can an insolvency practitioner have higher success rate at recovering trade debt from a liquidated company ?
I have been approached by a company offering debt collection services. The company suggests they have a higher success rate on recovering debt with liquidated companies than we could achieve by dealing with the administrators ourselves.
My understanding was that once a company was in liquidation then all non preferential creditors received a % share of any monies left after the preferential creditors.
So how is it possible that by using the services of an insolvency practitioner, rather than dealing with the administrators directly, you have a have a higher success rate on recovering your debt ?
My inital thoughts were that this was just a sales pitch, but i would appreciate your thoughts on this.
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 59 5
- Course on trust taxation for qualified ACA? 239 3
- Can anyone recommend a good document scanner? 638 12
- Letting relief 77 3
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,376 28
- Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) 429 24
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 334 6
- Personal allowance for a resident of both Belgium and UK? 40 3
- Any Scottish members out there? 10,751 398
- Benefits in Kind 120 4
- Time limit 167 3
- What is the role of an accountant? 702 18
- Is it possible to set a company year end to be the last day of February every year, regardless of whether it is a leap year or not? 162 5
- Profitable company wanting to buy an office 378 9
- Investor wants shares. How does that work? 241 7
- What should I do for 'free' 815 9
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 150 3
- Out of Date Returns, CIS and Determination 164 4
- VAT registration for self employed dentist??? 454 14
- Late filing penalty for personal tax return. Reasonable excuse 520 12
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,234
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 439
- National Insurance 337
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 331
- Non Resident 259
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 256
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 255
- Franchise income and costs 222
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 163
- Hands on experience of Digita 159