Can anybody point me in the right direction??
Good Monday Morning Everyone,
Could anyone point me in the right direction to find out more about accounting for a speculative property developer?
I just can't find any literature and the FRSSE doesn't help me much thus far either.
For example, the motive is to make a profit from the sale of the eventual properties. Therefore one would assume that the direct costs are not capitalised into an asset. But then the development will incur large losses at the start to be carried forward for when the property is, hopefully, sold. But is this right? I am thinking the capitalised version would be correct. And then, what if a buyer is found and monies are transferred before the property is finished? Would this be deferred income in accordance with accruals? If so, when would it be released?
As you can see, I have a million questions and I am very keen to learn more on this topic so I would sincerely appreciate any guidance or pointers in the right direction. Please no "ask your accountant" responses.
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,187 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 217 6
- Xerocon 2016 1,009 23
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 227 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 584 12
- Personal Tax 482 11
- USA Tax Query 155 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,659 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 942 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 275 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 597 18
- Corrupt Excel File 674 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 348 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,975 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 290 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 402 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 165 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 317 4
- last minute request 504 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,253 46