Can anybody point me in the right direction??
Good Monday Morning Everyone,
Could anyone point me in the right direction to find out more about accounting for a speculative property developer?
I just can't find any literature and the FRSSE doesn't help me much thus far either.
For example, the motive is to make a profit from the sale of the eventual properties. Therefore one would assume that the direct costs are not capitalised into an asset. But then the development will incur large losses at the start to be carried forward for when the property is, hopefully, sold. But is this right? I am thinking the capitalised version would be correct. And then, what if a buyer is found and monies are transferred before the property is finished? Would this be deferred income in accordance with accruals? If so, when would it be released?
As you can see, I have a million questions and I am very keen to learn more on this topic so I would sincerely appreciate any guidance or pointers in the right direction. Please no "ask your accountant" responses.
- Closing down - who should buy whom? 822 38
- Vat registration 91 2
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 92 5
- Deceased's Tax Return to date of death 169 2
- VAT ON MAINTENANCE PROVIDED TO ESTATE AGENT 27 1
- Classic cars investment 453 13
- HMRC Uncleared Credit 124 2
- The return of George A? 213 10
- Audit and paypal balances 126 6
- Dividends & S455 117 2
- Trustee in Bankruptcy 239 6
- How long do legal aid take to pay? 208 2
- Transfer of shares to ultimate controlling party 122 7
- Professional Qualification 461 7
- Missing C79 114 4
- Buying fees 586 4
- Tiwan contractor 69 2
- NI Contributions in order to claim state pension 342 8
- IHT Query 366 7
- Payroll handover information 139 2
- Possible Partnership? 544
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 536
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 473
- New Fangled Penalties 337
- Clubs and Taxable Income 281
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 266
- Loans to other companies 210
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 197
- Outsource Data Entry 168
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 168