can client get benefit of CGT at 10% on "income"?
My doctor client has been approached by another firm of accountants with a proposal that the client incorporates the medical private practice.
Facts: NHS salary £90k, sole trader private practice profits £200k. IR35 would not apply if incorporated and the client is unmarried.
Proposal: put private practice into ltd co. Live off NHS salary plus say £50k of dividends in order to fund large mortgage on own home. Leave reserves to accumulate over a number of years until retained profits reach say £750k. Then pay a liquidator say £5k to wind up the company, distribute net assets, pay CGT at 10% on the £750k.
Being a cautious soul, I pointed out some possible problems, if only that in say 5-6 years time, the tax rules on which the plan is based may have been changed.
However, assuming no change in tax law – or HMRC’s interpretation of it! – do you think it would work as proposed?
Thanks in advance.
- Any reasons for a dissolved company to comply with HMRC requesting Corporation Tax and Tax Returns 439 20
- Advice for new build property 22 1
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 219 7
- Should training costs being reclaimed be deducted from gross or net salary 255 5
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,260 17
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 194 4
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,026 25
- VAT FRS for a Formula 2 Racing Driver 267 8
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 202 3
- Claiming accommodation as employment expense? 107 1
- Sage Line 50 90 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,930 58
- mileage claim via self assessment - how far back? 142 2
- HMRC Post 342 5
- Freelance/Employee 577 14
- Can you have two types of sales? Sales with VAT and Sale without VAT? 538 11
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 336 8
- Employment Allowance 378 3
- RBS advising client they don't want his business 2,417 13
- Auto-enrolment staging dates, letters etc 217 4
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 400
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 370
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 345
- Electric Car 282
- S222 Charge 233
- IP trans to holding company 181
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 178
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 166
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 163
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 153