CA for first year of trading, losses and carryback/fwd
As a Sole trader (who is also employed under PAYE and in need of an accountant!), built up contacts, bought equipment and set up websites before trading in 2011/2012.
SE Business is a mixture of consultancy, training and multi-media work including photography, video, designing websites and publishing in technical and national journals.
Under self employment clients paid £1500 in 2011/2012.
Expenses such as utilities, mileage allowance only for business miles (not commuting to employee workplace) understood.
Given the large investment made in audio/photographic equipment, software, and relatively small income return, what can be taken as AIA/FYA - a significant amount of equipment was bought before April 2011 and some in that tax year. The latter amounted to approximately £3000 whilst the former (including office furniture) is around £12500.
Can any other start up costs like website hosting fees, advertising costs from previous years be included?
Once the loss is calculated what is better -
1. claim £1500 for 2011/2012 and carry fwd the remainder at WDA 18%
2.claim all losses for that TY - doesn't this affect PA?
3. claim £1500 for TY and remainder offset against PAYE income of previous year?
- AIA for a Van, Self Employed 377 4
- Tax treatment of gift of expensive watch 406 10
- Directors exempt from AE? 160 6
- Availability of Tax Relief on Expenses incurred for Voluntary Work Overseas 60 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 623 21
- The importance of Grammar 1,223 34
- Profit split from an investment property 79 4
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,229 34
- Xero Pain Points 476 17
- DIRECTOR LOAN ACCOUNT AND BALANCE 277 8
- 2014/15 Tax calculation spread sheet 835 12
- VAT and Groups 59 2
- Capital Allowances and CGT interaction 222 7
- Post Budget Disincorporations 1,874 13
- tax saving on card points 175 3
- VAT & Offshore Companies 197 7
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 438 5
- Scissors 800 23
- Mobile phone costs during maternity leave for OMB 291 8
- working from home 1,696 29
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 365
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 317
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 302
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 289
- Electric Car 247
- S222 Charge 216
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 211
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 198
- Company Structure 188
- VAT and customer entertaining 171