Can HMRC do that?
Where prospective lenders suspect mortgage fraud they can contact HMRC for confirmation that income declared on a mortgage application equals income declared to HMRC.
On the face of it a good thing.
But what gives HMRC the right to give this information to third parties?
My enquiry to HMRC reveals their authority is s18(2)(a) Commissioners for Revenue & Customs Act 2005.
I have had a look and to be honest I don't understand it.
Does that indeed give them the authority to disclose information to third parties?
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 147 2
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 266 5
- Comapny valuation qualifications 105 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 291 5
- Director's tax return 356 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 163 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,095 34
- Flat rate vat 190 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 181 5
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 92 1
- Coming in from the cold 345 3
- Splitting the tax year 167 2
- P11d & Medical Ins 205 2
- Should design costs be capitalised? 172 4
- Submitting tax return 182 1
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 266 8
- Sage Payroll 319 11
- Payroo Employer allowance query 212 6
- vat return 270 3
- Value pricing 740 26
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 805
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 557
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 426
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 306
- Free Tax Legislation? 275
- Director Loan account operation 260
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 253
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 248
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 232
- Paye procedures for CVA 170