Can HMRC revoke a voluntarily VAT registered business?
Customer is registered for VAT voluntarily (turnover a lot less than threshold) - behind with their Vat payments altho returns have been submitted as they have become due.
Can HMRC revoke the registration?
I have suggested this to client as (imho) whilst they remain registered they are never going to 'catch up' but they are unwilling to deregsiter (not sure whether they see it as a climbdown / lack of credibility or what really).
Many thanks for help / suggestions!
- Company valuation for IHT purposes 132 4
- Yorkshire Day 527 35
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,779 65
- Principal Private Residence relief on two semis knocked together 122 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 351 16
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 105 3
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 586 1
- SMP reclaimable by employer 263 7
- Agent help line - long queues? 216 4
- the umbrella scheme for PAYE 92 1
- inflation rate year on year 79 2
- Deleted question? 651 15
- Self Assessment Tax Return Required ???? 284 8
- Company no longer showing on Companies House web site 346 8
- EU VAT Registration Thresholds 143 6
- E-Magazines and pdfs 143 3
- Late annual return 199 2
- Flat rate VAT 370 8
- corporation tax 480 5
- Credit card receipts vs VAT receipts 2,140 29
- Cancelled 457
- Cancelled 380
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 372
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 350
- Probiz 350
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 254
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 232
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 224
- More spam 180
- Does anyone have SCI unit contact details? 155