Can HMRC revoke a voluntarily VAT registered business?
Customer is registered for VAT voluntarily (turnover a lot less than threshold) - behind with their Vat payments altho returns have been submitted as they have become due.
Can HMRC revoke the registration?
I have suggested this to client as (imho) whilst they remain registered they are never going to 'catch up' but they are unwilling to deregsiter (not sure whether they see it as a climbdown / lack of credibility or what really).
Many thanks for help / suggestions!
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 628 9
- COMPANY STRIKE OFF 20 1
- Sole Trader to Ltd 109 1
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 428 13
- VT accounts licence key 370 6
- Starting up in practice - safety net 427 9
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 494 10
- Opening balances Sage 50 55 1
- Flat rate vat 330 4
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 237 6
- Rental property company 185 2
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 186 2
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,476 27
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,210 35
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 415 11
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 327 4
- Payroo Employer allowance query 290 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 411 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 247 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 222 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 832
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 577
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 450
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 323
- Free Tax Legislation? 302
- Director Loan account operation 284
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 270
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 263
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 244
- Paye procedures for CVA 184