Can I do anything about 2011/12 rental costs just discovered

I have a client who has only just informed us that he has been paying interest on a mortgage relating to his rental property.

We can amend the 2013 SAR to include these but are out of time to amend the 2012 SAR.

Has anyone any ideas?  We considered lumping it in with 2013, but as far as I can tell the resultant loss could not be carried back and as well as not technically being the correct thing to do, would make the figures look very odd indeed.

I can't think of any other avenues.



There are 2 comments. Login or register to view them.

You can make an Overpayment

CJaneH |


julie.severn |
julie.severn's picture