Can I give a cash gift to my sister with no tax implications for myself?
I have been trying to find information regarding cash gifts(none charity)
I'm a sole trader and want to help my sister with money as she can't find a job.
Does the gift come with tax benefits? So If I gave my sister £1,000 would this be taken from my tax bill ?
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 102 1
- Stumped - IHT 85 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 398 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 462 11
- Tips on meals 123 1
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,276 33
- Credit management tools 105 1
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 104 2
- property capital gains 102 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 766 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 367 7
- CGT and primary residence 149 1
- Marriage Allowance 242 3
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,141 12
- S455 and February year ends 302 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 876 18
- Closing down loss-making company 443 5
- S.455 Tax again 283 3
- New Build 338 2
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 375 4