Can I ask HMRC close this investigation?
The HMRC have opened an inquiry into a self-employed client, we had the meeting on 04/05/2012.
Now after 3 months we have not received any correspondance back from them. I called them today, they said they are going to send it out in next couple of weeks.
I've heard if they delay responding of 3 months I can ask them to closed the file, but donot know if it is ture.
Can anyone help?
- CT600 Computations - Company Tax Return help 1,246 14
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 102 2
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 372 15
- Companies House incorporation service 281 12
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 18 1
- P35 and Service Company questions 85 3
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 177 6
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 84 1
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 162 7
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 122 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 113 3
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,575 12
- Share Capital 85 2
- Trading income or not? 148 1
- Charge HMRC 369 3
- FRS17 query 224 2
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,755 44
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 2,624 29
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 563 12
- Slipped out of the self assessment radar 282 2
- Xtuple 542
- Qtac payroll for bureau 372
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 314
- Industrial & Provident Societies 308
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 285
- CIS schemes 217
- Domain name sale and limited company 202
- Investment 182
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 178
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 176