Can HMRC revoke a voluntarily VAT registered business?
Customer is registered for VAT voluntarily (turnover a lot less than threshold) - behind with their Vat payments altho returns have been submitted as they have become due.
Can HMRC revoke the registration?
I have suggested this to client as (imho) whilst they remain registered they are never going to 'catch up' but they are unwilling to deregsiter (not sure whether they see it as a climbdown / lack of credibility or what really).
Many thanks for help / suggestions!
- Giving a seminar 537 30
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 200 1
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 193 9
- JIEB Exams 134 1
- RTI 92 1
- Christmas party 108 1
- Am i Liable? 119 4
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 741 10
- Checking a contract 295 8
- Flat Rate Scheme 311 15
- Altered PAYE cheque 230 5
- deleting customers on Sage 50 161 7
- VAT on garage rent 325 14
- Value-shifting 69 1
- Pattern for CTA 209 4
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 452 18
- SDLT exemptions/reliefs 84 2
- Incorrect Accounts. Is it worth taking action against the old accountant? 239 3
- Film Partnership Enquiries - am I just unlucky? 244 5
- EBT 181 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,213
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 608
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 407
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 315
- Agent fees to sell business 190
- Alphabet shares 190
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 182
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 176
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 164
- Office recharges 148