CA for first year of trading, losses and carryback/fwd
As a Sole trader (who is also employed under PAYE and in need of an accountant!), built up contacts, bought equipment and set up websites before trading in 2011/2012.
SE Business is a mixture of consultancy, training and multi-media work including photography, video, designing websites and publishing in technical and national journals.
Under self employment clients paid £1500 in 2011/2012.
Expenses such as utilities, mileage allowance only for business miles (not commuting to employee workplace) understood.
Given the large investment made in audio/photographic equipment, software, and relatively small income return, what can be taken as AIA/FYA - a significant amount of equipment was bought before April 2011 and some in that tax year. The latter amounted to approximately £3000 whilst the former (including office furniture) is around £12500.
Can any other start up costs like website hosting fees, advertising costs from previous years be included?
Once the loss is calculated what is better -
1. claim £1500 for 2011/2012 and carry fwd the remainder at WDA 18%
2.claim all losses for that TY - doesn't this affect PA?
3. claim £1500 for TY and remainder offset against PAYE income of previous year?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 643 5
- See you all on the other side 693 6
- 12Pay 460 2
- dividends 613 2
- R&D 323 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,182 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 440 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 416 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 373 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 546 5
- Seeking a tax case 642 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 505 4
- Companies house strike off 553 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 429 2
- Moving to the cloud 747 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 216 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 905 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 211 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,092 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 504 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 562
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 420
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 373
- IRIS and FRS 102 355
- Capitalising Finance Lease 327
- USA help 317
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 297
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 293
- Marginal rates of tax 293
- Class 2 NI 280