Can HMRC revoke a voluntarily VAT registered business?
Customer is registered for VAT voluntarily (turnover a lot less than threshold) - behind with their Vat payments altho returns have been submitted as they have become due.
Can HMRC revoke the registration?
I have suggested this to client as (imho) whilst they remain registered they are never going to 'catch up' but they are unwilling to deregsiter (not sure whether they see it as a climbdown / lack of credibility or what really).
Many thanks for help / suggestions!
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 760 5
- See you all on the other side 772 6
- 12Pay 549 2
- dividends 761 2
- R&D 370 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,234 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 482 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 486 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 441 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 584 5
- Seeking a tax case 698 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 560 4
- Companies house strike off 673 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 500 2
- Moving to the cloud 789 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 231 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 953 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 236 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,130 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 542 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 581
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 433
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 381
- IRIS and FRS 102 370
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 368
- Marginal rates of tax 359
- Capitalising Finance Lease 348
- Class 2 NI 341
- USA help 330
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 314