Can anybody point me in the right direction??
Good Monday Morning Everyone,
Could anyone point me in the right direction to find out more about accounting for a speculative property developer?
I just can't find any literature and the FRSSE doesn't help me much thus far either.
For example, the motive is to make a profit from the sale of the eventual properties. Therefore one would assume that the direct costs are not capitalised into an asset. But then the development will incur large losses at the start to be carried forward for when the property is, hopefully, sold. But is this right? I am thinking the capitalised version would be correct. And then, what if a buyer is found and monies are transferred before the property is finished? Would this be deferred income in accordance with accruals? If so, when would it be released?
As you can see, I have a million questions and I am very keen to learn more on this topic so I would sincerely appreciate any guidance or pointers in the right direction. Please no "ask your accountant" responses.
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 462 9
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 187 13
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 139 2
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 128 2
- You know its over 247 3
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 173 3
- Cocaine anyone? 466 8
- Late Registration for VAT 473 13
- EIS/SEIS 132 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 261 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 403 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 402 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 679 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 539 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 567 4
- Personal pension 394 9
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 216 1
- How much of your work is admin? 1,204 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 906 27
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 145 3
- Hive up 487
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 450
- corporate hierarchy 431
- Advice - 267
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 220
- WWOOFers 214
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 204
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 191
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 171
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 170