Can HMRC revoke a voluntarily VAT registered business?
Customer is registered for VAT voluntarily (turnover a lot less than threshold) - behind with their Vat payments altho returns have been submitted as they have become due.
Can HMRC revoke the registration?
I have suggested this to client as (imho) whilst they remain registered they are never going to 'catch up' but they are unwilling to deregsiter (not sure whether they see it as a climbdown / lack of credibility or what really).
Many thanks for help / suggestions!
- Personal Tax 69 1
- VAT 283 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 116 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 46 1
- last minute request 157 3
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 97 2
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 74 1
- Cash gift from India 476 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 62 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 391 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 69 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 221 6
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,129 44
- Maternity and claining expenses 642 6
- Overseas workday relief 142 5
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 286 3
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 660 13
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 108 1
- MVL 255 4
- Disengagement Help! 1,502 22