Can employer pay for babysitter?
My client, a director of a client company, has to go on jobs overseas.
His wife has a job which sometimes entails being on call overnight and she has to be in the building within 15 minutes if there is an emergency. If my client wasn’t overseas he would be able to stay at home.
When my client has to go overseas and his wife is on call they have to pay for someone to stay over, a kind of baby sitter, which gets expensive.
My client has asked me if he can arrange for the company to pay the babysitter. Would this be reasonable and would it be a benefit in kind?
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 692 21
- Year end 186 3
- tax credits 166 7
- Victor Meldrew morning 976 16
- Foreign income for self employed 145 2
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 266 9
- LLP - Member leaving 159 6
- what time is it ? 117 2
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 273 9
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,070 14
- Tax Return Deadlines 231 4
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 583 21
- How would you account for warranty? 165 4
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 406 22
- Sweet Tooth 204 6
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 185 2
- trading or dormant 126 2
- Goodwill ammortisation 138 1
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 576 11
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 280 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 881
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 520
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 332
- How to format a stock book 313
- Tax efficient holding company structure 247
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 243
- Investment property company accounts template 227
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 220
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 193
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 169