Can anyone shed some light...
I'm wondering if anyone has had the same/similar experience to me. Having qualified AAT in 1999 I took a break (dreaded divorce, no other reason!) before continuing with the higher level studies. Whilst I appreciate that during this time I probably made some terrible choices, albeit all via agencies, when it came to taking a new position, my level of experience is just not matching my qualification. 18 months ago I qualified ACCA with 9/10 first time passes (paid for myself and all time off unpaid) so I'm not afraid of hard work/perseverance/dedication etc. however; even now in my current job, I am just being completely ignored and this is a pattern that keeps repeating!! I just don't understand it! I am left to sit here all day from literally 9 in the morning until 5.30pm with NOTHING to do and I am unsurprisingly going nuts. I am registered with agencies but there is nothing out there I can compete with on a technical accounting basis for my level. Vicious circle springs to mind.
I have done all the researching/questioning etc I can ever do and have come to the conclusion - based on always getting along with everyone and being considered to be bubbly/competent/proactive - that I am just plain unlucky in getting the role I have always wanted to be exposed too. I have now decided that maybe, due to my ability to 'get on' with people at all levels of an organisation and my general 'business' exposure that I should think about re-training to encompass something like Lean Six Sigma or Risk Management to enable taking a consulting route? I do enjoy the governance/process/internal control side of things but without direct experience in this area am wondering if it would be unlikely that I could secure a position, although as things currently stand, I don't have much to lose (expect my sanity which is disappearing fast down a massive whirlpool of boredom).
Any suggestions/help/advice would be appreciated and please don't assume I am/have been difficult/crazy or doing something wrong as this has never been the case. I have never been disciplined nor never needed it and have never been involved in workplace conflicts! Sigh...I must be missing something though I guess.
- Website Content 381 4
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 144 2
- Entrepreneur relief and deduction of Amortisation of Goodwill Pre2002 278 9
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 657 12
- Incorporated company charity 110 2
- property capital gains 314 3
- Closing down loss-making company 613 10
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 369 5
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 432 5
- HMRC having technical difficulties 1,110 19
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 406 2
- Tips on meals 403 3
- Director owns 47% of shares in company A and 100% of shares in Company B. Is Company B a participator in Company A for S455 purposes? 245 2
- Stumped - IHT 456 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 578 12
- Transferring DLA between Directors 380 3
- Company restructure - Share valuation, ERS and PAYE 152 2
- Creative Auto Enrolment 866 12
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,439 35
- New LLP, basis of assessment and which boxes to complete? 168 3