Can anybody point me in the right direction??
Good Monday Morning Everyone,
Could anyone point me in the right direction to find out more about accounting for a speculative property developer?
I just can't find any literature and the FRSSE doesn't help me much thus far either.
For example, the motive is to make a profit from the sale of the eventual properties. Therefore one would assume that the direct costs are not capitalised into an asset. But then the development will incur large losses at the start to be carried forward for when the property is, hopefully, sold. But is this right? I am thinking the capitalised version would be correct. And then, what if a buyer is found and monies are transferred before the property is finished? Would this be deferred income in accordance with accruals? If so, when would it be released?
As you can see, I have a million questions and I am very keen to learn more on this topic so I would sincerely appreciate any guidance or pointers in the right direction. Please no "ask your accountant" responses.
- Simplified use of home - contradiction 226 4
- Dissolved company with o/s corporation tax 186 5
- Teacher doing marking - tax deducted 434 5
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,939 94
- Repayment of maternity pay 48 1
- Self assesment online 197 3
- maternity allowance for self employed individual 154 1
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 89 6
- Refusing to complete a tax return 310 9
- Year end 82 1
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 396 13
- What sectors to target? 281 10
- Online Payroll with Auto Enrolment 153 2
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 888 31
- IHT and cash gifts 177 4
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 731 32
- Practice management 206 3
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 366 1
- Flat Conversion Allowance 84 1
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 253 4
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 911
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 623
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 584
- Latest phishing scam 550
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 384
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 287
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 208
- Capital allowances in first basis period 196
- Sabbatical payments 182
- Scratch Head 175