Can anybody point me in the right direction??
Good Monday Morning Everyone,
Could anyone point me in the right direction to find out more about accounting for a speculative property developer?
I just can't find any literature and the FRSSE doesn't help me much thus far either.
For example, the motive is to make a profit from the sale of the eventual properties. Therefore one would assume that the direct costs are not capitalised into an asset. But then the development will incur large losses at the start to be carried forward for when the property is, hopefully, sold. But is this right? I am thinking the capitalised version would be correct. And then, what if a buyer is found and monies are transferred before the property is finished? Would this be deferred income in accordance with accruals? If so, when would it be released?
As you can see, I have a million questions and I am very keen to learn more on this topic so I would sincerely appreciate any guidance or pointers in the right direction. Please no "ask your accountant" responses.
- CGT usage of ER lifetime limit 318 12
- Identity Checks 120 3
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 408 1
- Property pages or self-employed? 188 3
- Software for Accounts layout 34 1
- Need help with How much or do I charge to much 257 5
- Allowable expenses on retal property 189 2
- Mandatory Capitalisation 141 2
- Running Sage on a Mac 125 1
- Why are so many UK accountants reticent to make use of Indian outsourcing providers? 4,337 94
- HMRC CT600 TOOL 292 5
- Cash bashed (FRS) vs cash accounting (standard VAT)? 150 2
- notarising & legalising documents 192 4
- question 456 4
- Am I the only one who finds this annoying 428 11
- Income prior to company formation 230 8
- VAT on farm machinery sold 157 2
- Seeking advice: Tax on investing in a subsidiary 167 6
- Any thoughts on Capium? 431 3
- When to register or not for PAYE 468 8
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 290
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 264
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 262
- French ConnectionUK 206
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 194
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 187
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 185
- APN's 176
- Penalties for late filing of P11D forms 155
- FRS 101 Software 141