Calculation of payable R&D tax credit
I have recently submitted an R&D tax credit claim to HMRC and they have paid less than expected. Here is my calculation...
For accounting period to 31st December 2011 Ltd Co qualifying expenditure pre 1 April 2011 was £16,000 post 75% enhancement = £28,000 R&D deduction
For accounting period to 31st December 2011 Ltd Co qualifying expenditure post 1 April 2011 was £11,000 post 100% enhancement = £22,000 R&D deduction
Taxable loss for the period (before R&D relief) were (£46,000).
I calculate the payable tax credit as...
Adjusted loss for period = (46,000) + (28,000) R&D to April 1st = (74,000)*14% = £10,360
R&D post 1st April = (22,000)*12.5% = £2,750
Total tax credit payable (assuming sufficient PAYE & NI) = (10,360+2,750) = 13,110
My calculation is based on CIRD90500 - R&D tax relief.
HMRC have adjusted my workings to calculate the payable tax credit to 1st April = 28,000*14% =£3,920 (excluding the effect of the adjusted loss).
Can someone please advise who is right?
Thanks in advance
- What are options for non CA firm 1,524 18
- Tick & Bash Bristol 187 4
- FRS to standard - check my understanding 83 1
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 420 21
- Are pre trading lossess able to be off set if the company does not trade? 33 2
- Accounting for VAT on an EU Acquisition 76 1
- Tax position re this lease? 125 2
- VAT on Training Courses 128 2
- No VAT apportionment on tools on hand at registration? 129 2
- Self employed travel expenses 142 3
- which software 377 4
- Filing Dormant LLPs with Companies House 54 1
- Is a tax return required - rental income? 389 4
- Audit exempt subsidiary 84 1
- Accounting treatment of service charges incurred prior to occupation 142 1
- Best apps for clients 277 4
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 596 8
- sole trader employing his girlfriend 1,846 16
- HMRC list of tax avoidance schemes 281 2
- Corporation tax - group relief on 75% subsidiary 129 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 576
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 448
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 351
- IFA incorporation 333
- Sorry ignore me 313
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 268
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 262
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 255
- Cancelled 196
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 163