can client get benefit of CGT at 10% on "income"?
My doctor client has been approached by another firm of accountants with a proposal that the client incorporates the medical private practice.
Facts: NHS salary £90k, sole trader private practice profits £200k. IR35 would not apply if incorporated and the client is unmarried.
Proposal: put private practice into ltd co. Live off NHS salary plus say £50k of dividends in order to fund large mortgage on own home. Leave reserves to accumulate over a number of years until retained profits reach say £750k. Then pay a liquidator say £5k to wind up the company, distribute net assets, pay CGT at 10% on the £750k.
Being a cautious soul, I pointed out some possible problems, if only that in say 5-6 years time, the tax rules on which the plan is based may have been changed.
However, assuming no change in tax law – or HMRC’s interpretation of it! – do you think it would work as proposed?
Thanks in advance.
- Expenses Apps 109 1
- Extracting funds from a failing Company 93 4
- Unallocated client money 52 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 895 14
- Tick & Bash Bristol 506 8
- CG34 Post Transaction Valuation, CGT and Entrepreneurs Relief 130 7
- Can Sage 50 Forecasting work with Excel 2013 or Office 365 126 2
- Can anyone recommend an EPOS system for a newsagents 191 2
- Agricultural Land Hold Over and Roll Over 148 5
- LLP ex-member not being paid accrued profits 101 4
- Luncheon vouchers - Class 1 NICs 141 4
- Quick Easy Quote 140 2
- Accounts formation/ speculative advertising 94 1
- What is going on with VAT applications?? 1,892 37
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 85 1
- monthly payments 333 5
- Errors in prior year accounts 639 17
- Work experience - pay 167 1
- Rental property: expenses when up for sale and not let 106 1
- Dissolve a Ltd Company - How much do you charge? 294 3
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 594
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 468
- Sorry ignore me 364
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 364
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 293
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 274
- Cancelled 229
- Cancelled 200
- Bartercard 160
- C79 Discrepancy 159