can an insolvency practitioner have higher success rate at recovering trade debt from a liquidated company ?
I have been approached by a company offering debt collection services. The company suggests they have a higher success rate on recovering debt with liquidated companies than we could achieve by dealing with the administrators ourselves.
My understanding was that once a company was in liquidation then all non preferential creditors received a % share of any monies left after the preferential creditors.
So how is it possible that by using the services of an insolvency practitioner, rather than dealing with the administrators directly, you have a have a higher success rate on recovering your debt ?
My inital thoughts were that this was just a sales pitch, but i would appreciate your thoughts on this.
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 157 5
- Will simplified micro entities accounts result in loss of business ? 1,652 21
- Anybody still doing returns? 77 4
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 300 13
- Clothing 395 8
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 87 6
- Why do I do this every year 539 13
- HMRC filing meltdown? 700 24
- Interest on pre-letting? 48 3
- client can't/won't pay 2,013 45
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 281 5
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,650 43
- Self assesment online 1,064 13
- Xero sales report by customer - how? 119 1
- Anybody Use Brightpay 744 20
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 256 11
- Tax Credit Office opening hours 146 1
- Payment of tax due on 2014/15 Self Assessment tax return 169 2
- Non resident income. 486 21
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 302 22
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 939
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 656
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 606
- Latest phishing scam 585
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 422
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 317
- Scratch Head 249
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 243
- Sabbatical payments 207
- Negligible Value Claim 182