Can HMRC revoke a voluntarily VAT registered business?
Customer is registered for VAT voluntarily (turnover a lot less than threshold) - behind with their Vat payments altho returns have been submitted as they have become due.
Can HMRC revoke the registration?
I have suggested this to client as (imho) whilst they remain registered they are never going to 'catch up' but they are unwilling to deregsiter (not sure whether they see it as a climbdown / lack of credibility or what really).
Many thanks for help / suggestions!
- Sole Trader change of accounting date 103 1
- How much does the company pay 766 33
- Proof of identification 40 1
- When to provide S419 tax in the accounts 61 2
- Which tax returns can I submit? 71 1
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 286 5
- Using home as clients registered address 181 4
- Childcare vouchers 362 8
- Is this a qualifying loan for interest deductions? 68 2
- New Enterprise Allowance 67 1
- VAT Notice 700/64 - claiming VAT on motor repairs 53 1
- two business from one premises 179 3
- VAT transfer on going concern on incorporation 42 1
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 239 4
- HMRC property income enquiry 414 9
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 347 4
- Merry Christmas 121 2
- THEATRE SHOW - HIRE - VAT PAYABLE ON TICKET SALES 83 3
- New Incorporations - ERTNAC hoax - anyone else seen this? 1,094 12
- Anyone else still working this week? 422 13
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 507
- corporate hierarchy 470
- Advice - 325
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 275
- WWOOFers 265
- The booking.com con 248
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 245
- Cocaine anyone? 232
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 220
- UK State pension paid in NZ 177