Can a minor be a shareholder?
I have trawled Companies House, Companies Act, etc but cannot find anything to say that minors cannot be shareholders. So presumably they can, and can earn dividends in their own right?
Client says he used to have shares in his father's company, but does not know why and if he earned anything from it.
- flat rate scheme 2,427 51
- Importing transactions from VT Cashbook to VT Transaction+ 46 1
- Family Partnership 344 10
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,260 24
- Moving to BTC from Sage Accounts Production 88 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 201 3
- Multiple for fee bank purchase 250 5
- Business lending another business money (UK) 332 9
- Manufacturer cashback on fixed asset purchase 112 1
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 338 7
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 222 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 208 6
- Business trips - director and family 438 3
- Signed accounts for bank 692 15
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 339 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 240 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 125 2
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 886 12
- Deferring dividends on paper 241 5
- VAT Query on new build 146 1