can an insolvency practitioner have higher success rate at recovering trade debt from a liquidated company ?
I have been approached by a company offering debt collection services. The company suggests they have a higher success rate on recovering debt with liquidated companies than we could achieve by dealing with the administrators ourselves.
My understanding was that once a company was in liquidation then all non preferential creditors received a % share of any monies left after the preferential creditors.
So how is it possible that by using the services of an insolvency practitioner, rather than dealing with the administrators directly, you have a have a higher success rate on recovering your debt ?
My inital thoughts were that this was just a sales pitch, but i would appreciate your thoughts on this.
- Clearbooks - creating a HP Account 52 1
- Two trades one individual - Vat registration? 298 2
- How to claim subsistence for working away from home 178 3
- looking for a practice consultant 150 2
- The stupidity continues 1,437 73
- Withdrawing company car 113 1
- AML report needed? 181 7
- Bank request To verify Accounts 231 6
- RE assets introduced and rent 86 1
- transactions after account have been closed 314 10
- VAT on work on residential premises (empty for 2 years prior) 81 1
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 394 9
- Marketing and email surprises 452 9
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 769 26
- What is IRIS World like? 414 10
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 331 5
- Mlom bollocks 270 4
- VT Transactions Stock Issues 117 2
- Non-Europe based but want to do UK taxes 160 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 599 11
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 448
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 446
- WIP Software 310
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 295
- No payroll scheme in place 244
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 237
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 218
- Is there anything wrong with this? 212
- Small Part Disposal of Property 203
- Uncommercial property business 190