can client get benefit of CGT at 10% on "income"?
My doctor client has been approached by another firm of accountants with a proposal that the client incorporates the medical private practice.
Facts: NHS salary £90k, sole trader private practice profits £200k. IR35 would not apply if incorporated and the client is unmarried.
Proposal: put private practice into ltd co. Live off NHS salary plus say £50k of dividends in order to fund large mortgage on own home. Leave reserves to accumulate over a number of years until retained profits reach say £750k. Then pay a liquidator say £5k to wind up the company, distribute net assets, pay CGT at 10% on the £750k.
Being a cautious soul, I pointed out some possible problems, if only that in say 5-6 years time, the tax rules on which the plan is based may have been changed.
However, assuming no change in tax law – or HMRC’s interpretation of it! – do you think it would work as proposed?
Thanks in advance.
- HMRC filing meltdown? 809 26
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 102 4
- Designated sole Residence 52 1
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 225 9
- Anybody still doing returns? 518 21
- no utr 223 8
- client can't/won't pay 2,084 49
- Director drawings 574 32
- Tax Returns for non residents 255 2
- Investment properties/freehold land 52 1
- Capital Loss 79 3
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 649 14
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 404 6
- LLP formed in 2013 75 1
- Clothing 472 11
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 157 7
- Practice management 436 8
- Interest on pre-letting? 125 4
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,687 44
- Will simplified micro entities accounts result in loss of business ? 1,704 22
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 946
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 659
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 616
- Latest phishing scam 593
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 430
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 321
- Scratch Head 258
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 245
- Sabbatical payments 210
- Negligible Value Claim 188