Can HMRC revoke a voluntarily VAT registered business?
Customer is registered for VAT voluntarily (turnover a lot less than threshold) - behind with their Vat payments altho returns have been submitted as they have become due.
Can HMRC revoke the registration?
I have suggested this to client as (imho) whilst they remain registered they are never going to 'catch up' but they are unwilling to deregsiter (not sure whether they see it as a climbdown / lack of credibility or what really).
Many thanks for help / suggestions!
- Errors in prior year accounts 774 20
- What are options for non CA firm 1,900 34
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 112 11
- VAT & capitalising 40 1
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 270 5
- Limited Company keeping receipts 179 2
- Free Shares ? 224 2
- Is this a scam? 538 7
- Rental property: expenses when up for sale and not let 288 7
- Sorry ignore me 862 23
- How do I calculate the VAT due (cash basis) on receipts which suffer a cis deduction? 264 6
- Invoice Help 179 4
- Purchase of freehold by flat management company 140 1
- Employee overpaid who has left 191 3
- Peer to Peer lending 859 9
- VAT B2B V's Reverse Charge 97 2
- VAT On Conference Sponsorship 208 4
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 283 6
- reliable alternative to registered ofice required 245 5
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,260 17
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 621
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 528
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 292
- Cancelled 280
- Cancelled 242
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 188
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 185
- Probiz 167
- What's the market like for temps? 162
- Married woman dies owning marital home 157