Can anybody point me in the right direction??
Good Monday Morning Everyone,
Could anyone point me in the right direction to find out more about accounting for a speculative property developer?
I just can't find any literature and the FRSSE doesn't help me much thus far either.
For example, the motive is to make a profit from the sale of the eventual properties. Therefore one would assume that the direct costs are not capitalised into an asset. But then the development will incur large losses at the start to be carried forward for when the property is, hopefully, sold. But is this right? I am thinking the capitalised version would be correct. And then, what if a buyer is found and monies are transferred before the property is finished? Would this be deferred income in accordance with accruals? If so, when would it be released?
As you can see, I have a million questions and I am very keen to learn more on this topic so I would sincerely appreciate any guidance or pointers in the right direction. Please no "ask your accountant" responses.
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 1,045 14
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,316 14
- Capital allowances or revenue is capital? 128 2
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 563 9
- Payment on account penalties 150 4
- How much did you pay for your website 1,701 29
- any implications of this type of transaction 82 2
- Mem & Arts - Multiple Share Classes & Rights 97 1
- Does IR35 apply? 101 1
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 107 3
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 298 11
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 269 7
- Sage data 112 1
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 424 9
- Limited company buying a car 366 6
- Funding Circle experience 168 3
- Excel query 134 2
- Tax on free shares 159 5
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 214 3
- Capital allowances on sale and puchase of business assets 133 1
- CTA study material 809
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 500
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 462
- Employment related securities question 326
- AIM Stocks and IHT 313
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 287
- Expat pension contributions? 284
- Trust for Employee 258
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 240
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 162