can an insolvency practitioner have higher success rate at recovering trade debt from a liquidated company ?
I have been approached by a company offering debt collection services. The company suggests they have a higher success rate on recovering debt with liquidated companies than we could achieve by dealing with the administrators ourselves.
My understanding was that once a company was in liquidation then all non preferential creditors received a % share of any monies left after the preferential creditors.
So how is it possible that by using the services of an insolvency practitioner, rather than dealing with the administrators directly, you have a have a higher success rate on recovering your debt ?
My inital thoughts were that this was just a sales pitch, but i would appreciate your thoughts on this.
- HMRC to sell our tax data to private companies 272 9
- Residential Management Companies 44 2
- Value pricing 2,826 37
- Problems with CT600 filing 370 5
- Flat rate scheme - which rate to use? 356 11
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 818 34
- Payroll software for Mac 105 1
- Online / Cloud Data Back Up 81 2
- Excel problem - pivot tables and multiple data sources 207 5
- CIS and Close Company 190 6
- LLP members share of profits 621 32
- Late P800 demand shows later year? 419 20
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 129 4
- Employment support allowance and self employed 84 1
- Registered Office 80 2
- Winding up a beneficiary will trust 101 1
- Brain freeze - loss on disposal of company car 286 7
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 534 17
- 64-8 on paper or online? 102 2
- Management fees agreement 158 4
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 932
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 658
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 385
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 329
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 252
- Paye procedures for CVA 242
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 238
- Expenses Re-imbursed on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 185
- Compliance Checks - Time limits 181
- Pension Fixed Protection 179