Can HMRC revoke a voluntarily VAT registered business?
Customer is registered for VAT voluntarily (turnover a lot less than threshold) - behind with their Vat payments altho returns have been submitted as they have become due.
Can HMRC revoke the registration?
I have suggested this to client as (imho) whilst they remain registered they are never going to 'catch up' but they are unwilling to deregsiter (not sure whether they see it as a climbdown / lack of credibility or what really).
Many thanks for help / suggestions!
- How can customer service quality vary between the basic pension firms? 420 6
- Subsistence expenses for one man band contractor companies 141 4
- PRR 454 15
- Director selling assets to the company that were given to her 62 1
- Sage Line50 Journal Entry Help! 230 14
- Working from home - time apportionment 296 3
- Recovering VAT on property purchase 206 2
- cross border vat 115 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 12,908 488
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 778 17
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 283 12
- Can't read my handwriting 635 15
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,653 74
- Employing a carer 132 1
- Fees for Property Tax Return 534 16
- Corp Tax Refund 175 2
- Email hacker for hire ... 403 8
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 283 8
- IFRS and UK GAAP Adjustment Jrnls 96 2
- Donaldson V HMRC 236 1
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,373
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 519
- National Insurance 414
- Non Resident 321
- Hands on experience of Digita 244
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 227
- Employer's Helpline 188
- CIS paid under reg 9 186
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 153
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 149