Can Business mileage be claimed ?
I have a client who is a Director of a Ltd Company and lives 100 miles away from the office and so commutes to work on a Monday, stays locally for the week and then travels back home on a Friday night.
I have advised that this travel is travel to and from work albeit a long way and as such cannot be claimed. He is adamant that he can claim it so i just wanted to check whether i was missing anything or whether my position is correct.
- Tips on meals 157 2
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 510 10
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 142 3
- Personal Tax 723 13
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 157 2
- Stumped - IHT 120 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 407 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 471 11
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,280 33
- Credit management tools 125 1
- property capital gains 129 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 771 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 388 7
- CGT and primary residence 166 1
- Marriage Allowance 265 3
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,150 12
- S455 and February year ends 321 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 888 18
- Closing down loss-making company 454 5
- S.455 Tax again 287 3