CA for first year of trading, losses and carryback/fwd
As a Sole trader (who is also employed under PAYE and in need of an accountant!), built up contacts, bought equipment and set up websites before trading in 2011/2012.
SE Business is a mixture of consultancy, training and multi-media work including photography, video, designing websites and publishing in technical and national journals.
Under self employment clients paid £1500 in 2011/2012.
Expenses such as utilities, mileage allowance only for business miles (not commuting to employee workplace) understood.
Given the large investment made in audio/photographic equipment, software, and relatively small income return, what can be taken as AIA/FYA - a significant amount of equipment was bought before April 2011 and some in that tax year. The latter amounted to approximately £3000 whilst the former (including office furniture) is around £12500.
Can any other start up costs like website hosting fees, advertising costs from previous years be included?
Once the loss is calculated what is better -
1. claim £1500 for 2011/2012 and carry fwd the remainder at WDA 18%
2.claim all losses for that TY - doesn't this affect PA?
3. claim £1500 for TY and remainder offset against PAYE income of previous year?
- Mixing up NI numbers under RTI 268 7
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 593 9
- 31st october deadline 364 6
- Property gift to sister 106 4
- RTI Late Registration query 140 1
- Treatment of one-off payments to non-employees 216 2
- Payroll software 139 1
- Who gets the CGT deduction 211 2
- Accounting for display stands 230 7
- Companies House Search 296 3
- VAT training 273 4
- Letter saying client is IR35 compliant 270 3
- Is it any of my business ? 1,512 15
- VAT Flat Rate Scheme 318 3
- A Friday Funny. 317 5
- Something for the weekend? 272 5
- Moneysoft Payroll 556 12
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 1,251 19
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 2,539 26
- Coming out of flat rate 157 1
- NHS finance professionals 708
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 429
- Foreign Pension Contribution 402
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 386
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 383
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 338
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 301
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 279
- IFA income recognition & reporting 224
- Incorporating doctors 218