Can HMRC revoke a voluntarily VAT registered business?
Customer is registered for VAT voluntarily (turnover a lot less than threshold) - behind with their Vat payments altho returns have been submitted as they have become due.
Can HMRC revoke the registration?
I have suggested this to client as (imho) whilst they remain registered they are never going to 'catch up' but they are unwilling to deregsiter (not sure whether they see it as a climbdown / lack of credibility or what really).
Many thanks for help / suggestions!
- What would you do in this situation? 59 4
- Filing a P87 (professional fees) before year end. 113 2
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 593 13
- More HMRC on gov.uk 614 11
- Rollover relief - when does gain crystallise in this situation? 69 1
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 336 14
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 237 4
- Research and development - repayment timescale 215 5
- VAT reconciliation and VAT return on Sage 93 2
- Sole trader hid directorships. 371 6
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,383 46
- Enquiry into tax return - how co-operative would you be? 285 5
- NOVA 547 1
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 262 10
- Regional Development Grant 114 4
- Problem ex client...again.. 2,375 21
- Company car without a salary 221 2
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 387 10
- Charity donations 1,069 21
- Interest on HMRC contract settlement 144 2
- Bonus Bonds 389
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 376
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 287
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 256
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 184
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 170
- Finance Lease 155
- Company Car Lease 152
- Form 42 147
- Demerger Reserve 129