can client get benefit of CGT at 10% on "income"?
My doctor client has been approached by another firm of accountants with a proposal that the client incorporates the medical private practice.
Facts: NHS salary £90k, sole trader private practice profits £200k. IR35 would not apply if incorporated and the client is unmarried.
Proposal: put private practice into ltd co. Live off NHS salary plus say £50k of dividends in order to fund large mortgage on own home. Leave reserves to accumulate over a number of years until retained profits reach say £750k. Then pay a liquidator say £5k to wind up the company, distribute net assets, pay CGT at 10% on the £750k.
Being a cautious soul, I pointed out some possible problems, if only that in say 5-6 years time, the tax rules on which the plan is based may have been changed.
However, assuming no change in tax law – or HMRC’s interpretation of it! – do you think it would work as proposed?
Thanks in advance.
- Clearbooks - creating a HP Account 71 2
- Two trades one individual - Vat registration? 309 2
- How to claim subsistence for working away from home 194 3
- looking for a practice consultant 169 2
- The stupidity continues 1,458 73
- Withdrawing company car 119 1
- AML report needed? 191 7
- Bank request To verify Accounts 246 6
- RE assets introduced and rent 97 1
- transactions after account have been closed 322 10
- VAT on work on residential premises (empty for 2 years prior) 90 1
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 396 9
- Marketing and email surprises 454 9
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 770 26
- What is IRIS World like? 421 10
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 334 5
- Mlom bollocks 279 4
- VT Transactions Stock Issues 126 2
- Non-Europe based but want to do UK taxes 160 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 599 11
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 449
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 448
- WIP Software 310
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 296
- No payroll scheme in place 244
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 242
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 218
- Is there anything wrong with this? 213
- Small Part Disposal of Property 203
- Uncommercial property business 191