CA for first year of trading, losses and carryback/fwd
As a Sole trader (who is also employed under PAYE and in need of an accountant!), built up contacts, bought equipment and set up websites before trading in 2011/2012.
SE Business is a mixture of consultancy, training and multi-media work including photography, video, designing websites and publishing in technical and national journals.
Under self employment clients paid £1500 in 2011/2012.
Expenses such as utilities, mileage allowance only for business miles (not commuting to employee workplace) understood.
Given the large investment made in audio/photographic equipment, software, and relatively small income return, what can be taken as AIA/FYA - a significant amount of equipment was bought before April 2011 and some in that tax year. The latter amounted to approximately £3000 whilst the former (including office furniture) is around £12500.
Can any other start up costs like website hosting fees, advertising costs from previous years be included?
Once the loss is calculated what is better -
1. claim £1500 for 2011/2012 and carry fwd the remainder at WDA 18%
2.claim all losses for that TY - doesn't this affect PA?
3. claim £1500 for TY and remainder offset against PAYE income of previous year?
- P11D Rejection 366 9
- How to avoid a bankruptcy 516 14
- Selling a practice 339 5
- KPMG email campaign and impact on market 1,260 20
- Incapable of reading 119 1
- How to pay national insurance 140 2
- Overlap relief 461 12
- Live Chat on Accountancy Website 107 1
- Related party - Transaction with sole director’s father 79 1
- Dormant payroll 838 9
- Form 17 - legal ownership requirements 177 5
- Can I get around an ostrich director? 131 1
- "Can your client afford the following" 1,332 21
- Why won't CH validate accounts? 624 13
- PPR exemption on separation 146 1
- P11DX: change of requirement by HMRC 1,549 10
- Intercompany loans 110 1
- How do I create a tax journal from my corporation tax return? 178 3
- Limited Company 338 11
- Sage renewals and terminations 133 1
- Theatre Tax Relief 442
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 345
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 335
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 311
- Perkbox 274
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 242
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 242
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 235
- Document Management Systems 215
- WIP Software 199