can client get benefit of CGT at 10% on "income"?
My doctor client has been approached by another firm of accountants with a proposal that the client incorporates the medical private practice.
Facts: NHS salary £90k, sole trader private practice profits £200k. IR35 would not apply if incorporated and the client is unmarried.
Proposal: put private practice into ltd co. Live off NHS salary plus say £50k of dividends in order to fund large mortgage on own home. Leave reserves to accumulate over a number of years until retained profits reach say £750k. Then pay a liquidator say £5k to wind up the company, distribute net assets, pay CGT at 10% on the £750k.
Being a cautious soul, I pointed out some possible problems, if only that in say 5-6 years time, the tax rules on which the plan is based may have been changed.
However, assuming no change in tax law – or HMRC’s interpretation of it! – do you think it would work as proposed?
Thanks in advance.
- New business - journal entries 364 22
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 198 3
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 196 5
- Payroll software 626 16
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 240 5
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 378 10
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 716 18
- B2B vat in the EU 169 4
- Coding Notice 202 6
- VAT on Hire Purchase 117 1
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 192 4
- Changes to class 2 NIC's 214 3
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 180 4
- LLP as member of LLP 124 1
- Why should I retain membership? 2,804 48
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 491 7
- Vat 293 7
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,297 13
- Recharge for private use of a company car 212 3
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 186 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 843
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 715
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 398
- Social investment tax relief 216
- Digita Hosted Software 209
- Call Centre Data Costs 196
- accounting for this transaction 171
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 169
- Travel costs and contractors 163
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 157