CA for first year of trading, losses and carryback/fwd
As a Sole trader (who is also employed under PAYE and in need of an accountant!), built up contacts, bought equipment and set up websites before trading in 2011/2012.
SE Business is a mixture of consultancy, training and multi-media work including photography, video, designing websites and publishing in technical and national journals.
Under self employment clients paid £1500 in 2011/2012.
Expenses such as utilities, mileage allowance only for business miles (not commuting to employee workplace) understood.
Given the large investment made in audio/photographic equipment, software, and relatively small income return, what can be taken as AIA/FYA - a significant amount of equipment was bought before April 2011 and some in that tax year. The latter amounted to approximately £3000 whilst the former (including office furniture) is around £12500.
Can any other start up costs like website hosting fees, advertising costs from previous years be included?
Once the loss is calculated what is better -
1. claim £1500 for 2011/2012 and carry fwd the remainder at WDA 18%
2.claim all losses for that TY - doesn't this affect PA?
3. claim £1500 for TY and remainder offset against PAYE income of previous year?
- Director registration for SA question 404 16
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 109 3
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 241 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 486 22
- Voluntary Disclosure 84 1
- valuation of vehicles 385 16
- Business only use of company car 675 26
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 500 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 298 4
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 931 29
- New Company reviews please 528 13
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 298 4
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 199 2
- VAT with Russia 206 2
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 232 4
- Money Laundering Manual 299 11
- cgt quoted shares losses 239 2
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,107 29
- directors loan 346 8
- Holiday pay calculator for client use? 370 4
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 293
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 243
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 237
- Any thoughts on Capium? 221
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 216
- auto enrolment 185
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 174
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 151
- How to account for investment in JV? 148
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 147