Can a minor be a shareholder?
I have trawled Companies House, Companies Act, etc but cannot find anything to say that minors cannot be shareholders. So presumably they can, and can earn dividends in their own right?
Client says he used to have shares in his father's company, but does not know why and if he earned anything from it.
- AMAP on borrowed car?? 139 6
- VAT joint margin scheme arrangement 53 1
- Retrospective VAT Query 66 1
- Chargeable Event - life insurance bond written in trust 105 2
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 264 8
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 806 9
- Tips on meals 544 5
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,318 15
- S.455 Tax again 437 9
- Overdrawn directors loans and insolvent winding up 152 3
- Closing down loss-making company 786 15
- Stumped - IHT 603 8
- Can any cloud accounting package cope with operating a Foreign Branch and UK Head Office? 136 1
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 491 3
- Entrepreneur relief and deduction of Amortisation of Goodwill Pre2002 399 14
- co-operatives & Societies 119 1
- HMRC having technical difficulties 1,227 20
- Xerocon 2016 1,485 40
- Website Content 474 6
- Company restructure - Share valuation, ERS and PAYE 208 3