Can anybody point me in the right direction??
Good Monday Morning Everyone,
Could anyone point me in the right direction to find out more about accounting for a speculative property developer?
I just can't find any literature and the FRSSE doesn't help me much thus far either.
For example, the motive is to make a profit from the sale of the eventual properties. Therefore one would assume that the direct costs are not capitalised into an asset. But then the development will incur large losses at the start to be carried forward for when the property is, hopefully, sold. But is this right? I am thinking the capitalised version would be correct. And then, what if a buyer is found and monies are transferred before the property is finished? Would this be deferred income in accordance with accruals? If so, when would it be released?
As you can see, I have a million questions and I am very keen to learn more on this topic so I would sincerely appreciate any guidance or pointers in the right direction. Please no "ask your accountant" responses.
- CGT help please 45 1
- Changing shareholding ratio 201 7
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 296 7
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 440 15
- Cashflow forecasting software 71 2
- Inflation and fees 1,099 19
- What happens when a customer with PPD pays late? 108 2
- Capital allowances not claimed 73 2
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 254 1
- Community Interest Company 115 3
- Redundancy Pay 400 5
- Physiotherapy 156 2
- Advice please! 300 1
- Unusual marketing ideas for accountants 688 6
- Do we have to honour her notice? 596 5
- Stand alone practice management software 1,275 21
- SSAS Pension scheme 107 1
- Sage Cheque Printing - Still in the dark ages! 104 1
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 338 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 584 13