Can anybody point me in the right direction??
Good Monday Morning Everyone,
Could anyone point me in the right direction to find out more about accounting for a speculative property developer?
I just can't find any literature and the FRSSE doesn't help me much thus far either.
For example, the motive is to make a profit from the sale of the eventual properties. Therefore one would assume that the direct costs are not capitalised into an asset. But then the development will incur large losses at the start to be carried forward for when the property is, hopefully, sold. But is this right? I am thinking the capitalised version would be correct. And then, what if a buyer is found and monies are transferred before the property is finished? Would this be deferred income in accordance with accruals? If so, when would it be released?
As you can see, I have a million questions and I am very keen to learn more on this topic so I would sincerely appreciate any guidance or pointers in the right direction. Please no "ask your accountant" responses.
- Charity work 221 11
- Help with HMRC investigation 208 6
- Director Drawings 116 5
- Accounts Software 73 3
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,667 38
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 251 13
- Managing Employee Expenses 207 7
- HMRC Agents Line 174 3
- Collection or business assets 88 1
- Incorporated when they should not have 255 8
- Company Director In Prison 418 10
- Tax position re this lease? 366 9
- Do I need a smartphone? 712 23
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 97 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,663 70
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 86 2
- Reasonable excuse for not filing returns....Death? 342 5
- AWeb - download file 141 2
- pension paid by company? 331 8
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 757 17
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 673
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 512
- Cancelled 427
- Cancelled 365
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 362
- Probiz 335
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 327
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 243
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 215
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 201