Can anyone shed some light...
I'm wondering if anyone has had the same/similar experience to me. Having qualified AAT in 1999 I took a break (dreaded divorce, no other reason!) before continuing with the higher level studies. Whilst I appreciate that during this time I probably made some terrible choices, albeit all via agencies, when it came to taking a new position, my level of experience is just not matching my qualification. 18 months ago I qualified ACCA with 9/10 first time passes (paid for myself and all time off unpaid) so I'm not afraid of hard work/perseverance/dedication etc. however; even now in my current job, I am just being completely ignored and this is a pattern that keeps repeating!! I just don't understand it! I am left to sit here all day from literally 9 in the morning until 5.30pm with NOTHING to do and I am unsurprisingly going nuts. I am registered with agencies but there is nothing out there I can compete with on a technical accounting basis for my level. Vicious circle springs to mind.
I have done all the researching/questioning etc I can ever do and have come to the conclusion - based on always getting along with everyone and being considered to be bubbly/competent/proactive - that I am just plain unlucky in getting the role I have always wanted to be exposed too. I have now decided that maybe, due to my ability to 'get on' with people at all levels of an organisation and my general 'business' exposure that I should think about re-training to encompass something like Lean Six Sigma or Risk Management to enable taking a consulting route? I do enjoy the governance/process/internal control side of things but without direct experience in this area am wondering if it would be unlikely that I could secure a position, although as things currently stand, I don't have much to lose (expect my sanity which is disappearing fast down a massive whirlpool of boredom).
Any suggestions/help/advice would be appreciated and please don't assume I am/have been difficult/crazy or doing something wrong as this has never been the case. I have never been disciplined nor never needed it and have never been involved in workplace conflicts! Sigh...I must be missing something though I guess.
- Missing tax return 305 4
- r there any crustie unemployed failed accounting clerks here ? 245 3
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 97 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,037 30
- Inflation and fees 1,354 24
- Sage Priority Support 164 3
- incorrect old p60 294 5
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 174 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 821 24
- Micro-entity accounts 178 1
- Related party disclosure 192 3
- Company reconstruction 126 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 226 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 137 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 161 1
- Advice please! 406 2
- VAT on new builds 179 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 139 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 380 6
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,980 28