CA for first year of trading, losses and carryback/fwd
As a Sole trader (who is also employed under PAYE and in need of an accountant!), built up contacts, bought equipment and set up websites before trading in 2011/2012.
SE Business is a mixture of consultancy, training and multi-media work including photography, video, designing websites and publishing in technical and national journals.
Under self employment clients paid £1500 in 2011/2012.
Expenses such as utilities, mileage allowance only for business miles (not commuting to employee workplace) understood.
Given the large investment made in audio/photographic equipment, software, and relatively small income return, what can be taken as AIA/FYA - a significant amount of equipment was bought before April 2011 and some in that tax year. The latter amounted to approximately £3000 whilst the former (including office furniture) is around £12500.
Can any other start up costs like website hosting fees, advertising costs from previous years be included?
Once the loss is calculated what is better -
1. claim £1500 for 2011/2012 and carry fwd the remainder at WDA 18%
2.claim all losses for that TY - doesn't this affect PA?
3. claim £1500 for TY and remainder offset against PAYE income of previous year?
- problems getting through to the ACCA technical helpline 127 3
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 119 3
- error on companies house accounts 166 5
- ACCA Accountants Report 127 1
- Sole trader startup losses and PAYE income in same year 197 5
- Newly Started Practice 241 6
- Commission on holiday accrual 82 1
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 163 2
- HMRC computer behind the times 211 3
- Who's going to the next Tick & Bash? 354 6
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 249 6
- Overtime etc for PT employees 175 2
- Generic Notification Notices 136 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 454 5
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 120 1
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 440 5
- RTI lost some data on laptop packing up!! 100 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 251 4
- Does This Company Need To File A Tax Return 152 1
- fraud 421 1
- QROP pension input amounts 477
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 444
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 421
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 270
- EPS and CIS deductions 262
- Construction CIS LLP Company 248
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 215
- SAGE winforecast 181
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 173
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 166