can an insolvency practitioner have higher success rate at recovering trade debt from a liquidated company ?
I have been approached by a company offering debt collection services. The company suggests they have a higher success rate on recovering debt with liquidated companies than we could achieve by dealing with the administrators ourselves.
My understanding was that once a company was in liquidation then all non preferential creditors received a % share of any monies left after the preferential creditors.
So how is it possible that by using the services of an insolvency practitioner, rather than dealing with the administrators directly, you have a have a higher success rate on recovering your debt ?
My inital thoughts were that this was just a sales pitch, but i would appreciate your thoughts on this.
- Company Secretarial Software 1,355 30
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 628 9
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 219 7
- Real names 1,056 33
- Tools for conversion OST to PST files 29 1
- FRS to standard - check my understanding 107 2
- Tick & Bash Bristol 249 5
- What are options for non CA firm 1,554 19
- sole trader employing his girlfriend 1,916 17
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 1,908 11
- Can Sage 50 Forecasting work with Excel 2013 or Office 365 60 1
- What do "Former Contracted Out" rebates mean 112 1
- Downloads EU VAT from 1/1/15 158 4
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 455 22
- Are pre trading lossess able to be off set if the company does not trade? 89 2
- Accounting for VAT on an EU Acquisition 82 1
- Tax position re this lease? 154 2
- VAT on Training Courses 137 2
- No VAT apportionment on tools on hand at registration? 135 2
- Self employed travel expenses 164 3
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 577
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 451
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 351
- IFA incorporation 335
- Sorry ignore me 316
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 271
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 265
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 256
- Cancelled 197
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 167