Can I ask HMRC close this investigation?
The HMRC have opened an inquiry into a self-employed client, we had the meeting on 04/05/2012.
Now after 3 months we have not received any correspondance back from them. I called them today, they said they are going to send it out in next couple of weeks.
I've heard if they delay responding of 3 months I can ask them to closed the file, but donot know if it is ture.
Can anyone help?
- Am I getting Soft?? 145 9
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 601 11
- Deferred Tax 444 8
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 194 1
- You know its over 448 6
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 231 1
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,012 30
- Benefit in Kind 198 5
- Foreign pension tax credit relief 129 1
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 208 3
- Wrong tax code 88 4
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,258 14
- Cocaine anyone? 586 10
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 123 2
- Dutch and Germany VAT 176 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 297 2
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 482 15
- LTD home office - would HMRC seek to disallow 1,298 8
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 534 9
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 264 13
- Hive up 503
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 471
- corporate hierarchy 447
- Advice - 285
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 231
- WWOOFers 225
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 212
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 190
- The booking.com con 162
- UK State pension paid in NZ 160