CA for first year of trading, losses and carryback/fwd
As a Sole trader (who is also employed under PAYE and in need of an accountant!), built up contacts, bought equipment and set up websites before trading in 2011/2012.
SE Business is a mixture of consultancy, training and multi-media work including photography, video, designing websites and publishing in technical and national journals.
Under self employment clients paid £1500 in 2011/2012.
Expenses such as utilities, mileage allowance only for business miles (not commuting to employee workplace) understood.
Given the large investment made in audio/photographic equipment, software, and relatively small income return, what can be taken as AIA/FYA - a significant amount of equipment was bought before April 2011 and some in that tax year. The latter amounted to approximately £3000 whilst the former (including office furniture) is around £12500.
Can any other start up costs like website hosting fees, advertising costs from previous years be included?
Once the loss is calculated what is better -
1. claim £1500 for 2011/2012 and carry fwd the remainder at WDA 18%
2.claim all losses for that TY - doesn't this affect PA?
3. claim £1500 for TY and remainder offset against PAYE income of previous year?
- Credit card receipts vs VAT receipts 2,089 28
- Update workbook linkage without opening source 140 5
- SA Agent's Priority Line 48 2
- Company Director In Prison 248 6
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 751 23
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 637 13
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 133 7
- Managing Employee Expenses 134 5
- Charity work 132 6
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 274 3
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 663 21
- MAAT vs ACCA 357 6
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,544 70
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,539 55
- VAT registration? 143 1
- ec sales lists 157 1
- VAT registration to supply services in EU 137 1
- Vat Retrospective Reclaim 149 1
- donations to school via self employed business (registered charity) 119 4
- Small company audit 763 12
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 662
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 480
- Cancelled 418
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 358
- Cancelled 358
- Probiz 328
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 317
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 240
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 212
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 183