can an insolvency practitioner have higher success rate at recovering trade debt from a liquidated company ?
I have been approached by a company offering debt collection services. The company suggests they have a higher success rate on recovering debt with liquidated companies than we could achieve by dealing with the administrators ourselves.
My understanding was that once a company was in liquidation then all non preferential creditors received a % share of any monies left after the preferential creditors.
So how is it possible that by using the services of an insolvency practitioner, rather than dealing with the administrators directly, you have a have a higher success rate on recovering your debt ?
My inital thoughts were that this was just a sales pitch, but i would appreciate your thoughts on this.
- FRS percentage 44 2
- Anybody taken part in the Growth Voucher Scheme? 69 2
- How much did you pay for your website 655 14
- Subsidiary exemption from audit via parent guarantee 43 1
- Can I use the approved mileage rates in a Limited Company? 173 5
- can a CGT transfer be legally cancelled in the future if 289 9
- Gross Profit Percentage 495 11
- Companies House 415 8
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 969 23
- can a balancing allowance be claimed if 127 4
- Benefit fraud 3,139 42
- Who would you nominate for a Practice Excellence Award? 216 2
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 101 4
- What is the reasoning behind HMRC letter re high income child benefit charge? 1,026 16
- Tax return to date of death/R27 133 2
- Preparing a consolidated TB 288 7
- does a hybrid car with CO2 92g/km bought April 2014 476 5
- How to deal with a prior year CT adjustment 249 8
- Medical benefit on low paid wife of director? 146 5
- Date of acquisition for capital allowances 134 1
- CTA study material 616
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 381
- Employment related securities question 235
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 204
- ATED Penalties 202
- AIM Stocks and IHT 181
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 143
- Expat pension contributions? 136
- Trust for Employee 133
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 124