can an insolvency practitioner have higher success rate at recovering trade debt from a liquidated company ?
I have been approached by a company offering debt collection services. The company suggests they have a higher success rate on recovering debt with liquidated companies than we could achieve by dealing with the administrators ourselves.
My understanding was that once a company was in liquidation then all non preferential creditors received a % share of any monies left after the preferential creditors.
So how is it possible that by using the services of an insolvency practitioner, rather than dealing with the administrators directly, you have a have a higher success rate on recovering your debt ?
My inital thoughts were that this was just a sales pitch, but i would appreciate your thoughts on this.
- Director registration for SA question 327 12
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 27 1
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 440 18
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 478 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 270 4
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 122 4
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 897 29
- New Company reviews please 508 13
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 265 4
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 146 2
- VAT with Russia 179 2
- Business only use of company car 649 25
- valuation of vehicles 350 15
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 226 4
- Money Laundering Manual 288 11
- cgt quoted shares losses 230 2
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,086 29
- directors loan 316 8
- Holiday pay calculator for client use? 357 4
- CIS not deducted 343 5
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 287
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 237
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 236
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 212
- Any thoughts on Capium? 211
- auto enrolment 180
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 173
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 148
- How to account for investment in JV? 147
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 143