Can anybody point me in the right direction??
Good Monday Morning Everyone,
Could anyone point me in the right direction to find out more about accounting for a speculative property developer?
I just can't find any literature and the FRSSE doesn't help me much thus far either.
For example, the motive is to make a profit from the sale of the eventual properties. Therefore one would assume that the direct costs are not capitalised into an asset. But then the development will incur large losses at the start to be carried forward for when the property is, hopefully, sold. But is this right? I am thinking the capitalised version would be correct. And then, what if a buyer is found and monies are transferred before the property is finished? Would this be deferred income in accordance with accruals? If so, when would it be released?
As you can see, I have a million questions and I am very keen to learn more on this topic so I would sincerely appreciate any guidance or pointers in the right direction. Please no "ask your accountant" responses.
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,219 49
- Irish Taxation 162 6
- Employee becoming shareholder - can salary be reduced with compensating dividends? 18 1
- Incorporation and goodwill 94 2
- dividend 202 11
- Fee protection 941 18
- overdrawn directors loan 252 5
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 195 3
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 264 4
- What happens to the director's loan if the company was to go into liquidation? 96 1
- Telephone call from "Xero" 444 5
- Error on SA Tax Return 135 3
- Purchase of shares in a Limited Company 150 5
- Repairs or Improvement? 259 5
- Credit Card Payment - What are we required to do? 198 3
- Now the phishers have baited their hooks with SAGE 330 2
- Self assessment tax arrears 521 6
- Drector renting room to company 115 1
- Off site storage 172 5
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 607 6
- Xtuple 568
- Qtac payroll for bureau 388
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 344
- Domain name sale and limited company 235
- Can a small company buy a painting as an investment? 214
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 212
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 212
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 183
- Tax on damages received 183
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 152