Calculation of payable R&D tax credit
I have recently submitted an R&D tax credit claim to HMRC and they have paid less than expected. Here is my calculation...
For accounting period to 31st December 2011 Ltd Co qualifying expenditure pre 1 April 2011 was £16,000 post 75% enhancement = £28,000 R&D deduction
For accounting period to 31st December 2011 Ltd Co qualifying expenditure post 1 April 2011 was £11,000 post 100% enhancement = £22,000 R&D deduction
Taxable loss for the period (before R&D relief) were (£46,000).
I calculate the payable tax credit as...
Adjusted loss for period = (46,000) + (28,000) R&D to April 1st = (74,000)*14% = £10,360
R&D post 1st April = (22,000)*12.5% = £2,750
Total tax credit payable (assuming sufficient PAYE & NI) = (10,360+2,750) = 13,110
My calculation is based on CIRD90500 - R&D tax relief.
HMRC have adjusted my workings to calculate the payable tax credit to 1st April = 28,000*14% =£3,920 (excluding the effect of the adjusted loss).
Can someone please advise who is right?
Thanks in advance
- A round of applause please for winner of BITCH OF THE 130 9
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 41 1
- Your comments please 255 6
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 295 5
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 155 9
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 77 2
- EIS 179 4
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 68 2
- Income Splitting - form 17 and DoT 80 1
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 93 2
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 182 2
- Transfer of Software to sister company 92 1
- CGT history of shares 141 2
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 694 14
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 191 1
- Ordering same-day transactions 118 2
- As a soletrader taxi service, would purchasing low emissions taxi-cars qualify for AIA capital allowance? 212 2
- Closing my business down 381 20
- Recording Calls 126 1
- Accounting for reversed transaction 102 1
- Moving away from CCH software 961
- QROP pension input amounts 447
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 391
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 372
- fraud 294
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 268
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 236
- Construction CIS LLP Company 223
- EPS and CIS deductions 216
- Out of time or not? 200