CA for first year of trading, losses and carryback/fwd
As a Sole trader (who is also employed under PAYE and in need of an accountant!), built up contacts, bought equipment and set up websites before trading in 2011/2012.
SE Business is a mixture of consultancy, training and multi-media work including photography, video, designing websites and publishing in technical and national journals.
Under self employment clients paid £1500 in 2011/2012.
Expenses such as utilities, mileage allowance only for business miles (not commuting to employee workplace) understood.
Given the large investment made in audio/photographic equipment, software, and relatively small income return, what can be taken as AIA/FYA - a significant amount of equipment was bought before April 2011 and some in that tax year. The latter amounted to approximately £3000 whilst the former (including office furniture) is around £12500.
Can any other start up costs like website hosting fees, advertising costs from previous years be included?
Once the loss is calculated what is better -
1. claim £1500 for 2011/2012 and carry fwd the remainder at WDA 18%
2.claim all losses for that TY - doesn't this affect PA?
3. claim £1500 for TY and remainder offset against PAYE income of previous year?
- Allowable expenditure when claiming wear & tear 91 4
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 18 1
- Can I zero rate the VAT? 178 4
- BTC Software 168 7
- Data Protection and emailing documents 1,171 18
- New Practice 321 18
- Change of director first name on Annual Return 90 1
- CGT on second home? 86 3
- Myfirmsapp 697 17
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 269 6
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 207 6
- Feedback on Kashflow and VAT 62 1
- Sage reporting 57 2
- accounts & tax software for small accountancy firms 868 29
- Does anyone have a formula to compare employment to self-employment rates? 492 12
- Taxfiler V's BTC 678 25
- Directors loan accounts 149 4
- HMRC 2009/10 Return 268 4
- Goods Purchased for Rental 545 29
- UK Tax Treatment of Finance Lease Payments 107 1
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 1,011
- International interest certificate 589
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 517
- NOVA 473
- Bonus Bonds 357
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 337
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 258
- Payment for Promotional Samples 232
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 225
- Quickbooks 2015 154