can an insolvency practitioner have higher success rate at recovering trade debt from a liquidated company ?
I have been approached by a company offering debt collection services. The company suggests they have a higher success rate on recovering debt with liquidated companies than we could achieve by dealing with the administrators ourselves.
My understanding was that once a company was in liquidation then all non preferential creditors received a % share of any monies left after the preferential creditors.
So how is it possible that by using the services of an insolvency practitioner, rather than dealing with the administrators directly, you have a have a higher success rate on recovering your debt ?
My inital thoughts were that this was just a sales pitch, but i would appreciate your thoughts on this.
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 231 7
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 294 7
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 246 10
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 235 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 100 1
- General tax book with planning 224 5
- Anybody heard of Geniac, the new De Lorean? 157 3
- tax on apprenticeship income 191 1
- are receipts needed? 534 14
- Gift of property & improvements 150 3
- VAT Invoice 206 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 280 5
- Error in past Corporate tax return 377 6
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,275 69
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 313 11
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 821 32
- IHT and Swiss Property 140 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 266 3
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 178 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 479 10
- Skandia using wrong address 1,622
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 903
- International interest certificate 514
- NOVA 369
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 310
- Management expenses for investment company 269
- Bonus Bonds 263
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 177
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 161
- P11D benefit received by widow 153