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 729 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,432 25
- What would you do in this situation? 612 13
- Help Required 392 10
- directors control and tax problems 270 5
- Fastest Software 801 13
- What's in a name ? 367 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 287 4
- Bulk Invoicing 188 6
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 176 3
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 257 2
- CTA study material 712
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 434
- Employment related securities question 273
- AIM Stocks and IHT 251
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 215
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 208
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 208
- Trust for Employee 195
- Expat pension contributions? 195
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 166