Can Hmrc issue a penalty for 2013 tax returns already?
We submitted a 2013 SA return for a client in jul 2013. It then came to light that a large dividend had been omitted from the return and it was resubmitted in dec 13 with the correction. Hmrc have now threatened to add a penalty as they consider the omission was deliberate.
Can they add penalties like this when the deadline for submitting the return hasn't passed yet?
- Post AAT? 699 4
- Second Limited Company 132 2
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,669 38
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 291 6
- Tax implication on superannuation 183 3
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,553 25
- GRNI - Normal Balance 78 2
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 234 3
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 222 8
- Tax Fines - HMRC 821 13
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 117 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,297 24
- VAT - Check on clients business 911 37
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 496 10
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 296 8
- Probate services 372 7
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 516 20
- trading losses allowable? 761 14
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 162 1
- Treatment of valuation fee for IHT. 195 2