Can HMRC revoke a voluntarily VAT registered business?
Customer is registered for VAT voluntarily (turnover a lot less than threshold) - behind with their Vat payments altho returns have been submitted as they have become due.
Can HMRC revoke the registration?
I have suggested this to client as (imho) whilst they remain registered they are never going to 'catch up' but they are unwilling to deregsiter (not sure whether they see it as a climbdown / lack of credibility or what really).
Many thanks for help / suggestions!
- Late leaver notification 308 6
- How to handle accidental overpayment into SIPP 103 1
- CGT on transfer of shares to Holding company 76 2
- How does one compete? 368 7
- Ouch. Those penalties sting 862 15
- Self explanatory? I hope so! 132 1
- Should small companies be audited? 1,075 44
- semi retirement 251 4
- ATT Exam Question 228 6
- FPS responses ... 153 4
- shareholder remuneration 246 9
- Help with small charity CT600 please!! 317 3
- Where has Portia gone? 9,070 144
- proposed dividends 332 16
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 1,482 28
- Dividend and pension with no salary 434 4
- NICs and director salary if receiving pension 113 1
- Vat on solicitors charges 340 7
- What does PITA mean? 718 17
- VATable supplies 150 3
- Sanzar 472
- Digital marketing focus group 389
- Sage troubleshooting for employee who has previously claimed SMP 363
- Continuity Agreement 308
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 298
- Sainsbury's mangement 296
- Avanti Accounts 292
- Buyback 276
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 219
- Iris and Miicrosoft 365 191