CAN A DIVI BE VOTED WITHOUT A SPECIFIC VALUE
Strange question i suppose.
Imagine year end is 31st August; directors loan account is overdrawn and decision has been made to clear the o/d loan by voting a divi (reserves not an issue).
Need to vote divi before year end however it is impossible to establish until accounts are prepared the actual level of the DLA;
Can you just vote "at a level to clear the o/d loan" at the date of the minute or must a specific value be placed upon the divi.
All i can find it that there must be a recommendation as to the level of dividend but nothing that says specific amounts.
Any help from the learned people on here would be appreciated!
- Help needed.... 38 1
- Freight Forwarders - VAT 102 3
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 363 6
- Glass-half-full member of the year? 223 9
- SATR won't match P14 - what would you do? 23 1
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 316 6
- HMRC website error 159 1
- Fixed asset registers 149 7
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 662 1
- Has anyone got copies of the Tolley's CTA study manual pdfs from last year? 167 3
- Entrepeneurs Relief 93 1
- Opening balance and suspense account on sage line 50 36 1
- Incorrect Generic non-filing notice 299 10
- What is wrong with HMRC? 340 3
- Very Difficult to type on Aweb again 263 8
- Boffin of the Year 464 15
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 223 6
- equipment rental 128 5
- Self Assessment requirements for lady from Canada 120 1
- Under Cash Accounting rules how do I account for a credit note issued outside the Corp Tax period? 148 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,320
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 427
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 344
- Alphabet shares 224
- Agent fees to sell business 221
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 213
- Office recharges 175
- How to reclaim VAT for a non-EC UK visitor 158
- Charge out rates in London 148
- which entity 144