Can anybody point me in the right direction??
Good Monday Morning Everyone,
Could anyone point me in the right direction to find out more about accounting for a speculative property developer?
I just can't find any literature and the FRSSE doesn't help me much thus far either.
For example, the motive is to make a profit from the sale of the eventual properties. Therefore one would assume that the direct costs are not capitalised into an asset. But then the development will incur large losses at the start to be carried forward for when the property is, hopefully, sold. But is this right? I am thinking the capitalised version would be correct. And then, what if a buyer is found and monies are transferred before the property is finished? Would this be deferred income in accordance with accruals? If so, when would it be released?
As you can see, I have a million questions and I am very keen to learn more on this topic so I would sincerely appreciate any guidance or pointers in the right direction. Please no "ask your accountant" responses.
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 330 6
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 82 1
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 324 11
- Starting up in practice - safety net 152 3
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 211 4
- Rental property company 107 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 305 7
- Payroo Employer allowance query 261 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 383 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 157 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 196 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 147 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 492 5
- Director's tax return 400 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 183 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,138 34
- Flat rate vat 241 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 196 5
- Coming in from the cold 392 3
- Splitting the tax year 193 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 821
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 571
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 437
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 318
- Free Tax Legislation? 292
- Director Loan account operation 271
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 260
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 258
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 235
- Paye procedures for CVA 178